Community Quest System Project - Page 2 - Renewal Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Community Quest System Project

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
93 replies to this topic

#26 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:43 PM

Slightly touching on topic...  but not entirely. What I'd like to see is no single player on this community gets to dictate an in game project that is for the community. As a contributor, you acknowledge that it is up to the CMs/ GMs to listen to the community as a whole and not dictate an in game asset/ tool/ event/ system as your 'baby', even if you did pushed for it to happen. This will only cause certain individual player to have some outrageous sense to entitlement and reservation to an in game content. Which to me, seems wrong. No single player should have that kind of entitlement and this sort of project is a charity thing. If you cannot listen to certain opinions and demand to be rigid over it, then you are unfit as a contributor to the game because you are implementing something just for yourself, not the community.

Besides, the Bounty Boards are just an improved version of the Eden boards. They basically do the same thing, just that Eden boards are located inside of Eden, less organized, and less monster counts and lesser rewards. If there was a push for improving the current Eden Boards, I'd pretty much more or less give the same feedback. I did find that the GMs putting the turn in NPC directly next to the Eden boards pretty silly. But it is more convenient for the new players.

#27 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

There would be a pinned thread for the community to vote, and they'd be free to select one map. Votes would be categorized by Low-Mid-High level map (having in mind same level ranges gramps turn in). So for example you could vote low level map (juno field whatever), mid level map (abyss lake whatever), high level map (bifrost map whatever).

Honestly I think people would be lazy to even think of maps on their own and look out for mobs to choose from, but it's something the community actually has to be proactive if they want benefits. Then again I think GM would be like screw this, too bothersome, so stuff like boards suit best this situation.

#28 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:46 PM

Slightly touching on topic...  but not entirely. What I'd like to see is no single player on this community gets to dictate an in game project that is for the community. As a contributor, you acknowledge that it is up to the CMs/ GMs to listen to the community as a whole and not dictate an in game asset/ tool/ event/ system as your 'baby', even if you did pushed for it to happen. This will only cause certain individual player to have some outrageous sense to entitlement and reservation to an in game content. Which to me, seems wrong. No single player should have that kind of entitlement and this sort of project is a charity thing. If you cannot listen to certain opinions and demand to be rigid over it, then you are unfit as a contributor to the game because you are implementing something just for yourself, not the community.

Besides, the Bounty Boards are just an improved version of the Eden boards. They basically do the same thing, just that Eden boards are located inside of Eden, less organized, and less monster counts and lesser rewards. If there was a push for improving the current Eden Boards, I'd pretty much more or less give the same feedback. I did find that the GMs putting the turn in NPC directly next to the Eden boards pretty silly. But it is more convenient for the new players.

Though I don't know the humble beginnings of the BB system, from what I understand it has been Zero's effort which has culminated the current system.

Why wouldn't they get to do this now?

#29 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Why make another project when you still have to add more stuff, tweak and refine the old one? Besides, pretty sure everyone's happy with the status of the boards so far, minus a few things.

Because the Bounty Boards are not good enough if they get rid of Gramps. They honestly aren't. I'm hoping someone would come up with something better, hence this thread.

The Bounty Boards cater to a certain portion of the community, not the entire community. This is a chance for the other portion of the community to speak up for what they want instead of someone like me going to the CMs privately and proposing my own ideas.

CMs putting the turn-in NPCs next to the boards was done because Eden Group is so crowded. They were originally spread throughout the building.

#30 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:48 PM

Then why not do away with the Eden boards?  I agree that they are poorly placed, very disorganized, their placement sucks major league, and the levels they supposedly represent are very poorly managed.

#31 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9313 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:51 PM

I jsut want bio4 mobs to stay at the same spawn rate :( That's all I want, then bio4 will remain a nice way to grind to 175. :D

#32 DarkGazer

DarkGazer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1842 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

Because the Bounty Boards are not good enough if they get rid of Gramps. They honestly aren't. I'm hoping someone would come up with something better, hence this thread.

That's if they ACTUALLY get rid of Gramps right this instant. It's possible to get rid of him, yes, but trying to think about that right now is way too early in my opinion. Currently, the boards are just easing the players to stop completely relying on the old man 100% of the time.

Seriously, it's recommended to just focus on the current system for now. The CMs/GMs already have their plates full with the new patch/WoEs/fixes and whatnot. Trying to implement another system on top of their workload (which they can't even handle right now) is just asking for trouble, I reckon.

#33 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 17 December 2014 - 05:58 PM

amp up all quest rewards... make the quests all give chunks too instead of one big lump so you can potentially gain more than one level per quest... this is a great alternative to grinding or TI/Kill Counts and nobody really has touched on it...

#34 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:02 PM

The Eden Boards turn in NPCs are sometimes not inside Eden but in random towns, so it became confusing for newbies to find them. I am aware of this because I have done most if not all the Eden boards. I found the rewards to be so minuscule for the time I spent traveling between towns, and zeny I had to spent warping around back when I start out, I could be gaining way more EXP if I just stayed in one map and grind it out.

We wouldn't even be needing Bounty Boards if Eden Boards itself was revamped to be like what B.B is now. But well as of now, why not just have both because they still cater to different play style? Eden board caters to people who like to grind for 10-30 monsters and turn in casually. Bounty Board are for those that just wants to stay in the same map for a while then turn it all in for a bigger chunk of EXP reward. Same for Gramps.

I don't see why there is a need for another additional leveling system.

And as mentioned I find it wrong that any player in this game have that much entitlement to an ingame content.

Edited by WarlockFier, 17 December 2014 - 06:04 PM.

#35 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:04 PM

I'm down for anything that gets players on the map and a need for class distributed parties. I do adore the BB system as well, but hey, more options, more fun!

#36 alphasync

alphasync

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationLag Free server
  • Server:Chaos-Renewal

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:11 PM

for me personally, i like having different leveling options, cause i can see and find out what suites my play style and playing time the best

and i agree with making the exp given in chunks, so that people turning in all the kill counts to get the emb can also get more exp out of it

#37 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:12 PM

That's if they ACTUALLY get rid of Gramps right this instant. It's possible to get rid of him, yes, but trying to think about that right now is way too early in my opinion. Currently, the boards are just easing the players to stop completely relying on the old man 100% of the time.

Seriously, it's recommended to just focus on the current system for now. The CMs/GMs already have their plates full with the new patch/WoEs/fixes and whatnot. Trying to implement another system on top of their workload (which they can't even handle right now) is just asking for trouble, I reckon.

This system will come after the Bounty Boards' official launch, not concurrently. Still needs time for more community input.

amp up all quest rewards... make the quests all give chunks too instead of one big lump so you can potentially gain more than one level per quest... this is a great alternative to grinding or TI/Kill Counts and nobody really has touched on it...

Not everyone likes to do the long quests in RO, hence why this project was formed to create a faster alternative to Bounty Boards.

We wouldn't even be needing Bounty Boards if Eden Boards itself was revamped to be like what B.B is now. But well as of now, why not just have both because they still cater to different play style? Eden board caters to people who like to grind for 10-30 monsters and turn in casually. Bounty Board are for those that just wants to stay in the same map for a while then turn it all in for a bigger chunk of EXP reward. Same for Gramps.

We need another system with no cooldowns like the old repeatable EXP quests. In addition, people like to hunt certain monsters for longer than 20 levels.

#38 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:13 PM

Consumable free instance dungeon /slur

#39 GreatMajah

GreatMajah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

The Eden Boards turn in NPCs are sometimes not inside Eden but in random towns, so it became confusing for newbies to find them. I am aware of this because I have done most if not all the Eden boards. I found the rewards to be so minuscule for the time I spent traveling between towns, and zeny I had to spent warping around back when I start out, I could be gaining way more EXP if I just stayed in one map and grind it out.

And as mentioned I find it wrong that any player in this game have that much entitlement to an ingame content.

Great point there (which I bolded)

But I have to disagree with your last statement.  Gravity throughout the years (and I've been here since Beta) has been anything but receptive to input.  Countless suggestions have been made to Gravity to make the game better.....some good, others not.  I've been here a long time, stated my piece several times on issues, and have been largely ignored.  As has far too many people in the community, many of them being long term players (which I find sad).  I personally think that if someone has finally been able to bend Gravity's collective ear a bit, then good for them.  I think they should be praised for their efforts, not put down, and especially not dragged thru the mud when this largely whiny, spoiled, brattish playerbase/community doesn't get exactly what they want out of their efforts.

#40 Draciolus

Draciolus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2035 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:14 PM

Consumable free instance dungeon /slur

So...regular Porings that give EXP values of MVPs basically, since you won't be using consumables? o.O

#41 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

Or a dungeon that requires an actual composition with priests that aren't bad.

#42 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 06:23 PM

I think they should be praised for their efforts, not put down, and especially not dragged thru the mud when this largely whiny, spoiled, brattish playerbase/community doesn't get exactly what they want out of their efforts.

I think you have greatly misunderstood me. I do commend Zero for her effort to push for the Bounty Board, and many of us do I am sure. But what you are missing out is that I don't commend her attitude towards the GMs/CMs/Vmods whenever they do something against her vision or wish. If you have even seen them before, it's pretty obnoxious. And time and again I see her commanding them around to do things as she please, and posting pretty pointless suggestions to move the boards to location that are a little more inconvenient than before.

Some issues are actually minor, but it still built up the annoyance I have had towards the way things are being handled and thus frustrated for a long time. It resulted into discouraging me and some players from wanting to give any feedback to the Bounty Board. That was where the entire debate today about the boards stems from. If you want community's feedbacks, you have to learn not to shut them out entirely and learn to come to a middle ground for both. Not lash out at others that it's either your own ideas or go come up with something else instead.

Of course, if she could treat the CMs/GMs/Vmod that way, her attitude towards other players are even worst.

Edited by WarlockFier, 17 December 2014 - 06:24 PM.

#43 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:14 PM

Oh I know -- how about really easy ways of levelling that include Bounty Boards, Gramps, and Eden Boards that are available ONLY for accounts (or maybe characters) that are within 1~2 months old? After that, you're on your own! Go back to grinding... explore the world! That way, we don't argue about anything, newbies are able to catch up, and veterans can actually feel challenged for once. :D

#44 iDaehyun

iDaehyun

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • Location桃花島

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:18 PM

Oh I know -- how about really easy ways of levelling that include Bounty Boards, Gramps, and Eden Boards that are available ONLY for accounts (or maybe characters) that are within 1~2 months old? After that, you're on your own! Go back to grinding... explore the world! That way, we don't argue about anything, newbies are able to catch up, and veterans can actually feel challenged for once. :D

tumblr_myc09a7NuX1suydjqo1_400.gif

#45 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:43 PM

i still miss gramps... Fast Parties,fast leveling and no racismo for expanded classes... but i like to see new leveling systems...

but i dont like the idea of ITEMS FOR EXP... bots can grow up...

Edited by Hissis, 17 December 2014 - 07:43 PM.

#46 ShinKokuryuu

ShinKokuryuu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 07:55 PM

I think the most helpful thing would be to ease the level exp penalty on mobs...

Like, even if not entirely gone, at least do something about the 10% and 35% exp penalty at higher levels @_@;

#47 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:18 PM

I think you have greatly misunderstood me. I do commend Zero for her effort to push for the Bounty Board, and many of us do I am sure. But what you are missing out is that I don't commend her attitude towards the GMs/CMs/Vmods whenever they do something against her vision or wish. If you have even seen them before, it's pretty obnoxious. And time and again I see her commanding them around to do things as she please, and posting pretty pointless suggestions to move the boards to location that are a little more inconvenient than before.

Some issues are actually minor, but it still built up the annoyance I have had towards the way things are being handled and thus frustrated for a long time. It resulted into discouraging me and some players from wanting to give any feedback to the Bounty Board. That was where the entire debate today about the boards stems from. If you want community's feedbacks, you have to learn not to shut them out entirely and learn to come to a middle ground for both. Not lash out at others that it's either your own ideas or go come up with something else instead.

Of course, if she could treat the CMs/GMs/Vmod that way, her attitude towards other players are even worst.

Then tell me I'm being obnoxious instead of keeping quiet. I'm not like most people who would lash out if criticized. The mods and the CMs have put me in my place more times than not. Of course I'm going to get upset when it comes to things that I've been deeply involved in such as the Ragnarok Wiki (which the community doesn't even care about anyhow) and the Secret Odin event (which many people take advantage of or try to spoil). I've been warned by the iRO2 CMs and even had my posts deleted.

Honestly, I'm not perfect and I have no reason to be. I'm not here to be anyone's leader but my guild's. I've likely made 50x more enemies here than friends just by being me. The lack of structure going on in the game along with the Gramps situation is what have collectively put me on edge in addition to all the crap kRO has thrown at us for the past 9 years I've been playing on iRO.

i still miss gramps... Fast Parties,fast leveling and no racismo for expanded classes... but i like to see new leveling systems...

but i dont like the idea of ITEMS FOR EXP... bots can grow up...

But non-combative players should be able to benefit from a turn-in quest system, too. If they can't kill, what can they do for EXP?

I think the most helpful thing would be to ease the level exp penalty on mobs...

Like, even if not entirely gone, at least do something about the 10% and 35% exp penalty at higher levels @_@;

I've been a proponent of getting rid of the EXP penalty entirely since Renewal was implemented on iRO. I don't see why they can say no to the drop penalty but not the EXP penalty.

#48 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 17 December 2014 - 08:57 PM

I think they should be praised for their efforts, not put down, and especially not dragged thru the mud when this largely whiny, spoiled, brattish playerbase/community doesn't get exactly what they want out of their efforts.

If I had a dollar...

#49 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:07 PM

Marty posted in my feedback thread about quests catered to ABs, which reminds me of Shinobi's idea for class-specific leveling quests.

http://forums.warppo...assin-missions/

How about expanding on the old job class leveling quests that were for 1st Classes? They'd totally fit in outside on the world maps as special guild agents or something and you help them out with special kill quests. This could be a great opportunity to teach players how to play their classes properly.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 17 December 2014 - 09:14 PM.

#50 Alicia

Alicia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1912 posts
  • LocationLocation Location
  • Server:Disconnected

Posted 17 December 2014 - 09:27 PM

I like this idea/system since I personally do not enjoy leveling and would rather spend time socializing.

Perhaps this game is not tailored to that desire but at the same time, working and playing games makes it thus. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users