Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap - Page 14 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#326 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:21 PM

Saving the Classic:

1 - Restart the server;

2 - NPC with reset, that leaves the player at level 99 (who plays a classic server are usually people who played and liked ragnarok this epoch and generally work and study, has no time to level up);

3 - Instead of VIP level to gain faster, sell scrolls of 30 min to pick up loots and cards with % higher (20%) and would lower the chance of finding loot and acrds in the game.

Reduce tho bots, the developer will win sell wpe and distribute scrolls for those who enjoy/share the server on social networks!!!

why would that even help?

#327 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:42 PM

They should make a RO that runs through a browser and make it into a FB game, well still providing the real game. Or have a beginner "instant" dung that has a play time of 30 min or so on a web based browser then link to the actual game. Get that -_- passing around on a social network....

Prob impossible, but great free advertisement. 

#328 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 March 2015 - 06:46 PM

Saving the Classic:

1 - Restart the server;

2 - NPC with reset, that leaves the player at level 99 (who plays a classic server are usually people who played and liked ragnarok this epoch and generally work and study, has no time to level up);

3 - Instead of VIP level to gain faster, sell scrolls of 30 min to pick up loots and cards with % higher (20%) and would lower the chance of finding loot and acrds in the game.

Reduce tho bots, the developer will win sell wpe and distribute scrolls for those who enjoy/share the server on social networks!!!

4 - PvP all map kill the bots on

5 - KvM

tumblr_lrciolLX4j1r33ggio1_500.gif

#329 HikariYari

HikariYari

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 789 posts
  • Server:Roundbeck

Posted 19 March 2015 - 08:29 PM

Saving the Classic:

1 - Restart the server;

4 - PvP all map kill the bots on

5 - KvM

PvP enabled maps would be interesting.

To be truthful about the rest, none of those ideas will help the server just run it into the ground worse than how they introduced the server in the first place.

#330 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:05 PM

WTB PVP enabled rewarding maps pls

#331 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:22 AM

It's not on the table to consider a reset of Classic. A full reset of the game would only make sense if we had the resources to be able to widely advertise the "new" server and that's pretty difficult to do. Right now, we're getting the biggest physical marketing push we've had in years in the Philippines, and we are strongly encouraging them to be playing on Classic. 

#332 Kuej

Kuej

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 06:58 AM

It's not on the table to consider a reset of Classic. A full reset of the game would only make sense if we had the resources to be able to widely advertise the "new" server and that's pretty difficult to do. Right now, we're getting the biggest physical marketing push we've had in years in the Philippines, and we are strongly encouraging them to be playing on Classic. 

What? Isn't that the best time to reset then?

Edited by Kuej, 20 March 2015 - 06:58 AM.

#333 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 07:14 AM

I propose that there should be a way to get other VIP duration options (1 day or 1 week) even if its slightly more expensive that its 1 month counterpart. Maybe like premium stones (just like the reset stones = temporary Overlook dungeon access in Renewal) or something in the kafra store. Some ppl can't really commit/play for a month(or just use a specific character for something) and its driving them away from purchasing VIP status coz they see it as a waste instead.

I think it would be beneficial for both server revenue and player quality of life changes if this is implemented. Any thoughts on this Oda?

#334 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:49 AM

What? Isn't that the best time to reset then?

The main thrust of the marketing is for the new Thor server we're opening up and the migration of pRO accounts. It's still not the classic focused advertising that would be needed. 

I propose that there should be a way to get other VIP duration options (1 day or 1 week) even if its slightly more expensive that its 1 month counterpart. Maybe like premium stones (just like the reset stones = temporary Overlook dungeon access in Renewal) or something in the kafra store. Some ppl can't really commit/play for a month(or just use a specific character for something) and its driving them away from purchasing VIP status coz they see it as a waste instead.

I think it would be beneficial for both server revenue and player quality of life changes if this is implemented. Any thoughts on this Oda?

I was talking with Heim and other producers and they're open to the idea, I've been working on a proposal on the basis that it would encourage people to VIP accounts (people who can't play all month or alt accounts) that they ordinarily wouldn't.

#335 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 March 2015 - 08:56 AM

The main thrust of the marketing is for the new Thor server we're opening up and the migration of pRO accounts. It's still not the classic focused advertising that would be needed. 

I was talking with Heim and other producers and they're open to the idea, I've been working on a proposal on the basis that it would encourage people to VIP accounts (people who can't play all month or alt accounts) that they ordinarily wouldn't.

One of the best ways to approach this is making an item in game that generates a code for VIP when redeemed, which you would enter on the site.

This way, people can choose to sell the item to others without the risk of being scammed.

VIP is already extremely cheap in the grand scheme of things. The only problem is the people who don't have payment options in their regions.

#336 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:20 AM

you're going to kill your own game that way.  Influx of players would mean absolutely nothing if the problems that have plagued classic is still plaguing classic.  They will all quit after getting fed up with just being farmed by everyone else.  The pve players will all quit after they realize that there will never be any fresh content to try.  Your best bet for long term player retention is to have a non toxic and fun woe environment that appeals to the hard core pvpers.  The phillipine transfer is the best opportunity to start fresh and if you don't take advantage of it and plan for long term player retention then i don't even know what to say.  That is by far the dumbest marketing decision you can make if you're planning for anything else than a quick cash grab.

Offer character transfers to renewal and break any god items into pieces, no mvp/miniboss cards for transfers, limit all item stacks to 100, and limit zeny to 5 mill per level.

Disparity of power between mvp/god geared players and non godded out players is too great in the classic setting. Disable or reduce the effects of gods and mvp's for woe, remove woe supply boxes from guild dungeons and shift it to anywhere else that can't be dominated by the top guilds.  Or hell remove woe supply boxes entirely.  WoE is suppose to be about group effort.

Doddler was right, Gum and VIP drop rates create a huge divide between the players in the pve setting.  Why invite a killer with no gum and no vip when you can invite a killer with gum and vip?  By creating this divide between haves and have nots you're adding to a toxic environment between players.  Non vip/gummed players shouldn't be limited to the support roles when doing ET or mvp hunting. 

Server wipe then remove gum and vip drop bonuses, and increase drop rates by 50% for all non gear/card items.  To compensate give vip players free warps/storage/whatever kafra fees, double exp and triple storage slots or something, something that will not bias players in any way in regards to character selection for group play.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 02:52 PM.

#337 Rang

Rang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:59 AM

you're going to kill your own game that way.  Influx of players would mean absolutely nothing if the problems that have plagued classic is still plaguing classic.  They will all quit after getting fed up with just being farmed by everyone else.  The pve players will all quit after they realize that there will never be any fresh content to try.  Your best bet for long term player retention is to have a non toxic and fun woe environment that appeals to the hard core pvpers.  The phillipine transfer is the best opportunity to start fresh and if you don't take advantage of it and plan for long term player retention then i don't even know what to say.  That is by far the dumbest marketing decision you can make if you're planning for anything else than a quick cash grab.

Offer character transfers to renewal and break any god items into pieces, no mvp/miniboss cards for transfers, limit all item stacks to 100, and limit zeny to 5 mill per level.

Disparity of power between mvp/god geared players and non godded out players is too great in the classic setting. Disable or reduce the effects of gods and mvp's for woe, remove woe supply boxes from guild dungeons and shift it to anywhere else that can't be dominated by the top guilds.  Or hell remove woe supply boxes entirely.  WoE is suppose to be about group effort.

Doddler was right, Gum and VIP drop rates create a huge divide between the players in the pve setting.  Why invite a killer with no gum and no vip when you can invite a killer with gum and vip?  By creating this divide between haves and have nots you're adding to a toxic environment between players.  Non vip/gummed players shouldn't be limited to the support roles when doing ET or mvp hunting. 

Server wipe then remove gum and vip drop bonuses, and increase drop rates by 50% for all non gear/card items.  To compensate give vip players free warps/storage/whatever kafra fees, double exp and triple storage slots or something, something that will not bias players in any way in regards to character selection for group play.

That doesn't sound fun at all. I, personally, would never play on a server like what you described.

#338 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:36 AM

i agree with most of what you say, but not with removing GSBs. there are ways to get GSBs besides guild dungeons. bio3 monsters drop GSBs way more than anything in the GDs (which btw the only decent GD right now is luina, the others are trash). and the woe 2 GD monsters dont even drop GSBs! which quite frankly is a travesty considering how difficult they are compared to the weakling monsters in the woe 1 GDs

also ftr monsters that exist in GD but also spawn outside of it drop GSBs...such as mini demons in geffenia and anything in ET.

#339 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 March 2015 - 12:28 PM

I don't think people realize that classic started on a fresh and equal server basis and is just being plagued by the problems of even a vanilla server. Just at an accelerated rate. There's no winning answer here folks, if they modify the game, the people who want to play "real RO, not a pserver" will not like it. If they don't modify it, you kind of end up with what we have now. Just that on a purely unmodified server it would happen a couple years later.

I for one play iRO because it has gods and mvps and miniboss items and doesn't undergo server wipes. And is about bigger things than just "lol gvg me bro".

GSBs work in such a way that they require group effort. I know the majority of our GSB were coming from bio3 for quite a long time which was "totes amazeballs". No really, they RNG out the items, the most efficient way is to have everyone pitch in X amount of GSB and everyone gets something back. This works because they don't feel as if they are carrying another class and it works really well in a group dynamic.

And I am happy that it removes a huge amount of supply stress and shifts advantages away from botters which are not really realistically feasible to keep up with catching. We need more GSB outside of GD and bio, but the GSB concept is good.

Gum and vip affecting drop rates has always been toxic. It will never not be. But hey renewal has that so go ahead, server wipe renewal too! Unless the staff can acknowledge the issues bought up from vip+gum+drop events, then any fresh classic server is doomed to the same accelerated aging process.

I disagree strongly with guildleaders feeling pressured to VIP+gum to keep up - it is actually extremely unfair. But that is also chalked up to a flaw in game design (treasure from mobs, really?)

Otherwise, just shrug it off and admit the classic server is 4x its age. That's basically the issue. And look at this community, most of them can't handle it if it's not that easy. They want everything fast and quick with no thoughts to these issues. Look at how fast they want their god items, look at how they couldn't stand low drop rates on certain items. Look at how they want castles to stack up econ with zero effort. It's a community problem.

tldr; if you imagine hard enough that classic is many years older, you'll see it played out like any normal server would. Just faster.

edit@ eccelsio : GD monsters may be easy, but if I catch you hunting down there, you'll appreciate how much easier bio 3 is, much love. :p_laugh:
(what I'm saying is, pvp enabled map with easy monsters is supposed to be riskier than bio3)

Edited by Xellie, 20 March 2015 - 12:30 PM.

#340 Xeio

Xeio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

Something low on the priority list but should be looked at a bit. Would be a time based vip sub, I really only pick up the game for woe or a random hour here or there but I don't really play my account all too much these days. However I'm always plagued with 450/300 inventory slots making it hard to move account bound gear IE. BG sets between shared classes without getting rid of say everything in my storage. If I had some vip buff that worked on the weekends for a month or at least like 30 hours, I wouldn't feel so annoyed with logging on even for woe or even playing for it, rather than paying for a month and getting about 6-8 hours total play time out of it.

But stuff to save this server comes first. Just want VIP to be a convenience and not a requirement.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 02:54 PM.

#341 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:20 PM

^ that so much

#342 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 02:46 PM

Yuuuup. I've got dudes spread across a bunch of accounts like I'm sure a lot of people do, having the ability to VIP an account for x hours or even just a weekend would be fantastic. 

#343 Phil

Phil

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 583 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 02:42 AM

Is this really the first time the idea was proposed lol?

#344 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:20 AM

Storage gym passes for the win.

#345 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:41 AM

The pve players will all quit after they realize that there will never be any fresh content to try. 

I would not necessarily agree with this, just depends if there is something for the pve crowd to do once they reach a high level. (the Challenge dungeon has potential if it were tweaked right and same goes for small scale pvp)

I see no need for a transfer system to Renewal. Maybe this server only needs to have a slightly different end game than the other one? The idea of not using the Trans feature does SOUND extreme but it would help set a different tone from Renewal and I keep hearing about how people would like something like this. (shrugs)

Of course all of that brings us to the highly controversial issue of resetting everything. Personally, I like the server quiet because it means less lag. (LOL) But assuming that we want a bigger population, I would say this:

Disabling trans is only possible with a reset. (it would not do much on an already established server)

I could not say why the market is how it is but it does not look like it is in good shape. (which scares away new potential merchants)

Even though I have a stack of dear event items that I would miss, I am still not opposed to the idea of a carefully managed Classic reset.

Lots of options, it is just hard to predict which ones would turn out the best.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 24 March 2015 - 04:03 PM.

#346 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:44 AM

but why is a reset even necessary? what would it help or change?

#347 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 04:59 AM

Common answer is so that people can start on the ground floor. Be on equal terms with everyone else. Problem is that the same kind of stuff would happen, unchecked since no safeguards are or have ever really been in place, and people joining the server AFTER the first few godly creations or MVP drops would be in exactly the same boat as many QQers are in now. Can't compete. Gear disparities. OP temp box gear. Low turnouts. Toxic steamroller WoE environment. Cycle repeats.

A reset wouldn't do any good but to sweep the problem under the rug for a bit, till it grows hairy legs and a big set of fangs, and creeps back out.

#348 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:12 AM

ppl acting like classic isn't only 2 years old or something with no outside influence

#349 Xplay4eva

Xplay4eva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:29 AM

Common answer is so that people can start on the ground floor. Be on equal terms with everyone else. Problem is that the same kind of stuff would happen, unchecked since no safeguards are or have ever really been in place, and people joining the server AFTER the first few godly creations or MVP drops would be in exactly the same boat as many QQers are in now. Can't compete. Gear disparities. OP temp box gear. Low turnouts. Toxic steamroller WoE environment. Cycle repeats.

Well, the thought of a reset is more for the sake of general population. The thing with MVP's and WOE and balancing all of that is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by Xplay4eva, 21 March 2015 - 05:31 AM.

#350 etansit

etansit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts
  • Server:Classical Conditioning

Posted 21 March 2015 - 05:31 AM

but why is a reset even necessary? what would it help or change?

It wouldn't help. You have to change the behavior of the person wanting the "divorce". Otherwise, you're just going to end up divorced again. I.e. Classic 2.0 gets wiped in 2-3 years again. People DON'T generally change unless something fundamentally life altering happens. Example would be threatening a closure of Gravity as their stock has actually gone slightly up in 5 days.

You can keep that momentum by continuing to listen to your core players and increasing the fun per hour as it's coined in other games... ^^. Make the game fun, rewarding, challenging and most of all always set the player up for success even if they fail but most importantly, don't let the player feel all hope is lost if they fail. This game can be brutal at times but certain mechanics in WoE strongly discourage players to continue playing against others as it is demoralizing. Certain gears and items are unbelievably annoying to acquire without massive help.

At the present moment, this game doesn't have the community to enable newbies to be successful so they definitely need a catch up! Jumping Janeway is definitely a great intention but after level 70, what am i to do as a new player? We must guide them to easy and then moderate quests. Empower them with the gear that can enable them to be successful to make this server thrive WITHOUT having to afk farm BG because that is ridiculous.

Retention needs to be number 1 right now and nobody can convince me otherwise. Our guild treats newbies like family. Sometimes they leave but we love them just the same. Gravity please extend that to the incoming trickle of of new community members, especially pRO. ^^

Edit: Changed wall of texts to easy to read paragraphs, because ,"eyeballs".

Edited by etansit, 21 March 2015 - 05:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users