ZeroTigress Builds Some Mechs - Page 3 - Off Topic - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

ZeroTigress Builds Some Mechs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
159 replies to this topic

#51 Argetlahm

Argetlahm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAt a Stone Pedestal in the Sword Cathedral
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:51 AM

OOH! nice! haha, the last MG ms i made was a Unicorn+MS Cage which was a year ago,

anyway.if you're into a bit of Remodeling/Modification, you can add some of your Deathscythe EW Parts to make the Deathscythe Hell (Glory of Losers) though you'll need to buy an MG Deathscythe Hell and another Deathscythe EW.  :p_swt:

here's the Recipe Link: http://www.gundamkit...100-gundam.html

Reading your first post about Mechanic's and Gundam's made me remember a question i had

If you equip an Immaterial Sword to a Mechanic while wearing a Mado Suit, do you get a Beam Saber?  :heh:

Edited by Argetlahm, 22 June 2015 - 07:53 AM.

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 12:52 PM

These mechs are more my style
587688_md-Black%20Legion,%20Chaos,%20Dre

Chaos Dreadnaught huh?

Black Templars may have something to say about that.
4OMvK29.png

So sad that they killed my chapter codex and made them into smurfs.

#53 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:06 PM

OOH! nice! haha, the last MG ms i made was a Unicorn+MS Cage which was a year ago,

anyway.if you're into a bit of Remodeling/Modification, you can add some of your Deathscythe EW Parts to make the Deathscythe Hell (Glory of Losers) though you'll need to buy an MG Deathscythe Hell and another Deathscythe EW.  :p_swt:
here's the Recipe Link: http://www.gundamkit...100-gundam.html

Ooh, I don't have the cash to go into all-out Gundam customizations. >< These kits are already pricey enough on their own. If they sold the pieces separately in a Gundam store or something, I might be inclined to go into that.

Reading your first post about Mechanic's and Gundam's made me remember a question i had

If you equip an Immaterial Sword to a Mechanic while wearing a Mado Suit, do you get a Beam Saber? :heh:

Nah, just a fancy toothpick. :U

On to the construction!

The engineering that goes into making each piece fit together and move in crazy ways is quite fascinating.

6yCMqYT.jpg

#54 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 07:45 PM

*plays can-can music*

ww6iywZ.jpg

Yes, I have an ocean banner wallpaper around my room.

#55 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 09:42 PM

Shenlong could've been an excellent Sailor Scout.

GIHoN3f.jpg

#56 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

The itty bitty c0ckpit no one's going to even see once the chest is complete.

8lw5kvO.jpg

Edited by ZeroTigress, 22 June 2015 - 10:12 PM.

#57 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

Wouldn't you want this lovely thing limping towards you in a dark alley? I know I would. :U

GDPBI4V.jpg

#58 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 June 2015 - 11:14 PM

yay go Shenlong~!

i have a question, is that MG? (i'm just new in this Gunpla thing) >w< why does it have -_-pits while HG doesn't have? ._. 

#59 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 12:04 AM

Shenlong be all like "yo, I got no arms. Not cool." :U (Last update for now 'cause I'm gettin' sleepy.)

RRGHqJk.jpg

yay go Shenlong~!

i have a question, is that MG? (i'm just new in this Gunpla thing) >w< why does it have -_-pits while HG doesn't have? ._. 

Yep, all the Gundams I'll be building in this thread are Master Grades. Gundam model kits come in 4 levels of difficulty when it comes to assembly (not sure what the standard is concerning Zoids or other robot model kits, but these are the categorization levels for Gundam models specifically).

no grade - Cheapest model kits (generally around $10 or less); least amount of pieces which is good for beginners to the hobby. Downside is that the pieces aren't very detailed so painting is a must if you want it to look decent. Common size is 1/144 scale.

High Grade - Moderate price range; has more pieces than no grades, but still not quite detailed enough to look good without paint. I'd say it's still around beginner level, but somewhat eases into intermediate level. Comes in 1/144 scale and 1/100 scale.

Master Grade - Pricey (cheapest go for around $40 if you're lucky); a lot more pieces than High Grades with much more details. Can display fine with little to no paint required, but it's a pretty big leap in difficulty from High Grades. Because the Master Grades are generally bigger (1/100 scale) than no grades and High Grades, extra details to illustrate c0ckpits and underlying mechanical structures are standard.

Perfect Grade - Highest grade with a hefty price tag; extreme model kits with electrical wiring capabilities for lighting effects. As such, you won't find much under 1/50 scale; these will take up a good amount of display space.

So generally, the higher the difficulty of the model kit, the more detailed the model will be at the end. I've built enough no grades to be able to assemble them fine without instructions, but only built a few High Grades so still need instructions for those somewhat. Definitely can't build a Master Grade without instructions and dunno if I'll ever be able to. x_x My very first Gundam model was a 1/144 no grade Shenlong Gundam back in... 2001? 2002? So yeah, I've been into this hobby for a pretty long time.

#60 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 01:43 PM

He's glorious. *_*

ud2SmWx.jpgeYT0ALU.jpg

Action shots in spoiler.

Spoiler

What will I build next? Tune in next time to see!

#61 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:23 PM

Who's that Pokemon Gundam?

QVKmBf2.jpg

#62 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 June 2015 - 04:24 PM

Sandroc!

Edited by Talvis, 23 June 2015 - 04:27 PM.

#63 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 06:08 PM

Sandrock!

Fixed that for you. :3

It was funny, I picked Sandrock next because I figured it would be a quicker build since it's a simpler design compared to Deathscythe and Shenlong. Then I opened the box and saw that it has more pieces than the previous Gundams I built. 8U TRICKERY!

#64 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:03 PM

Bare bones inner structure of a Master Grade Gundam's legs (what's underneath all that white).

yklXWqp.jpg

#65 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 June 2015 - 09:09 PM

I love how much effort they put into this stuff ^o^

Have you watched much of the original UC Era series'?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 23 June 2015 - 09:09 PM.

#66 Argetlahm

Argetlahm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:08 AM

Since you're into Master Grade Gundams, you can also try Real Grade ones, they're basically Master Grades under the 1/144 size scale and costs about 20-40$ + they have amazing decals (the dry rub ones) and an amazing single Inner-frame very much like some MG's and PG's. you can find more info on these kits here

#67 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:18 PM

I love how much effort they put into this stuff ^o^

Have you watched much of the original UC Era series'?

I've seen Char's Counterattack, but haven't looked into the rest of the UC series yet. I do want to check out the original MSG series eventually since I hear plenty of good stuff about it. I actually have a 1/144 scale RX-78 (HG) so I am interested in that sector of the Gundam franchise. (Just never mention Gundam SeeD to me because that was just *barf*.)

Since you're into Master Grade Gundams, you can also try Real Grade ones, they're basically Master Grades under the 1/144 size scale and costs about 20-40$ + they have amazing decals (the dry rub ones) and an amazing single Inner-frame very much like some MG's and PG's. you can find more info on these kits here

A new challenge has arrived! 8U

Hmm, for something around the $20-$40 price range, I'd like something bigger in the 1/100 scale at least. I haven't touched a 1/144 scale kit in a while and feel that they're too small for my liking.

#68 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 01:25 PM

Fixed that for you. :3

It was funny, I picked Sandrock next because I figured it would be a quicker build since it's a simpler design compared to Deathscythe and Shenlong. Then I opened the box and saw that it has more pieces than the previous Gundams I built. 8U TRICKERY!

For some reason I thought it was spelled that way.

#69 Argetlahm

Argetlahm

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

I've seen Char's Counterattack, but haven't looked into the rest of the UC series yet. I do want to check out the original MSG series eventually since I hear plenty of good stuff about it. I actually have a 1/144 scale RX-78 (HG) so I am interested in that sector of the Gundam franchise. (Just never mention Gundam SeeD to me because that was just *barf*.)

A new challenge has arrived! 8U

Hmm, for something around the $20-$40 price range, I'd like something bigger in the 1/100 scale at least. I haven't touched a 1/144 scale kit in a while and feel that they're too small for my liking.

Seed's story's really ewww, but the Gundam Ideas are cool.  :heh:

they may be small, but those Real grades are amazing! :p_love: 

try looking at the pictures for each of the GunPla's here when you have the time so you can decide if you really wanna take up the challenge.

i'm always amazed at the Engineering behind making these Robots + Models, Plus the Feels while you're working on building the Model.  :p_smile:

#70 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 11:35 PM

Seed's story's really ewww, but the Gundam Ideas are cool.  :heh:
they may be small, but those Real grades are amazing! :p_love:
try looking at the pictures for each of the GunPla's here when you have the time so you can decide if you really wanna take up the challenge.

i'm always amazed at the Engineering behind making these Robots + Models, Plus the Feels while you're working on building the Model.  :p_smile:

I'm already having a hard time dealing with small pieces on the Master Grades so I don't think I'll be able to handle even smaller pieces on the Real Grade.  :p_sick: I'll just wait until they come out with some 1/100 scale versions and try my hand at it then.

#71 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 25 June 2015 - 07:39 PM

Okay, this took me a while to do since I had to closely analyze the instructions to make sure I built the right pieces.

I present to you a naked Master Grade Gundam and the biggest departure in difficulty from High Grades and no grades!

sCKYsYk.jpgh0UrihH.jpg

(Sandrock be all like "whoo, breezy!")

#72 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 June 2015 - 03:41 PM

Updoot for Sandrock because it's the best Gundam from Wing, and that's a very cool inner frame! Also one of my mains in the Extreme series <3

UPLvGmx.png

Also Quatre best of the 5 pilots. Partly because he's the least inclined to kill things/most humble, and partly because he went kinda insane for a while, especially in the WZ and that was hilarious XD

#73 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts

Posted 26 June 2015 - 04:15 PM

Epyon is still my favorite.

#74 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas