[Classic] Jumping Janeway! - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Jumping Janeway!

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

#51 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:26 AM

Hey oda I did the skel archer quest with my thief who was 59-45 it not even give me any job exp so I could job change. I made this char before Jumping Janeway and decided to comeback recently why does janeway not realize that maybe someone is leveled the hard way and just needs to get job exp. I cant really remake char because its on non vip account.

Maybe you should remove the bots from floor 2.

#52 Skyelover

Skyelover

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 05:21 PM

We reduced the respawn time for the skel archers, let us know if it works better for you

Hmm. I'm still don't feel like it. Same thing. Plus, with the bots down there make it almost impossible to find them. Maybe I'm too slow :v

#53 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:58 AM

I created a character over the weekend to party with a friend new to the Classic server and used Jumping Janeway. Overall, it was a pleasant experience and much faster than traditional leveling. Since I had prior knowledge of the issues with the cursed armor, we avoided that NPC altogether. However, once we job  changed, Janeway offered a new weapon and asked us to choose from a list. After choosing a weapon, I spoke to her again and got the same speech. I declined the offer and spoke to her again, only to be offered a new weapon again. I accepted and received a second weapon identical to the first and was allowed to continue to the next kill count. My friend had to accept three weapons before it allowed him to continue. 

#54 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:38 PM

archers still bad

#55 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:39 PM

I hunt archers at floor 3 instead, yes its still bot infested but at least all the archer spawns are in the middle(coz bots hate overmobbed munak/bonguns/hydras), takes about 20~30 mins for me and my newbie party to accomplish.

Edited by Phil, 06 April 2015 - 08:41 PM.

#56 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 09 April 2015 - 01:24 AM

Maybe it's the time of day but I don't see too many bots in floor 3 around 2 pm - 5 pm PST server time.

#57 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 09 April 2015 - 10:12 PM

Hey oda I did the skel archer quest with my thief who was 59-45 it not even give me any job exp so I could job change. I made this char before Jumping Janeway and decided to comeback recently why does janeway not realize that maybe someone is leveled the hard way and just needs to get job exp. I cant really remake char because its on non vip account.

Maybe you should remove the bots from floor 2.

The same happened to me, appearently you need to make the janeway quests in order; never do skeletons without becoming 2-1/2-2.

Edited by Psicratus, 18 June 2015 - 12:43 PM.

#58 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 10 April 2015 - 09:38 AM

You'll get to 60 and no job exp, Make Sure not to do the pitman quest till you're 2nd job.

#59 onlyinca

onlyinca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 63 posts
  • Server:Chos. Loki

Posted 15 April 2015 - 12:24 AM

What to do when u selected the wrong equipment. Is there a way to exchange it for your appraise class. I wasn't sure if soul linker can use books.

Also can the red novice pots be weightless like it says in the description. I couldn't transcend until I figure out it was those pots

#60 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil
  • Server:Ragnarok Transcendence

Posted 15 April 2015 - 08:03 AM

Teleport to Baylan or beach_dun3 when you get the Thara Frog quest. Help.

#61 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:46 AM

Increase the number of skel archers (5x more). Is ridiculous walk for a map and so hard to find a single skel archers to kill...

#62 Ramses

Ramses

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 861 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 11:15 AM

or just make them instant

#63 Xandyzor

Xandyzor

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 610 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 18 April 2015 - 03:12 AM

or just make them instant

So Both

#64 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 07:46 PM

I just did a run through on a FS Aco. It's really awkward as you dont get a Janeway weapon until after Boas so you're stuck with a novice mace because you cant use the Dagger it gives you in the training grounds.It's fine doing thief bugs/zombies but boas is pretty slow.

Also after getting the goto for the shoes I skim read through the quest text and talking to the NPC again didnt give any indication about where in Alberta I needed to go, had to hop on another guy and start the shoe part so I knew where the NPC was. A follow up directing you to the boat in Alberta is probably going to be pretty useful. Also there's nothing after the Assassin in Payon telling you that shoes are now available and who to speak to to get them (I'm pretty sure anyway).

#65 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 09 May 2015 - 06:46 PM

been running a few chars through janeway, would there necessarily be a problem with throwing players ~20 fwings/an aspd pot here and there? maybe throw in a mention to get entry to culverts for thief bugs. not something anyone who's played wouldn't know, but i did actually get someone in my stream tonight that just wondered what the game was at all.

#66 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 09 May 2015 - 11:13 PM

Dont players who go through training grounds get a handful of fly wings to use? Teaching players about the attack speed pots could be nice just give them a short dialogue for the Thief Bug Quest teaching them about Conc pots and just award them the buff the same way you did with the endows, tell them there's three types you can only use on certain classes at certain levels and direct them to the buff icon on the right.

They should just remove the quest requirement to get into the Culverts, unless there's some really weird reason they cant do it.

#67 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 10 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

There's a difference between making something that's too hard a little easier, and absolute entitlement easy mode. Yeah, it may be a hassle to move a few cells north from the Culvert entrance NPC to the Kafra NPC, getting a pront warp pass, using it, walking to the recruiter and receiving some free stuff, and getting teleported to the Culvert entrance NPC again. But honestly, that's the easiest entrance quest in the game. And besides, instead of doing that, I always kill thief bugs on the field. The spawn rate could be better, which results in having to walking around a bit, but you'd be walking more in the culvert trying to find them due to having to walk across all those bridges and such. The spawns aren't any better in the Culvert, and they're all most likely spawning on the far side of the map due to people killing them near the entrance.

Also, especially for level 10 characters, the familiars can hit hard. No familiars on the field map...

#68 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:18 PM

Tried running a couple character though the Janeway stuff.  Haven't had an issue with Archers oddly enough but my rogue, caster soul linker, dagger of counter crit linker, and a friend's bard with my newbie (and sub par gear) FS priest all get slaughtered by pitmen.

What about Alligators?  Comodo Field 1 is pretty safe.

Or maybe Side Winders on Veins Field 07?

Ground Petites even?

I'd even rather fight Greatest Generals with a melee.

Or Cruisers and/or Myst Cases?

#69 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:34 AM

pitmen was seriously the dumbest idea for a kill count for gearless noobs. those things hit hella hard once they fury and are hard to hit. that doesn't even get into the traps that they lay HURT and the fact that they're on a map with a rather powerful mini boss that even a small party of noobs would probably not be able to take down unless an established player tanked it

the few times i go to asgard, all i typically see are new players trying to find a party or ask for help because they can't kill the pitmen

Edited by Ecclesio, 13 May 2015 - 08:35 AM.

#70 Taterat

Taterat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:41 AM

the few times i go to asgard, all i typically see are new players trying to find a party or ask for help because they can't kill the pitmen

Encouraging partying in an MMORPG game? How dare they!

Seriously, I have met some cool people that have encouraged me to stay longer(I bet they can say the same since they still play). Janeway is supposed to be for new players to stay.

Keep Pitmen.

#71 maelstorm123

maelstorm123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 142 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 08:45 AM

Tried running a couple character though the Janeway stuff.  Haven't had an issue with Archers oddly enough but my rogue, caster soul linker, dagger of counter crit linker, and a friend's bard with my newbie (and sub par gear) FS priest all get slaughtered by pitmen.

What about Alligators?  Comodo Field 1 is pretty safe.

Or maybe Side Winders on Veins Field 07?

Ground Petites even?

I'd even rather fight Greatest Generals with a melee.

Or Cruisers and/or Myst Cases?

Comodo field 1 is full of bots. Its impossible to find any alligator to kill for yourself... such a shame

#72 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:14 AM

Encouraging partying in an MMORPG game? How dare they!

Seriously, I have met some cool people that have encouraged me to stay longer(I bet they can say the same since they still play). Janeway is supposed to be for new players to stay.

Keep Pitmen.

lol cute. i'm not against party play. don't twist my words, troll. it wouldn't be a bad thing to encourage party play if there was actually a decent population of new players and people that party with new players on this server.

the current parties are mostly in ID3, AL3, and Bio3. do you think i'm suggesting that those get removed, too, because those monsters hit hard? lolol

ya i'm sure the parties that i have helped get through the pitmen task are super grateful and want to stay, however i cannot always be in asgard helping new players.

Edited by Ecclesio, 13 May 2015 - 09:16 AM.

#73 Taterat

Taterat

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 09:57 AM

the current parties are mostly in ID3, AL3, and Bio3. do you think i'm suggesting that those get removed, too, because those monsters hit hard? lolol

Oh, I definitely think that! :hmm: 2hard4me

As a relatively new player, I have always found a party for Pitmen so I didn't see how population is a factor (both opening up a chat and with existing players).

#74 Xaurym

Xaurym

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgarts Kingdom
  • Server:Loki

Posted 10 June 2015 - 07:11 AM

I can never find groups for pitmen. I suggest Greatest Generals or Metalings (they have divest, so it's still challenging). Maybe Evil Druids?

On the 6 characters I've made I've never gotten a group for pitmen, so I never do the 60-70 Janeway quest.

#75 XPoke

XPoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 07:16 AM

I can never find groups for pitmen. I suggest Greatest Generals or Metalings (they have divest, so it's still challenging). Maybe Evil Druids?

On the 6 characters I've made I've never gotten a group for pitmen, so I never do the 60-70 Janeway quest.

do what I do, use janeway to make an alt wizard with level 10 SG

put yourself on follow and profit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users