Freyja Server - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Freyja Server

• Please log in to reply
190 replies to this topic

#51 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:54 PM

If its the same -_-ty AOV....whats the point on the new server... i just dont understand why....

#52 Fluidz

Fluidz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 569 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain

Posted 16 October 2014 - 04:58 PM

a server for wizards and rangers to pick the right class

ITS A SECOND CHANCE

#53 Jolliz

Jolliz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:05 PM

a server for wizards and rangers to pick the right class
ITS A SECOND CHANCE

No FLUIDS! You are 4ever leafman!

#54 aigu11

aigu11

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:25 PM

Are you sure it's gonna fair game? SEA also open new server but it's not really fair even it's before AoV....

It's not just cross-server mail bug I mentioned, the future things can also ruin things if devs even don't know the roots of bugs. Say there is a screenshot event with phantom stone reward, say what? All you can do is SS with your Odin char and claim it with your Freyja char. that's if you can set your IGN to trick the GM/asiasoft during SEA age...

I even don't know the programming but I know the script/mechanics that causing it...

Stop generalizing us SEA players! even im a SEA player i dont even know what your talking about or even heard of those bugs you are mentioning. Of course you would know because you have done them havent you?

#55 7960130505150019417

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 October 2014 - 05:42 PM

how about fixing the lag and bugs in odin first instead of making a 2nd terribad server rofl...

#56 Vau

Vau

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location.
  • Server:.

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:06 PM

Opening a new server is the most stupid decision i could expect from Gravity. Like all the gamers around MMO's know Ragnarok 2 reputation. Nobody is going to play but the same Odin community, at the end Gravity will split Odin's population, go to Freyja, destroy Freyja with bots, high kp rates and monopolization and gg, another merge will happen.

This is really really sad, we'll loose probably alot of the Odin community just to "try-hard" or "chill" on a new server and then realize it was a waste. With a new server around the corner Odin server won't get any major fixes and here we go again, the story repeats.

#57 kamoteee

kamoteee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationIn Your Heart <3
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:43 PM

Opening a new server is the most stupid decision i could expect from Gravity. Like all the gamers around MMO's know Ragnarok 2 reputation. Nobody is going to play but the same Odin community, at the end Gravity will split Odin's population, go to Freyja, destroy Freyja with bots, high kp rates and monopolization and gg, another merge will happen.

This is really really sad, we'll loose probably alot of the Odin community just to "try-hard" or "chill" on a new server and then realize it was a waste. With a new server around the corner Odin server won't get any major fixes and here we go again, the story repeats.

Totally agree with this. They should fix all the bugs and any other flaws in Odin first before establishing another server. Please GMs. Hear us out!

DON'T DO IT! 

:p_omg: 

(this isn't the right time.)

:sob:  :sob:  :sob: 

#58 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 16 October 2014 - 06:49 PM

i repeat... MAKE IT AN OPEN TEST SERVER PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

We just got the population up again on odin... there is REALLY no reason for this unless there is a specific difference between the servers like stated above!! 

So far the mesh of new players has been amazing.... LETS NOT RUIN IT AND SEPARATE PEOPLE!!! 

#59 rerp

rerp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Server:Freyja 9

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:11 PM

So much rage and hate for Freyja, lol. I was actually looking forward to it.

But I like the idea that it could be pre-AoV. Never had a chance to try that out myself.

#60 lightgray

lightgray

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

Freyja Pre-AoV Dream Server please grant our wishes and make it happen!

:p_sleep:  :p_sleep:  :p_sleep: 

#61 LeviRD

LeviRD

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 504 posts
  • LocationGreat Britain
  • Server:Odin. IGN: DeadOnArrival

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:46 PM

My body is ready.

#62 samaura

samaura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Server:Albion Online- Caerleon

Posted 16 October 2014 - 07:49 PM

... And there's still no test server.

Not impressed.

There is a test server. The GMs/CMs, VCRs, and VEPs have access to it.

#63 JemRei

JemRei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:04 PM

If there's a new server, I hope that there would also be boosts on EXP and money/item drop rate.  :pif: 

#64 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:16 PM

Actually no.

While I think PVP is oh kay, their needs to be restrictions.

I've played Requiem (been a while now) where PvP is/was pretty open and it was horrible. High leveled players would stalk out quest sites and hunt other players much lower level then them. Their were even other high level players essentially guarding those quest spots so PKers wouldn't interrupt the game play of others.

I myself had to Sleep (the actual skill of putting other players to sleep) to get through some dungeons and safe zone an area for my party. I seriously did that a lot. Putting a PKer to sleep gave my party enough time (like 15 - 40 seconds) to get through an area and get away so we all could get through the damn dungeon.

Also...

I've noticed lately a HUGE spike in people wanting to PVP. Again, I don't mind that, but some players will ask you to battle like 5 or 6 times in a row (while you reject every time). It's to the point of harassment. That is not acceptable. I've personally had to put people on block AND switch channels to get away from it.

Unfiltered PKing leads to trolling. That will kill the game.

You can say that again, I've lived the same situation you describe for Requiem in other MMOs (got the point of making me hate the entire genre). And I think some players are overrating the value of pvp, to the point of being complete jerks.

While chatting in-game, i started whispering a guy who was asking for zenny to level up his blacksmith level (I'm just guessing he wanted to buy anvils/mats), so after a quick chat, and after he made very clear he was too lazy to just gather rocks for a couple hours; i offered him to let him loot from my kills in Dayr.

I'm a sin, a single-dps oriented one, so I deal better with golems than with condors. But as you may know, golems are practically next to mukas, it's a long and painful walk, and unnecessary if it was just to gather some loot. So I equipped my Sinister claw and started fighting a group of condors. As expected, i had a hard time and the guy said "brb".

While i was waiting at the camp, a random player gets close and starts annoying me to Duel him. after i rejected and explained i don't like pvp, he just laughed and said "I knew you were weak, i won't bother looting from you" and left.

I won't deny i honestly thought I should tell him to **** off,  because he made me waste my time trying to help just to end up being a jerk.

So yeah, any pk server is bound to be hated, ruined, and an overall bad experience. The best thing this game did in regards to pvp is allowing to reject duels, so that pvp is entirely optional.

#65 4458130508113924833

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:23 PM

You can say that again, I've lived the same situation you describe for Requiem in other MMOs (got the point of making me hate the entire genre). And I think some players are overrating the value of pvp, to the point of being complete jerks.

While chatting in-game, i started whispering a guy who was asking for zenny to level up his blacksmith level (I'm just guessing he wanted to buy anvils/mats), so after a quick chat, and after he made very clear he was too lazy to just gather rocks for a couple hours; i offered him to let him loot from my kills in Dayr.

I'm a sin, a single-dps oriented one, so I deal better with golems than with condors. But as you may know, golems are practically next to mukas, it's a long and painful walk, and unnecessary if it was just to gather some loot. So I equipped my Sinister claw and started fighting a group of condors. As expected, i had a hard time and the guy said "brb".

While i was waiting at the camp, a random player gets close and starts annoying me to Duel him. after i rejected and explained i don't like pvp, he just laughed and said "I knew you were weak, i won't bother looting from you" and left.

I won't deny i honestly thought I should tell him to **** off,  because he made me waste my time trying to help just to end up being a jerk.

So yeah, any pk server is bound to be hated, ruined, and an overall bad experience. The best thing this game did in regards to pvp is allowing to reject duels, so that pvp is entirely optional.

I wouldn't have a problem with PVP if classes were balanced and gear was more or less consistent. But someone calling anyone "weak" for not being autistic enough to farm (or worse, dumb enough to actually buy with money) enough stones and powders to refine every piece of gear to +20, or lucking out with a RNG and getting a +20% Power or +10% Armor is kind of pathetic.

Anyway on topic, let's start our bets for how much until servers merge.

#66 FernandoPoe

FernandoPoe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 08:30 PM

Are you sure it's gonna fair game? SEA also open new server but it's not really fair even it's before AoV....

It's not just cross-server mail bug I mentioned, the future things can also ruin things if devs even don't know the roots of bugs. Say there is a screenshot event with phantom stone reward, say what? All you can do is SS with your Odin char and claim it with your Freyja char. that's if you can set your IGN to trick the GM/asiasoft during SEA age...

I even don't know the programming but I know the script/mechanics that causing it...

What are you talking about? Dude, do you know the meaning of start from scratch?  and if your'e gonna  compare SEA admin and IRO admin? everyone here knows the answer to this. Dont ya think that trick you provided above will slip through the the GM's here? think first before you start commenting.

lemme give you an example:

your'e a rich guy with a big house which is in the middle of the slums wherein the criminal rate in is high. so, as your defense mechanism you will hire people who will secure you and your family. of  course there will be attempts but theres a low possiblity that you would get robbed or whatever. if you are gonna apply that on this game the basic logic is very much THE SAME. you get my point now?

In terms of fairness, of course it would be fair. if you dont want to play in a new server then dont play. even a guy without programming background knows what will be the outcome :D.LOL. 

Edited by FernandoPoe, 16 October 2014 - 08:38 PM.

#67 Qatol

Qatol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:01 PM

Waiting for pt mates so can finish dungeons again.. Great Times.. 

Theory crafting so can beat dungeons.. 

#68 FishDeity

FishDeity

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:37 PM

This would be a perfect time for them to make a pre AoV Ro2 server(because no one really likes post AoV)

LOTS pls ;o;. But yea ill play til ml1 muhahhah.

no AoV pls. Halt max level at 50, and focus on gear progression and raids??? DDD: dream server pls T_T

#69 kramyaj

kramyaj

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:39 PM

Well despite all the negatives i read in this thread.. I'm still looking forward to this new server..

This will be a great ride when all players will be equals and raising to the top..

So let's set aside those negative thinking and look ahead with a positive mindset...

Let's give Ro2 a chance to prove that they can handle whatever blocks the new server to be a good community..

I will be seeing you guys in the new server..

Not giving my chosen IGN yet.. Someone might snatch it from me.. :P

#70 FluffyMiyu

FluffyMiyu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 383 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Nom nom nom

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:42 PM

> Made jump character event.

> Open new server couple of months later.

> Retarded

Hmm...

#71 JemRei

JemRei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:46 PM

Well despite all the negatives i read in this thread.. I'm still looking forward to this new server..

This will be a great ride when all players will be equals and raising to the top..

So let's set aside those negative thinking and look ahead with a positive mindset...

Let's give Ro2 a chance to prove that they can handle whatever blocks the new server to be a good community..

I will be seeing you guys in the new server..

Not giving my chosen IGN yet.. Someone might snatch it from me.. :P

That's a nice tip. I almost posted my chosen IGN  :p_laugh:

You probably had a phobia after the name change hahaha!

Well, I'll be riding with your positive mindset..

Then let's see who will be the fastest players to be on top  :p_hi:

:no1:

#72 Qatol

Qatol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:51 PM

Every game is destroyed by this mentality, "A game is not fun if I'm not on top!" or you lose in duel then say "Game sucks. XX OP". "Game P2W"... 

Why can't everybody just enjoy playing without comparing themselves to others. 

Jealousy is indeed a very scary thing..

#73 kamoteee

kamoteee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts
  • LocationIn Your Heart <3
  • Server:Odin / Freyja

Posted 16 October 2014 - 09:56 PM

Every game is destroyed by this mentality, "A game is not fun if I'm not on top!" or you lose in duel then say "Game sucks. XX OP". "Game P2W"... 

Why can't everybody just enjoy playing without comparing themselves to others. 

Jealousy is indeed a very scary thing..

Well, gamers can be a jealous bunch, like some people say. :pif:  Hahaha   :heh:

#74 FieNds

FieNds

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

question,

any IP/Region block for this new server?

#75 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 16 October 2014 - 10:12 PM

There is a test server. The GMs/CMs, VCRs, and VEPs have access to it.

So the community that is going to be forced to deal with new updates aren't allowed to have any input before it goes live? Doesn't sound like a proper test server to me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users