+8 Mummy and +8 Requiem Cards? - Page 10 - General Feedback - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

+8 Mummy and +8 Requiem Cards?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
285 replies to this topic

#226 Matsuyuki

Matsuyuki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 129 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:17 PM

>mfw people getting perma banned all over the place
>mfw people used alts to perform the bug and sell the cards are getting banned too
>mfw people are getting perma banned on their main accounts via tracing who they traded with, not only the card, but zenny too
>mfw people are getting temp banned just by having the cards equipped while they're investigated
>mfw I know that my account is safe and sound because I didn't do as much as touching a card
>mfw when I see all the rage and tears on public chat

GIF-beautiful-happy-Moved-overjoyed-tear

I'm not even mad anymore about you changing WoE times, I thought I would never recover my faith on the staff running this game and you proved me wrong today.

#227 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts
  • LocationProntera Battlefield
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 04 February 2015 - 02:30 PM

>mfw people getting perma banned all over the place
>mfw people used alts to perform the bug and sell the cards are getting banned too
>mfw people are getting perma banned on their main accounts via tracing who they traded with, not only the card, but zenny too
>mfw people are getting temp banned just by having the cards equipped while they're investigated
>mfw I know that my account is safe and sound because I didn't do as much as touching a card
>mfw when I see all the rage and tears on public chat

GIF-beautiful-happy-Moved-overjoyed-tear

I'm not even mad anymore about you changing WoE times, I thought I would never recover my faith on the staff running this game and you proved me wrong today.

hello prs join nice boat cuz u will fit in very nicely ;)

#228 donthackme2

donthackme2

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 547 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:19 PM

Cheers!!!!

#229 IANVARIVS

IANVARIVS

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

Card Exploit Resolution Follow Up

The card duplication exploit has been resolved.  Thank you for your patience while we addressed the situation. Prior to the exploit being closed by development, players could duplicate card refine grades.  Once we found the exploit method, Gravity was able to fix the issue on January 21, 2015. After this, we were able to capture all occurrences of the exploit being performed.

A total of 1133 accounts were involved in the exploit with a total of 5480 cards having artificial refines rates given to them.

Cases of low numbers of exploited card refines will not result in suspension as accidental use of the exploit was possible. A large portion of the accounts fall into this category and will be removed from suspension if already locked down. This will also protect players that tested the method to report it to support.

Accounts that produced copious amounts of exploited cards will be permanently suspended for clear intent to distribute, sell, and otherwise profit from these exploited cards. The worst offending cases will have suspensions issued and all accounts associated by IP address investigated.

For the 5,480 cards, the refine grade will be reverted back to the original 0 grade during our next maintenance. The duplication was of the refine grade, not the card itself, so those cards will be returned to normal.

Once again, thank you for your patience!

http://playragnarok2...ews/article/299

Such nice news to hear.

#230 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 06:10 PM

this would have set the standard on how they react to such things

well they would probably be smarter next time round but at least the public would have known better to stay away from such dubious transaction

#231 Stratum

Stratum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

To WP developers and staff: thank you.

#232 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 04 February 2015 - 10:23 PM

Wow 1133 account are currently Banned/Blocked, that's a lot of players, those duped cards really spreads like virus hahahaha,

#233 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:26 PM

those 1133  were just the one that used the exploit 

and doesnt include those that buy it, 

i guess we got more players that i thought, 

#234 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 04 February 2015 - 11:29 PM

yay guys good job, you should put that report on the main page of the forum, playragnarock,facebook, twitter and pin them this is the best advertising a game could have.
Now can we talk about the impossible lv4 pets?

#235 RyuMax02

RyuMax02

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 279 posts
  • LocationMALAYSIA
  • Server:FREYJA

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:05 AM

yay guys good job, you should put that report on the main page of the forum, playragnarock,facebook, twitter and pin them this is the best advertising a game could have.
Now can we talk about the impossible lv4 pets?

LVL4 pets are not impossible but LVL4 boss class pets..that are mission impossible..

btw..i am happy seeing over 1k got banned.. :heh:

#236 Oyufam

Oyufam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 155 posts
  • LocationStrawberry Land
  • Server:Pandora

Posted 05 February 2015 - 12:19 AM

first time is prolly accident in +3 or 4 , 9? nope and doing it twice or more 0-0 is not to be called accident its intentional specially ip of the user is recorded

and +9 from what i experience na uh, cards reset!! and viewing the supplies open for refining at ah it would be impossible for one person to create +9 

and by view also there trade logs and account logs one can easily identify its a hacked item 

value you spend on your account ( trade logs / bought items )

date when the account created 

LV of your character and gears on your account 

one can easly identified by view one user accounts value 

and most alt accounts are subject to this case 0-0

0-0 oh ya i saw someone has +9 mummy card i forgot the ign tho he was planning on trading it for my KP 0-0 oh and ya i wonder when was it , its prolly gone by now 

Edited by Oyufam, 05 February 2015 - 12:21 AM.

#237 Greven79

Greven79

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1006 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 06:52 AM

those 1133  were just the one that used the exploit 

and doesnt include those that buy it, 

i guess we got more players that i thought, 

number of accounts =/= number of players. And I expect that most players used fake accounts to hide their steps. And in general, I am actually surprised that WP/Gravity had the tools to identify the illegal trades, etc.. Depending on the logging method (most likely DB-entries), you can easily generate a few MBs per hour. And because this exploit was running for quite some time, it was definitely not that easy task. Chapeau!

#238 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:29 PM

Now I am totally curious who got banned.

#239 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 05 February 2015 - 02:38 PM

Now I am totally curious who got banned.

Loads and good riddance 

#240 flukeSG2

flukeSG2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1119 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:24 AM

number of accounts =/= number of players. And I expect that most players used fake accounts to hide their steps. And in general, I am actually surprised that WP/Gravity had the tools to identify the illegal trades, etc.. Depending on the logging method (most likely DB-entries), you can easily generate a few MBs per hour. And because this exploit was running for quite some time, it was definitely not that easy task. Chapeau!

I assume this is why we are seeing lots of temp bans as they are trying to figure out if accounts that were traded the cards for free, where just the creator trying to bypass a ban by trading to different characters.  Lots of IP comparisons going on I think. Can't wait for the update and bye bye +9's!!

#241 MingMei

MingMei

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

tough luck to those that bought it with RM

#242 Mishhan

Mishhan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationManila, Philippines

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:02 AM

If they using Sql, searching every cell blocks will be easy, even if the DB is terra size, you just have to take a coffee while waiting for the "Search" to complete,  well it been a while since WP/Gravity banned this so many people,

Well Job done no more +9 Cards   :no1:

Edited by Mishhan, 06 February 2015 - 04:08 AM.

#243 seraphimpreia

seraphimpreia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:36 AM

It's been almost 2 weeks sending tickets to the game support, my account had been permanently suspended for the accusation of exploiting card bug numerous times. I only buy the +9 requiem card on the auction house which I know you can able to check whether I am telling the truth or not through the system log of my account. You even posted this links http://www.playragna...ews/article/299 which says "Accounts that produced copious amounts of exploited cards will be permanently suspended for clear intent to distribute, sell, and otherwise profit from these exploited cards. The worst offending cases will have suspensions issued and all accounts associated by IP address investigated.

For the 5,480 cards, the refine grade will be reverted back to the original 0 grade during our next maintenance. The duplication was of the refine grade, not the card itself, so those cards will be returned to normal.

And also this link: http://www.playragna...ews/article/290 which also explains "Accounts that acquired the cards, but did not perform the exploit, will not be disciplined. 

#244 VuoriDevine

VuoriDevine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1092 posts
  • LocationHelsinki, Finland.

Posted 21 February 2015 - 08:23 AM

It's been almost 2 weeks sending tickets to the game support, my account had been permanently suspended for the accusation of exploiting card bug numerous times. I only buy the +9 requiem card on the auction house which I know you can able to check whether I am telling the truth or not through the system log of my account. You even posted this links http://www.playragna...ews/article/299 which says "Accounts that produced copious amounts of exploited cards will be permanently suspended for clear intent to distribute, sell, and otherwise profit from these exploited cards. The worst offending cases will have suspensions issued and all accounts associated by IP address investigated.

And also this link: http://www.playragna...ews/article/290 which also explains "Accounts that acquired the cards, but did not perform the exploit, will not be disciplined. 

"Accounts that produced copious amounts of exploited cards will be permanently suspended for clear intent to distribute, sell, and otherwise profit from these exploited cards." 
"Accounts that acquired the cards, but did not perform the exploit, will not be disciplined."

You are not as special as you think, If you didnt dupe the cards and you just bought it, you wouldnt be perma ban.
WP is so....idk how to say it, they wouldn't keep ppl ban unless its a serious thing, so if you just bought it there wouldnt be a reason to keep you ban.
they can track, and they probably did it thats why they wont release your ACC.

And you are posting from a new forum ACC, with this being your only post, so why are you hiding?! lol

And dont tell me "never been posted in the forums", coz then you wouldnt know about the xploids etc etc

I call this BS.

You did something wrong, just grow a pair and deal with the consecuences of your actions.

Edited by VuoriDevine, 21 February 2015 - 08:27 AM.

#245 deathcauser

deathcauser

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 588 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:01 AM

daily reminder of your tears

#246 seraphimpreia

seraphimpreia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

You are not as special as you think, If you didnt dupe the cards and you just bought it, you wouldnt be perma ban.
WP is so....idk how to say it, they wouldn't keep ppl ban unless its a serious thing, so if you just bought it there wouldnt be a reason to keep you ban.
they can track, and they probably did it thats why they wont release your ACC.

And you are posting from a new forum ACC, with this being your only post, so why are you hiding?! lol

And dont tell me "never been posted in the forums", coz then you wouldnt know about the xploids etc etc

I call this BS.

You did something wrong, just grow a pair and deal with the consecuences of your actions.

Yes it is my first time to post here, because I only send tickets on the game support, it is the game support I always talk but unfortunately cannot give me satisfying answers. Honestly I did not even participate on the duplication of cards, it is just that I purchase the cards on the Auction House.  I know they can trace my account and that is what I am expecting from them to check the log system of my account which i doubt if they really did.

#247 seraphimpreia

seraphimpreia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:22 PM

Yes it is my first time to post here, because I only send tickets on the game support, it is the game support I always talk but unfortunately cannot give me satisfying answers. Honestly I did not even participate on the duplication of cards, it is just that I purchase the cards on the Auction House.  I know they can trace my account and that is what I am expecting from them to check the log system of my account which i doubt if they really did. 

"And you are posting from a new forum ACC, with this being your only post, so why are you hiding?! lol" with regards to what you are saying actually Sir Njoror suggested this link to me since I don't get satisfying answers from the game support.

#248 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:43 PM

They actually did ban a lot of accounts that had nothing to do with the cards, it was like a half ass job at looking like something got done, about as much as i expected loooooooooool

#249 seraphimpreia

seraphimpreia

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:53 PM

They actually did ban a lot of accounts that had nothing to do with the cards, it was like a half ass job at looking like something got done, about as much as i expected loooooooooool

Meaning they did not really do the investigation thoroughly? Actually I am expecting that they would check the concerned accounts one by one....Unfortunately looks like they did not... I know someone who admitted that he really did the bug exploit but how come that his account was released? So that concludes only that they really don't even bother to check the log systems of accounts one by one....

#250 deathdelete

deathdelete

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, California
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:59 PM

Meaning they did not really do the investigation thoroughly? Actually I am expecting that they would check the concerned accounts one by one....Unfortunately looks like they did not... I know someone who admitted that he really did the bug exploit but how come that his account was released? So that concludes only that they really don't even bother to check the log systems of accounts one by one....

I know people who abused the bug and were never banned, people who bought the cards and were temp banned, people who tested the bug submitted a ticket about it and got perma banned, people who recieved the cards from friends and were perma banned and people who never even touched the cards and got perma banned or temp banned.

All in all this "investigation" made me loose more faith that -_- can be done properly, i mean yeah, did they do something about it? Yes. Was it done thoroughly? -_- NO. To make things even better the +9 cards still exist, so not only was the job done improperly, but the cause of the investigation was never dealt with.

So my only question is, what was the point?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users