Regarding 9-5-2014 Server Rollbacks - Page 9 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Regarding 9-5-2014 Server Rollbacks

• Please log in to reply
363 replies to this topic

#201 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

CMs should've just taken down the server entirely until they resolved this. Ignorant players will keep playing regardless of the warnings. No different then the parents at Disneyland who let their kids climb on stuff when there's a sign that clearly says not to climb on stuff. And then they're shocked that their kids get injured.

I only logged on because I never originally got a Nay for my question about logging on, not until i was already 10 minutes into my playing, and I noticed it 15 minutes after that so...yeah that's technically not my fault because they had said they did things already, or at least that's what I thought from what I read.

#202 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

Them storages exploding with MvP cards.

#203 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

How recently did you sell because I sold mine about 1 hour before server restart.  When I was waiting for it to come up I stumbled upon this thread and Oda said the servers was back up with 2x exp.  Thats great I went to check the money on the character I keep all my zenny on. I don't have much but it should have had 800mil+, it went down to 600mil.  I checked the account I used to vend the cards but no.. it's not there anymore.  So where did it go?  After I sold the card I transfered some extra items to his cart to vend.  The items was still there, the card was not. And the money on my baby merchant that I transfered from my vendor that sold the cards was gone. 140mil might not seem like a lot to some people but to me it is an acomplishment, or my 4 AK cards back would also be considered something valuable I could sell later.  Now I have nothing, now I know how it feels to lose the battle and the war.

so was it 140m, 160m, or 180m?

I only logged on because I never originally got a Nay for my question about logging on, not until i was already 10 minutes into my playing, and I noticed it 15 minutes after that so...yeah that's technically not my fault because they had said they did things already, or at least that's what I thought from what I read.

if it took you 10-15 min to get from 30+ to 50+/50, then it'll take you even less time with 2x exp

#204 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:45 AM

You must be 4 ft. high to climb on Mickey :x

Just as long as they don't blow up on me when I point out the warning sign nearby.

"BUT DISNEYLAND IS ONE BIG PLAYGROUND! I'M SUING!!"

Just... no. <<

Alanthier, that's the kind of Guest response I often get pissed off at. "BUT THEY DIDN'T TELL US!"

Common sense has become so uncommon, it's annoying.

#205 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:47 AM

Can we get that 2x drop as well ? :P

#206 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

Just as long as they don't blow up on me when I point out the warning sign nearby.

"BUT DISNEYLAND IS ONE BIG PLAYGROUND! I'M SUING!!"

Just... no. <<

Alanthier, that's the kind of Guest response I often get pissed off at. "BUT THEY DIDN'T TELL US!"

I logged on AFTER camp said that they added 2x exp/drop to compensate, which is what I took as an "ok" to log back on.

#207 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

This is why the patcher needs to be more robust, thats usually what the average player sees, they don't engage in the social experience out of game (i.e. Twitter, FB, Forums)

#208 Frike

Frike

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Renewal

inb4 eden flooded with S>"Insert MVP card" chatrooms.

#209 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:49 AM

Oh good god...are we seriously getting 2x EXP?

#210 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:50 AM

CMs should've just taken down the server entirely until they resolved this. Ignorant players will keep playing regardless of the warnings.

they are free to keep playing but they can't complain when the server goes down in the middle of an instance run.  what's the point if there ends up being a rollback anyway?  whatever they got in the instance would disappear and they probably would get locked out for the week or w/e from that instance, knowing RO programming logic.

#211 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts

This is why the patcher needs to be more robust, thats usually what the average player sees, they don't engage in the social experience out of game (i.e. Twitter, FB, Forums)

<---was first to complain about the complaints on this forum on the FB page so...yeah...obviously I don't pay attention right?

#212 popurheads

popurheads

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts

So.... whats actually happening to the server? I for one would like to know.

#213 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

I logged on AFTER camp said that they added 2x exp/drop to compensate, which is what I took as an "ok" to log back on.

But they haven't said anything about fixing the problem, which should've raised a red flag (for me at least).

Yeah, I don't understand why a lot of games don't detail their patchers like WoW and tell you what's exactly going on. Would save a lot of headaches in the long run.

#214 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:53 AM

<---was first to complain about the complaints on this forum on the FB page so...yeah...obviously I don't pay attention right?

Did I say your name specifically?  I was generalizing >_>

Edited by Inubashiri, 05 September 2014 - 10:53 AM.

#215 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

after he announced that, i tried to set up vend, got a "Please be aware that max vending limit is 9,999" was like O_O and decided to go out to run some errands. 

people should know by now, things don't always get fixed in 1 go

#216 Zander

Zander

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2393 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

Wow lots of things happened while im sleeping lol

#217 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

after he announced that, i tried to set up vend, got a "Please be aware that max vending limit is 9,999" was like O_O and decided to go out to run some errands. 

o.O WP using this downtime to enact contractionary monetary policy?

#218 hesho

hesho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 223 posts

maybe add something for homunculus loyalty too? :sob:

this please :(     while i don't personally care about xp/items.. what i do care about is my homun feeding since i would have wasted 10 hours of feeding :(

edit, actually.. unbind the nintendo DS pre order items already and i will forgive all of this /ok ;)

Edited by hesho, 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#219 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Would really like to know if GM only check for recently appeared MVP cards. Guess you can dupe any gear you want, mini boss cards, etc. Doesn't this mean people doing it can get as much gear as they want to sell for infinite zeny, but only those who dupe MVPs get investigated?

Edited by meli, 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM.

#220 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

so was it 140m, 160m, or 180m?

i think it's somewhere here: http://ragial.com/it...al/HbXm5a42iElP

#221 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:00 AM

people should know by now, things don't always get fixed in 1 go

Wait a second, the vending limit used to be 9,999? O_o

#222 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:01 AM

i think it's somewhere here: http://ragial.com/it...al/HbXm5a42iElP

yeah but it doesn't seem like he can get his story straight. it's best his story stays consistent when sending a ticket

#223 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

2hgfviq.png

le incoming ban

#224 Haro

Haro

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 258 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:03 AM

yeah but it doesn't seem like he can get his story straight. it's best his story stays consistent when sending a ticket

at first i thought he was a lion

#225 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 05 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

everytime ive ever tried to sell something for over 99,999,990 zeny it tells me "Please be aware that max vending limit is 9,999".... and it will automatically revert it to 99,999,990...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users