2-4-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

2-4-2015 Classic Maintenance Thread

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:37 PM

Might want to remove sm map from morroc map server. I forget if I mentioned this a while ago, but durring the second sm kill of the server I realized people could just bc before going to the map. Not that it's a hard MVP anyways, but it makes it even easier.

The way we used to do it pre renewal when they had the half SP bs on entering the map was to sit strings/gk/battlechant and a scholar with awful dex and like double phen/orleans/etc outside. HP would go in to tank on the portal for a split second and lex. Champ would go in, as he's going in the scholar would start casting soul exhale. Since it's the same map server and its cast bar was massive it would go off on the other side of the portal instantly filling up the champs SP. Champ fists, dies, respawns in inn. HP warps both. Repeat for like 3 minutes and it was done. It was ridiculously easy and took 3 actual players tops, we did it with 2 a bunch of times with the champ playing HP and champ.

#52 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:48 PM

The way we used to do it pre renewal when they had the half SP bs on entering the map was to sit strings/gk/battlechant and a scholar with awful dex and like double phen/orleans/etc outside. HP would go in to tank on the portal for a split second and lex. Champ would go in, as he's going in the scholar would start casting soul exhale. Since it's the same map server and its cast bar was massive it would go off on the other side of the portal instantly filling up the champs SP. Champ fists, dies, respawns in inn. HP warps both. Repeat for like 3 minutes and it was done. It was ridiculously easy and took 3 actual players tops, we did it with 2 a bunch of times with the champ playing HP and champ.

Pretty cool stuff. It's still easy enough and mostly duo'd unless people want to go and "experience" it. Well I was there we only had comp a couple of times by solo champs, but any organized party would have been fun to play with.

Need more challenging MVPs!!! Thinking like "uber" bosses, to rip off from diablo 2. Complete et and earn "keys". Takes x amount of keys to enter "uber" Prontera for x amount if time. Lots of high end mobs, no fly wings and have an "uber" gtb, bapho and other iconic ro MVPs. That's were new high end gear should come from.

#53 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:55 PM

What makes mvps hard though? Just having a billion hp is dumb, just 1 shotting your party with bogus skills is dumb. That's always been why I hated PVM in RO. The AI is dumb and there is very little anyone could do to make a fight "hard" instead of dumb or just tedious.

#54 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

They'd have to make new ai, not sure if that's possible. People will still find creative ways to kill them.

#55 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 February 2015 - 01:59 PM

Thanks for coming down to test it Camp, the restarts were annoying but getting it to work properly is nice.

Having it on the same map server does add some extra garbage for Morroc, but is hugely beneficial to solo players who are trying to level/play on the maps.

If you've got any ideas for actual hard content, like race/element/skills post some combos. The GMs dont play the game on the same level as most of us so anything they create couldnt match community ideas/input.

#56 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:04 PM

As viri said, those things don't matter as much as a newer ai for making them harder.

#57 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:06 PM

the patcher is really pissing me off

#58 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:30 PM

the patcher is really pissing me off

What's the problem?

#59 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:39 PM

What's the problem?

it always hang like this, and i had to force kill it at task manager. it can go up to 10 times launching it then i can patch properly.

also the 'no client info file' issues too (this, however can be solve by opening both renewal and classic patcher at the same time)

GIaOKuZ.jpg?1

Edited by AmericanPie, 04 February 2015 - 03:40 PM.

#60 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:44 PM

I'm having two issues with the patcher. The first is the patcher crashing (just like that ^), I get a white screen where the content usually is and it says patch_allow.txt - 5/5 with a full bar, it just wont respond and clicking on it has windows recognise nothings happening then prompt to close it. The second is the patcher downloads all the most recent patches and allows me to launch the game, which then instantly crashes with a clientinfo.xml error and a second random sprite error.

A lot of people have these issues and everyone is just recommending to bypass the patcher entirely right now because there's a 1/15 chance when I want to play I'll be able to get in via the patcher. It often works directly after a full computer restart, but only once, after that it goes back to crashing or clientinfo errors.

Edited by Themes, 04 February 2015 - 03:45 PM.

#61 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 February 2015 - 03:45 PM

Oda, your impersonator is on Classic.

#62 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:00 PM

I'm having two issues with the patcher. The first is the patcher crashing (just like that ^), I get a white screen where the content usually is and it says patch_allow.txt - 5/5 with a full bar, it just wont respond and clicking on it has windows recognise nothings happening then prompt to close it. The second is the patcher downloads all the most recent patches and allows me to launch the game, which then instantly crashes with a clientinfo.xml error and a second random sprite error.

A lot of people have these issues and everyone is just recommending to bypass the patcher entirely right now because there's a 1/15 chance when I want to play I'll be able to get in via the patcher. It often works directly after a full computer restart, but only once, after that it goes back to crashing or clientinfo errors.

it always hang like this, and i had to force kill it at task manager. it can go up to 10 times launching it then i can patch properly.

also the 'no client info file' issues too (this, however can be solve by opening both renewal and classic patcher at the same time)

GIaOKuZ.jpg?1

When you run the patcher do you do it with the UAC prompt?

#63 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

No, but running as an admin doesnt make a difference for either issue.

#64 203150106230349710

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:09 PM

Oda, your impersonator is on Classic.

^ I 2nd this. Skype scam again.

He's also impersonating other players.  :Emo_17:

#65 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts

Posted 04 February 2015 - 04:16 PM

Yes, even tried to use compatibility mode for all available but no good.

Tho, it does work after I log off and log on again.. With 70% success

#66 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 04 February 2015 - 07:09 PM

JUPEROSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Potential Mid-level Gunslinger Gear!

#67 Kebtung

Kebtung

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members - No Sig
  • 959 posts
  • Server:( ͡ᵔ ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 04 February 2015 - 08:10 PM

When will Dragon TI taken away? Or it's supposed to be there alongside with Juperos TI.

#68 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:02 PM

checked out juperos TI, just wanted to report in that it's pretty neat! however, are there other npcs? i didn't go lower than jup 1 (why would you ever?! dimiks are gross!) but it's probably a huge hassle to do the dimik/archdam one and then come back to the npc. that's really my only gripe, it's delightful! had the whole place to myself, too, which i was both happy and sad about.

#69 Quanta

Quanta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Server:Chaos/Loki

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:12 PM

How do the Venatus work out with the different colours? Is it like 30 each or something?

#70 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 05 February 2015 - 04:24 PM

We'll add proper names "Red Venatu", etc. to the monsters next week so it's easier to keep track of how many you have to kill. 

When will Dragon TI taken away? Or it's supposed to be there alongside with Juperos TI.

Dragon TI will be in for a while. 

#71 ClickyHpen

ClickyHpen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 322 posts
  • Locationtwitch.tv/chpenn

Posted 05 February 2015 - 05:40 PM

How do the Venatus work out with the different colours? Is it like 30 each or something?

it's 4 separate quests, 100 of each color. that sounds like a lot, but i tore through at least one of each in a half hour-45 minutes down there on my sinx. the turn in option tells you what you finished, so you know what quest to get back. 

also, good to hear word on the dragon ti. i don't do it personally, but having an official answer is good!

#72 HansLowell

HansLowell

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 06 February 2015 - 12:38 AM

That only thing that is not logic is the archdam turn in. You have to do a quest to get to the last floor which take quite some time. And the Archdam are only on that floor. Once you finish your kill count you have to go back to the turn in npc to get your reward and then you have to do all the quest again to get back on the map.

#73 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

That only thing that is not logic is the archdam turn in. You have to do a quest to get to the last floor which take quite some time. And the Archdam are only on that floor. Once you finish your kill count you have to go back to the turn in npc to get your reward and then you have to do all the quest again to get back on the map.

please put another npc on floor 3. makes absolutely no sense that parties have to go back to the entrance and then do the quest all over again just to get back to floor 3.

#74 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

please put another npc on floor 3. makes absolutely no sense that parties have to go back to the entrance and then do the quest all over again just to get back to floor 3.

We can do that; I choose jupe_cave for the npc just so players would have a semi safe location to meet up before doing the quest.

#75 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 10:08 AM

We can do that; I choose jupe_cave for the npc just so players would have a semi safe location to meet up before doing the quest.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users