Coming back, need a few suggestions - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Coming back, need a few suggestions

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 TeitokuKruncha

TeitokuKruncha

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 03:35 AM

Hello R.O.S.E Community,

Long time no see, Im re-starting on the game on a brand new account, on a brand new server (Quitting all i had back at the time on Leonis, now on Draconis). PREFERENCES DUE A LOT OF THINGS, mainly cause im bringing in friends and i want a fresh start.

Im a player from the 210 time, when the UI was still Windows XP Look a like (Lol) and Orlo didnt even existed. Used to play Dual to level up, then Katar for PvPing at union wars.

Well...a LOT has changed!
My main issue is finding a class to fit my playstyle and enjoying the game once again. I really want the community help on choosing it.

I Think i want to PvM / PvP at higher levels, but now I wanna level up, and as i was reading from forums, AoE still the main thing for leveling in parties. I got myself into not playing the Hawker class anymore and im between Mage or Champion.

Mages seems to have consistent ammounts of AoE rather than the 3 they used to have AS MAGES, 1 as muse (Tornado), thats cool, but mages seem to be quite weak and less popular than the Champions nowadays, where Axes now have AoE (I LOVE AXES) and Spear have A LOT OF AOE (In elemental schools even... :o (I also like spears!)).
As newcomer Soldier seem to be more solid on damage, more resistant on Defense, meaning better at killing stuff and therefore, leveling.

I want opinions, but not on which is better in terms of damage, or farming. But what are the pros and cons of each (Including champion branches), and what is recommended for a fresh newcomer (Think of me, as never played b4).

The goal is play both PvM / PvP with one main character (Or toon if you prefer), with a Semi- Hibrid Build, that can be played on those both aspects and have FUN with it, since im not planning on spending IRL Money for resets and whatnot.

Thank you in advance!
It is good to be back!

#2 Castanho

Castanho

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1549 posts
  • LocationGarden of Aru
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:That one

Posted 19 February 2015 - 07:39 AM

First of all. Come back to Leonis.

Well there is no way to tell you what class to chose, we had a remodel on all class skills and now you can do your own buildstyle. All classes have aoe's, some less, some more. But now every class give you a chance to discover your own way to play. There is no more a main guide like "go for pure dex for your hawker and you're done."  Mages for a example have now, a skill tree to choose.. fire, water, wind, magic.. So you can discover your own hibrid build. Based on your gamestyle.Just notice that now, clerics use CHARM as main stat for improve hes buffs and heals. I mean, actually CHAR act diretcly for any type of buff skill, wich make possible to make a lot of different build for any class.

#3 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:25 AM

Hi and welcome back!

Here's a topic you should probably take a peek at  http://forums.warppo...1-welcome-back/  It's a nice overview of the more recent changes, some of which are pretty major. 

My main character is always a katar raider because I love that kind of up close fighting. But honestly, my friend and I leveled up to 230 mostly because of her spear champ. Those 6 aoe's really helped and all I had to do was keep us buffed and healed and pick up the drops. Not complaining ofc :P

As Castanho said, there are many different ways to build a fighting character now. There are skills specifically for the weapon you choose; new gems that do a variety of things, and the ability to move substats from one item to another (which can often mean you don't need a gem at all). It's pretty exciting and there is no right or wrong.

One thing that has not changed is the fact that decent buffs still make life and leveling a lot easier. You should think about making a muse/cleric to go along with whichever fighter you pick. If you leech the muse like we did, you want just enough int to equip a low level wand and then add to charm until it's maxed. Then you can go back to adding int till you max the character.

I'm on Draconis so feel free to whisper to me in game on either HoneyBuns or Sulky and I'll be glad to buff you or answer any questions. Hope you have fun playing!

#4 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:52 PM

if you want hybrid PVM/PVP class, i say go for dual once you reach max. trust me i'm a dual and i can pretty much solo run COU(Dungeon) and at the same time have some pretty exciting pvp action both in CD and self-buffs PVP.

#5 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 19 February 2015 - 10:32 PM

Any champion can get a good-high amount of AoE's. There are PvM versions of the combat shouts in the Valor Shop, Premium Shop and Item Mall that all cause magic damage [with Champions high AP, this means a significant amount of damage to any monster that doesn't have a wand Icon next to their name].

With those shouts 

Axes: 5 AoE's

Swords: 7 AoE's

Spears: 9 AoE's. [so many you won't have enough time between CD's to cast them all]

In the end it's up to you, but I found the fastest leveling is the Axe with those AoE, due to their high crit, highest AP, and the Enhance damage 20% passive [that stacks with boosters/Muse enhance buff and Berserk/Enraged Berserk.

The most I have including gems was 135% Enhance Damage @ 2.6k AP and 100% crit damage. Enough to 1-2 shot most mobs while leveling with AoE's. 

-the above doesn't account for the 40% enhance from courage, 10% enhance from luna accessory, or 10% from epic/exalted weapons-

Edited by Feuer, 19 February 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#6 TeitokuKruncha

TeitokuKruncha

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:27 AM

Thank you all for the responses, now im pretty much into Dual Raider or Axe Champion, I once played dual / katar raider, but back in the 00's era of gameplay, now everything changed.

Can anyone try to be as specifc as Feuer about Raiders as well?

Thank you in advance once again!

#7 HoneyBunz

HoneyBunz

ROSE Online Community Member for July

• Members
  • 1428 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:18 AM

Thank you all for the responses, now im pretty much into Dual Raider or Axe Champion, I once played dual / katar raider, but back in the 00's era of gameplay, now everything changed.

Can anyone try to be as specifc as Feuer about Raiders as well?

Thank you in advance once again!

Feuer can ^^  

This is the post I have bookmarked as a guide for when I start working on my dual raider

http://forums.warppo...d/#entry2018097

#8 MarK1789

MarK1789

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 260 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 05:10 PM

well for dual raiders.. if you exclude the 1 v 1 full buffs with pots pvp(which you obviously don't want because you want hybrid build and you would totally lose in that kind of pvp and also you can't get any reward from it except for PVP fame) you will do just fine.

for now i can say that there are 2 effective, i'm not saying that there's only 2 kind of dual build, there are multiple custom build for dual raiders but for now i can say that these 2 are the most effective HYBRID build for dual raiders, what they have in common though is they can both solo run COU or carry any type of teammate you will have even without cleric support and both have very good defensive stats(dodge/def), of course that is if you have the right stat/skill build(you can ask me about this once you reach max and decided to go dual) and fairly good gears which really doesn't cost much.

Well anyways it's the Summoner dual raider(fast run COU), and the AOE dual raider(slower run but has the ability to clean up all mobs in COU after you killed the last boss and all your teammates leave) 

for AOE DUAL RAIDER:

total of 4 aoe's

-in Dungeons:

in COU btw. inside are many many many mini mobs, but you don't have to kill them to finish the run, just the bosses.. now, most or maybe every time the players don't kill that much mini-mobs and just kill the bosses because the loots are distributed between players, Now if you're an AOE dual raider.. once you finish the last boss.. you wait for all you teammates to leave the dungeon and once they do that you farm the heck out of all those hundreds of mini mobs and loot all those wealth using your aoe's

-in boss hunting

slower compared summoner type dual raider but can still kill any kind of boss without cleric/heal/buffs.

-in PVP

you will do just fine in 1 v 1 self buffs no pots type of pvp, and in Crystal Defenders you will be a huge nuisance to the enemy team because of your massive defense decrease, heal reducing AOE(just for PVP). so in CD you can just spam those AOE's and AOE DEbuff you enemies with def down, mspd down and accu down while also slowing attackspeed of katars by as many as -100%. So basically you're an AOE damager/debuffer in CD when you're an AOE dual raider more of a team-player kind of stuff.

for SUMMONER DUAL RAIDER:

no aoe's. higher attackspeed, higher accuracy, more into 1 v 1 type, good for fast run COU, solo boss, and also good in peeling/chasing/killing long range in CD's.

-in Dungeons:

(note: you summon's strength is based on your strength. So you will need to carefully think about you build in this one, but will highly pay-off once you get the right build.)

summoner dual raiders is good in 1v1-ning bosses, fast kill even without cleric / any kind of buffs, just self buffs.

you will have two tigers as you sidekicks in battle. (for me i have two tigers with 1.5k attack power, 1.4k accu, and 4.2k dodge, that's nearly as strong as my own character) so you can consider having "3 you's" in battle. Now you can see why i said this is for faster run in COU/killing bosses/ and some exciting pvp action. Ok so because you will have almost "3 you's" in battle you will deal more damage overtime.

in boss hunting:

faster comparing to the aoe build and can also solo any king of boss without heal/cleric/buffs.

in PVP:

in 1 v 1 self-buffs no pots pvp, most of your enemies will say, "remove your summons". but that's ok, you will do just fine still.

in CD you will have no damage aoe's here, even the massive defense down aoe(sacrifices have to be made), BUT you will have that single target def down that is just slightly weaker than the aoe def down but is still good. And what is good though is you can kill-chase long range classes or even burst-damage overtime any singe target you want with your two tigers on you side.

summary for dual raiders(maybe)

-highly mobile, and can almost do anything under the sun in the world of ROSE. 

NOTE that what i've said is for HYBRID BUILD, you will do no good in 1 v 1 full buffs with pots kind of pvp. but you don't want that do you? since you said you want hybrid.

So i guess that'll be it for now. :D 

feel free to ask questions! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users