Cleric requirement for CD - Page 2 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Cleric requirement for CD

• Please log in to reply
159 replies to this topic

#26 3722121031200347517

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

from my observation, me and my friends play full support cleric because of the points they get. we farm points in order to sell to other players or to get gears for other characters BUT since honor gears are now locked on acquire hell no, im not gonna play my cleric since its hard to play fs the thing that makes it fun to play fs is that they get decent points every game and i think thats why SOME people play fs

just letting everyone know

#27 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:56 PM

I must be the only one who plays the class because its fun LOL

#28 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:59 PM

I play cleric becuse I think its fun to be cleric  :p_smile:

#29 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:49 AM

we must be masochists :3

#30 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee
  • Server:Arua

Posted 19 August 2014 - 01:50 AM

i play fs cleric also for fun :p_smile: :p_idea:

#31 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:08 AM

I don't play fs cause I suck at it. Although I sometimes enter CD with cleric to watch my allies die.

#32 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 03:55 AM

There were times when it was fun to play the full support cleric. However, I do not think that time is now. Now, it is very stressful to play the full support cleric.

#33 SpawN9999

SpawN9999

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:00 AM

^ I love watching allies die. Jerremy we da best knightz

I give clerics props. Played fs the other day and got hit with the " Y U NO HEAL MOI" and " RB CHARM PLS" as I'm getting attacked by 3-4 raiders . I like gangbangs as much as the next guy but it was getting a little ridiculous.

#34 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:13 AM

I give clerics props. Played fs the other day and got hit with the " Y U NO HEAL MOI" and " RB CHARM PLS" as I'm getting attacked by 3-4 raiders . I like gangbangs as much as the next guy but it was getting a little ridiculous.

Got the same when I was playing cleric, just went back to knight. You get to watch everyone die and no one will complain to you about it.

#35 iMatt

iMatt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1539 posts
  • LocationMunich, Bavaria

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:43 AM

The requirement was removed for various reason, the main ones being that they were the bottle neck of matches starting, when you had enough players by count to be able to initiate them otherwise.

I fully agree with this but sadly the buffs + heals are that big of an impact that team without clercis have nearly no chance to fight teams with clerics - so it would be good having both sides or NO side using a support cleric

The issue behind why it's being asked for is for "fairness" that each side have a Cleric, but forcing a Cleric to be on either side still doesn't guarantee that fairness is going to occur. The Cleric could be a battle build, or some other variant without the "necessary buff" to be identified as a support build.

It could be possible to just "count" clerics with all buffs skilled in this count (not like in the old system where a cleric just had to skip 1-2 spells to actually not count as support cleric while being a support)

If you want to have a Cleric on your team, group one, call in friends, clannies or recruit off the street, however you do it, you have the power to control a bit of who's on your team so try to make good use of it!

This stil doesn't gurantee a nice battle because maybe the other side has none - he doesn t ask for it to always have a cleric in HIS team - he asks for it to actually gurantee at least an interesting match till a certain point.

As for the reason why Clerics are so highly coveted, is because they have the one thing no other class has, healing. No other class has that ability at current, and it is something we're working on, so there is less reliance from Clerics as a whole for the role of support. We're working on designs and plans to help spread some of that responsibility in unique ways so they are less needed by name, but rather they can become an option for support for many who would care to take that role of support, but not take the time to play or create a support Cleric.

Clerics not only have (OP) heals (they didn t get nerfed/readjusted when the buffs changed) they also have buffs - you will say now that all classes provide buffs but certain buffs simply don't expist as party buffs  - additional damage for example is one of the most influencal buffs but no class adds this as party buff so ->auto advantage for cleric buffed teams.

Through much of the efforts of skill and class balances, game play has shown to be evening out greatly over time, however as mentioned that aspect of providing healing for support is still locked down to one class, which places a high importance on that class, currently. Look for the coming updates as we begin to put effort behind this issue.

Edited by iMatt, 20 August 2014 - 05:04 AM.

#36 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 05:32 AM

Put ranking in Game Arena. most healed, most killed, most damage deal, most win (its up to u guys) . . whats the point of joining without a GOAL(for veteran). . . and put schedule in cd, akram, and dragonist peak. . . cause no one play dragonist peak and akram. . give us GOAL of joining. . TO BE NO. 1.. give us action. . .

#37 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

Put ranking in Game Arena. most healed, most killed, most damage deal, most win (its up to u guys) . . whats the point of joining without a GOAL(for veteran). . . and put schedule in cd, akram, and dragonist peak. . . cause no one play dragonist peak and akram. . give us GOAL of joining. . TO BE NO. 1.. give us action. . .

Speaking of goals, CD is always happening a bit more on CD Daily days. We still have DP and AA Daily's but let me ask, when was the last time one of those game modes actually ran?

#38 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

LMFAO SUGE YOUR DISPLAY PIC..omg

ive said it before and I'll say it again, you need to have thick skin if you play a cleric

Edited by Squipy, 19 August 2014 - 10:20 PM.

#39 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:46 PM

And and every end of season/end of the year ranking should be reset. Those player who reach top 1-10 in cleric, knight, champ ect should be rewarded. Maybe rare costume or new WEAPON COSTUME that cant be seen in im or drop in any monsters. And that weapon costume should have passive stat if equip in costume tab like king set or royal. healing power for cleric. **percent taunt when casting skill for knight. **percent movement speed when casting berserk. for example...

Put color coding in the name of the char base on effort of the player in playing Game Arena or base on there score in PvP. . Like earning clan point or via ranking in each class the top ranking player name is purple. . . Honor points should be recorded. . .Player without points is white. . And please make a way or solution to determine whether it is Battle type or Support type. . . this is just my suggest. respect . . Hope to see deathmatch arena. . .

still waiting my char. . . so boring without rose.

Edited by Zurn, 20 August 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#40 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

1-50 is pretty generous. there arent that many regular CD players

#41 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:33 PM

Maybe after merge...1-50 is example only. . .maybe base of total population of player joining in GA(its up to the developers). If there is a GOAL(rare stuff) GA will flood of players. And team work is must here. Like the event of SUPER BOSS that Drops small wing and super fighter set.

Edited by joelhouse09, 19 August 2014 - 10:42 PM.

#42 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 10:51 PM

i like the ranking idea, it will encourage competition and should increase participation 

#43 Mystiqueforce

Mystiqueforce

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 AM

i'd be no.1 on most deaths

#44 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:09 AM

The requirement was removed for various reason, the main ones being that they were the bottle neck of matches starting, when you had enough players by count to be able to initiate them otherwise.

The issue behind why it's being asked for is for "fairness" that each side have a Cleric, but forcing a Cleric to be on either side still doesn't guarantee that fairness is going to occur. The Cleric could be a battle build, or some other variant without the "necessary buff" to be identified as a support build.

If you want to have a Cleric on your team, group one, call in friends, clannies or recruit off the street, however you do it, you have the power to control a bit of who's on your team so try to make good use of it!

As for the reason why Clerics are so highly coveted, is because they have the one thing no other class has, healing. No other class has that ability at current, and it is something we're working on, so there is less reliance from Clerics as a whole for the role of support. We're working on designs and plans to help spread some of that responsibility in unique ways so they are less needed by name, but rather they can become an option for support for many who would care to take that role of support, but not take the time to play or create a support Cleric.

Through much of the efforts of skill and class balances, game play has shown to be evening out greatly over time, however as mentioned that aspect of providing healing for support is still locked down to one class, which places a high importance on that class, currently. Look for the coming updates as we begin to put effort behind this issue.

Again, sort teams by class type.  It would ruin being able to group with clannies, but at least it might make the teams a little more even(obviously skill comes in there before).

So, this was never a problem before..this clerics being insanely necessary.   It was never this bad before.. People played without a cleric all the time pre-Game arena--having a cleric certainly put an edge on war(clerics didn't stand there and spam heal, they had to move around to help their fighters), but people did it without them without crying.  They still went out and fought in uw(after buffing themselves of course).  No one(besides those darn leechers) sat in the spawn waiting for their clerics to spawn so they could get buffs.  Its got nothing to do with them being the only ones with healing, and everything to do with how you've redone the skills and how buffs have become so important.  I used to be able to throw some buffs to those who didn't have int clerics--with lower int.. and they would still be satisfied and have survivability. They didn't care so long as the got a few buffs. Crafters used to make buffpots that some were better than lower int cleric buffs(that would be how you spread out the need for a cleric before... but you got rid of those to make cleric more 'important')  But now, charm buffs.. the curve between low charm far surpasses the curve between low int and high int used to.  But sure, its the fact that the clerics have heals that makes them so coveted.   The only thing wrong with cleric right now is the amount charm effects things(because you were striving so hard to change our main stat so charm wasn't useless?) and how we have far too many party heals(because you wanted to make heal spamming a thing?). This is me begging you to stop trying to take away from our class and give it to others because you think its the problem.  You already did that with buffs. Do you know what happened because of that? I rarely see TG wars.  People won't come in unless they have 'full' buffs which includes 4 full stat buffers because you gave other buffs to other classes. People *will not* even try to war without stat buffers because the differences in buffs are *EXTREME.*  The in game cost of these buffers 30b+ per character.  You're looking at 120b worth of gear event/item mall gear to fully buff your characters.  I don't know about other people(and despite what people think I might have) I can't even afford to fully gear a cleric.. I could if I really felt the motivation instead of the resentment I have towards charm, but I know other people won't do it because they just are not as good at making zuly.  Hell, a lot of the people I know who have full charm buffers-- spent a lot of real money to get them.  Remember when you nerfed boosters because people didn't like the pay to win? This is similar, but costs lots of extra money, making it harder for the average player to achieve.   Rerolling sucks.  So, as you can imagine, your average player can't afford buffs. So if the person in your clan who *might* have all the stat buffers isnt on, or doesn't want to buff, then TG wars don't happen.  Do you know what happens because of that?  People like me get super bored after being online for 10 minutes.   I know you're probably thinking, I don't care if she plays or not, but people like me used to spend a lot more on the item mall. Last time I bought item mall  was 30,00 01/26/2014, if I remember correctly, that was for a friend.  And before that? 10.00 07/20/2013.  And then another 3 month gap.  Compared to the year before 135.00 spent in January 2013. 150.00 in July 2012.  And that was normal every month.  I bought stuff for me and friends.  Why is this relevant? Because I could probably tell you that there was a good handful of people in the clan I was in at the time, who don't play for similar reasons to what I've listed.. Who I would tell you that I pale in comparison to when it came to item mall spending.  Why bother telling you this at all? Because I don't actually want to see this game fail.  I loved this game.   And I don't care what anyone tells me, the game is clearly losing players by the buttload.  You can always tell by the number of shops in junon. 

I know you don't like to hear the negative crap, but you seriously need to play to fully understand.  Because when you say stuff like this, i do not think you even come close to understanding how clerics are being used--or any of the classes for that matter.  Its like you're watching us, through a funnel, from a hundred yards away.. And then making judgements from there.  Please stop using the "WoW model" for the game. 

#45 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:24 PM

Idea of ranking:
10,000Honor Points-Grade 1
20,000Honor Points-Grade 2
30,000Honor Points-Grade 3 up to Grade 7(purple name).
(10k, 20k,30k sample only its up to the developers). . . 1st 10 player who reach Grade 7 (each class) should be rewarded a 999 stock of banana. joke.. rank should be post in some website.. Honor points should be HIDE to public ONLY PLAYER should know his/her points.

Edited by joelhouse09, 20 August 2014 - 07:25 PM.

#46 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 11:34 PM

I rather have clan farming like it is. Cuz not everyone likes pvp and this force you to do it and thats stupid

#47 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:01 AM

I rather have clan farming like it is. Cuz not everyone likes pvp and this force you to do it and thats stupid

yeah thats stupid i dont like forcing myself doing pvp only maybe 50 percent pvm and 50percent pvp. . looks like ur lvling ur clan?

#48 joelhouse09

joelhouse09

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 01:44 AM

Idea about Clerics.
Immunity Shield(Active) - 100 percent resistance any status problem such as mute, sleep, and stun.
lvl 1- 4sec duration with 10 sec cool down
lvl 2- 5sec duration with 12 sec cool down
lvl 3- 6ec duration with 14 sec cool down
lvl 4- 7sec duration with 16 sec cool down
lvl 5- 10sec duration with 24sec cool down
i always play cleric, most of the time (attacker) , I'm the only cleric. i think cleric needs more resistance. 50percent mute resistance purify is not enough. With this skill champion with mute will think first rather than spamming mute to cleric.

Edited by joelhouse09, 22 August 2014 - 03:44 PM.

#49 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 21 August 2014 - 02:11 AM

*name changes champ back to feuer* instantly gets most damage taken forever.

on topic just wait for more skill changes, will solve that pesky healing problem.

#50 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 03:11 AM

yeah thats stupid i dont like forcing myself doing pvp only maybe 50 percent pvm and 50percent pvp. . looks like ur lvling ur clan?

I might being busy lvl a clan yes :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users