[Renewal] Current State of WoE TE - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

[Renewal] Current State of WoE TE

• Please log in to reply
100 replies to this topic

#76 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

A TKM can be easly outpotted and doesnt work efficiantly.
Point is, that its simply spoiling the Game and having 3 Econ forts with only this few Guilds/Competition is juist that you care abt Loots and not the fight.
WoE TE shoulnt be ment ti pay your WoE 1.0 n 2.0 expences. Its for GvGing n having fun.
CP juist makes the whole WoE TE dull.

I didnt alsk for it to be remooved, simply it not being able to be casted 5x5 cells from any Portal.

There are skills like Stealth, Backslide etc disabled. Theres no harm in disabling CP for TE WoE since its clairly being abused.

If its disabled for everyone, your thinking and saying its only at ur disadvantagr huh?
Would be same for us, as for example in Smokies Castle.
As u sayed defending without CP works juist as fine as with.

I agree.

With magic + quags + long ass renewal cast times defending will still be a massive advantage without CP. With CP it's nearly impossible to break a pre cast assuming both sides are relatively even numbers.

#77 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 28 October 2014 - 01:59 AM

I would like to have a new classic server with no trans classes.

Classic had a big start, but I think most people left due to mistakes made by management/the arrival of trans.

I'm always willing to start fresh.

#78 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 04:50 AM

How many people did you actually have on? You had 40+ people sign up.
I would beg to differ since people in your guild are complaining about CP.

Our numbers were good but it was the fact 2 guilds hide behind 4cp teams, nice to see a guild not give up and try tho :)

#79 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 31 October 2014 - 11:56 AM

Theres no difference, if one or the other team uses CP, it juist as metioned makes a huge advantage to the defending Guild making it impossible to penetrate depending on the Emp Room's Space.

I still would like to see a CP not being able to be casted 10x10 cells from the Portal away (Basically Not on the Portal!!)

In WoE TE CP breaks the purpose. Multiple CP Layers juist makes things worse ^_^

Since you only need a 30 Econ on Luina 1 or Gloria 1 to be able to make a God Item i dont think disabling or nerfing CP for this cind of WoE would harm smaller Guilds in any way.

Aswell i would like to alsk again for a WoE TE with later time starting so more pepole might join the WoE due to its time pushed +1-2 hrs ahead. And as the title sayes a 2 hrs WoE would be cool

#80 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 31 October 2014 - 01:00 PM

Theres no difference, if one or the other team uses CP, it juist as metioned makes a huge advantage to the defending Guild making it impossible to penetrate depending on the Emp Room's Space.

I still would like to see a CP not being able to be casted 10x10 cells from the Portal away (Basically Not on the Portal!!)

In WoE TE CP breaks the purpose. Multiple CP Layers juist makes things worse ^_^

Since you only need a 30 Econ on Luina 1 or Gloria 1 to be able to make a God Item i dont think disabling or nerfing CP for this cind of WoE would harm smaller Guilds in any way.

Aswell i would like to alsk again for a WoE TE with later time starting so more pepole might join the WoE due to its time pushed +1-2 hrs ahead. And as the title sayes a 2 hrs WoE would be cool

Agreed, GMs initially said that WoE TE times would change every few months, and its been 3-4 months already. 

#81 Pred

Pred

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 200 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:36 PM

Multiple times this WoE we took the CP down, but were still unable to get any casts off because of the fixed cast times on skills making it impossible with all the damage being thrown down.  This WoE didn't change anything, CP isn't what's broken.  Pre-renewal skills were designed with pre-renewal mechanics.  TE's problem is that fixed cast times were tacked onto pre-renewal skills to work with renewal mechanics.  Which makes sense with renewal skills, and renewal gear that can reduce said fixed cast times.

Disabling CP will change nothing, portal defenses will still be near extremely difficult to break as long as skills have fixed cast times on them.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 09 November 2014 - 01:47 PM.
Removed in previous post

#82 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:37 PM

A TKM can be easly outpotted and doesnt work efficiantly.
Point is, that its simply spoiling the Game and having 3 Econ forts with only this few Guilds/Competition is juist that you care abt Loots and not the fight.
WoE TE shoulnt be ment ti pay your WoE 1.0 n 2.0 expences. Its for GvGing n having fun.
CP juist makes the whole WoE TE dull.

I didnt alsk for it to be remooved, simply it not being able to be casted 5x5 cells from any Portal.

There are skills like Stealth, Backslide etc disabled. Theres no harm in disabling CP for TE WoE since its clairly being abused.

If its disabled for everyone, your thinking and saying its only at ur disadvantagr huh?
Would be same for us, as for example in Smokies Castle.
As u sayed defending without CP works juist as fine as with.

^ this.

And i completely agree with

"disable CP arround 5x5 Cells from every Portal to be Casted or the skill itself"

but since i think would be difficult to implement the 5x5 cells from every portal thing, just disable it. Would be a lot more fun.

#83 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 02:48 PM

^ this.

And i completely agree with

"disable CP arround 5x5 Cells from every Portal to be Casted or the skill itself"

but since i think would be difficult to implement the 5x5 cells from every portal thing, just disable it. Would be a lot more fun.

And how would pluck be used if this were done?

#84 Azerk

Azerk

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos, ex-Valkyrie

Posted 11 November 2014 - 06:01 AM

If only they design WoE TE to be centered on WoE 2 castle. When will they learn.

#85 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:41 AM

Are you people SERIOUSLY complaining about Classical Pluck?

Yes the skill is OP, but theres lot of ways to counter it.

Honestly if you kill one performer then your fine.

Also, you don't even need to kill a performer to counter CP.

I'd recommend getting someone equiped with a weapon that has Elemental Effects on it (Stun or Freeze highly recommended) and attack one of the performer.

If the performer is stunned or frozen, then they'd be cancel.

yes the precast may be strong BUT, if you all buff outside with KE/Kaupe/Kaite and zerg in, then you'd be fine.

and yes, Ive seen WoE Te's population. It's big enough to counter Cp.

>.>

#86 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 16 November 2014 - 09:12 AM

Are you people SERIOUSLY complaining about Classical Pluck?

Every forum member's objective in renewal has always been to weaken the overpowered dancer class in order to properly balance the game. There are probably 10x more gypsies in WoE TE than there are wanderers in WoE 2.0, which means people find them useful or fun to play. Useful dancer classes is simply unacceptable for a renewal server.

If there are still a few playing after we disable Classical Pluck, we'll probably need to do something about Dazzler, too. I'm thinking, make the delay irreducible in strings? If there are still gypsies around after that re-balancing, we might need to take it one step further and give Dazzler a fixed cast time so that it can be interrupted / spell-broken.

#87 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:19 PM

Dazzler is not the issue here.

The Layers over layers of CP makes WoE TE pretty boring to play against. Especially when its precasted by 3 (4) Guilds vs 2 Guilds attaking

I wonder why other servers dont have CP over CP as defence... well maby you can show me one ^.^

#88 Leodls

Leodls

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 04:02 PM

How about we all fight at pre emp and no one recalls at emp room.

Winner takes the castle.

I dunno. Just a suggestion.

#89 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:13 PM

QQ?

Edited by Riemn, 17 November 2014 - 02:18 PM.

#90 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:39 PM

Dazzler is not the issue here.

The Layers over layers of CP makes WoE TE pretty boring to play against. Especially when its precasted by 3 (4) Guilds vs 2 Guilds attaking

I wonder why other servers dont have CP over CP as defence... well maby you can show me one ^.^

This one has it. The CP icon is the 4th skill down on the right side of the skills listed. I'm not sure what they are calling it tho.

http://ro.gnjoy.com/...&jobgamecode=20

Edited by Anshin, 17 November 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#91 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:57 PM

Did you understand what i was applying 2?

I was saying show me a other servers WoE Vid of WoE TE where they defend with 3-4 CP Layers -_-

QQ?

To that, id like to state that ive not changed my mind about CP since ages, regardless of wich sides are holding or defending

http://forums.warppo...e/#entry1903776

With having CP in WoE TE, it spoils the Game and its fun. It makes the defending Guild not only have the advantage of defending but way more.... than necessary.

Instead making a castle/woe not interesting anymore. 

Edited by Schitter, 17 November 2014 - 03:04 PM.

#92 Cahal

Cahal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:01 PM

CP has been part of the game, deal with it. You have seen us loose our castle even with CP, meaning its not as much of a big deal you are making it. You guys used CP on your defense too i don't see anybody complain when you guys use it.

#93 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:02 PM

Funny part about those videos, people cut out where they die. Some vids you will see when they are running in and there is a ME at the portal. So there is a good chance there was CP there. Its not like ME was being walked in to survive a precast if its still on the portal.

Edited by Anshin, 17 November 2014 - 03:02 PM.

#94 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:07 PM

CP has been part of the game, deal with it. You have seen us loose our castle even with CP, meaning its not as much of a big deal you are making it. You guys used CP on your defense too i don't see anybody complain when you guys use it.

Ive not been using on my guild CP, and there are other skills, gears, cards in WoE TE wich got disabled to balance WoE TE out. So theres enough reason for whatever sides to disable it aswell.

#95 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:20 PM

People use 4 CP nowadays? that sounds... desperate, and boring.

#96 dawnte

dawnte

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1980 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:24 PM

How about we all fight at pre emp and no one recalls at emp room.

Winner takes the castle.

I dunno. Just a suggestion.

:p_devil:  :p_devil:  :p_devil:

#97 Cahal

Cahal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:27 PM

what about this? pretty sure that's CP. Granted its your ally using it, looks like you're not against benefiting from it?

I like how colorful your woe's are.

http://www.youtube.c...myxXp4_B9w#t=21

Edited by Cahal, 17 November 2014 - 03:29 PM.

#98 Riemn

Riemn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:34 PM

Rainbow...

Edited by Riemn, 17 November 2014 - 04:12 PM.

#99 Schitter

Schitter

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1071 posts
  • LocationSwitzerland

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

what about this? pretty sure that's CP. Granted its your ally using it, looks like you're not against benefiting from it?

I like how colorful your woe's are.

http://www.youtube.c...myxXp4_B9w#t=21

I have seen that video, yes i dont see where i used CP in Redemption -_-

Thanks for the headsup tho, i wont tell smokies what they are allowed todo or not, thats not my Guild and its not forbidden to use CP in WoE wich is the problem of this cause.

Id like to remind you again that i have been against this CP before i was allied to smokies. So please do not come with alliance - alliance talk where sides matter.

Disababling CP will take actions for/against both sides and the outcome equal for both.

And yes... please show me some WoE TE from other servers wich (ab)use CP as ours is doing... maby you can go teach this Guild how to use CP: 

#100 Cahal

Cahal

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 03:42 PM

I did say granted its your ally using it. But if you really are strongly against it, why still roll with them while they are using something you strongly dislike? or perhaps the real issue is you really dislike it when you cant break through them and its fine when its working for your advantage.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users