#26 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 December 2014 - 08:53 PM

I already envision people griefing each other when they are afk if this happens or doing something else in a town such as trading or crafting.

its only 1 channel like... ch12

other chanels are safe... why would you afk/craft on a PK chanel lol

#27 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 December 2014 - 11:56 PM

My thoughts exactly...hahahaha!

#28 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:43 AM

Ok, let's say WarpPortal would start with Dayr Desert and Dark Whisper maps first. Enlighten me please how this should work.

Issues:

Do you honestly think there will be parties who grind condors, just to have a cloaked assassin using grimtooth the moment the lurer gets back with 30+ mobs on his toes? - Oh wait, that's almost what happens in the Greedy Mine.

Same poes for DW-lower or DWU-Last Room. How do you think this is going to end? Do you expect that five will there to grind and five others to pretend that they could protect them? - There is no protection against hidden characters!

The result will be that some guilds will guard the map entrances... killing everyone on sight. I've seen how a some players tried to kill the guardians on Pron-WoE by securing rhe narrow passage ahead. But they still got harassed by assassins. Now imagine how this would work on open areas, like Dayr.

What's the pretended 'solution'?

Rebalance:

Of course! That's easy to state! All it takes is a class rebalance. But that's kind of naive, don't you think (like this thread)

Now how should the rebalance look like?

DoTs can be used on the run and from a 20m distance to kill anyone within a few seconds. So nerf them or just "rescale the pre-AoV values"? Rogues & Assassins can easily one-shot tanks. So just nerf CI, but keep Shadow Assault & Grimtooth?

But even if you would half the damage output of all classes to prevent that fight don't last 5sec at best, you would have to adjust all the existing game content as well (boss HPs, pots, mob XP, etc.). That's almost a complete overhaul! So how likely is that?

But even if they could do and - surprisingly - doesn't end up in a catastrophic disaster, you would still have the 'usual' PvP issues. A simple fact is that humans prefer convenience. That's why assassins still visit the WoE maps to kill out of hide - it's a convenient way to boost the ego. Not that they're looking for a intense fight. Fairness simply doesn't matter. The same way, some guilds will monopolize the best spots.... it's simply more convenient. And the rest will do what they always do...

So my question still stands? How many spots beside 2x WoE maps and a Greedy Mine would be "enough"?

Side Note:

To end with some positive thoughts: The only good memories I have about PvP zones was when there wasn't such a guild hate, when you could actually hunt Dusky & co. Not because of the PvP, but because it was interesting to form parties by negotiations and to see the possibilities of 'friendly fire'.

#29 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 03:04 AM

well the main point of that channel is higher drop rate and exp at the cost of having a chance that players will kill you (you get killed - none is lost... well if a mob last hit you then you could lose MP)

anyways i heard Forgotten Payon is a PVP map too... i wonder if WP will remove the PK/PVP feature coz they care alot about their players XD

#30 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 04:52 AM

I'm in favour of having a channel that is "PVP allowed" everywhere. Those who want to go there go, those who don't and prefer a PVE world remain in the existing channels. The only issue I can foresee is, after the novelty is gone and players have been killed by some few - always the sames most often - many times, the map will be abandoned by all and the question of its utility will be argued again. A bit like Jehoon... no one goes there anymore on a regular basis.

#31 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

well, what we previously had in flyff is that there is a killer/hero system. just like what donthackme2 said, you can kill, but it doesn't mean that you won't have to pay for it. if a player with killer status is killed, he will lose certain percentage of currency and there is a chance of dropping gears, be it equipped or carried in bag, plus he will respawn in prison to atone for his transgressions. so there is no happy killing massacre spree going on here. catch is that PK channel will always have better EXP and drop rate on, so people will certainly take advantage of that. this is just to diversify PvP since not everybody enjoys WoE. besides, this is just one channel. as some of you guys already said, you can select which channel to play on, if you don't want PK then stay on PvE channels. people in WoE map don't face repercussions for killing other players, this is not the case on PK channels.

we can also implement a bounty board and post rewards for someone to hunt the dood who just killed you. i had tons of fun in flyff because of PK channel. hunting killers are always fun.

#32 ReMont

ReMont

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 181 posts
  • Server:Myself

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

Obama-not-bad.png

Not bad.

I wouldn't mind having this kind of activity in the game. To be honest, I think having a channel with PK-On would be quite fun and exciting.

Edited by ReMont, 10 December 2014 - 06:15 AM.

#33 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 06:18 AM

That pk-channel as described by you would be a different mode of the game, honestly I don't think devs will think it "fits" with RO2 environment and what they want their game to be. But if ever this idea takes place into the game, I will gladly participate in it.

#34 bigfatjiji

bigfatjiji

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

its only 1 channel like... ch12

other chanels are safe... why would you afk/craft on a PK chanel lol

idk, people dont sit in front of their computers every waking moment of their lives. For instance lets say you have to go to the bathroom, HMM log off or leave character on channel. Herpderp

#35 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:14 PM

idk, people dont sit in front of their computers every waking moment of their lives. For instance lets say you have to go to the bathroom, HMM log off or leave character on channel. Herpderp

Change channel> go to pee

#36 coor

coor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • LocationCHANNEL 4
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 10 December 2014 - 11:45 PM

NICE IDEA UP FOR THIS 

#37 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

judging from RO2's past, we say one thing devs do another. i just hope we eventually get a PK channel. it's not for everyone but i'm sure there are others out there who will appreciate this type of PvP. most RO1 pservers out there are PK enabled. there is a reason they are still up and running. just like sex PK sells  :heh:

#38 Ralphy01

Ralphy01

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 December 2014 - 11:16 AM

too much drama with other responses.

The suggestion is for an "OPTIONAL" PK Channel. It's an "OPTION"

Some people responded in a way as if they were being put in a disadvantage already.
The suggestion is for people who likes doing PK to give them the opportunity to satisfy their PK urges.
And since it will be a PK "Channel" it will be up for the player's choice if he/she wants to go there or not.

Therefore, your dramas such us ganging up, being a victim, being bullied, unfair, unbalanced, etc etc are irrelevant.
It's PK bro, it's PK. @.@

BTW, UP FOR THIS ONE. :)

#39 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 December 2014 - 04:58 PM

^
^
^
Give me five! hahahahah!

#40 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 12:26 AM

too much drama with other responses.

The suggestion is for an "OPTIONAL" PK Channel. It's an "OPTION"

Some people responded in a way as if they were being put in a disadvantage already.
The suggestion is for people who likes doing PK to give them the opportunity to satisfy their PK urges.
And since it will be a PK "Channel" it will be up for the player's choice if he/she wants to go there or not.

Therefore, your dramas such us ganging up, being a victim, being bullied, unfair, unbalanced, etc etc are irrelevant.
It's PK bro, it's PK. @.@

BTW, UP FOR THIS ONE. :)

they will only just say "PK chaneL? go woe map plox"

the catch is... this channel has extra +200% EXP and 100% addtitional drop rate.... worth the risk? + those who love pvp/pk dont really care if they die (dyin in a game is no big deal really) unless you lose something (MP maybe if mob last hit you)

#41 SkyandSky

SkyandSky

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:32 AM

the catch is... this channel has extra +200% EXP and 100% addtitional drop rate.... worth the risk? + those who love pvp/pk dont really care if they die (dyin in a game is no big deal really) unless you lose something (MP maybe if mob last hit you)

yeah that would probably give spice and as you point, something different compare to just a simple WoE map. :)
High reward High risk concept would be a good one. :D

#42 5318130516144610857

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 824 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 10:22 AM

Or it can also become like WOEs and Jehoon, big alliances are made no one attacks first and everyone is free to farm whatever they want at all times. The channel would then become like any other channel, except with all those extras you mentioned. yay!  :ani_shy:

My point being, if you wish to implement new ideas, you have to think of all possible outcomes and I don't think it is WP/Gravity's interest in making such channel without further restrictions to avoid this kinda of situation of happening. But hey, I'm not a dev and I don't work in either of those companies.

#43 Kiryu

Kiryu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2092 posts
  • LocationLily of Elon -Crystal Desert
  • Server:Sea of Sorrows - GW2

Posted 20 December 2014 - 03:40 PM

There was this game long time ago I played and had a pk channel, but that was the pk channel~

while there were open zones for pvp (literally you could just walk inside a ring and pvp will activate inmediatly, the channel was the most unforgiving thing

50% more exp of the regular one

Drop was 25% higher on bosses on the open world map while the rest was equal.

but...

you get  200% of the exp the player you killed lost

karma existed ingame so if you kill a good karma you became evil

evil = the npcs won't sell to you, guards will kill you and anything that look like a cannon will fire at any bad karma player

to clean karma either you need it to coach players and became a trainer

do an high amount of questing from the quest boards (npcs will have a special dialog to bad karma and will try to kill 3 seconds after paying you)

do the wanted list board (this was a list with current bad karma players, so killing bad will make you good and the bad were still bad)

Also an extra feature: DELEVELING on that map only.

the game died after a bad update took the subs to ground so didn't got to see the light on this side of the world.

#44 cch13

cch13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationK. Lumpur, MYS
  • Server:Odin/Freyja

Posted 20 December 2014 - 07:22 PM

I like the Forced PK feature in normal channel. Engaging forced PK will raise it's PK penalty level(don't have to kill the player), each level will increase the penalty and duration(which is almost similar to Cabal online): eg

level 1(minor evil): Hide/Camo can no longer used, unable talk to all NPC(you can't buy items from NPC, use storage, AH, repair equipments, accept/complete quest, using kafra flying etc), 30 minutes play time

level 2(lesser evil): all penalties from level 1, increased death penalty per level from dying, 2 hours

level 3(evil): all penalties from lvl 1&2, any players can engaged forced PK on you without receiving any penalties, death penalty also applied in all forms of PvP including losing a duel, 6 hours

level 4(greater evil): all penalties from lvl 1 to 3, have chance to drop one random equipped armor/accessories/weapons on death(bound items will unbound), allow other players to loot. 12 hours

level 5(prime evil): all penalties from lvl 1 to 4, increased chance to drop one random equipped items, character gets severe debuffs(Atk/Matk/Crit/Hit -80%, Defense/parry -80%, Movement speed -70%, HP/SP -75%), 36 hours

level 6(devil like):  all penalties from lvl 1 to 5, significantly increased chance to drop one random equipped items, 168 hours

Also once the penalty timer expires, the penalty will be deleveled by 1. Also the penalty timer will pause if the player is not engaging PvE combat for 3 minutes. Further more, PK victims can opt to post the killer's IGN into bounty list, allow players to accept bounty quests/tasks and act as bounty hunter, and hunt then down without any penalties. Penalty levels are determined with color of IGN and visible to all players.

White: no penalties

Yellow: lv 1&2

Orange: lv 3&4

Red: lv 5

Black: lv 6

And I also like open PK channel where you can freely PK anywhere, anyone without any penalties in PK channel, but only if character balance is done at least once per month, and death penalty ignored when last hit by other players(penalty retained when last hit by mobs or the player is in PK penalty level 3 and above).

#45 KuroiKoneko

KuroiKoneko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 632 posts

Posted 20 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

level 4(greater evil): all penalties from lvl 1 to 3, have chance to drop one random equipped armor/accessories/weapons on death(bound items will unbound), allow other players to loot. 12 hours

nice way to "trade" bounded gears, hehe

#46 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 December 2014 - 08:20 AM

hahahahaha! It seems like there are some here who played the same game as I did. hahahaha!

#47 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 09:56 AM

I would answer: How many farming spots do you usually have? F.e. in DWU?

Now make CH10 a PK channel and guess how this will end...

So although many players - presumably Assassins by most parts - have replied on these kinds of threads, the most trivial question wasn't answered yet: How would farming spots (higher XPs or not) on such a PK map improve PvP fights? How would the result be 'better' than the usual WoE encounters or normal duels?

Edited by Greven79, 21 December 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#48 Rafnex

Rafnex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 114 posts

Posted 21 December 2014 - 03:34 PM

I would answer: How many farming spots do you usually have? F.e. in DWU?

Now make CH10 a PK channel and guess how this will end...

So although many players - presumably Assassins by most parts - have replied on these kinds of threads, the most trivial question wasn't answered yet: How would farming spots (higher XPs or not) on such a PK map improve PvP fights? How would the result be 'better' than the usual WoE encounters or normal duels?

yeah PK channels/Map only will be lively if there is a "great/nice reason" why players would go there to PVP or risk being killed

like WoE map atm... only reason you go there is if you want daily quest/bored/want to gank or annoy something/bully others if your in a group (so most of the time its fairly empty) - only reward you can get there is Boasting Rights + Griefing / Wind Elixir/ BP (which is kinda useless atm - well union points)

like some other games with PK map (the map is entirely optional but... you can go there and farm materials for a good epic set  and boss drop high lvl accesorries only on that map) = players has reason to go there so you always see someone farming/looking for a pvp/pk inside that map

P.S. RO2 is not really built for these kind of PVP aspect ( this is mainly a PVE game anyways but no real PVE content... just farm/grind) ----- so some just suggest to add some spice on the game - if the dev see it will be possible then why not

Edited by Rafnex, 21 December 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#49 cch13

cch13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationK. Lumpur, MYS
  • Server:Odin/Freyja

Posted 21 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

nice way to "trade" bounded gears, hehe

not exactly trade anyway, more like robbing PK happy players. XD

Edited by cch13, 21 December 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#50 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 22 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

Hahahah!

I guess those who opposed have not experienced the PK Channel that some of us are describing/have experienced. (Reminiscing...hmmm)

Grinding all day is boring. WOE maps are not that appealing. Colosseum only run a few times a day and you can join only once (I think) per character and sometimes, it is cancelled due to lack of Colo Challengers.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users