[Call in an Airstrike!] Bot Patrol targeting coordinates requested [Read 1st post] - Page 6 - **Community Contests and Events** - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Call in an Airstrike!] Bot Patrol targeting coordinates requested [Read 1st post]

2744 replies to this topic

#126 Lolabeans

Lolabeans

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:44 AM

Think you's are missing the point about the banning people for vending x amount of items, it may look like a bot account but it could also be a genuine player, hence the gm's conducting air strikes on bots caught in the actual act of botting.

Edited by Lolabeans, 06 February 2015 - 02:44 AM.

#127 3305141201055603410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 04:21 AM

Think you's are missing the point about the banning people for vending x amount of items, it may look like a bot account but it could also be a genuine player, hence the gm's conducting air strikes on bots caught in the actual act of botting.

Personally those accounts that are vending dozens or hundreds of cards should be investigated heavily, but not banned outright. Especially if those cards don't seem connected, they could be from OCAs.

It's conceivable that a player who has been playing from beta has dozens of copies of random cards. From grinding new characters or from mass OCAs.

What is NOT conceivable is a player who has hundreds of cards from monsters that occupy a single dungeon. Say 100 Sohee, 100 Dokebi, 100 Ninetails cards. Either this player loves payon cave and has grinded all his characters from 1-175 in payon cave, or he bots.

I just went through ragial and searched for card. There's only one suspicious vender at the moment, but I remember lots more just a couple weeks ago. So the GMs must have taken down their account through the airstrike, or through the original suggestion of investigating suspect vends. Type in a commonly botted monster card then click on the card name to bring up the recent history, then click it again to bring up a more detailed history. Check out the quantities vended.

I wouldn't be surprised if botters would vend these cards through several different venders. 3 copies of a card isn't too strange, 10 raises a few eyebrows, 50 sets off alarm bells. 100+ they just don't give a flying -_-.

#128 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:12 AM

I think y'all are missing the point to this thread. It's really not for discussion about vending bots or anything. If you suspect someone of using those kind of bots, submit a ticket. This thread is for pointing out to Oda location of farming/leveling bots.

#129 Stocco

Stocco

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Iro-Chaos

Posted 06 February 2015 - 11:30 AM

Server: Chaos

Two places that i found botters and confirmed that they are

farming elder willows in prt_fild10,

farming firelocks in ama_dun01 (amatsu dungeon),

farming harpies and goats in yuno_filds 04/03

also payon dungeons  00 and 01 soldier skeletons are totally filled up with bots, hows that place not checked?

AIRSTRIKEZ!

Edited by Stocco, 06 February 2015 - 01:00 PM.

#130 1302130512125548817

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 01:17 PM

Time: Every day, all day. (At least that's how it looks.)

Map: Blooming Flower Land, spl_field02

Profile: In BFL, there's a ranger 24/7, for at least the last month, sometimes using a dagger. In spl_field02 there's a group that's been there roughly the same amount of time consisting of an AB, GX, and a few others. They go in the field, hunt, regather by the fishing hole in camp midgard (where storage is) and return. It was hard not to notice. 

hi i think you are talking to my character there my friend. i used dagger to heal myself and i used ranger character. so if i play all the time am i bot? are you crazy? 

#131 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 02:33 PM

Server : Loki
Time : various
Map: amatsu dungeon level 3
Profile: Crit sin x with support high priest

#132 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:29 PM

I think y'all are missing the point to this thread. It's really not for discussion about vending bots or anything. If you suspect someone of using those kind of bots, submit a ticket. This thread is for pointing out to Oda location of farming/leveling bots.

Nah, u understand me wrong. Not accusing those bulk venders totally all bot. But doesn't hurt to check the logs. Just throwing ideas. Instead of bombing the maps, and definitely they will come back. Whichever bots, surely if their asset holder get investigated will somehow stop them for quite some time. If gm only wants to control bot population, it's a repeatitive job for both classic and renewal and it will go on forever. People will scream for botters here and there, get pissed and quit. This, might, helps reduce botter significantly.

Just my 2 cents

Edited by AmericanPie, 06 February 2015 - 05:32 PM.

#133 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 05:39 PM

Nah, u understand me wrong. Not accusing those bulk venders totally all bot. But doesn't hurt to check the logs. Just throwing ideas. Instead of bombing the maps, and definitely they will come back. Whichever bots, surely if their asset holder get investigated will somehow stop them for quite some time. If gm only wants to control bot population, it's a repeatitive job for both classic and renewal and it will go on forever. People woll scream for botters here and there, get pissed and quit. This, might, helps reduce botter significantly.

Just my 2 cents

Your right, it would help significantly. However, this thread is for a quick call on heavily botted maps that can be targeted and eliminate as many leveling/farming bots as fast and efficiently as possible. Checking a just a single vendor to see what they're selling and where that stuff is coming from takes time and is best addressed in a ticket. Same with a vendor that's using a bot to restock their shops automatically. That takes time as well, seeing as how a GM really can't buy the stuff a person is vending. Best they can do is disconnect the vendor and see how quickly they relog and put their shop back up.

But to be honest, you misunderstand MY point. My point was, that if y'all want to have discussions about bots, this isn't the thread to do it in. This thread is 6 pages long now, and the CMs/GMs have to sift through posts to find the bot reports between all the chatting.

Edited by belld1711, 06 February 2015 - 05:42 PM.

#134 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:36 PM

Nah, u understand me wrong. Not accusing those bulk venders totally all bot. But doesn't hurt to check the logs. Just throwing ideas. Instead of bombing the maps, and definitely they will come back. Whichever bots, surely if their asset holder get investigated will somehow stop them for quite some time. If gm only wants to control bot population, it's a repeatitive job for both classic and renewal and it will go on forever. People will scream for botters here and there, get pissed and quit. This, might, helps reduce botter significantly.

Just my 2 cents

if you're suspicious of the items vendors are selling you should ticket it in.  posting here is kind of pointless since the GMs aren't necessarily looking at your post immediately, and they might not be around when they finally get to the ticket, or their items could be sold out.  you're not allowed to put their names on the forums either to start with so it's much more efficient to go the ticket route for that sort of thing.

Edited by Necrohealiac, 06 February 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#135 PIayboy

PIayboy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 769 posts
  • LocationRiding on a rainbow.

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:56 PM

Time: Probably there 24/7

Map: yuno_fild02

Profile: Sura with similar names and 99 battle priests all in same guild. random  Shadow Chasers farming there as well

probably they will turn off thier bots once they see this ...

Guess them strikes miss these guys?.. meh

#136 1302130512125548817

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

My opinion about bot is clearly nothing wrong with it as long as you have not taking advantage/disturbing other players who loves the game.  I don't believe these people complaining about bots that they don't bot themselves. I tried bot before and all my account was suspended until don't know when. But then if the GM's are really serious about banning bots come on probably all in prontera vending are bots. it might just be you and me playing the game. i bet the population with be too low.  but those bots are very important, especially those vendors because i look for stuff and they have it. I don't care that i know they are bot because i think the game needs it. If not those bots probably i am long gone from this game because honestly it's kind of boring killing the same monsters all the time just to hunt. I hope we can make a topic about making the bot okay on IRO and let's debate about the cons and pros of it. or it's even great if players will have some voice towards it by letting us vote if BOT is okay or not. how about that GM's. anyway it's my opinion. 

#137 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:16 PM

hi i think you are talking to my character there my friend. i used dagger to heal myself and i used ranger character. so if i play all the time am i bot? are you crazy?

keep your speech, let GM investigate you first. if you are clean, you dont have to worry.

#138 1302130512125548817

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:19 PM

keep your speech, let GM investigate you first. if you are clean, you dont have to worry.

lol i don't have to worry my friend! i can live without this game. but saying that i just enjoy this game. are you? i bet you are a botter as well? aye? 

#139 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:20 PM

My opinion about bot is clearly nothing wrong with it as long as you have not taking advantage/disturbing other players who loves the game. I don't believe these people complaining about bots that they don't bot themselves. I tried bot before and all my account was suspended until don't know when. But then if the GM's are really serious about banning bots come on probably all in prontera vending are bots. it might just be you and me playing the game. i bet the population with be too low. but those bots are very important, especially those vendors because i look for stuff and they have it. I don't care that i know they are bot because i think the game needs it. If not those bots probably i am long gone from this game because honestly it's kind of boring killing the same monsters all the time just to hunt. I hope we can make a topic about making the bot okay on IRO and let's debate about the cons and pros of it. or it's even great if players will have some voice towards it by letting us vote if BOT is okay or not. how about that GM's. anyway it's my opinion.

generic opinion from botters. you botters always repeat the same thing over and over again. botting violates the rules, therefore should be punished (except for very few bots who already made agreement with GM and never leave town like ragial).

#140 1302130512125548817

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:25 PM

generic opinion from botters. you botters always repeat the same thing over and over again. botting violates the rules, therefore should be punished (except for very few bots who already made agreement with GM and never leave town like ragial).

there you are that's the one i am saying about it has to be fair. GM's can't bend rules to other bots. it has to be fix if no bot then no bot. if other can bot they why others can't? 

#141 BobbyLenard

BobbyLenard

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 08:55 PM

Mapping of antell01 anthell
Time right now
Chara alchemist and biochemist

Does auto feeding bots count

They run to mob then run back to same spot

#142 3305141201055603410

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:09 PM

My opinion about bot is clearly nothing wrong with it as long as you have not taking advantage/disturbing other players who loves the game.  I don't believe these people complaining about bots that they don't bot themselves. I tried bot before and all my account was suspended until don't know when. But then if the GM's are really serious about banning bots come on probably all in prontera vending are bots. it might just be you and me playing the game. i bet the population with be too low.  but those bots are very important, especially those vendors because i look for stuff and they have it. I don't care that i know they are bot because i think the game needs it. If not those bots probably i am long gone from this game because honestly it's kind of boring killing the same monsters all the time just to hunt. I hope we can make a topic about making the bot okay on IRO and let's debate about the cons and pros of it. or it's even great if players will have some voice towards it by letting us vote if BOT is okay or not. how about that GM's. anyway it's my opinion. 

I've reported dozens of bots and I don't bot.

It's gotten to the point where bots travel in parties. Hell I've seen bots in TI. Pre-Janeway it was mostly 2nd class and some very few 99 trans bots. Now you see 3rd class bots running around everywhere, and 99 trans as well. It's normal now.

I report them because they are taking advantage. They are farming 24/7 when I can only farm at most 8 hours per day (if I'm going hardcore shut in mode), the vast majority of the time I can only farm 2-3 hours per day. Not only are they getting the rare drops like equips or cards, they're getting all the common stuff like straws or even harpy feathers. Harpy feathers and claws sell for around 700z each with OC 10. I can get a couple million or so per run on my Stalker back when that was my best form of income. Even then I had to offset the cost of whites/fly wings. These Sura bots in yuno_fild are self sustainable. Whatever they get is pure profit. So if we say that each bot brings in 1m in NPCing and another 1m from vendables (Wind of Verdure/Great Nature/Rough Ori/Mastela). So 2m per bot per hour. I think I've seen at least 5 operating in the sleepers map, so 10m per hour. 240m per day. Half of that is new zeny entering the server. From 10 bots. Probably managed by one person.

You can also think of it in terms of time. As one person, I can only play at maximum 8 hours. Bots can farm 24/7, So if I want to hunt something for a whole week that;s 56 hours in total, vs 168 hours for a single bot. Multiply that by the number of bots active in an area, we'll say 5 again. That;s 840 hours vs my 56 hours.

Now think about the rest of the fields in Juno, probably the best place to make an income from OCing loot.

Bots have no place in this game. I don't consider sites like ropd or ragial to be "bots". They are providing a service that should've been provided by Gravity, and has been implemented by other MMOs for a long time. Buff bots in Izlude are another matter, but since they don't discriminate and buff anybody and everybody (at the cost of putting your name on a spam list /conspiracy) they are okay. Oda says they're working on an NPC to replace them anyway. Hopefully it works like the chef NPC in Eden Kitchen, where you pay a small fee to get healed, or in this case, a buff.

#143 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:14 PM

Less talk; more report.

#144 1302130512125548817

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:20 AM

It's gotten to the point where bots travel in parties. Hell I've seen bots in TI. Pre-Janeway it was mostly 2nd class and some very few 99 trans bots. Now you see 3rd class bots running around everywhere, and 99 trans as well. It's normal now.

I report them because they are taking advantage. They are farming 24/7 when I can only farm at most 8 hours per day (if I'm going hardcore shut in mode), the vast majority of the time I can only farm 2-3 hours per day. Not only are they getting the rare drops like equips or cards, they're getting all the common stuff like straws or even harpy feathers. Harpy feathers and claws sell for around 700z each with OC 10. I can get a couple million or so per run on my Stalker back when that was my best form of income. Even then I had to offset the cost of whites/fly wings. These Sura bots in yuno_fild are self sustainable. Whatever they get is pure profit. So if we say that each bot brings in 1m in NPCing and another 1m from vendables (Wind of Verdure/Great Nature/Rough Ori/Mastela). So 2m per bot per hour. I think I've seen at least 5 operating in the sleepers map, so 10m per hour. 240m per day. Half of that is new zeny entering the server. From 10 bots. Probably managed by one person.

You can also think of it in terms of time. As one person, I can only play at maximum 8 hours. Bots can farm 24/7, So if I want to hunt something for a whole week that;s 56 hours in total, vs 168 hours for a single bot. Multiply that by the number of bots active in an area, we'll say 5 again. That;s 840 hours vs my 56 hours.

Now think about the rest of the fields in Juno, probably the best place to make an income from OCing loot.

Bots have no place in this game. I don't consider sites like ropd or ragial to be "bots". They are providing a service that should've been provided by Gravity, and has been implemented by other MMOs for a long time. Buff bots in Izlude are another matter, but since they don't discriminate and buff anybody and everybody (at the cost of putting your name on a spam list /conspiracy) they are okay. Oda says they're working on an NPC to replace them anyway. Hopefully it works like the chef NPC in Eden Kitchen, where you pay a small fee to get healed, or in this case, a buff.

#145 Franchu1991

Franchu1991

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Server:Taking a break

Posted 07 February 2015 - 12:51 AM

I have to say, this is actually working. I've been leveling on botting maps (Green Petite, Geffen Dungeon and Dark Priests/Churchyard) and I could actually kill things. If iRO was like this 24/7...

Also, not sure if this is something to be reported or if it is legal:

Map: Geffen Dungeon 3 (Deviruchi/Marionette)

Time: 16:00 (GMT+1)

Description: a Crusader auto-followed by 6+ people wearing Peco hairbands. It was funny watching them, but I don't know if this behaviour is allowed.

Map: Geffen Dungeon 1

Time: 19:00~22:00 (GMT+1)

Description: your average rogue bot (Eden group hat, odd name) and a female assassin (odd name, wasn't talking back, switching targets too quickly after I hit them)

#146 1302130512125548817

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 01:48 AM

I see your point. but hear me with this. we all love this game and honestly this game is very addictive. and as you said most likely you play at maximum of 8 hrs a day.( scary long hours). The game that we enjoyed most and spent most for vip's, kp points is actually making us unhealthy. And here where the 3rd party program comes where it help other players to have some rest out from your desk. I've done that, been there sitting infront of my pc for long hours and it's not good. It's really a choice if you want to keep playing or to have a rest. but then most players doesn't do that because it's very addictive. They like to level up as quick as they can, to loot as much as they can. I know it's not gm's responsibility to tell everyone this hey you guy need to rest because it's not healthy. but will our GM's would have that social responsibility to keep their loyal ragna fans out of Health/Social risk?

#147 TheQuietStorm

TheQuietStorm

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1001 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Server:chaos>ymir>chaos

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:40 AM

All city spawn points -->  Autocasting characters who seem AFK  

Time:  the whole day?

Server: Renewal

#148 VModCinnamon

VModCinnamon

Tranquility

• VMod Retired
  • 16663 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 02:49 AM

This would be the last warning before resorting to removing posts.

This thread is for reporting problematic maps with bots. If you wish to discuss how a vendor with 100 creamy cards is bot funded or not and how leveling 24/7 is risky for health and end up using bot program then do it in a new thread. While these topics are important they are not placed in correctly.

Also note GMs will not ban a user off the bat, they will perform certain tests to confirm said actions of user. So do not panic if you fall within the reported and happen to be legit.

​Now back to reporting.

#149 papu888

papu888

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Classic - Loki

Posted 07 February 2015 - 06:12 AM

Server: Classic-Loki

Time: Everyday

Map: Clock Tower level 2 ) c_tower2

Profile: Assasin Cross with Morrigane Helm / High Wizard+priest

#150 3288140331083411200

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 07 February 2015 - 04:42 PM

Time: Full time

Map: Veins Field 01(estapo) Veins field 03 (Magmaring)

Profile: Many 3r Job and trans leveling up, Buff slave bot

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users