9/24 Phil Hartman Birthday Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

9/24 Phil Hartman Birthday Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
72 replies to this topic

#51 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:13 AM

That may be your opinion of your particular guild, but there are plenty of people who would rather fight than farm. If people leave bg because of pvp then so be it.  Being able to earn woe/pvp supplies from bg will make preparing woe/pvp less work/boring and more fun.

Edited by TheSputnik, 28 September 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:33 AM

That may be your opinion of your particular guild, but there are plenty of people who would rather fight than farm. If people leave bg because of pvp then so be it.  Being able to earn woe/pvp supplies from bg will make preparing woe/pvp less work/boring and more fun.

I don't do bg on known characters, thanks for your concern.

Is it possible for you to discuss this without you slyly talking crap about my guild (as you have done so twice already)?

There is NOTHING fun about farming BG! At least in GD you don't get disconnected if someone actually wants to fight and you don't get denied access by bots.

I find it interesting that you consider bg so much fun when you pay people to do it for you.

#53 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:47 AM

I can understand lack of farming on this server given how f**ked it is anyways. You know 60% of the mvp cards on this server were generated and then ebay'd off? This may as be a low rate pserver at this point.

But to eliminate one aspect of the game that has and always been a huge part of the woe scene is retarded. And let's be honest, it wouldn't stop your guild from woeing in another guild so you don't have to hunt those easily made accessible supplies anyways. Although it'd be a good way to make money seeing how you pay people to farm bg's on your accounts for you.

#54 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:48 AM

Are you arguing with yourself? You keep bringing that farming is boring and i'm not disputing that. Like I said before pvp can be turned into pvp at any point with little effort. My point is people should be able to earn woe/pvp supplies in bg, not everyone enjoys mindless gd farming/potting.

Whats being eliminated? There would just be another way to get supplies that are worse, but still decent then potted supplies.

Edited by TheSputnik, 28 September 2014 - 07:49 AM.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

come to luina, I'll show you mindless and boring farming in the same GD as me.

#56 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:00 AM

Nah, I already know its mindless and boring. That's why I'm try to get the problem fixed, so the game becomes more interesting.

#57 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:04 AM

> refuses to fight other guilds in gd because they are other guilds

> says gd is boring

I'm not entirely sure that Kenny the tiger is the only part of your post with developmental issues.

Edited by Xellie, 28 September 2014 - 08:05 AM.

#58 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

Could we get a npc to sell mvp cards at 5z a piece? Hunting mvp's is too boring and ebaying requires mindless hours at a real life job to be able to afford them.

It would totally make the game more interesting.

#59 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:11 AM

Idea was pitched and the responses turn to personal attacks and irreverent sarcastic remarks that have no meaning. No wonder population continues to decline along with any form of competition. Members of the community can't even have a logical discussion about things to help the server with out it turning into a personal vendetta or irreverent sarcastic remarks. 

#60 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:12 AM

We can setup fight, if your interesting. Perhaps during woe today, unless you have better things to do like breaking empty forts.

If you have issues with how bg ran / executed talk to the gms? I only have issues with the rewards.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:28 AM

set up? Are there supposed to be rules? I have better things to do during WoE, yes.

My plans > your entertainment.

Remember that comment you made about my guild @ BG? Straight back atchu re: WoE.

You're getting the treatment you demanded the server give 2ez back in the day. A taste of your own medicine?

You attempt to farm, I attempt to kill you. GD becomes a lot more interesting - I have never ever seen you in GD in a manner in which we could engage.

Try it.

Edited by Xellie, 28 September 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#62 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:38 AM

What does this have to do with changing a bg white pot from 5 to 2 weight?

Edited by TheSputnik, 28 September 2014 - 08:39 AM.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:41 AM

What does this have to do with changing a bg white pot from 5 to 2 weight?

undermining the entire alchemist potting system in favour of a non-competitive mostly botted farm fest and devaluing some of the very little pvm that players actually take part in.

#64 TheSputnik

TheSputnik

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 121 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:47 AM

Nothing is under minded. Ranked pots are still better then battleground pots.  A guild with ranked pots will most likely do better in woe, so the potting system will still be used.  You have no argument.

#65 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:48 AM

It wouldn't undermine the potting system, it wouldn't be nearly as effective as a ranked slim. Hunting GSB is non competitive and other supplies just botted (gsb's have been botted before). As far as making players take part in PVM, I have a limited amount of time for RO... I would rather log on to do something fun in PVM instead of hunting GSB. 

The biggest thing being over looked is: A modification to BG Rewards (white pots) would not be a replacement to ranked slims in any way. It would only be a less effective alternative. That's why I'm so confused on why this is even being questioned. 

#66 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:50 AM

Can we get Lighthalzen on the juno kafra warp list but make it cost 1800z or something? So airship is not undermined, but so I can actually do stuff on this game other than to sit on the airship for 30 minutes.

#67 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 28 September 2014 - 08:51 AM

They already are the equiv of a non-ranked slim pre-slim buff? You and I both know that with the insane amount of auto-classic-nodelay-pot around that the few extra hp added by a ranked slim won't really matter compared to a non ranked one if people can carry infinite amounts and spam them at a ridiculous speed.

comedy option mastela?

Edited by Xellie, 28 September 2014 - 08:51 AM.

#68 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 September 2014 - 05:47 PM

Unless you don't have a ranked potter, I don't really get the point.

It will cause people to bot BGs. Look at the whole mastela situation. They used to be WAY cheaper and weigh less than a slim (granted they had a similar healing effect)

Heim ended up changing the weight on slims and upping the price on mastelas.

If this is the case, I have a 99/70 biochem with no used stat points that I can move to another account just for you if you want, Sputnik.

#69 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 29 September 2014 - 11:31 AM

Not sure if this has been noted yet but Stings are currently not giving spotlighted exp. With VIP and no 3xBM a sting gives me 9180 base exp. Taking into account that stings give 4080 base exp w/o any mods and factoring in the server's innate 1.5x exp modifier along with the 1.5x exp VIP boost, it's painfully obvious that the 2x bonus spotlight exp is missing. Please fix.

To cover all my bases: Double check the drop/spawn rates as well please, just in case. Thanks.

#70 Ryokosha

Ryokosha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • Server:iRO Classic

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:08 AM

Not sure if this has been noted yet but Stings are currently not giving spotlighted exp. With VIP and no 3xBM a sting gives me 9180 base exp. Taking into account that stings give 4080 base exp w/o any mods and factoring in the server's innate 1.5x exp modifier along with the 1.5x exp VIP boost, it's painfully obvious that the 2x bonus spotlight exp is missing. Please fix.

To cover all my bases: Double check the drop/spawn rates as well please, just in case. Thanks.

I may be wrong because I'm still low level and just killed some Hydras and Megalodons in Comodo so far (before the spotlight location changed of course), but I get the feeling that that the spotlight exp never works on classic.

#71 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 September 2014 - 01:19 AM

I feel the same about Raydrics. Their EXP is just... underwhelming atm. Not that I've calculated it but it doesn't seem right.

Maybe they stopped eating Tacos. Their substandard adherence to the typical hearty diet of 3 nutrition-packed Tacos a day has led to weakness and a drop in EXP per kill.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 30 September 2014 - 04:35 AM.

#72 NujabesxRicky

NujabesxRicky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 04:28 AM

someone please tell me why am i being punished for something i had no knowledge of?"As we have previously stated, your account received zeny that was obtained through selling illegal third party program. It is unfortunate but your account will have to stay suspended permanently. Thank you for understanding." Has this happen to anyone else?Is there a message you get when zeny is bad?Because i didnt get one they act like im the one committing the crime but i recived something bad i didnt know

#73 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 September 2014 - 06:43 AM

*munches popcorn*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users