[Classic] Equipment availability and competitiveness - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 1 votes

[Classic] Equipment availability and competitiveness

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#26 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:01 PM

get zeny and buy them, same as everything else

Only 3/13 classes need slotted mids to "compete", they are nice on 6-7/13 classes though. 8/13 classes are very inexpensive to gear and play effectively in woe, I suggest playing one of those if you're new (spp bio, pally, gypsy, minstrel, high priest, soul linker, lord knight, sniper).

With that being said, I wouldn't mind more slotted mids, doesn't bother me.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 01 November 2014 - 05:06 PM.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:09 PM

entry level gear

only 1 or 2 on market at a time if any

150 mil

nope

#28 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 01 November 2014 - 05:48 PM

Maybe they could revamp this quest? http://forums.warppo...ds-quest-guide/

I wonder how many actually do/did it considering not all of the items are constantly on the market and you'd have to go farm + upgrade them for a 33% chance.

OPB would be nice for slotting coupons.

#29 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 November 2014 - 06:02 PM

I've done the quest a couple of times. It's really not worth the effort right now however. It could definitely use an overhaul, possibly removing the requirement to be VIP to start the quest. There's also the fact that hardly anyone probably knows about it at this point.

I do kind of like the idea of account bound mids being much more common and was hoping the challenge mode dungeon would award the coupons at a reasonable rate. However when I was there the MVP seemed to be a 12 hour spawn and the 5-6 times I killed him didnt really award anything.

#30 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 08:12 AM

get zeny and buy them, same as everything else

Only 3/13 classes need slotted mids to "compete", they are nice on 6-7/13 classes though. 8/13 classes are very inexpensive to gear and play effectively in woe, I suggest playing one of those if you're new (spp bio, pally, gypsy, minstrel, high priest, soul linker, lord knight, sniper).

With that being said, I wouldn't mind more slotted mids, doesn't bother me.

Been trying to buy my +9 Evil Marching Hat for ages. Last one was traded for a GR card(probably duped),

While I agree normally about this, GR cards on this server has turned into a currency from all the duping or sql'ing. I would love to spend my zeny on the items I need, but everything high-end is usually RMT'd off over actual zeny.

I've got the zeny, but I'm unable to spend it. This has been the boat I've been in for the last 4 months and I'm just tired of it. There is 4-5 hats total, and the people who weren't around for the hats are unable to obtain them unless paying some ridiculous sum of money(it took me 2 solid months to locate someone selling a Virgo Diadem).

#31 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts

Posted 02 November 2014 - 05:51 PM

good point

It would make sense to cycle through the top tier items that came from boxes at one point in the past so people can have a chance at getting them again. Not just based off happening to be around when they came out.

Edited by iamvrypwrful, 02 November 2014 - 05:52 PM.

#32 Akreis

Akreis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1232 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Server:Chaos/Loki/Thor

Posted 02 November 2014 - 06:20 PM

There's Yellow Ribbons on Classic? Whaaatt?! *Comes back to Classic*

For reals though, I considered coming back to Classic to at least WoE and ET, while still playing Renewal :T not sure yet though

#33 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2014 - 10:23 PM

good point

It would make sense to cycle through the top tier items that came from boxes at one point in the past so people can have a chance at getting them again. Not just based off happening to be around when they came out.

Absolutely this.

I've been waiting for what 18 months now? For them to add Benevolent Guardian again, the other two hats that were added during the Anniversary have had second or third reintroductions but not that one.

#34 AllyBB

AllyBB

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 04:53 PM

In the very least, for the slotted mid quest they should make the items you need not really -_- annoying to get. Just change it to like chain mail, boots, and stiletto. No VIP requirement either.

#35 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 05 November 2014 - 08:20 AM

they should just make it so you spend 1k kp during the quest why bother with upgrading Crap gear. I would so buy it then, but you know these idiots don't like making money here.

Ps. Leave the slotted mid account bound

#36 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 06 November 2014 - 03:53 AM

good point

Will ask something about this on tiki maybe, unless GMs pay attention to these threads too xD +1

#37 Misos

Misos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 11:47 AM

When you released sl mids they become meta-gear, every single competitive player must have at least one sl mid. Put them back and DO NOT remove them again. If you don't know anything about competitive scene of RO, just ask to your players.

#38 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 December 2014 - 12:13 PM

up for skull cap

0 user(s) are reading this topic