11/25 Early Tuesday Maintenance - Page 14 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

11/25 Early Tuesday Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
419 replies to this topic

#326 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

Yup, and the debuff only has a 5 second duration.

Not so great in PvP where many classes have the ability to distance themselves, and very situational in PvM, but in WoE physics where it's way easier to lock people down, Dark Claw is a death sentence.

It also demolishes MVPs.

#327 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:55 AM

It also demolishes MVPs.

It works on MVPs!? O_O

I'm really starting to feel sorry for the bosses in this game. They can barely even put up a fight anymore.

Camping MVPs is less a dangerous and exciting hunt and more a regularly scheduled mugging.

That said, I have a GX at max level on kRO. I should start MVPing with it /fsh

#328 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

It works on MVPs!? O_O

I'm really starting to feel sorry for the bosses in this game. They can barely even put up a fight anymore.

Camping MVPs is less a dangerous and exciting hunt and more a regularly scheduled mugging.

That said, I have a GX at max level on kRO. I should start MVPing with it /fsh

GXs are OPed, now there's a surprise lol. I think all the kRO developers play RO using Sins/GXs as mains, because I swear, since the day that job route was made, they have been well beyond brokenly OPed stat, and the only nerf they have got, is a small hp nerf when renewal first hit. Seriously, due to the damage they can output, and getting the highest FLEE rating in the game, they should have worse HP then a wiz.

However Odin forbid any other job getting a single skill that's OPed(no matter how little OPed it may be), if It's not a sin/GX char skill, it gets nerfed to the ground(pretty damn fast too.

#329 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:39 AM

IIRC, there's a Hypnotist near the Tool Shop in Prontera that allow you to reset your skills as many times as you can until level 99.

Doesn't that require a number of reset stones dependent on what level you are, though? You're right--I'm mixing skill resets and stat resets up. Thanks for the heads-up!

#330 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:42 AM

Doesn't that require a number of reset stones dependent on what level you are, though? You're right--I'm mixing skill resets and stat resets up. Thanks for the heads-up!

Is that for upto lv 99 in general or only non-trans characters?

#331 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

Is that for upto lv 99 in general or only non-trans characters?

Up to level 99 in general.

#332 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Arrow Storm and Warg Bite/Strike; Acid Bomb and Cart Cannon too. Gravity has always played favourites with certain classes over others.

Then direct your attention to the ENTIRE Blacksmith tree, which Gravity appears to despise, and the Dancer arm of the Performer tree.

#333 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

Up to level 99 in general.

Ok cool thanks.

#334 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:46 AM

I think all the kRO developers play RO using Sins/GXs as mains

They used to. But then they made Renewal pre 2011 balance GX and they all became suras.

Just like 99% of the other SinXes did after renewal came out.

Edited by Toxn, 25 November 2014 - 09:47 AM.

#335 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:54 AM

I just noticed that Wanderers are making an appearance as Mid TI monsters this time. I've never done TI with Wanderers before, but if I'm not mistaken, they have the skill Snatch. (You know, the skill where it teleports both itself and the target to a new location on the map.) Doesn't this make tanking almost impossible? I'm imagining Rune Knights and MS Suras being warped all over the place while they try to lead a 10+ monster mob to their party.

#336 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:55 AM

I just noticed that Wanderers are making an appearance as Mid TI monsters this time. I've never done TI with Wanderers before, but if I'm not mistaken, they have the skill Snatch. (You know, the skill where it teleports both itself and the target to a new location on the map.) Doesn't this make tanking almost impossible? I'm imagining Rune Knights and MS Suras being warped all over the place while they try to lead a 10+ monster mob to their party.

Yes. That's what's so great about them <3

#337 Sizzleboom

Sizzleboom

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 500 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

Dearie me. :wah:

Not that I'm that bothered. I didn't have any plans to join TI this week. Yet.

#338 holatuwol

holatuwol

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:57 AM

I think Gravity sees a slight uptick in the number of giant fly wing boxes purchased when wanderers are a TI monster.

#339 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

They also have a nasty habit of snatching stragglers and an heroes in moving parties and getting them ganked :3

#340 Astralslayer

Astralslayer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • LocationFar Far away~~

So...since TI wont help leveling characters lv 150/50...

B>Neuralizer

Time to leave FS AB and become Adoramus AB i guess :p_swt:  :wah:

#341 Pixelakaroxi

Pixelakaroxi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 628 posts
  • LocationPoland / Morroc / Alde
  • Server:Odin

could we have a preview of what would be the most valuable item in the friday's lucky box?

I realise that by knowing what all the items in the boxes are going to be would probably break a couple of market prices BUT that 1 probably most desired item would be good ;)

NO FAW pls, too many around already.... 

#342 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:03 AM

could we have a preview of what would be the most valuable item in the friday's lucky box?

I realise that by knowing what all the items in the boxes are going to be would probably break a couple of market prices BUT that 1 probably most desired item would be good ;)

NO FAW pls, too many around already....

I'd quite like KvMs in bulk.

OR AN IGNIS CAP *pokes Oda in the ribcage*

#343 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:10 AM

They used to. But then they made Renewal pre 2011 balance GX and they all became suras.

Just like 99% of the other SinXes did after renewal came out.

Lol, that's classic(a tiny hit to their MaxHP, and they are jumping ship, I swear the only reason people play SinXs, is because they are so OPed, no loyalty at all. They're still very OPed, that little tap they called a nerf, is way too little, way too late, but I guess people didn't like the fact that it finally got a nerf, and no longer had the 2nd highest HP mod in the game, so they jumped the gun over nothing). Well one can only hope they'll stop giving only sins/GXs the cool content now, as well as knocking sins/GXs down a peg a bit more.

Edited by Zoltor, 25 November 2014 - 10:20 AM.

#344 Anshin

Anshin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

Since I haven't seen anyone mention this...

If you're worried about people leveling "too fast" and such when 160 comes out, and are disabling things like turning in stacked TI counts, medals, most quests/ items that give exp...-

You should probably disable Bloody Branches too.

Agreed. Stacked TI counts, medals and quests exp is a drop in the bucket compared to Bloody Branches.

#345 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:17 AM

Agreed. Stacked TI counts, medals and quests exp is a drop in the bucket compared to Bloody Branches.

Yea BB does scream, I want to be lv 160 this second lol, doesn't it.

#346 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:26 AM

youd still need to kill ALOT of MVPs to get to 160...

#347 frohzn

frohzn

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 876 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:33 AM

Oda increase after the 160 Update the exp from Normal Ti so we can get easier 150

Edited by frohzn, 25 November 2014 - 10:34 AM.

#348 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

youd still need to kill ALOT of MVPs to get to 160...

True, but there're a few jobs that can own most MVPs in a matter of seconds. However with BBs being 6.5m each, It's bound to get expensive, for what, just to rush to 160. I don't find it worth it, unless you generally want to fight "random" MVPs in hopes of getting lucky with the MVP spawn+not caring what card you may get to drop.

#349 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 10:43 AM

Regarding the owning of MVPs (in a manner of speaking), does that Donato guy still play RO?

Edited by AlmrOfAtlas, 25 November 2014 - 10:44 AM.

#350 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 25 November 2014 - 11:50 AM

well it was good when the banwagon sins left and there were just a few left. Now we will see the wagon return. shame

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users