Renewal January 7th Maintenance Thread - Page 7 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal January 7th Maintenance Thread

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
206 replies to this topic

#151 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:01 PM

scarabas are already able to be picked up by 150+; i grabbed them yesterday. can't confirm about the acidus boards because i don't remember when i picked them up, but they may be available for 150+ too.

rachel and veins boards aren't in yet.

#152 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:19 PM

o thanks for the info! I just checked the board, they made it so you can go to max level off scarabas, wow O_O. Yeah my main concern then is the Hugel, Rachel, Veins and Dolomedes board, I know Rachel and Veins aren't here yet but just thought I'd mention it before they do implement them. Which should be upped to 150, they don't have to go beyond that though 150 is good enough.

Edited by SaintMichael, 08 January 2015 - 04:19 PM.

#153 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 05:16 PM

hugel looks like it's good through 160.

#154 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 08 January 2015 - 08:44 PM

hugel looks like it's good through 160.

O I see now they are going for thirty level intervals between monsters except the for very last ones that go to 175, that makes sense. In that case though dolomedes board should go to 160 as well. I'm sure Veins and Rachel will also be 160 since Hugel's monsters are in the same level range.

Thanks for the confirmation!

#155 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:37 PM

O I see now they are going for thirty level intervals between monsters except the for very last ones that go to 175, that makes sense. In that case though dolomedes board should go to 160 as well. I'm sure Veins and Rachel will also be 160 since Hugel's monsters are in the same level range.

Thanks for the confirmation!

General rule for the boards is 20 levels to fit with the 15-level EXP penalty, but a few have been stretched because player demands and kRO's willingness to get us updates don't meet up.

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. It was the players' fault for demanding the 160/175 level caps without the content to go with them. So I can't really place the fault on kRO for that mess up.

Edited by ZeroTigress, 08 January 2015 - 09:40 PM.

#156 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

have you checked the mora board? pretty sure it has all you need.

however, there've been issues reported with turning them in; not sure if it's been fixed yet:

http://forums.warppo...back/?p=2016453

Actually my bad
I meant to say, "Bifrost Tower bounty board" please

#157 Omnipheles

Omnipheles

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1151 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Chaos - Renewal

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:00 AM

Go look at the mora board...

#158 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:36 AM

Actually my bad
I meant to say, "Bifrost Tower bounty board" please

have you checked the mora board? pretty sure it has all you need.

#159 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:14 AM

Thank you for the 150+ Scaraba boards! Keep up the good work!

I'll be back later after I compose my new list of demands.

#160 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 12:34 PM

EDIT: Actually, scratch that. It was the players' fault for demanding the 160/175 level caps without the content to go with them. So I can't really place the fault on kRO for that mess up.

actually the blame should still fall to kro.......if they actually even cared that we are here, they would have kept us up to date on content........now with that being said, wp should have also been more pro-active on their end to keep us in new content

#161 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:24 PM

we weren't supposed to get 160 and 175 together, but that's what happens when kRO doesn't plan ahead.

#162 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:03 PM

actually the blame should still fall to kro.......if they actually even cared that we are here, they would have kept us up to date on content........now with that being said, wp should have also been more pro-active on their end to keep us in new content

As far as I'm aware, they don't request stuff unless players demand it. They didn't even know Scaraba nightmare dungeon existed if it weren't for the players, which means they don't keep track of what's implemented on kRO. So yes, they should've been more proactive on what was going on in kRO rather than just sitting back and waiting for kRO to decide what they felt like giving us.

WP shouldn't have even implemented the level caps without the content. There were several of us who advised against implementing the level caps, but WP did it anyways and now iRO is a mess. Rather have the content before the level caps than after if the current content we have in-game doesn't even help players get to the new level caps.

#163 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:49 PM

As far as I'm aware, they don't request stuff unless players demand it. They didn't even know Scaraba nightmare dungeon existed if it weren't for the players, which means they don't keep track of what's implemented on kRO. So yes, they should've been more proactive on what was going on in kRO rather than just sitting back and waiting for kRO to decide what they felt like giving us.

WP shouldn't have even implemented the level caps without the content. There were several of us who advised against implementing the level caps, but WP did it anyways and now iRO is a mess. Rather have the content before the level caps than after if the current content we have in-game doesn't even help players get to the new level caps.

hell this update has ruined ro for me........the only place for my 150's to level is bios, but i can't get parties to accept me or even keep me since i don't have any mvp cards or god gears............i guess my decade of ro has come to an end unless we get the new content that we so desperately need sooner than what we have been told

#164 archiew

archiew

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:29 PM

hell this update has ruined ro for me........the only place for my 150's to level is bios, but i can't get parties to accept me or even keep me since i don't have any mvp cards or god gears............i guess my decade of ro has come to an end unless we get the new content that we so desperately need sooner than what we have been told

wonder  why people so rushing to get to level 175...

I myself with my main 148 GX keep it steady because I know when it hits the level cap then the boring days will be coming. And I do not want that happen.

There are things you can do besides LEVELLING that is fun.

#165 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:41 PM

Even worse for my Bounty Boards since people are demanding 150+ boards when there's basically no monsters to put on them to help people level effectively. Not a lot of people are aware there's a EXP penalty that punishes players for killing monsters below their level.

#166 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 09 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

It's not an actual "penalty" is it? I thought you only got less exp. The same as in ti, & other parties, the exp earned varies.

#167 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 09 January 2015 - 07:03 PM

Even worse for my Bounty Boards since people are demanding 150+ boards when there's basically no monsters to put on them to help people level effectively. Not a lot of people are aware there's a EXP penalty that punishes players for killing monsters below their level.

Wait a minute does the experience penalty effect the experience reward for completing a board? or are you just referring to the penalty when killing lower level monsters? If your referring to the monster penalty for killing a monster I would argue that fighting a monster up to the 20 mark is still good experience, which is 85%. Although I am finding every mob to be grindy past the 140 mark from just shear grinding, I'm kinda hoping that changes when we get the rest of the boards and I can finally start using the Rachel board. 

Also what update are we missing besides nightmare clock tower, that's used for leveling? I've seen videos of KRO players leveling off nightmare wanderers, and bio 3 monsters so I'm a little confused here.

KRO hasn't really given players an adequate leveling system since the release of renewal, take a look at the very last eden group quests... So the new content that is coming may not even be as good as your bounty boards even the ones with the stretched level cap, which I'm willing to bet are probably leagues ahead of what KRO has implemented.

#168 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 08:33 PM

It won't affect quest exp so...

#169 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:16 PM

Wait a minute does the experience penalty effect the experience reward for completing a board? or are you just referring to the penalty when killing lower level monsters? If your referring to the monster penalty for killing a monster I would argue that fighting a monster up to the 20 mark is still good experience, which is 85%. Although I am finding every mob to be grindy past the 140 mark from just shear grinding, I'm kinda hoping that changes when we get the rest of the boards and I can finally start using the Rachel board. 

Also what update are we missing besides nightmare clock tower, that's used for leveling? I've seen videos of KRO players leveling off nightmare wanderers, and bio 3 monsters so I'm a little confused here.

KRO hasn't really given players an adequate leveling system since the release of renewal, take a look at the very last eden group quests... So the new content that is coming may not even be as good as your bounty boards even the ones with the stretched level cap, which I'm willing to bet are probably leagues ahead of what KRO has implemented.

you do realize that everything about eden is exclusive to iro right?? kro has nothing to do with eden

#170 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:28 PM

What? Eden has everything to do with kRO. The Eden Group exists there too. Gramps, VIP Turn Ins, Eat Gear, Eve and Merry Badger are the only things in Eden that are exclusive to iRO.

#171 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

What? Eden has everything to do with kRO. The Eden Group exists there too. Gramps, VIP Turn Ins, Eat Gear, Eve and Merry Badger are the only things in Eden that are exclusive to iRO.

ok, what i should have said was our eden has nothing to do with kro.........

#172 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:41 PM

Wait a minute does the experience penalty effect the experience reward for completing a board? or are you just referring to the penalty when killing lower level monsters? If your referring to the monster penalty for killing a monster I would argue that fighting a monster up to the 20 mark is still good experience, which is 85%. Although I am finding every mob to be grindy past the 140 mark from just shear grinding, I'm kinda hoping that changes when we get the rest of the boards and I can finally start using the Rachel board.

KRO hasn't really given players an adequate leveling system since the release of renewal, take a look at the very last eden group quests... So the new content that is coming may not even be as good as your bounty boards even the ones with the stretched level cap, which I'm willing to bet are probably leagues ahead of what KRO has implemented.

Like Viri said, the penalty doesn't affect quest rewards. But that just means people are pitifully killing monsters much lower than them just for the small bonus that the Bounty Boards provide. The boards are meant to help people level within their level, not have people depend on them to compensate for content that doesn't exist yet.

kRO intended for players to go from 150 to 175 via instance dungeons. Because why do the extra work to expand on the game's world when you can just do instance versions of existing content? That's why the boards were originally developed with the 150 cap in mind; because the only monsters to add for 150 - 175 are in instance dungeons that kRO hasn't given to us for some reason.

It's just really sad that kRO wants others to make up for what they lack.

#173 PyroPenguin

PyroPenguin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 10:56 PM

almost as sad as the fact that kro could really care less if we are even here.........

#174 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 11:00 PM

almost as sad as the fact that kro could really care less if we are even here.........

And they wonder why their stock keeps plummeting.

#175 SaintMichael

SaintMichael

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationHeaven

Posted 10 January 2015 - 09:06 AM

Like Viri said, the penalty doesn't affect quest rewards. But that just means people are pitifully killing monsters much lower than them just for the small bonus that the Bounty Boards provide. The boards are meant to help people level within their level, not have people depend on them to compensate for content that doesn't exist yet.

kRO intended for players to go from 150 to 175 via instance dungeons. Because why do the extra work to expand on the game's world when you can just do instance versions of existing content? That's why the boards were originally developed with the 150 cap in mind; because the only monsters to add for 150 - 175 are in instance dungeons that kRO hasn't given to us for some reason.

It's just really sad that kRO wants others to make up for what they lack.

If the quests are un-effected by the experience penalty, then it's going to be a better option killing monsters who are on a board opposed to not. Also it's the amount of experience gained from one monster is always secondary to how fast a player can mob farm. If a player can kill monster x 100 times more than monster y in the same time frame then x is superior to y until a certain point, by KRO's logic 30 levels past there base, since that's the final penalty threshold.

You say lack of content, when we already have bio 3 mobs, nightmare glastheim, nightmare scarab, bifrost tower, etc, that are all good mobs to get to 175 to. That being said bio 3 mobs and nightmare scaraba are way more difficult mobs to farm then the instance dungeon mobs that we haven't gotten yet. So your going to have to define "weak" cause what you just stated doesn't make much sense.

Yeah I heard you the third time, I know what you think KRO intended, but that is incorrect KRO wants players to grind off monsters 20-30 levels below the max level cap. The people who obtain their cash shop items get to max quicker from farming stronger mobs while the people who don't get that gear are forced to mob weaker monsters at a much slower pace. What they fail to realize is this just makes players angry and then they go find a new game lol.

Look even if we had those updates it's still better to have the bounty boards as the main leveling system, because even private servers have bounty boards to level off of, along with every other MMO. It's just a huge time saver that should have been implemented properly on day 1 of Renewal(which it never was). If I really wanted to play a grind fest I would just go play classic...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users