Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap - Page 5 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic 2015 Q1 Roadmap

• Please log in to reply
483 replies to this topic

#101 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:09 PM

There's still a bunch of stuff missing from the game. Lets get New World stuff and KvM into the game/meta first and then consider making some pretty out there changes to MVP cards if they're still a problem.

Edit: As for advertisement I think Twitch is a big deal these days, the GMs have been doing a bit of streaming here and there. But if they can get a way for more people to actually stream it or watch it, it will raise awareness and tickle some peoples nostalgia or find some new people who had no idea.

Another game I play has a mount code they give to streamers to give away to people watching their streams.  Maybe some cool little kawaii headgear code for RO Streamers?  Or even better a hat that dropped orange potions 100% from monsters to help new players?

#102 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:10 PM

Just flying kick their link off, stalker should be able to get through a cp precast at least sometimes. I never remember having a problem delinking hibram hwiz. KVM armor set/rings would help though. Not sure how ridiculous guardians are on classic though with all the "classic" changes though.

<selfmod>

I don't think many stalkers can get through. Even with GTB its like.... ok so you have the bs infinite sp/high damage gear fists in high numbers to eat. It's not really realistic.

I can't think of any other mvp card that stacks in that manner.

If only you could stack gtbs :P

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 01:47 PM.

#103 Tychon

Tychon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:15 PM

Wouldn't it be cool if MVP Cards, Miniboss Cards and God Items added something to the sprite?  Like if you did have the card, you'd get an aura or spirit sphere or icon?  Then you could know you to fear and if someone was chasing your around without a MP, you would know they were cheating.  

#104 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:17 PM

Tbh it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what card every other guild was concerned thats op. Kvm is the balancing act for specialized gear/gods it's what helps newer guilds establish a foot hold in woe without investing large sums of time/zeny to combat the rng Jesus who bestows op mvp cards to all of the land

#105 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2015 - 12:20 PM

in this thread we pretend god and mvp users don't benefit from kvm on top of their crap

#106 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2015 - 01:42 PM

positional mistakes stacked all on one tile on the spawn point you heard it here first

#107 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:05 PM

Another game I play has a mount code they give to streamers to give away to people watching their streams.  Maybe some cool little kawaii headgear code for RO Streamers?  Or even better a hat that dropped orange potions 100% from monsters to help new players?

i want to give things away LET ME GIVE THINGS AWAY AAAAAAAA

best i can usually manage right now is running through janeway with someone or giving them a weapon/some slotted armor/maybe a nice hat if it's cheap. i have zeny but i also have plans for that zeny :c

#108 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

I think I'm done responding here, because people can't really get past the fact that WoE 2 and WoE 1 are completely different entities and seem to think that failure to safetywall equates to the same thing as not being able to ME in a CP.

There's also a really low comprehension of what "counter" truly means.

Just remember they're talking about MODIFYING the cards, not DISABLING THEM.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 01:51 PM.

#109 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

Just remember they're talking about MODIFYING the cards, not DISABLING THEM.

Good thing to remind people. PLEASE NERF IFRIT CARD IT IS SO BAD..

#110 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:02 PM

Another game I play has a mount code they give to streamers to give away to people watching their streams. Maybe some cool little kawaii headgear code for RO Streamers? Or even better a hat that dropped orange potions 100% from monsters to help new players?

I think we could generate some codes for a week VIP or other giveaway stuff for streamers. If you guys have suggestion post them here and I'll work on that next week.

#111 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 23 January 2015 - 05:36 PM

H wiz with fbh. Lex and sd them. The one thing i can kill with my sinx sd. Others i cant kill. Yes!

#112 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 23 January 2015 - 09:54 PM

Any suspicious items or illegal activities should be reported through Ticket System and ticket numbers can be sent to CMs and Warnhal for further investigations. Throwing accusations over these boards is not tolerated and does not help. Please stay on topic.

Edited by VModCinnamon, 23 January 2015 - 09:56 PM.

#113 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:02 PM

How about bringing back some old players by allowing transfering of old characters from Loki, Chaos, etc to Classic? It was brought up in discussion here a while ago: http://forums.warppo...fers/?p=1916169

I'm guessing the reason it never happened was because there wasn't enough interest. But what do you guys think?

Edited by Zodiac89, 24 January 2015 - 07:03 PM.

#114 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 07:07 PM

How about bringing back some old players by allowing transfering of old characters from Loki, Chaos, etc to Classic? It was brought up in discussion here a while ago: http://forums.warppo...fers/?p=1916169

I'm guessing the reason it never happened was because there wasn't enough interest. But what do you guys think?

lmao long time no see.

Also yes that would be amazing. Problem is that it would have to be done by hand. Apparently the DBs are pretty incompatible and xfers can't be automated in a VAS-type service.

Also no one trusts the GMs to do it without bringing over illegal items or messing up parameters. No offense to them but I don't either.

#115 Kazaa

Kazaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:48 PM

Stop talking about nerfing MVP cards, do something about MVP cards like Irfit,moonlight etc.

#116 Kazaa

Kazaa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 08:51 PM

I dont see any reason to nerf MVP cards in woe/pvm 

#117 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 January 2015 - 12:30 AM

A comment pertinent to WoE 1

I saw something amazing today, 2 decently sized (tho unexperienced) guilds battling it out against eachother. My question to these guilds is

Why don't you take part in WoE 2? What is it that keeps you from taking part? Time? Situations? WoE 2 not being your "thing"? Please speak up.

#118 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:25 AM

For us t5o, timezone is cruel. Majority of us gmt+8, its 6-8am, where we are on my way to work. If woe 1 was brought a day earlier, and woe 2 is on woe 1 time, we sure to join.

It's hard enough to wake up 5-7am, but manageable with alarm clock tho, lol.

Woe 2 also we do not know how it works, willing to learn.

#119 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 25 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

What about fridays pst for you?

Friday was better for my guild in the past tbh

#120 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

Friday pst is saturday to us. Perfect timing

#121 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 25 January 2015 - 07:27 PM

We need to, somehow, incentivise smaller guilds and lessen the benefits for newer (or returning) players to just merge into established guilds and steamroll with numbers. Players that find themselves wanting to WoE but feeling they can't, given the impression they'll be unable to compete against the big guys, are just folding into them instead of trying to fight against them. It leads to stagnation of the WoE scene, and that's if said players don't just quit. This also goes for players that fold in for the sake of winning, rather than for competition.

A lot of small to moderately-sized guilds skirmishing in a number of forts is, in my opinion, more sustainable (and more fun) than two large alliances clashing together in a single fort and brushing the small guilds aside, or letting them run around uncontested until one of the big guys shows up for a last minute break and absolutely crushes them.

#122 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:14 PM

Ok, this is honestly my last attempt to help. Delete this post if you want, ban me if you want, w/e. At the end of the day I'll still have lots of servers to play if I want to, but you may end up having to close doors.

I'd really like to keep playing on iRO Classic tho..

Well, let's do this:

The first problem is that Oda/WP is asking the question "what would make you play iRO Classic" on the wrong place. He's asking it here where most people are already playing Ragnarok. WP makes no effort at all to advertise iRO (Classic or not) on medium that people actually go to. You don't see WP making AMAs on Reddit (go check another gaming companies, they DO that, makes it seem like they care you know?), etc...

I made a thread on Reddit. If WP staff wants to read it or not it's their problem. It's not my money/job who's on the line, I'm just a player.

Which leads us to the second problem: It appears that WP doesn't like hearing/reading the truth if it's something that makes them uncomfortable. You gotta change that if you want to survive in this worlds' competition. Every time I tried to tell the truth here I got censored. My posts would be deleted (sometimes they say "oh it was only 'hidden', not deleted" as if it makes any difference in practice) and I even got myself a nice 3-day ban on the forums.

Campitor: Removed section about another user and possible relationships with staff. As far as I know that user has no outside relationship with staff members beyond being a member of the community. However if you believe that they are unduly influencing staff decisions then you may contact myself, Oda or Holden from the RO1 team. If you are uncomfortable with contacting anyone from the RO1 team please feel free to contact Maridah, Njoror, or Warnhal about this. Please note that we have heard your concerns; however, this is not the place the air them as doing so here will only lead to forum issues pushing this thread off track and taking away from the good and fair points made in this post.

The threads I made are pretty new so there's not too much info on them yet, but some trends appear to be constant in the complaints.

-Excessive Botting (I'm pretty sure you all know this too well, you even protect some of them)

-Lag (Classic has around 500 users online and lags more than pservers that has 1000+ users)

-Excessive p2w mechanics/items

-Lack of server transfers (honestly this is the only complain I can be on your side WP, I'm a IT guy and I can only immagine the hassle of doing this between Renewal and Classic, and Jumping Janeway is a good step in the right direction about this)

Oh look! No one is complaining about Eco Resets or MvP Cards!!! Strange isn't it? :hmm:

So what problems do you think you need to solve first? The botting/lag/p2w situation or Eco resets?

The links/proof are here:

http://www.reddit.co...ay_iro_classic/

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 01:54 PM.

#123 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:31 PM

Ok, this is honestly my last attempt to help. Delete this post if you want, ban me if you want, w/e. At the end of the day I'll still have lots of servers to play if I want to, but you may end up having to close doors.

I'd really like to keep playing on iRO Classic tho..

Well, let's do this:

The first problem is that Oda/WP is asking the question "what would make you play iRO Classic" on the wrong place. He's asking it here where most people are already playing Ragnarok. WP makes no effort at all to advertise iRO (Classic or not) on medium that people actually go to. You don't see WP making AMAs on Reddit (go check another gaming companies, they DO that, makes it seem like they care you know?), etc...

I made a thread on Reddit. If WP staff wants to read it or not it's their problem. It's not my money/job who's on the line, I'm just a player.

Which leads us to the second problem: It appears that WP doesn't like hearing/reading the truth if it's something that makes them uncomfortable. You gotta change that if you want to survive in this worlds' competition. Every time I tried to tell the truth here I got censored. My posts would be deleted (sometimes they say "oh it was only 'hidden', not deleted" as if it makes any difference in practice) and I even got myself a nice 3-day ban on the forums.

Campitor: Removed section about another user and possible relationships with staff. As far as I know that user has no outside relationship with staff members beyond being a member of the community. However if you believe that they are unduly influencing staff decisions then you may contact myself, Oda or Holden from the RO1 team. If you are uncomfortable with contacting anyone from the RO1 team please feel free to contact Maridah, Njoror, or Warnhal about this. Please note that we have heard your concerns; however, this is not the place the air them as doing so here will only lead to forum issues pushing this thread off track and taking away from the good and fair points made in this post.

The threads I made are pretty new so there's not too much info on them yet, but some trends appear to be constant in the complaints.

-Excessive Botting (I'm pretty sure you all know this too well, you even protect some of them)

-Lag (Classic has around 500 users online and lags more than pservers that has 1000+ users)

-Excessive p2w mechanics/items

-Lack of server transfers (honestly this is the only complain I can be on your side WP, I'm a IT guy and I can only immagine the hassle of doing this between Renewal and Classic, and Jumping Janeway is a good step in the right direction about this)

Oh look! No one is complaining about Eco Resets or MvP Cards!!! Strange isn't it?  :hmm:

So what problems do you think you need to solve first? The botting/lag/p2w situation or Eco resets?

The links/proof are here:

http://www.reddit.co...ay_iro_classic/

The issue is that you are derailing a useful point that you're bringing up like "ask players that don't play the server anymore" and "make sure not to listen to just a few specific people".  I appreciate that you are raising this question in places that we don't ask but you are just cutting the throat of your own post to be putting the fourth paragraph in there when you know what the reaction will be. 

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 01:55 PM.

#124 Hardc0re

Hardc0re

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:42 PM

It's an honest concern really. It sure seems like it for me when browsing the forums.

At least I know you read it before removing it, it's enough for me.

I know I may have an aggressive way of expressing myself, but I think it's the way it induces people to do more.

I know it may be looked down upon by Gravity if you advertise on <snip>. But on Reddit? It will do nothing but help you guys out.

Do a AMA on /r/ragnarokonline or even on /r/MMORPG. I'm pretty sure it will atract some people to both Classic and Renewal.

Edited by VModCoffee, 26 March 2015 - 01:56 PM.

#125 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 26 January 2015 - 04:53 PM

It's not the worst idea for reaching out to people, that's definitely possible for the near future. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users