[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23* - Page 2 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Archived]International Ragnarok Online welcomes the Philippines! *Update 4/23*

• Please log in to reply
3727 replies to this topic

#26 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:42 AM

i mean the only reason why we are actually even caring about what's being brought over is because there's a possibility of server transfers down the road. this opens up a whole new can of worms.

in addition to zeny mule accounts, people could just stack tons of items that OC for a lot of zeny, like treasure boxes. restrictions would need to be in place for those as well.

#27 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:43 AM

Oda, you need to ramp up your airstrikes on that new server. You better start requesting for a co-pilot now. :heh:

#28 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:44 AM

Will third party programs be allowed on this new server? I think I read somewhere pRO was bot friendly (please correct me if I am wrong).

#29 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

I foresee very bad things happening in the future...

I understand that Level Up is the first company that's going to be sharing character data, which no other server had in the past. But opening a new server and allowing them to bring their characters and everything? I understand that gods/MVP cards/etc aren't going to be transferred, but seriously, a new server? Sorry, but I only see bad things coming from this. I mean, when all other servers closed, they were forced to start fresh. They couldn't bring anything. That, IMO, should be the norm. I feel for the pRO players, but players from mRO and other defunct servers that came here were the ones who really got the stick.

Also, I think it'd be wise for WP staff to encourage the LU staff to put out an announcement at least in their forums about how RMT and botting aren't allowed here.

Just my opinions, but either way, welcome to (a temporarily segregated) iRO, pRO players! :)

I think there are still enough players in pRO to actually qualify for a new server. Plus, there will need to be some disciplinary rehabilitation before they can adapt to iRO culture. No offense, but really... LU! spoiled pRO players a WHOLE LOT.

@Cinquine

Yes, that is true. pRO is bot-friendly. GMs couldn't care any less if you report a bot to them. Even if you say it in front of their faces. Really, it's all about who buys more stuff from the cash shops, sadly.

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 07:50 AM.

#30 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:49 AM

Will third party programs be allowed on this new server? I think I read somewhere pRO was bot friendly (please correct me if I am wrong).

TPP's were always illegal, doesn't stop people from using it tho. I guess it's perceived as "bot-friendly" because the management doesn't give a crap.

[edit]

pRO forums are dead. No one uses it except for a million bots who post spam per second (I'm not making this up)

Edited by Chorvaqueen, 13 February 2015 - 07:52 AM.

#31 Cinquine

Cinquine

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 1063 posts
  • Server:Both

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:51 AM

Oh I see.

#32 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:54 AM

That is why when I moved here and saw all these complaints about WP management, I was like...

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 07:55 AM.

#33 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1096 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:56 AM

That is why when I moved here and saw all these complaints about WP management, I was like...

hqdefault.jpg

lmao yes  :heh:

but consider this:

i'm p sure most pRO players will complain about the non-prem accounts

#34 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

lmao yes  :heh:

but consider this:

i'm p sure most pRO players will complain about the non-prem accounts

Ah yea. I think that the new pRO server should have different rates on KP.

#35 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 13 February 2015 - 07:59 AM

hmm really got mixed feeling about this. i foresee the same will happen to idRO also. sooner or later.

#36 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:00 AM

Well technically so is iRO. There are high level bots everywhere. We are pretty friendly to botters.

#37 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

Well technically so is iRO. There are high level bots everywhere. We are pretty friendly to botters.

Really, it's not that bad in iRO. :heh:

#38 Chrono13

Chrono13

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:04 AM

can players here create char in the new server to?

#39 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:05 AM

i don't see why not

#40 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:15 AM

I think there are still enough players in pRO to actually qualify for a new server. Plus, there will need to be some disciplinary rehabilitation before they can adapt to iRO culture. No offense, but really... LU! spoiled pRO players a WHOLE LOT.

I understand that, but when the population dwindles drastically due to botting/RMT being illegal, (not necessarily from people getting banned, but leaving for a pserver where botting is okay) and no MVPs/overupgraded items being in the Kafra shop, the new server's population will probably dwindle down enough to fold it into Renewal within a few months. A year at best, IMO. Look how high the population got in Renewal when mRO closed shop, and how the population declined just as fast due to players getting banned. Some changed their ways, and are probably still around, but they weren't given that "amnesty period".

To top it off, where is WP getting the resources to welcome this new server? If it's a new physical server, couldn't they just use that to dump some of Renewal's maps? I don't know. Maybe this way is best, but... I'm still apprehensive about it...

#41 GreenIvy

GreenIvy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 620 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:16 AM

Oda, can current iRO chaos server players transfer their existing characters to the new Philippine server? 

Edited by GreenIvy, 13 February 2015 - 08:17 AM.

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:20 AM

I sincerely hope that the new pRO server never gets merged with Chaos if you're letting them keep all their OP/broken items.

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:30 AM

thinking about this a bit more...isn't a zeny limit pretty easy to get around? you would need a check built in to check things like account creation date just to make sure people aren't transferring dummy accounts that are just cash mules.

Got clarification about this from Heim. No zeny will be transferred over. 

#44 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:34 AM

Are we going to have semi restricted transfers to the new server? PvP would probably be good on a fresh ish server.

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

I'm just a little apprehensive about this because in iRO2, they said they wouldn't allow the transfer of items that don't exist on iRO2 when seaRO2 merged, but seaRO2 players were able to bring the items over anyways. Actions speak louder than words.

#46 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:44 AM

Got clarification about this from Heim. No zeny will be transferred over.

thanks for the update oda. what about item stacks? 30k treasure boxes can be oc'd for 5.5b+ for example.

#47 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:45 AM

Are we going to have semi restricted transfers to the new server? PvP would probably be good on a fresh ish server.

We wouldn't be able to do transfers from Chaos to the new server right away but it would definitely be possible and I know there are players who might prefer the different WoE times we will have there. 

#48 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:50 AM

We encourage new players to try out Classic since they will have their accounts transferred to a Renewal server eventually.

So this confirms Classic will be merged to Renewal in the near future?

#49 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:51 AM

Totally missed that.

#50 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 13 February 2015 - 08:54 AM

We wouldn't be able to do transfers from Chaos to the new server right away but it would definitely be possible and I know there are players who might prefer the different WoE times we will have there. 

What if almost everyone leaves iRO Chaos eventually. :mellow:

If that's the case then okay, just merge them eventually in the future AFTER the pRO players get used to how it is here in iRO. That means being discouraged from botting and engaging in RMT.

Edited by Exuro, 13 February 2015 - 08:57 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users