#26 Genesis

Genesis

ROSE Developer

• Community Managers
  • 2066 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:23 PM

We're aware of the visual glitch that affects how weapons are seen to be held by other characters, and will likely have a fix for it tomorrow. It should not have an impact on gameplay.

#27 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 23 October 2014 - 05:41 PM

D'OH! This is gonna be tough for a solo player like me. (ATM) :sob:

#28 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:39 PM

Did a couple of Halls of Oblivion runs. It's definitely harder to get through without a strong team, though the Mummy King didn't even attack, just stood there like an idiot spamming self buffs.

#29 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:50 PM

What it feels like when doing Hall with King boss.

:heh:

Spoiler

#30 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts
  • LocationKuraigana Island
  • Server:Arua/Pegasus

Posted 23 October 2014 - 06:54 PM

Now this patch is interesting and I'm expecting lots of players will complain that "what the hell is going on?!/kings become so strong argh! etc"

say hello to the new patch, your request has been successfully fulfilled

#31 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:13 PM

Neh,I just went and solo'd Sikuku Elite with no buffs in 1/2 Exalted 1/2 Reinf, 

Reinf Head 15

Reinf Chest 15

Exalted Glove 15

Exalted Shoe 10

Raptor BS 15

Epic Weap 15 Dual

Hebarn Tanz7

Took me about 4 minutes, only got me to 50% hp once inbetween Evasive Guard's and when I forgot to accu down. IT hit me harder, but meh, would not be a problem with buffs. Lvl 221. 

#32 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:21 PM

the refine still become a problem , I used 2 x 999 lisent U to get my courage katar to 15 , I was trying without the IM items ( pluto , venu ) the result is still a no +15 , i thought this update were supposed to make the refine is less dependable on IM items .. guess not ....

#33 EltonRaider

EltonRaider

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:31 PM

no skill reset too bad :( i want to remove sword now

#34 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:37 PM

no skill reset too bad :( i want to remove sword now

Man, this update has nothing to do with skills!

#35 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 07:47 PM

Neh,I just went and solo'd Sikuku Elite with no buffs in 1/2 Exalted 1/2 Reinf,
Reinf Head 15
Reinf Chest 15
Exalted Glove 15
Exalted Shoe 10
Raptor BS 15
Epic Weap 15 Dual
Hebarn Tanz7

Took me about 4 minutes, only got me to 50% hp once inbetween Evasive Guard's and when I forgot to accu down. IT hit me harder, but meh, would not be a problem with buffs. Lvl 221.

Do you realize the level different between you and the Sikuku Elite? That is not to mention about your Equipments are mostly +15.

Man, this update has nothing to do with skills!

Yes, it does. Please read about summon stat adoption in the patch note.

Edited by Zurn, 24 October 2014 - 10:24 AM.

#36 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:06 PM

the refine still become a problem , I used 2 x 999 lisent U to get my courage katar to 15 , I was trying without the IM items ( pluto , venu ) the result is still a no +15 , i thought this update were supposed to make the refine is less dependable on IM items .. guess not ....

that was a tragedy experienced lol

compared to what Leonis had done in the past, he used 7k of Lisent U and you only used 2k and still not at +15(provided you haven't used IM refines)..you still need a lot of lisent u to use, enjoy :D

#37 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 09:57 PM

that was a tragedy experienced lol

compared to what Leonis had done in the past, he used 7k of Lisent U and you only used 2k and still not at +15(provided you haven't used IM refines)..you still need a lot of lisent u to use, enjoy :D

OMG 7K of lisent U . too bad im not a super multi bilioner in zulie like most of the players here :( doom day for me ... 

#38 lolmetimbers89

lolmetimbers89

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 10:54 PM

Great patch. Especially premium storage access anywhere.

#39 Charas

Charas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • LocationEurope
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:44 PM

This is complete nonsense, making  bosses harder... mobs harder.... how do you expect newbies to farm? or newcomers to level? Feuer answer is amazingly funny! nearly full+15 max lvl and he is happy that he took out a low lvl boss solo without going lower than 50% hp, now it makes me wonder what will happen if someone with the correct lvl (seeing it orange) goes there with a +6 set and +6 weapon... from the correct lvl... and with normal buffs (not maxed, no gem7...). I do come to wonder what kind of tests you guys were running, who's helping you on your test server and if there feedback is worth anything at all, and what is your vision for the future of the game as it starts to be obvious you couldn't care less about making the game appealling for new players.

All that being said! I'm quite satisfied with those changes in dungeons... as in my point of view those zones should be harder than open world maps... just sad it doesn t drop anything really interesting (yet?)

Players do not need current content to become "harder", players need new content that would then be "challenging" and "hard" compared to what is accessible now. Instead of wasting your time with such balance issues (and making things worse), you should maybe start to work on important things... It's now 5 years since lvl 200 sets are our endgame reference? since Orlo update? I know things can take long... but... 5 years... Dungeons are good... but 3 dungeons only? PVP games... ppl only play CD maybe a bit more diversity would help...

#40 Soda

Soda

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1188 posts
  • Location-Pee-lippines
  • Server:Leo-Tards

Posted 23 October 2014 - 11:57 PM

To get the Ice Dragon, I need to get Cure, Heal, Party Heal, Bonfire and Mana/Salamander flames which is supposed to be for FS clerics. You really need to separate these summons under mana/salamander flames since I have to spend SP on skills which I'm not even going to be using. Even a full support cleric won't benefit from getting the summons. 70 SP to be exact.

#41 Rooster

Rooster

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • Server:both

Posted 24 October 2014 - 02:10 AM

In this patch, the monsters's offensive power are increased dramatically, but what would happen to their defensive powers, which were increased during the last patch? Are they reduced to their original level?

Have to admit, Champ is correct on how I thought it was going to be balanced. I've been testing all week and I think it was Phish who mentioned (in the last patch) changing the defense was not needed for monsters but thought it was best to make monsters more offensive. Now that both offensive and defensive increases have been done, I pretty much need to be in a party to have fun. Playing Solo is not very fun anymore and by slowing down rate of kill per monster, it is going to hurt profits. This community is not prepared for such a change and it feels drastic that both offense and defense were affected. As Champ has mentioned, just remove the defensive increase from the last patch and I think you are going to get a lot more positive feedback and people investing in Rose. I was a fan of making the game harder but honestly I feel I was misinterpreted. I understand the player got increases a while back and now the monsters should too but it's a bit too hard. If you are going to make the monsters harder than bump the experience so I feel it is more worth my while to play or just remove the defensive changes from the last patch. Either would be fine imho.

#42 TaeNiMiku

TaeNiMiku

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 173 posts
  • LocationPeak of Mount Eruca
  • Server:Hebarn

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:03 AM

• Rehabilitated [Knight of Junon Order] Sammodell from thinking he was someone else.

This just cracked me up, hahahaha!

#43 LexLoyalty

LexLoyalty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 461 posts
  • Server:Leonis | IGN: LexUnknown

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:46 AM

after the patch , some classes atack like if they were a diff class. I saw clerics that atack like raiders. Scouts that atack like radiers. Axe champs that skill like dual raiders.

It seems like if you wear a katar , all classes atack like hawkers for you. If you wear an axe all classes atack like soldiers for you. If you are bare handed , everyone uses their hands xd 

Edited by LexLoyalty, 24 October 2014 - 05:05 AM.

#44 100002969028758

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:27 AM

depois do patch, algumas classes atack como se fossem uma classe diff. Vi clérigos que Atack como invasores. Scouts que atack como radiers. Champs Axe essa habilidade como invasores dual.

Parece que se você usar um katar, todas as classes de atack como vendedores ambulantes para você. Se você usa um machado todas as classes atack como soldados para você. Se você é mãos nuas, todo mundo usa suas mãos xd 

also noticed this

and concerned the refinement still have difficulty putting +15

#45 CottonCandies

CottonCandies

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 604 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:28 AM

after the patch , some classes atack like if they were a diff class. I saw clerics that atack like raiders. Scouts that atack like radiers. Axe champs that skill like dual raiders.

It seems like if you wear a katar , all classes atack like hawkers for you. If you wear an axe all classes atack like soldiers for you. If you are bare handed , everyone uses their hands xd 

I experienced this too, in another rose client window, I saw my raider throwing a fast long range attack even though he's equipped with a katar lmao haha but it has no effect in my damage, it must be a bug

#46 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 24 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

Do you realize the level different between you and the Sikuku Elite? That is not to mention about your Equipments are wearing mostly +15.

Sikuku Elite King

2mrbm7l.jpg

41 level difference.

Sikuku has 5k+ mroe ap, 10x more HP [the number on the chart is a base, that is increased by the monsters level and type [essentially (2,622*170)/20 [220k or so]

I know exactly what I'm fighting, but thanks for questioning it, it's not often I get a chance to ram it back down your throat, oh wait, I do that all the time lol.

As for the point I was making, fighting any king within 1/2 your level range should provide a challenge, fighting any king within 1/4 your level range should be hard as hell. And fighting a king +/-10 levels to you, it should wipe the floor with your already dead and limp body. Kings should be changed to "captains" and a new tier should be made that's 10x harder then the current kings. That would make me actually feel like I did something. Even after these increases, I can solo kings. That was disappointing. 

#47 ChampPower

ChampPower

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2070 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:09 AM

Sikuku Elite King
2mrbm7l.jpg

41 level difference.
Sikuku has 5k+ mroe ap, 10x more HP [the number on the chart is a base, that is increased by the monsters level and type [essentially (2,622*170)/20 [220k or so]

I know exactly what I'm fighting, but thanks for questioning it, it's not often I get a chance to ram it back down your throat, oh wait, I do that all the time lol.

As for the point I was making, fighting any king within 1/2 your level range should provide a challenge, fighting any king within 1/4 your level range should be hard as hell. And fighting a king +/-10 levels to you, it should wipe the floor with your already dead and limp body. Kings should be changed to "captains" and a new tier should be made that's 10x harder then the current kings. That would make me actually feel like I did something. Even after these increases, I can solo kings. That was disappointing.

You are lucky the GM restricts my post so I cannot argue with you at the full extensive of my power. 41 levels different are huge level gap. Take your char and fight the kings at Orlo, which are in your level range, fight it solo, as you have mentioned, and see if you can kill it.

If you do not want to do so, use your level 160 character to kill the Elites solo (your self impose conditions). What you did is similar to have a muscle adult fight a black belt 7 years old kid.

Edited by ChampPower, 24 October 2014 - 08:38 AM.

#48 WeatherMan

WeatherMan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:26 AM

first people ask for the mobs to be stronger, now they ask for them to be weaker again...... WTF is wrong with you guys ??? in my opinion this is awesome, since KINGS should not be killed by only 1 person alone.

#49 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 24 October 2014 - 09:36 AM

I'll solo every orlo boss at the same time with my knight, without taking damage. 

#50 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 24 October 2014 - 10:01 AM

jerremy, that's going to get fixed as soon as we finish reassessing the combat mechanics that allows this to be possible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users