Asgard Training Village Beginner Equipment Quests - Page 2 - Classic Foundry - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Asgard Training Village Beginner Equipment Quests

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
45 replies to this topic

#26 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

I'm open to suggestions for "plot friendly" alternative negative effects that the player lifts. The negative is there so that NPC bought starter gears aren't instantly blown out of the water, but with some questing players will be able to remove that negative effect later. 

Draft effect of Cursed Armor[0]

A mysterious armor once worn by an ancient warrior. Found in Morroc.

Increases the effectiveness of novice, red and orange potions

+200 HP
+100 SP

Def: 3
MDef: 2
Classes: 1st and 2nd class characters
Weight: 90
Character bound

I agree. Account-bound or 0 weight. Looks like a great start, though.

Here's a "plot-friendly" idea. Since the player will be going from one town to another and there should be virtually no fighting, and seeing as how this is an antique armor used by an ancient warrior, how about making it damaged instead? Player has to get it fixed in order to use it. That way, it can begin, and remain either 0 weight or account-bound. What do y'all think?

#27 TontonAlarcon

TontonAlarcon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 06 April 2015 - 02:55 AM

is the whole questline already made available? or just the cursed armor?

Edited by TontonAlarcon, 06 April 2015 - 02:57 AM.

#28 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 06 April 2015 - 08:50 AM

is the whole questline already made available? or just the cursed armor?

Currrently the Cursed Armor. We'll be continuing the quest this week with another piece of gear. 

#29 sonomono

sonomono

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2015 - 01:31 PM

As a suggestion: how about making all of the cursed equips account bound instead of character bound with the exception of the ring?

Right now, the garment is character bound and those who started the quest for the cursed gears when it was first implemented are too high level to continue the quest. 

#30 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 06 May 2015 - 02:12 PM

Hm, I requested account bound. I'll check about the level requirements. 

#31 vanillacoke

vanillacoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 03:27 AM

And yeah, I can't rebirth due to it's weight since it is character bound :\

will not be able to reset skill too.

Edited by vanillacoke, 12 May 2015 - 03:28 AM.

#32 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:13 PM

And yeah, I can't rebirth due to it's weight since it is character bound :\

will not be able to reset skill too.

Are you able to sell it to an npc?

#33 MizunoAoi

MizunoAoi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Server:Chaos and Loki

Posted 12 May 2015 - 07:32 PM

Facebook post said shoes (and garment) are in, but I can't start the quest for the shoes?  Backtracking to all the npcs doesn't help.  The good doctor in Asgard tells me I'm too strong (at level 50).

#34 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 13 May 2015 - 01:42 PM

My lvl 45 super novice isn't able to equip the boots nor manteau. No level restriction in the description on both items, but here's the odd part:

Manteau:

Novice Class: +100 HP

Class: All except Novice.

Why is there a stat for a class that's restricted from using it? And why are SNs allowed to do the quest just to get stuck with an item they can't use?

EDIT-Also, Trello hasn't been updated to show the boots and Manteau have been put in. I said that I'd bet that it'd get neglected, and the way it looks, I'm right. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it, but as I said, I'd prefer to get all my info from one location, and that if you guys spread yourselves too thin, that Trello and/or other media would get neglected. I understand that the Thor server has major issues, but the old pRO players aren't your only customers here...

Edited by belld1711, 13 May 2015 - 01:52 PM.

#35 wafsering

wafsering

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts
  • LocationPhilippines
  • Server:Chaos, Loki, Thor

Posted 13 May 2015 - 03:20 PM

I thought the level restriction with regards to the Cursed Armor quest was removed?

I'm currently level 70 and the NPC in Asgard keeps on telling me that I'm too strong. :(

#36 Hannah66665

Hannah66665

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 01:55 AM

I was trying to find information on the armor and searches lead me to this thread. I'm really confused about the whole thing... are there any cons in wearing it? I have it on and there seems to be no negative effects despite it being labeled cursed (other than the weight) yet I read elsewhere that it places a cursed effect on the player? Is the armor even worth wearing at level 40..? I was surprised that all npc armor (even the expensive ones) all had worse defense stats than the newbie gear... while I like the effects on the cursed armor it's defense is only 3 compared to the starter gear having a defense of what, 8?

#37 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room

Posted 14 May 2015 - 07:06 AM

I was trying to find information on the armor and searches lead me to this thread. I'm really confused about the whole thing... are there any cons in wearing it? I have it on and there seems to be no negative effects despite it being labeled cursed (other than the weight) yet I read elsewhere that it places a cursed effect on the player? Is the armor even worth wearing at level 40..? I was surprised that all npc armor (even the expensive ones) all had worse defense stats than the newbie gear... while I like the effects on the cursed armor it's defense is only 3 compared to the starter gear having a defense of what, 8?

The cursed effect had been fixed i believe.
For npc gear, not worth it unless with slots and proper stats enchantment.

Cursed armor been catered for non trans i believe and not upgradeable (i think so) and good for early starters. Once u evolve in the game, u'll need more high-end gear. Good luck

#38 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 10:58 AM

The "curse" effect was supposed to slow your walking speed, but the speed reduction persisted after taking the gear off. So the GMs just removed it I believe. Now it's just extremely heavy until you finish the quests, which is still being worked on.

Either way, Janeway isn't going to be in forever. So the beginner quests will help newer players bridge the gap between running around with the "tattered" novice gear from the training ground and gathering better gear for later on. They give some bonuses without making most of the other gear in game obsolete, like the Eden gear in Renewal does.

#39 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 14 May 2015 - 11:51 AM

The only downside to the gear is its weight and the fact that you cannot upgrade it. The slow effect was an unintended side effect which has since been fixed.

Generally this gear will outdo most standard NPC gear for very low leveled characters as it focuses on flat hp/sp boosts which are very awkward for a while with zero gear. Defense is very strong (1% damage reduction per point and 0.66% per upgrade on the armor) so as you move on you may find NPC gear with upgrades stronger and if you have items with card slots they definitely get stronger. As I understand it the quest gear cannot be equipped by anything post-trans, so keep that in mind if you plan on using it all the way to 99.

I also noticed that I wasnt able to equip the Manteau or Shoes on my level 10 Novice. I'm not sure if this is level requirement or class differences.

There also still seems to be a level requirement to do the quests, I'm not entirely sure what that is and I thought thats what Oda was removing this week.

I wrote a quick guide for the wiki you can find it here: http://irowiki.org/c...inner_Equipment

#40 RoadGamerCarlo81

RoadGamerCarlo81

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 May 2015 - 06:00 PM

Hello Oda..
I'm trying to find the npc in Geffen where I could enchant the armor but I can't find it.

Edited by RoadGamerCarlo81, 28 May 2015 - 06:01 PM.

#41 Spre123

Spre123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 03:51 PM

Did you ever implement the headgear? has it changed? havent seen any npc to enchant  the armor

#42 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:59 PM

As things stand right now the irowiki guide is 100% up to date with all the pieces of equipment that have been added. I believe he may be doing some work to finish off the quest with a hat in the near future though, when he does I'll make sure I update the irowiki guide.

The quest has been simplified quite a bit from its initial design, so there's no need to go anywhere to get them cleansed or anything, you're basically traveling from NPC to NPC to collect your neat gear. The first post could/should probably be updated though!

#43 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:24 AM

Update

Last main leg of the Cursed armor quest arrives, players will travel to Juno to pick up the Cursed Helm. Talk to Vanilla Typhoon (if you've completed all other steps of the quest) to continue. 

18637.png

Cursed helm stats: 

Def/Mdef: 3/2

Position: Top/Middle

Effect: HP +150/SP +40

Gives level 1 hide

if player is thief class, they get flee+10

Weight: 50

#44 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 August 2015 - 09:32 AM

lol nice, does it share the same in game sprite as ancient admiral helm?

#45 kisai

kisai

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 07 September 2015 - 10:06 PM

Update

Last main leg of the Cursed armor quest arrives, players will travel to Juno to pick up the Cursed Helm. Talk to Vanilla Typhoon (if you've completed all other steps of the quest) to continue. 

18637.png

Cursed helm stats: 

Def/Mdef: 3/2

Position: Top/Middle

Effect: HP +150/SP +40

Gives level 1 hide

if player is thief class, they get flee+10

Weight: 50

I just did this quest a couple of nights ago. It only gives 3 def and level 1 hide. No change in HP/SP when equipped. 

#46 kkusagami

kkusagami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 20 November 2015 - 05:05 AM

Excuse me ,when would the effect of Cursed Helm will be fixed? It's not giving hp/sp stat at all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users