[Classic] WoE Improvement, Old members rejoining. - Page 6 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

[Classic] WoE Improvement, Old members rejoining.

• Please log in to reply
169 replies to this topic

#126 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 October 2014 - 03:31 PM

Let's bring back players, and bring back competition and fun that WoE / Ragnarok is all about.

• x
  • y
  • z

If you want to bring back players, why won't you listen to the people who no longer play?

The number one thing everyone who quit this game, but would come back to play classic wants is

Give us back the characters and most of the gear that is trapped on the renewal server.

Very simple.  Give us back the near decade we spent on this game that is represented by the gear and characters we have obtained, and we might come back.

We might not all the same, but the baseline demand is a renewal to classic transfer that includes characters and gear.

Come up with any other hairbrained scheme you want, no pucks will be given, and nobody is going to come back because of it.

#127 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 28 October 2014 - 07:44 PM

I personally know way too many people who don't want to start over on Classic. Some form of Renewal character transfer would definitely help.

Edited by Kailash, 28 October 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#128 iamvrypwrful

iamvrypwrful

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1245 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 28 October 2014 - 09:16 PM

If you want to bring back players, why won't you listen to the people who no longer play?

The number one thing everyone who quit this game, but would come back to play classic wants is

Give us back the characters and most of the gear that is trapped on the renewal server.

Very simple.  Give us back the near decade we spent on this game that is represented by the gear and characters we have obtained, and we might come back.

We might not all the same, but the baseline demand is a renewal to classic transfer that includes characters and gear.

Come up with any other hairbrained scheme you want, no pucks will be given, and nobody is going to come back because of it.

Bringing over gear would have a huge impact on the economy. However, the economy is pretty bad anyways so...

ACTUALLY: Let people bring their chars with anything they want and make it all account bound somehow? Not allow mini boss/mvp cards and god items to be transferred of course.

#129 Divine

Divine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 October 2014 - 10:07 PM

Bringing over gear would have a huge impact on the economy. However, the economy is pretty bad anyways so...

ACTUALLY: Let people bring their chars with anything they want and make it all account bound somehow? Not allow mini boss/mvp cards and god items to be transferred of course.

The account bound thing is pretty interesting, but there are so many items on Renewal that would be extremely OP on Classic. Im not sure if I have enough faith in the GMs to prevent the possible transfer of OP gears to Classic though..

#130 Kailash

Kailash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 01:23 AM

Spell enchanted CKs and slotted Variants on Classic lol.

Edited by Kailash, 29 October 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#131 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:25 AM

If you want people to come back, character and gear transfers.

If you want do tell us that it can't happen b/c of the economy or whatever, that is fine.

We just won't come back.

#132 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:50 AM

You wouldn't come back anyway

If people bring over basic woe gear, who cares? Just keep minis/mvps/gods out. I miss my +9 emp breaking scalpel. qq

#133 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 05:51 AM

The economy will have a chance to recover when/if players begin to migrate over. The gear they haul across, if limited as in Ralis' earlier post (no gods/mvps/minis/valks/diabs, refine cap of 7, I'd also personally limit stuff like orleans' gloves, CKs, Twins and bonus-laden heargears like EMH), will be negligible compared to the benefit extra players farming for supplies, MVPing, ETing, whatever will provide.

Also shut up about limiting guild caps and alliances already. THEY CAN'T -_-ING DO IT SO STOP PRETENDING LIKE IT'S AN OPTION.

And no to supplying through BG unless they fix BG to stop it being farmed to hell. An "active" server and zero-effort supplying are mutually incompatible.

#134 broly4

broly4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:03 AM

Guild cap and alliance removal are the most important thing, they MUST be fixed, they need to find out how, some solutions/work around have already been suggested...

Edited by broly4, 29 October 2014 - 06:06 AM.

#135 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:08 AM

Broly, they CAN'T do it.

Please focus your energies on things they can do, that way, real things can happen.

#136 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:10 AM

Guild cap and alliance removal are the most important thing, they MUST be fixed.

Oda has explicitly stated it can't be done. Until we hear otherwise, and I will admit that a few good posts have been made on alternative methods that don't require tampering with hardcoded stuff which may provide our lovely Camp and Co. with a workaround method till kRO do something, you need to stop talking about it.

If they suddenly figure out a way to do it, they'll let us know, and with all the talk about it that's definitely pretty high on their to-do list, but for now try and come up with other solutions.

Xellie -_-ing ninja'd me ._.

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 29 October 2014 - 06:11 AM.

#137 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:11 AM

Also shut up about limiting guild caps and alliances already. THEY CAN'T -_-ING DO IT SO STOP PRETENDING LIKE IT'S AN OPTION.

You are very mature telling people to shut up and trying to swear in cap locks. There is really no reason to be upset at all.

As far as the bg thing, it still requires effort. Tbh, I would only do bgs for blues and go hunt gsb for slim because I dislike doing bg. I understand that this could help open a door to a new market for RO (along with other surgestions). I think having tg instead of Flav, but with flavor reward numbers will be good.

Edited: phone sucks for posting :(

Edited by Gn1ydnu, 29 October 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#138 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

You wouldn't come back anyway

If people bring over basic woe gear, who cares? Just keep minis/mvps/gods out. I miss my +9 emp breaking scalpel. qq

I would.  Of course, if the intent was to get me to come back AND also WoE, then there would be far more things I would expect to be fixed.

Well, If they kept mvps out I wouldn't have my +10 drac pike.  What a shame.

#139 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:13 AM

I have always hated bg for supplies because it isn't compatible with my timezone / the bots beat me in. Maybe it'd be better if we had bg at a higher cap (just more botted alts but w/e). It's also boring and buggy. If you fight you get DCed and get no reward, sup with that?

I still press for those alternative methods so we can play the rest of this huge game / provide people for the pvm base to play with.

Mischelle, that kind of stuff you wouldn't use on classic, everything is easy to get, just play a woe with someone and find out.

B> facepalm emote.

Edited by Xellie, 29 October 2014 - 06:14 AM.

#140 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:15 AM

You are very mature telling people to shut up and trying to swear in cap locks. There is really no reason to be upset at all.

As far as the bg thing, it still requires effort. Tbh, I would only do bgs for blues and go hunt gsb for slim because I dislike doing bg. I understand that this could help open a door to a new market for RO (along with other surgestions). I think having tg instead if Flav, but with flavor reward numbers wily be good.

Way to make this randomly personal. I'm upset because a discussion with good minds and a lot of potential behind it is being stifled, repeatedly proposing a "solution" that is for now impossible to make reality.

It's like having a debate about energy solutions and getting stuck on people just "using less". It's theoretically sound but it's also not gonna happen till a lot of people pull their heads out of the dirt.

#141 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:21 AM

It's theoretically sound but it's also not gonna happen till a lot of people pull their heads out of the dirt.

Or until enough people want it that wp does something. Hopefully it brings some awareness to WP on what players and guild leaders want. The limiting numbers idea has been here since post #1 and regardless if it's possible it is still an amazing idea.

#142 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

Hey ladies, you wanna talk about improving WoE or should we talk about isra's sailor mouth and alex's terrible hair choices in game?

Up to you kids, I can talk about all of the above if that's the direction we wish to take this topic.

#143 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:24 AM

I am talking sbout improving woe. :)

#144 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:36 AM

We've seen your bg ideas and the cap/alliance thing is very unlikely to happen, even if it did, we need other things to happen so.... I think energy would be best spent exploring as many other options as possible? One thing is not going to fix Classic.

#145 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 06:56 AM

Ideally I would like to see a mesh between the old and the new....

1. Lower the weight a little bit and increase the heal amount of BG whites. However, make sure that Ranked Slim Potions still weight 1 less then BG and heal for slightly more. This will give advantages to those willing to pot.

2. Have PVM activities that require party play that can supply a guild via bg rewards. I think Xellie is hinting at putting more thought into this and I would like to know her ideas.

3. Get rid of Flav BG and put TG back with Flav reward number of badges. Flav BG is farm dependent and TG naturally causes pvp. 

4. Keep bombs/edp/ygg seeds out of bg. These items need to require some team effort to make.

5. I would keep BG rewards account bound. Maybe make medals vendable though. This could be "easy zeny" for newer players and there are plenty of people willing to buy medals.

6. Players from "other" servers are use to supplying through BG. If they want to play here then this would at least be a decent way to welcome them. Don't have enough supplies from guild? Do more BG or pot fish.

None of this matters though if guild cap/alliance cap is still high enough to hold 224 players in a single alliance. I honestly don't see too much hope of another extended period of time with decent comp on the server. There will always be guilds and stuff, but most of the old school players (who carry the server in many ways) will be gone once 1 of the 2 major guilds left quits. No comp = no reason to log in.

I suggested all of this over a year ago. As far as I know the GM's don't have the ability to do any of it.

If I was the one in charge and had the power to do so it would be:

1. 3 castles open per realm, all unique castle loot from the 2 disabled castles go to the hardest castle to defend in each realm. Make god item drop rates stuck at 1x rates, not increased by anything (events, gum, etc.).

2. No alliances, obviously. Yeah you can still work with other guilds but disabling alliances would discourage it a lot.

3. Lower guild cap dramatically. Has to be done by lowering extension I think? Base guild has 16, lower extension to 1 per lvl = 26 cap. A guild cap of 26 is much more realistic to obtain on a consistent basis for multiple guilds, WoE would be less about who can get 5+ more people on that given day. I could see a lot of competition created with a guild cap of 26. As of now the barrier to entry WoE on a competitive level is almost impossible for any new or returning guild since they would need about 40 people. (not including severe item disadvantage)

> Currently with a guild cap of 56 the two biggest guilds are always going to naturally absorb most players interested in WoE and make every other guild irrelevant. Has been this way for a vry long time.

> Would also be 2ez to supply a 26 man guild.

• Lower the castle numbers.  We don't need so many due to how many guilds we have currently.  It's pretty much no competition or fun due to this.
  • Take out the ability to have Alliances.
  • Lower the Guild Cap.  Doing this will have more guilds at one given time, more fun!
  • Cheating needs to be looked seriously into, it ruins the game. Bannable offense! Seriously.
  •  

-Keep alliances

-Keep the same number of forts.

-Reduce  max guild size to 30, until woe population is increased.

-Make all woe supplies available from battlegrounds.

List goes on and on by more people as well. These are all different people and multiple guild leaders. There are overlapping themes, of course. If so many people with "influence" over the server share things in common, even well fighting on opposite sides, then there must be a reason why. 

If nothing can be done by GM's to help the GL/regular players posting here, I think they would like to know that from the Staff. If things are possible but they need xyz to do it then that would be appreciated. AKA people just want to know if its worth it to continue to play here or if its worth it to come back to play here. There is a reason the server population is so low... lets fix it.

The truth is, if nothing happens then after one of the last 2 guilds quit (comp) then the server will just turn into farm land. Neither guild will last for long with out competition and at the moment there is no healthy competition on the server. The server will just be free farm for whomever until the server is deleted or merged with renewal. 

It is very simple

Nothing changes: Player population will continue to drop with no target market to obtain new members for Classic. We have already exhuased the old player pop, steam, ect ect

Something drastic changes: *Unknown*. We might lose some people or we might gain a lot of people from other servers. This would depend entirely on what the changes are. 

#146 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:00 AM

If shutting down the discussion you want to have is your aim, you're doing a very good job of it.

#147 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:06 AM

Offering solutions = shutting down the discussion. Got it!

#148 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:12 AM

Offering the same solution they have stated they can't/won't do actually solves nothing. :p_swt:

Some of us want real changes.

#149 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:13 AM

It's funny how the solution everyone wants is something official servers can't deliver...

#150 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts

Posted 29 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

I have always hated bg for supplies because it isn't compatible with my timezone / the bots beat me in. Maybe it'd be better if we had bg at a higher cap (just more botted alts but w/e). It's also boring and buggy. If you fight you get DCed and get no reward, sup with that?

I still press for those alternative methods so we can play the rest of this huge game / provide people for the pvm base to play with.

Mischelle, that kind of stuff you wouldn't use on classic, everything is easy to get, just play a woe with someone and find out.

B> facepalm emote.

WoE is stupid.  I would WoE only to spend time with a group of people I enjoy spending time with, not because the mechanics or combat is enjoyable.  I certainly wouldn't do it to rebuild a character.

That is because I am not interested in a character with gear.  I am interested in my character, with my gear.  For better or worse I spent the better part of a decade playing RO as the game of choice.  My character and my stuff on that character is the manifestation of my time spent.  I want my time back.

Over half of you in this thread still play this game, most of the remainder still troll this game.  You want to come up with all these stupid master plans to get people to come back.

:ani_shy:

Many people will never come back, the betrayals of this game against the playerbase cut too deep.  Those that would share the same demand I have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users