[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23* - Page 3 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23*

• Please log in to reply
3727 replies to this topic

#51 FitzPogi

FitzPogi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1235 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:55 AM

I hope the transfer will be balanced. Yeah they may not be able to transfer their mvps, gods, trillions of zenies, etc but lets not forget they also have op upgraded items, xtimes number of farmed items since they're legal to bot. 

#52 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:03 AM

So this confirms Classic will be merged to Renewal in the near future?

No no no. This just meant that they will be playing on our new server eventually so it would be good for them to try out a completely different type of server. 

#53 chr0nicles

chr0nicles

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts
  • Server:chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

i believe what he meant is, while waiting for the transfer date (april?), pRO player can join iRO at the moment by registering to warpportal. in which he suggested them to try out classic instead of renewal, because their pRO character will be in the new renewal server anyway.

#54 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:04 AM

Please don't let them transfer any item from their server.

#55 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:06 AM

No no no. This just meant that they will be playing on our new server eventually so it would be good for them to try out a completely different type of server. 

Nice save :v

#56 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:07 AM

xD Good because otherwise brace for the pitchforks and torches from current Classic players....

#57 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:09 AM

Please don't let them transfer any item from their server.

Nah I think it's fine. To be fair, they didn't expect this and some really did earn what they have right now. It'd be depressing to just have those go to waste. It's going to be a different server, anyway. :)

#58 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

It would not be advantageous to either server to potentially have very powerful characters and gear being transferred between them for a long time.

There will be restriction on zeny transferred when the migration happens. 

In that case isn't pRO-migrated players will have very powerful characters and gears as well?

or do you mean transfer between server repeatedly, in that case just put a one time limit on transfers and only TO the new server?

hmm just putting it out there, why don't you merge naked pRO characters into Chaos? maybe it'll boost our dying population?? I feel like lots of asian players will quit to the new server (i'm considering so as well if transfers are allowed), quite concerned that both servers will die even quicker (ie. classic).

#59 Lyrage

Lyrage

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 952 posts
  • LocationWherever there's less bots.

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:13 AM

Nah I think it's fine. To be fair, they didn't expect this and some really did earn what they have right now. It'd be depressing to just have those go to waste. It's going to be a different server, anyway. :)

PLOT TWIST: After a year, they get merged to Renewal Chaos with all those items intact.

#60 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:14 AM

PLOT TWIST: After a year, they get merged to Renewal Chaos with all those items intact.

This is what I'm thinking.

#61 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:30 AM

If ever, then hopefully at that time their economy has been regulated. :P

I think WP will be imposing limits on which items can be transferred anyway. I would assume that this would include quantity limits as well.

#62 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:38 AM

I quit playing from pRO because they have horrible economy. I just wish iRO will not turn like pRO where the economy is so broken that people lost interest in playing. Before there were so many players but now pRO in all servers have ghost town Pronteras. Reason is simple: pRO management sucks that they sell MVP cards and Godly items in their market. Novices have billions, pRO bots legal.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

ciao

#64 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 09:52 AM

Great potential if handled correctly.

I welcome all of the players that bring potential and growth to iRO.

#65 Zorgul

Zorgul

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

Thank you for the Chaos decay...

Rn32eFk.jpg

#66 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:15 AM

How do you think decay will happen?

If anything, it'll most likely spur players to start fresh.

A lot of them probably know people who play or migrated here already.

#67 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:18 AM

I could see decay in that people might jump ship and go to the new server. Not sure how many people would do that it would depend heavily on transfer restrictions.

#68 Ganguro143

Ganguro143

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:New Loki

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:20 AM

Hi Guys! Don't be that negative in pRO and hate us. I'm a pRO player from New Chaos & New Loki server by the way. As we say we Filipino's are very adaptive and flexible to any culture.

We are very sad now regarding this announcement! pRO is my very 1st MMORPG game. I was still in Elementary when I 1st played way back in 2003. I was a BETA tester of pRO and it saddens me today when I heard the official news that it will close. I still play pRO until today in New Loki.

You know how hard for us players if our account, character and item losses. Let alone the cash and rich players that can afford to buy those God or MVP items. We are still happy even though pRO is very negative in International community. I just hope they only remove the MVP and God Items and not other things like Headgears because I collect them. It just hurts when you lose all your item and start over again without any item. We also worked hard for this items you know.

Thanks for understanding.

- A pRO Player

Off we go to iRO... /no1

Edited by Ganguro143, 13 February 2015 - 10:39 AM.

#69 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:21 AM

Can we have a new real classic server too plz pretrans only

#70 Toxn

Toxn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3511 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:29 AM

I'm pretty sure everyone welcomes the new players from pRO. It's just that pRO management has just been so absolutely horrible it might as well be a poorly done pserver. As long as the two servers are kept separate with no transfers allowed I'm sure a lot of us are up for it. In my opinion, iRO should offer Janeway for a week or two for both the servers after merge so players from both can try out the other.

#71 jake0619

jake0619

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:33 AM

iRO is allowing pRO players to xfer their leveled characters to the new servers, just no gods/mvps/mini bosses right? I wouldn't mind it if they allowed us to transfer there too from chaos, just with no gods/mvps/mini bosses too.

iRO meets pRO on a server with no pre existing gods/mvps/mini bosses.

#72 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9303 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:43 AM

Should just transfer characters over and not items or zeny, way too many issues would occur if characters ever get a transfer from server to server and the difference between how easy things are to obtain and etc would screw things up so bad. Should just give all transferring people a free week of VIP and a drops/exp event on their server to make start up easier. And maybe a year later allow people to transfer between the renewal servers because things would be a little more equivalent between servers.

#73 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:48 AM

They should just downgrade anything above +12 to +12, allow most miniboss cards(gr/dr/mp/ar are kind of necessary in renwal). All items transfers, if it has mvp cards in it just empty the item out. Having real, mostly well geared people to play against is good.

#74 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:51 AM

I'm going to miss their levelup.ph site. :( I sometimes find information relating to Port Malaya on their site that are not updated on irowiki... And I always liked how decorative their website is and the appealing layout/ colors compared to Warpportal's official site. xD

#75 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 10:52 AM

iRO is allowing pRO players to xfer their leveled characters to the new servers, just no gods/mvps/mini bosses right? I wouldn't mind it if they allowed us to transfer there too from chaos, just with no gods/mvps/mini bosses too.

iRO meets pRO on a server with no pre existing gods/mvps/mini bosses.

no zeny will be xferred from pRO either, so would iRO players want to xfer to the new server with that restriction too?

They should just downgrade anything above +12 to +12, allow most miniboss cards(gr/dr/mp/ar are kind of necessary in renwal). All items transfers, if it has mvp cards in it just empty the item out. Having real, mostly well geared people to play against is good.

they'd all be starting on the same foot since they are going to be on their own server.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users