Patch Notes v547 - Sikuku Catacombs Discovered! - Page 21 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v547 - Sikuku Catacombs Discovered!

• Please log in to reply
558 replies to this topic

#501 be3714

be3714

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:47 AM

its type glasses it doesnt say any grade

Yep, that is why I'm asking, since I always get bad sub stat on those masks :p_sick: 

I want to imbued them..  :heh:

#502 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 26 March 2015 - 01:56 PM

Couple things of note, we're working on for next patch.

• New Sikuku Exalted gear will be set to break in to refine items next patch, and maybe more.
  • The Gloopy Mask will be grade 9.

#503 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 26 March 2015 - 02:04 PM

• New Sikuku Exalted gear will be set to break in to refine items next patch, and maybe more.

Yeay.. Thanks Leo !  :p_smile:

#504 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 26 March 2015 - 04:52 PM

berneydidnotread.gif?1318992465

Just kidding :P. Thanks Leo

#505 asuboy

asuboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 26 March 2015 - 05:42 PM

are we having any refine event soon ? 

#506 KatsuraKujo

KatsuraKujo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 744 posts
  • LocationPotato

Posted 26 March 2015 - 10:57 PM

1ST POST =p (about server down)

#507 archop

archop

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Server:draconis

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:00 PM

Why everyday alwys like this>?dc dc and revend again T_T :p_sad:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:  :sob:

#508 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart

Posted 26 March 2015 - 11:21 PM

Nice thanks Leo :)

#509 thetrangdamvn

thetrangdamvn

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1671 posts
  • LocationHanoi, Vietnam - GMT +7

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:57 AM

1ST POST =p (about server down)

Spoiler

Edited by thetrangdamvn, 27 March 2015 - 12:58 AM.

#510 angeltje

angeltje

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2687 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/angelltjee

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:30 AM

leo why are the capes we get from the sikuku dungeon locked on equip?

#511 RositaWG

RositaWG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 23 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:04 AM

Hi all

i just join SC dungeon and what i seen there was kind of weird lol  :p_omg: we were 6 players there  :p_conf:  i guess is some new bug  :heh:

http://prntscr.com/6lxtir

Something more to fix Leo  :blaugh:

#512 Nura

Nura

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationIn my Gigi's heart

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:17 AM

Same. We went in 3 and then 2 more joined. To all our surprise, another one was able to join too. Total 6 of us. Unfortunately 1 player who was in the first 5 did not receive any valor points or rewards after each boss. 

#513 IAfjiBa

IAfjiBa

Cleric Representative/Community Member of the Month for June

• Members
  • 1451 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:23 AM

The problem about that 6 people can join the dungeon have been reported to a DEV.

Thank you :)

#514 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 09:43 AM

leo why are the capes we get from the sikuku dungeon locked on equip?

We want ownership of an item to become an important thing in future game play. Being that this is very far in to the high level content, we feel it's time to start making that next step.

---

We're going to plan to have a patch and server restart today to address a number of little things that have been reported, discovered and not quite to our approval. Sorry for the short notice on it, but we wanted to try to get it in before the weekend. When it's ready, announcements in-game will be made.

#515 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:38 AM

What was the point of ruining defense? I see a new raid, but is this another one of those pvp updates? My knight went from taking 300 damage a hit from monsters to  900 and I can't level anymore, even with top courage gear and cleric buffs. There's nothing I can "adjust". I've already min-maxed my knight for defense and aoe damage.

I guess I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

Edited by DoubleRose, 27 March 2015 - 10:44 AM.

#516 Filipito98

Filipito98

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 996 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in another world

Posted 27 March 2015 - 11:31 AM

i got rlly impressed wen i used my champ spear to sacri, guess what 100~300 per hit without buffs in OT, is like what? is toons of difference lvl and still they give me 100 to 300 per hit, now im guessing how many they do give at lvl 120, maybe almost to 1k, the def is totally screwed and the equipment pvm resistance got me like "want to give up in rose" unlucky i dont want because im atm having a lil fun back to the farms and gearing up my sen crafter and my cleric ... even tho the Def adjustment were too mutch nerfed, now i guess than might be impossible to max up, even worst than before :\

#517 siryu

siryu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 568 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:56 PM

The problem about that 6 people can join the dungeon have been reported to a DEV.

Thank you :)

i saw one time with 7 people inside ...

#518 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:59 PM

What was the point of ruining defense? I see a new raid, but is this another one of those pvp updates? My knight went from taking 300 damage a hit from monsters to  900 and I can't level anymore, even with top courage gear and cleric buffs. There's nothing I can "adjust". I've already min-maxed my knight for defense and aoe damage.

I guess I don't understand the reasoning behind this.

"from monsters" doesn't really give us a good basis of your before and after experiences. Defense wasn't ruined, it was balanced out. One of the problems we had with the old defense scale was that it ramped up too fast, meaning everyone was essentially at the same reduction, with fairly low effort. As a Knight you have skills that assist with damage mitigation and are able to withstand much more damage than other classes would. But it doesn't mean you should be invincible either. Monsters should remain a small threat if you are not attentive to the combat.

If you are taking on multiple targets, with your AoE skills, understand that you still have the advantage of being able to take damage better than most other classes, but that doesn't mean you are self supportive or able to survive without others, if overwhelmed.

If you want to give some examples of what you're going up against and perhaps some of your basic stats, such as level, defense, block rate and block amounts, monster you are fighting and the damage you are taking, we can review if this is intended for the monster or area, or not.

#519 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:12 PM

"from monsters" doesn't really give us a good basis of your before and after experiences. Defense wasn't ruined, it was balanced out. One of the problems we had with the old defense scale was that it ramped up too fast, meaning everyone was essentially at the same reduction, with fairly low effort. As a Knight you have skills that assist with damage mitigation and are able to withstand much more damage than other classes would. But it doesn't mean you should be invincible either. Monsters should remain a small threat if you are not attentive to the combat.

If you are taking on multiple targets, with your AoE skills, understand that you still have the advantage of being able to take damage better than most other classes, but that doesn't mean you are self supportive or able to survive without others, if overwhelmed.

If you want to give some examples of what you're going up against and perhaps some of your basic stats, such as level, defense, block rate and block amounts, monster you are fighting and the damage you are taking, we can review if this is intended for the monster or area, or not.

Level 193 fighting Arachnid/Bone Spider

Courage gear r7, hardened mace gemini. hebarn set d7.

Before they did about 290 without block, and then 145 with block. Now it's about 420 without block.

Arachnid were not and still aren't the problem. I can manage the regular Arachnids with an infrequent heal, but can't survive the devil pest ones at all. I'd have to go back and test the numbers, but the difference is obvious. They were already more than a small threat. Assuming no lag 95% of the time I could fight a mob, heal up, and then fight another. Now I can't survive a single mob. My knight survives the monsters worse than he did 15 levels ago before he had finished the defensive skills. Perhaps it was multiple flukes. I didn't bother to continue testing and instead tried out other characters.

The damage of my "spell rotation" seems the same.

#520 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 March 2015 - 02:49 PM

You also need to consider that monsters take more damage as well. 

One of the problems we had with the old defense scale was that it ramped up too fast, meaning everyone was essentially at the same reduction, with fairly low effort. 

So we've established that defense scaling needed to be toned down awhile ago, and the changes were made to the curve on pegasus. One of the reasons for this necessary change was as you stated here, everyone could get high damage reduction with little effort. This was relatively true being that a great portion of your total defense came from the bases defenses on your armor, not so much from specifically using defense statted gear. The problem with this update was that the defense scaling was reduced, but at the same time armor had it's base defenses increased further, which was the main problem to begin with (this change also wasn't on pegasus either, atleast when the initial defense changes took place).

So before you could equip an item with a 75 defense substat, and might get 1000 defense from an armor chest piece. Now, you could still equip the same 75 substat piece, but that chest armor piece might have 1500 defense. With the reduced scaling the armor will be 'relatively' the same as it was before only that 75 substat piece that no one really used to begin with got even more worthless. 

#521 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 03:24 PM

Level 193 fighting Arachnid/Bone Spider

Courage gear r7, hardened mace gemini. hebarn set d7.

Before they did about 290 without block, and then 145 with block. Now it's about 420 without block.

Arachnid were not and still aren't the problem. I can manage the regular Arachnids with an infrequent heal, but can't survive the devil pest ones at all. I'd have to go back and test the numbers, but the difference is obvious. They were already more than a small threat. Assuming no lag 95% of the time I could fight a mob, heal up, and then fight another. Now I can't survive a single mob. My knight survives the monsters worse than he did 15 levels ago before he had finished the defensive skills. Perhaps it was multiple flukes. I didn't bother to continue testing and instead tried out other characters.

The damage of my "spell rotation" seems the same.

So where did this 900 damage come from from this quote?

My knight went from taking 300 damage a hit from monsters to  900 and I can't level anymore, even with top courage gear and cleric buffs.

Honestly, I feel you are exaggerating. 290, to 420 damage without a block may seem notable, but really it is not in consideration to what your maximum hitpoints should be. Yes you are taking more damage, so don't pull the entire room. Slow it down, take what you can handle.

You still handle damage better than most. I can't imagine a single monster is really that threatening, because it's doing an extra 130 damage per hit, unless you are talking about the fact you should be facing multiple monsters. This is what your party should help you with, by supporting you, either doing damage or healing you, given your party composition.

So we've established that defense scaling needed to be toned down awhile ago, and the changes were made to the curve on pegasus. One of the reasons for this necessary change was as you stated here, everyone could get high damage reduction with little effort. This was relatively true being that a great portion of your total defense came from the bases defenses on your armor, not so much from specifically using defense statted gear. The problem with this update was that the defense scaling was reduced, but at the same time armor had it's base defenses increased further, which was the main problem to begin with (this change also wasn't on pegasus either, atleast when the initial defense changes took place).

So before you could equip an item with a 75 defense substat, and might get 1000 defense from an armor chest piece. Now, you could still equip the same 75 substat piece, but that chest armor piece might have 1500 defense. With the reduced scaling the armor will be 'relatively' the same as it was before only that 75 substat piece that no one really used to begin with got even more worthless. 

I understand what you're saying, but the scale change still gave the spread we were looking for. As for the armor defenses being updated, those were updated to the amounts that were intended for each piece of armor.

Basically, a soldier's body armor is expected to reduce damage at a base rate of, let's just say, 15%, for the level it's for. And 8% for the gloves, and feet, maybe 10% for the helmet. That's 41%, before refines, or other stats coming in to play. For another class, those percents would be lower per item. Making the difference some 8-10% in difference between class armors.

The gap was much smaller before and with the new scale, it still holds up to what we were testing. And those substats, are bonuses, they add an edge, an advantage, not the single relying game changing power that they used to be, just for having the one stat. It's more on all the elements of a player's build, skills, stats and equipment than just the bonus alone.

#522 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:30 PM

So where did this 900 damage come from from this quote?

Honestly, I feel you are exaggerating. 290, to 420 damage without a block may seem notable, but really it is not in consideration to what your maximum hitpoints should be. Yes you are taking more damage, so don't pull the entire room. Slow it down, take what you can handle.

You still handle damage better than most. I can't imagine a single monster is really that threatening, because it's doing an extra 130 damage per hit, unless you are talking about the fact you should be facing multiple monsters. This is what your party should help you with, by supporting you, either doing damage or healing you, given your party composition.

Maybe this is unusual, but I didn't journal my adventures in leveling and how much damage the monsters did before the patch. I can't tell you how much the devil pest did in prevous patches. I also find 900 to be high (I don't think it should even reach 750) yet I believe that is what I saw. I must be doing the order of the calculation wrong. I don't want to deal with fuzzy numbers, so I'll try to test this particular thing later and instead focus on the real issue.

The devil past arachnids are much harder to fight because this change compounded their power. Comparing the stats of the devil pest verus regular monsters reveals 80% more attack, 22% more health, and 69% more defense (but it is important to note that magic defense is weakened by an equivelent percentage). What this means is that the devil pest arachnid hits harder, but also gets more attacks off thanks to its stronger effective health. Because of the strength of the devil pest the nerf has more of an impact that the rest of the monsters in the game. The nerf falls harder than intended for devil pest monsters.

#523 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:43 PM

Devil pest monsters are supposed to be notably harder though. One of the issues we found throughout game play is that monsters did not have much of a threat before and game play was well past the 'easy' setting. The considerations you may have in seeing a change in difficulty, we see as good changes to game challenge in scale.

#524 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:51 PM

Devil pest monsters are supposed to be notably harder though. One of the issues we found throughout game play is that monsters did not have much of a threat before and game play was well past the 'easy' setting. The considerations you may have in seeing a change in difficulty, we see as good changes to game challenge in scale.

I think it would be cool if the devil pest changed the monsters in some way instead of just scaling up their stats. The fighting would seem more interactive if the strategy changed during day versus night instead of the numerical power shift that currently exists. Maybe I can try to think of a suggestion.

Edited by DoubleRose, 27 March 2015 - 04:52 PM.

#525 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 27 March 2015 - 04:53 PM

Their stats didn't scale up to my knowledge, your stats scaled down, either route produces the same result. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users