Posted 21 November 2010 - 04:29 PM

two 150s just isn't good enough

#102 kogimon1

kogimon1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 05:39 PM

I need more time! at least give valk another week.

yes 1 more week

#103 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationDunedin, New Zealand.

Posted 21 November 2010 - 06:18 PM

After reading the prizes for reaching 150, I almost feel like I should be upset...for the people who actually went hard at it. I show respect to the people who put the time in to max out to 150 in a short amount of time but come on Gravity. I'm sure I'm not the only person who notices the blatant tactics you are using to maximize profit lines while giving your customers little in return. Conveniently like the Apple campaign "there's an app for that" you've used this competition to expand the Kafra Point margins exponentially, and have no intention of making it worth it at the end. Not to mention you put all these other uninterested people on hold for the small amount of people doing it. Couldn't use Bloody Branches or Medals because that is free exp, grinding through maps requires actually paying for Kafra items to get an edge.

The Race to 150:

High Levels of EXP required after what seemingly feels like nothing from 1-99 Trans = EXP not good enough for you? Hey There's a Kafra Item for that.

High EXP loss upon death = EXP loss too high for you? Hey There's a Kafra Item for that (and it's on sale!)

I would say the triple spawn no exp loss was nice, if the maps weren't lagged out, and only for people who were higher level 3rd class. You conveniently marketed the Kafra items following the level trend of the people participating, under the guise it was for everyone.

So at the end of the day for this entire event that had little participation and even smaller rewards, all I've noticed is your profit margins increase while the players morale, and interest decrease. I think it's time for someone up there to make some decisions that give something back to the community, I've never seen such poor business practices in my entire life.

Absolutely.

Kafra items should be a luxury not a necessity and thats why levelling from 100-150 has been made deliberately difficult by keeping monster EXP low, so they can market thier HEBMs and bleed wallets dry instead of offering decent gameplay at decent EXP levels.
People obviously don't like it because when i go on RO now theres literally 600 people playing where pre-renewal there would have been 1000+ easily every night.
I get the impression they are trying to make what they can while they can.

#104 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 November 2010 - 08:54 PM

Don't know why my post was deleted. All I said was why bother having a race to 150 when there's barely any content past level 100. I see it more reasonable to be like how it was back when GMs did interviews for people who got to 99. It was chill, people took their time, and everyone was happy.

Adding onto my previous post, I can't help but wonder why Gravity would even bother with a race to max level anyways. Renewal is an OVERHAUL of the game, NOT an episodic update with new content. All Renewal did was change stuff around, it didn't really add much aside from the 3rd classes. Surely the Renewal testing we did gave them a good idea of how SLOW the leveling is now (since they did implement "Helpful" Henry), enough so that something as menial as a race to 150 is simply unreasonable to force upon the playerbase (and I say force because this has inadvertently prevented people from leveling the way they wanted to because of the restrictions).

Was there a race to 99 back when iRO went live? No. So why have a leveling race now, especially at this time when people are still figuring out their characters due to the new mechanics?

#105 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:05 PM

Adding onto my previous post, I can't help but wonder why Gravity would even bother with a race to max level anyways. Renewal is an OVERHAUL of the game, NOT an episodic update with new content. All Renewal did was change stuff around, it didn't really add much aside from the 3rd classes. Surely the Renewal testing we did gave them a good idea of how SLOW the leveling is now (since they did implement "Helpful" Henry), enough so that something as menial as a race to 150 is simply unreasonable to force upon the playerbase (and I say force because this has inadvertently prevented people from leveling the way they wanted to because of the restrictions).

Was there a race to 99 back when iRO went live? No. So why have a leveling race now, especially at this time when people are still figuring out their characters due to the new mechanics?

yes ... there have been races every time ro got new classes.. even with ninja /gunslinger and tkm/linker.. you must be new to iro or something.

#106 rayy

rayy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 275 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

Leveling is not slow, try again. It took ~3 months to get 99 trans when trans first came out, now it takes a couple weeks at most to reach max level.

Edited by rayy, 21 November 2010 - 09:08 PM.

#107 arsn89

arsn89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • LocationMassfag

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:08 PM

You must be new here

http://www.playragna...nor.aspx?page=4

#108 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 November 2010 - 09:36 PM

yes ... there have been races every time ro got new classes.. even with ninja /gunslinger and tkm/linker.. you must be new to iro or something.

You must be new here

http://www.playragna...nor.aspx?page=4

Those are nothing like the current races to 150 and you know that.

#109 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 21 November 2010 - 10:15 PM

Races should only be on new servers with no kafra shop, putting up a race where some people have 100m, but someone else may have 100b/or a $1,000 to spend is a joke.

#110 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:24 AM

Races should only be for people with no friends, putting up a race where some people have 10 friends and some have 100 is a joke. Obviously the guy with the most friends will get more help which is unfair.

See i can sound like a tard too.. i just gotta try harder than you guys.

#111 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:09 AM

Races should only be for people with no friends, putting up a race where some people have 10 friends and some have 100 is a joke. Obviously the guy with the most friends will get more help which is unfair.

See i can sound like a tard too.. i just gotta try harder than you guys.

Yes you need to try alot harder, I think your confused with the facebook thread.

Let's pretend your statement means anything though, hmm, so 4 friends join up, say they want to try this race, realizing they have no chance if they all go for 150, they lvl up together up to a certain point, then help 1 person get to 150 to try to win, except they aren't so wealthy, so they are still limited to how fast the 1 person can lvl with help.

Someone else, who is very wealthy but only has 1 friend, lvls up with some help from the friend, but is actually lvling twice as fast as the 1 with 3 friends, because of god items, mvp cards, billions upon billions to spend, wins by spending a very very small portion of his/her wealth, but that small portion doesn't matter because of the +11.

When I think of a race, I think of people competing with rules, and where everyone starts on nearly equal grounds.

#112 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 November 2010 - 01:46 AM

wealthy people don't have friends, just people who want to take their stuff

#113 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 02:55 AM

Leveling is not slow, try again. It took ~3 months to get 99 trans when trans first came out, now it takes a couple weeks at most to reach max level.

But there again some of us don't buy, cheat, exploit, spend billions on HEBMs, spend our days as a bedroom vegetable glued to a computer desk, level decked out head to toe in God items, have heal slaves etc, other leet gears or the worlds supply of pots to hand, oh, or friends to level my character while i sleep.

I have no god or leet gears, HEBMs, heal slaves, endless pots, knowledge of exploits, billions of zeny, i don't cheat, and i will never be classified as a bedroom vegetable.

So yes, my friend levelling is very slow. You should actually try it one day without using any of the above.

#114 hinatasou

hinatasou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 245 posts
  • Location10 miles from Gravity HQ, Los Angeles

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:40 AM

nope. minus SuNos, didn't get our 99 interview

#115 hoikarnage

hoikarnage

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1876 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:53 AM

To celebrate, woe on ygg plz.

#116 pomdjyer

pomdjyer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:45 AM

Yes you need to try alot harder, I think your confused with the facebook thread.

Let's pretend your statement means anything though, hmm, so 4 friends join up, say they want to try this race, realizing they have no chance if they all go for 150, they lvl up together up to a certain point, then help 1 person get to 150 to try to win, except they aren't so wealthy, so they are still limited to how fast the 1 person can lvl with help.

Someone else, who is very wealthy but only has 1 friend, lvls up with some help from the friend, but is actually lvling twice as fast as the 1 with 3 friends, because of god items, mvp cards, billions upon billions to spend, wins by spending a very very small portion of his/her wealth, but that small portion doesn't matter because of the +11.

When I think of a race, I think of people competing with rules, and where everyone starts on nearly equal grounds.

retard check

#117 Skank

Skank

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 10:25 AM

i wonder if he'll ever know how nonsensical he's being

#118 Ghost007

Ghost007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 445 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:02 AM

This is nonsensical?

#119 fenryl

fenryl

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:19 AM

This is nonsensical?

Yes, that's how the real world works too right? it's not about who puts more effort into becoming better, nor about who's the wealthiest ! it's about equal grounds.. That's what races are all about.

PS: and btw since you didn't seem to understand my last post.
During the last big race, the 99 trans one, people like you were complaining that the players who won the race were getting slaved to 99 and that it was unfair.

So let me sum it up for you :
1/ it's fine to be rich: most people worked hard to get there. Getting rewarded for it is normal.
2/ it's fine to use $$: it's a cash shop game, they're all like that.
3/ it's fine to get help from your guildies/friends and w/e you achieved as a group.

Edited by fenryl, 22 November 2010 - 11:27 AM.

#120 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:35 AM

Yes, that's how the real world works too right? it's not about who puts more effort into becoming better, nor about who's the wealthiest ! it's about equal grounds.. That's what races are all about.

well you can look at it like its rewarding people that have spent alot money and time on the game and for sticking with the game, its like a really cool paid for item lolz^^

when $$$ items help you level faster it was never going to be an equal race, just like the rest of the game not being equal or a test of any skill bcas of the same reason - that battle with RO was lost a long time ago!

#121 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 11:45 AM

PS: and btw since you didn't seem to understand my last post.
During the last big race, the 99 trans one, people like you were complaining that the players who won the race were getting slaved to 99 and that it was unfair.

So let me sum it up for you :
1/ it's fine to be rich: most people worked hard to get there. Getting rewarded for it is normal.
2/ it's fine to use $$: it's a cash shop game, they're all like that.
3/ it's fine to get help from your guildies/friends and w/e you achieved as a group.

oh i see you edited your post haha, you dont have a problem with $'s affecting the race or it affectively being a paid for item (unless you're using cunning text sarcasm!)

i dont agree all cash shop games are that way though, some have drawn a line so it doesnt affect competition so heavily or at all - but yes this isnt one of them! hehe

#122 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:05 PM

wealthy people don't have friends, just people who want to take their stuff

We do have friends... and a lot of fwb as well =)

#123 porty

porty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:06 PM

This is nonsensical?

No, it makes absolute sense to me.

In a race everyone runs on the same track with the same gears. You use enhancing drugs you have cheated. Only the best athlete wins, regardless of wealth.

Ferrari is the wealthiest team in formula 1 by a long shot. Does this mean, according to some of the previous posts that they should automatically win grands prix because of this wealth? I don't honestly believe some people engage thier brains before posting some of the rubbish they do.

Ghost, what you have posted is totally correct, a true 'race' is one in which all competitors are on an equal footing and abide by the rules of that races ruling body. Wealth plays no part in any governed race.

#124 kymmy

kymmy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 12:23 PM

No, it makes absolute sense to me.

In a race everyone runs on the same track with the same gears. You use enhancing drugs you have cheated. Only the best athlete wins, regardless of wealth.

Ferrari is the wealthiest team in formula 1 by a long shot. Does this mean, according to some of the previous posts that they should automatically win grands prix because of this wealth? I don't honestly believe some people engage thier brains before posting some of the rubbish they do.

Ghost, what you have posted is totally correct, a true 'race' is one in which all competitors are on an equal footing and abide by the rules of that races ruling body. Wealth plays no part in any governed race.

yes and the only way to do that is on a new server without a shop, i remember doing that many years ago, the race between hunter/ME priest/wiz was actually quite cool!

#125 Kaden14

Kaden14

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 04:21 PM

We are playing with the same rules and the same allowed items existing. The difference here is that we are the ferrari team and can afford the best possible parts for our cars that are allowed in the races. The whining noobs, however, are the luong ngoc quyen-ba dinh laundromat team and can only afford crappy cars.

I don't know where you get the idea that we aren't on the same track with the same rules. We all play the same game. I can't invent a new item randomly that it is impossible for you to ever get. We all started the game with nothing just like you did and the same items have always existed in the game at the same time for both of us. Did we put in the same amount of time training for the race? No we did not, we put in much more time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users