tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 September 2014 - 05:35 PM

2n21i5g.png

all you need is time and patience..

Edited by tENLAVUU, 21 September 2014 - 05:44 PM.

#27 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:20 PM

2n21i5g.png

all you need is time and patience..

Yep, I also got a few gem on my own.

#28 kwayan19

kwayan19

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1031 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:34 PM

what medals do u use?

#29 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 07:43 PM

Nothing. The gem drop rates have their own drop table, so the medals have no effect on the gem drop rates. Although I have to admit a lot of time the Kings drop nothing.

#30 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

Nah there's no way medals don't affect the drop rate. sigils do. Not sure about the legendary medals.

#31 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:42 AM

The gems are on a completely different drop system, so no, sigils, medals, drop suits, nothing works on them.

#32 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:12 AM

Can Leonis or Genesis confirm this?

#33 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:18 AM

Gems obtained from regular boss drops are influenced by drop rate bonuses.  Gems obtained through Game Arena dungeons are not influenced by drop rate bonuses.

#34 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:20 AM

As what rarity are the regular boss drop gems set? Thinking of getting one of the drop chance increase gems in my farmers equipment but it'd be nice to know what rarity they're labelled as exactly.

Edited by jerremy, 22 September 2014 - 07:21 AM.

#35 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 08:15 AM

I just want to point out that this thread was about the fact that boss level monsters sometimes drop nothing at all. Now I dont claim to play every mmo known to man, but this is the only one ive played where a king can drop nothing at all. This has *nothing* to do with the drop rates of the current gems. Yes, people are farming gems right now and that farming wave is what brought this issue to Albe's attention. The drop rates for the gems are fine and adding on lower stuff would not effect the economy in a detrimental way. Nor does it have to effect the rate that epics or gems drop. The point is that no one should have to fight something that is however much tougher then a normal creature and get absolutely nothing to show for it.

#36 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:05 AM

What I fear the most is the DEV Team will make the gem drop rate worse than it is when they add low level drop into the batch. You how how the DEV usually breaks thing for fun. Regardless, maybe it is my unluck period, around 80% of the Kings drop nothing, and most of the last 20% are junk drop.

#37 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:33 AM

I just want to point out that this thread was about the fact that boss level monsters sometimes drop nothing at all. Now I dont claim to play every mmo known to man, but this is the only one ive played where a king can drop nothing at all. This has *nothing* to do with the drop rates of the current gems. Yes, people are farming gems right now and that farming wave is what brought this issue to Albe's attention. The drop rates for the gems are fine and adding on lower stuff would not effect the economy in a detrimental way. Nor does it have to effect the rate that epics or gems drop. The point is that no one should have to fight something that is however much tougher then a normal creature and get absolutely nothing to show for it.

I do agree that it should at least drop something rather than nothing at all. However, anything 'worthwhile' is pretty subjective. Um.. maybe throw in some catas? or a low grade gem box? lol. 

Edited by tENLAVUU, 22 September 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#38 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:42 AM

Gems that drop outside of the Game Arena are part of the Rare Tier. Happy farming!

#39 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:44 AM

Gems that drop outside of the Game Arena are part of the Rare Tier. Happy farming!

Thanks for the confirmation on that~

#40 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:55 AM

Oh...thought it was legendary...they gonna be flooding the market soon then

Back to the main topic though, add some decent drops, a few gem boxes, box with 20-30 chems or 10-20 lisents, valor points or whatever u want to make the kings worth farming for, if the rare stuff doesnt drop.

Edited by Gojio, 22 September 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#41 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 10:59 AM

Oh...thought it was legendary...they gonna be flooding the market soon then

Back to the main topic though, add some decent drops, a few gem boxes, box with 20-30 chems or 10-20 lisents, valor points or whatever u want to make the kings worth farming for, if the rare stuff doesnt drop.

Box of chems/lisents seems nice, if they yield that many I wouldn't give them a 100% drop rate though. Maybe 30% drop rate or something.

#42 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:37 PM

Box of chems/lisents seems nice, if they yield that many I wouldn't give them a 100% drop rate though. Maybe 30% drop rate or something.

No that's exactly the point of my thread, to have something decent always drop from kings. Maybe have more boxes with different drop rate with the common ones having 5-10 chems and 4-8 lisents and rarer ones with better contents, but my idea is that killing a king should always be rewarded with something decent. Same can be done with jewel chests or valor points.

Edited by Gojio, 22 September 2014 - 12:38 PM.

#43 Iazu

Iazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 12:59 PM

Can we please get back to addressing the OP which was the odds of kings not dropping anything =S I started to farm some today and it was rather taxing to not get something of a reward, I still say valor could be a nice compromise. 

#44 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.

Posted 22 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Don't know much about programming, but they could try to program it so that when no item drops (all chance rolls fail), common drop rate momentarily gets boosted to 100% to make sure you get at least an item.

#45 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:23 PM

I wouldn't mind a cata box or something I guess. but I duno, these bosses either drop 'nothing' worthwhile or they drop one of these valuable gems, seems like a fair trade off

im not sure if I believe that this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with gems :/ nobody paid this much attention to bosses before they had the opportunity to drop them

Edited by Squipy, 22 September 2014 - 05:53 PM.

#46 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:44 PM

The bosses just need to have 'common' drops. That doesn't mean gem rates should be increased, but maybe have lisents as a common drop, doesn't need to be a box of them either.

Edited by Phish, 22 September 2014 - 05:45 PM.

#47 Iazu

Iazu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 05:52 PM

@Squipy, I asked some players if this was true and you are correct, not much attention was given to them for a while. But the same person who said that also said they think it's because the last time new stuff was added was a long time ago, and that no one cared enough to complain cause there wasn't a reason to farm them in the first place? I haven't been around long enough to say if that's true, but maybe something for players in this discussion to consider? 

#48 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

I wouldn't mind a cata box or something I guess. but I duno, these bosses either drop 'nothing' worthwhile or they drop one of these valuable gems, seems like a fair trade off

im not sure if I believe that this discussion has absolutely nothing to do with gems :/ nobody paid this much attention to bosses before they had the opportunity to drop them

Okay, this isn't the first time something like this has come up.  Similar discussions popped up when Medallions were all the rage to farm.  Its got nothing to do with the gems, the gems is just the reason more attention was brought to do with it. 

The point is, maybe the bosses would be more worthwhile to farm if they dropped something more and we were not just farming when updates like this came. 

Edited by NamirBarades, 22 September 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#49 Squipy

Squipy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1237 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:40 PM

I guess im just saying the gems themselves are worthwhile enough xD

#50 tENLAVUU

tENLAVUU

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1757 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 07:47 PM

gems/epics and so on are the whole point of farming bosses because they are "worthwhile." The only thing that can constitute the idea of a guaranteed drop that is worthwhile would be if the bosses actually took more effort to kill. Every boss so far takes on average 4 minutes to kill with minimal effort (this is from own experience with just purely full AP set and a reinforce set on fighting chars... 2 were used to be exact in this example). Otherwise...if you want drops so badly sure make them drop like a chem or cata. And i disagree with a whole box of them because as I've stated, it only takes 3-4 mins to kill any orlo boss. 

Edited by tENLAVUU, 22 September 2014 - 07:49 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users