[Classic] Jumping Janeway! - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Jumping Janeway!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#26 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 31 January 2015 - 02:28 AM

Seems like they finally fixed the Janeway exploit, I do hope that everyone who hoarded it and sold it got banned, saw a couple of chars from top tier guilds doing it too....

Please send a private message to CM Oda and CM Campitor with details and names to investigate.

#27 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:16 AM

Banning players for something gm's should have tested in the first place just hurts the game population more. Yes they shouldn't have exploited it but people always will if there is the chance. Also, it wouldn't have happened in the first place if they chose a mob most noobies could you know...kill. Then they would have never had to give out endow scrolls in the first place.

Edited by HikariYari, 31 January 2015 - 08:19 AM.

#28 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 31 January 2015 - 03:35 PM

Banning players for something gm's should have tested in the first place just hurts the game population more. Yes they shouldn't have exploited it but people always will if there is the chance. Also, it wouldn't have happened in the first place if they chose a mob most noobies could you know...kill. Then they would have never had to give out endow scrolls in the first place.

Pretty much this. My classic account has still essentially nothing on it, and I got to Gargoyles and just got wrecked.

Archer Skeletons were almost non-existent on the map, but at least they didn't wreck shop.

#29 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 31 January 2015 - 08:16 PM

Yeah its kinda sad that real, legit players (invested or not via WPE purchase) get the ban hammer quicker than a obvious group of bots respawning and sitting to heal in Payon/ bots roaming wolf map when usually they only do it fo the lulz and see if the GM's do anything about it (I've had friends who told me they are just playing around and eventually disposed of the accumulated converters). I say it shouldn't be a perma-ban but rather just a complete converter item wipeout/zeny reset prior to the character's first acquisition of them (including mailed ones/etc) and maybe a week ban at the most. Perma-ban seems a bit too much for something like that imo

I wonder what would have happened if someone spread that word out to newbies/etc. prior to the fix. Would they all get banned too? Or is this a case of "depends on how many ppl were involved(server pop's sake) and/or dont ban influencial ppl.

@Vmod: is there any way to fix the broken screenies? You know the B/W, wavvy ones? I have screenies in there showing various groups of ppl camping the npc for hours straight and with regular intervals to the kafra (or vend merchs)

#30 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 February 2015 - 07:06 PM

Gotta do something with Gargoyles..., I appreciate the auto warp, but...

Either you have a priest in the party or you are done... my assa has a really hard time at killing gargoyles..., been waiting for 1-2hs for party but nothing...

Ill suggest what I did earlier, create some kind of Eden Equipment Combo that can be used for Janeway quests...

Let ppl over lv 70 be warped to help with the quest

Edited by Sushi, 01 February 2015 - 07:14 PM.

#31 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 03 February 2015 - 09:14 PM

For Thief Bugs killing quest, Janeway should teleport players to the Knight Guild in Prontera where Recruiter is standing. Teleporting players to culvert entrance doesn't help because players need to walk back to the Knight Guild to apply with Recruiter before they can enter the culvert anyway.

#32 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:19 AM

For Thief Bugs killing quest, Janeway should teleport players to the Knight Guild in Prontera where Recruiter is standing. Teleporting players to culvert entrance doesn't help because players need to walk back to the Knight Guild to apply with Recruiter before they can enter the culvert anyway.

the field that janeway warps you to got a spawn bonus! instead of what, 10 thief bugs there? it has ~30ish, so while you're warped right to culvert, the field itself has the bugs too. culvert is still easier, so maybe have a choice in teleport? the field or the knight guild, perhaps.

#33 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

the field that janeway warps you to got a spawn bonus! instead of what, 10 thief bugs there? it has ~30ish, so while you're warped right to culvert, the field itself has the bugs too. culvert is still easier, so maybe have a choice in teleport? the field or the knight guild, perhaps.

Oh my bad. I don't know there are Thief Bugs in the field too. I was warped in front of the culvert so I thought they want me to kill in there. LOL

#34 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 07:03 AM

Just for fun, here are some suggestions for the possible 70-95 expansion.

70-80: Greatest Generals

80-90: Pitmans

90-95: Groves, Geographers or maybe Hill winds 

Edited by Xplay4eva, 22 February 2015 - 04:36 AM.

#35 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:41 PM

We found that the recruiter NPC warps players down to the culverts anyways so we're making that change this week! 

#36 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 01:51 PM

Is there any way you can just have Janeway award you with access or just remove the quest requirement from the Culverts entrance guy? Warping you into a room with 12 NPCs of which you only care about 1 seems a little bit overwhelming. Honestly the change you made to the Prontera Field map is enough to get the quest done and I dont even bother going down to the Culverts to complete that step of Janeway.

#37 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:06 PM

Is there any way you can just have Janeway award you with access or just remove the quest requirement from the Culverts entrance guy? Warping you into a room with 12 NPCs of which you only care about 1 seems a little bit overwhelming. Honestly the change you made to the Prontera Field map is enough to get the quest done and I dont even bother going down to the Culverts to complete that step of Janeway.

Though there are some thief bugs in the field, I find killing thief bugs in the culvert much more pleasant because of smaller map and ease of walking. The field is huge and a lot of trees, it is kinda hard to find one thief bug compared to the culvert (not to mention there are branched mob in the field from time to time). Familiars are not that problematic tho given that Janeway gave so much Red Potions.

Edited by Kebtung, 09 March 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#38 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:18 PM

^I hope you love getting mobbed :heh:

Spoiler

#39 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts

Posted 09 March 2015 - 11:53 PM

^I hope you love getting mobbed :heh:

Spoiler

Actually no I never get mobbed till death there. There are more thief bugs than in the field but not too many to mob you badly. Red Potions can outpot them.

About the artwork, I can take it out and change to other pics if you don't like it.

Edited by Kebtung, 09 March 2015 - 11:54 PM.

#40 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1099 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 10 March 2015 - 09:16 AM

no no it's okay i'm cool with it :heh:

#41 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:24 PM

Buff skeleton archer spawns please, that one takes the longest

#42 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:17 AM

Buff skeleton archer spawns please, that one takes the longest

By about how much do you think would be useful?

#43 Razuya

Razuya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 11 March 2015 - 06:51 AM

At least 4x the amount for that quest. Or just make it 35-40 constantly.

#44 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:34 PM

2-4x, there are hardly any on floor 2. 2x floor 3 

#45 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 02:22 AM

I recommend just removing the timed archers in floor 2. if you leave the 30 on 5 minutes and then add another 15-30 if there's nobody down there for a while it'll get pretty scary quite quickly. But right now it's definitely one of the slowest sections and not because of any reason other than scarcity.

#46 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 05:02 AM

Are the archers in pyramid 2nd floor timed too?

#47 Ithica

Ithica

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:21 AM

pitman is fine, i just hate the skeleton archers, winging around forever to find one

#48 SainCat

SainCat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 26 March 2015 - 09:45 AM

As a really, REALLY new player I have to say that killing Pitman at level 60 is hard as hell. My Rogue, who has (thanks to KP) some Equipment (VVS Fire Dama, Hard Coat, Ganster Scarf, Musketeer Hat, 2x Clip of Mustle) just can't kill them. I only deal 70-80 Damage, but even though I've got HP-boosting equips I am a two-hit-victim to them... I just started grinding other monsters now. It's not doable for me.

#49 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:41 AM

dokebis

#50 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 March 2015 - 06:16 PM

We reduced the respawn time for the skel archers, let us know if it works better for you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users