¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#77 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 05 June 2015 - 05:12 PM

Gravity Interactive Net Income -$2 million. If you look at the year to year value of Gravity Interactive it went from -$2 million to -$4 million/

#78 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 June 2015 - 10:31 AM

Gravity Interactive has always been operating in the negative. They never did disclose exactly how much but they vaguely used the term "high".

#79 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 17 August 2015 - 11:09 PM

Looking at the big picture. I think Gravity's business oppurtunity looks bleak. I really don't see any action on Gravity's part to turn around this poor performance. They don't even have anything new on the horizon, and have abandoned all their existing titles. Net income the last 2 years has been -$20 million. This year it looks to be performing similar to the previous 2 years. Last major growth period was from 2008-2011. At their current rate of losses which I imagine will only get worse considering the non-action they are taking, the company will go bankrupt in the next 2.5 years. They will also probably have a major loss when Terms of Service* is released. They have $60 million in assets, losing $20 million a year, and we are halfway through the year.

If you are working for Gravity right now, you might want to start looking through the wanted ads. Parent companies usually cut off unproductive subsidiaries when they need to balance their income statement.

*Name of that one game you all know is coming.

Edited by Cleffy, 17 August 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#80 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:53 PM

We will find out if GungHo will renew the Ragnarok Online license as their current one expires this September. If they do not, the bleeding will get worse. 2016 boys. :>

#81 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 20 August 2015 - 12:16 PM

Sadly, last I checked, their stock just keeps going down.  Maybe they'll take some drastic measures soon to combat the problem, if not, maybe a new company will take over RO.

#82 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 04 October 2015 - 02:21 PM

Looking at the big picture. I think Gravity's business oppurtunity looks bleak. I really don't see any action on Gravity's part to turn around this poor performance. They don't even have anything new on the horizon, and have abandoned all their existing titles. Net income the last 2 years has been -$20 million. This year it looks to be performing similar to the previous 2 years. Last major growth period was from 2008-2011. At their current rate of losses which I imagine will only get worse considering the non-action they are taking, the company will go bankrupt in the next 2.5 years. They will also probably have a major loss when Terms of Service* is released. They have $60 million in assets, losing $20 million a year, and we are halfway through the year.
If you are working for Gravity right now, you might want to start looking through the wanted ads. Parent companies usually cut off unproductive subsidiaries when they need to balance their income statement.

*Name of that one game you all know is coming.

What sucks is that the parent company has a hand in subsidiaries being unproductive.

#83 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:14 PM

Royalty and license fee revenues for the third quarter of 2015 were KRW 2,765 million (US$ 2,424 thousand), representing a 0.4% decrease QoQ from KRW 2,777 million and a 14.2% decrease YoY from KRW 3,221 million. The decrease QoQ was primarily due to decreased revenues from Ragnarok Online II in Thailand and Vietnam. The Company recognized deferred revenues due a termination of license agreements in the second quarter of 2015 in such markets, which did not occur in the third quarter. The decrease YoY resulted mainly from decreased revenues from Ragnarok Online in Japan.

See more at: http://globenewswire...h.PLga0CqJ.dpuf

I'm guessing jRO players are tired of being outdated due to all their customizations?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users