Renewal April 1st Maintenance - Page 9 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal April 1st Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
273 replies to this topic

#201 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:51 PM

Ranting time.

1) All you children worry about "Autumn Heaband" and its "effects" and I'm here worried about how come the matter for Night Sparrow Hat has yet to been addressed. Rangers are already strong, they already have a WWS to go along for its A/S build, and im tired of people ranting about why its getting nerfed when really its getting fixed.

2) While I'm on the topic of Nerf/Fix, Deep Sleep Lullaby needs to be looked at/fixed. That skill was originally OP , and then it got nerfed. But it's nerfed seems a bit more than a nerf. The skill was supposed to get fixed, and now its just been nerfed and looked away from.

3) Since these "creative built hats" were created for people of each class to have other built options, I'm wondering if its possible to add effects for Night Sparrow Hat. Possibly, remove the heavy cool downs on most of their skills ( chorus ones, Severe Rainstorm, mettalic sound), remove the another performer requirement (I literally can't use half of my chorus skills during woe, due to lack of performers : ALSO the SKILLS Sinking Melody & Warcry From Beyond isnt 100% success rate), or even buff Great Echo and allow it to be a single person skill, OR BUFF IMPROVISED SONG!

4) Some of yalll are so negative about Janeway. We have lots of players coming from pRO. They have to migrate/go to iRO. They have to start from SCRATCH to play Ragnarok, or they have to WAIT for this new server to come about. HERE YOU ALL ARE, complaing, ranting, downing them, and MORE, being inconsiderate about how they feel. Yes, they will have to adjust to not being able to BOT/PAY2WIN/AND MORE, but they should not have to START FROM SCRATCH with creating characters and leveling them. Yall are giving us, IRO, a bad look/representation with all that BULLSH!T negativity and unwelcomeness.

5) Is it possible that GMS can possibly bring TIs back to their original maps or just drop the crap (-_-). I've encounter some new fresh players asking for advice leveling, and actually getting confused as to the fact that they can hunt these monsters from TI at a real map other than the TI map!

6) HAVE A GAY DAY YOU ALL! *BY GAY I MEAN HAPPY*

#202 Rotatoe

Rotatoe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

Ughhh..Janeway is back again...Brace for it, zombies will rise again!

Joking aside Janeway's effect must be limited to 2nd classes only and not to transcendence classes. With her back, we will receive an influx of newbies asking for gear, how to play their classes questions, rudeness and Zeny beggars. Those newbie related problems aside, another problem will rise as well on Chaos server, since it will receive a massive rise on bots, yet again. We don't need those =.=

I just hope that the CM/GMs will keep her on leash and her stay limited to the game - long enough for them to implement the new server, Thor.

what's wrong with newbies asking how to play their classes?

#203 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:01 PM

nothing.  it's just that they shouldn't be asking basic questions by the time they're 3rd class.  you'll find it less amusing when they start getting you killed in parties because they missed something in the blur that is janeway if she boosted trans classes too.

#204 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:14 PM

you'll find it less amusing when they start getting you killed in parties because they missed something in the blur that is janeway if she boosted trans classes too.

What if I'm an M and enjoy the suffering?

#205 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:21 PM

What if I'm an M and enjoy the suffering?

find your S buddy

#206 OniichanN

OniichanN

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1812 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:22 PM

^ He left renewal for classic. :v

#207 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

nothing.  it's just that they shouldn't be asking basic questions by the time they're 3rd class.  you'll find it less amusing when they start getting you killed in parties because they missed something in the blur that is janeway if she boosted trans classes too.

I have to agree.

First time doing Janeway and boy...you really level up fast, but she gives you no equipment (or am I missing something here?)

Also...without exploring/leveling the usual way, you get no loots to NPC for zeny (Players leave the Aloe Leaflets for Odin's sake), so is a good idea to calm down and do some Eden Equipment quests.

I do like Janeway because it offers leveling to classes that have trouble getting a party in low TI and while I would totally love if she helped trans classes I think her current limits are fine. (And you need to learn to play your class, at least basically)

#208 marvsragna

marvsragna

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 420 posts
  • LocationSingapore

No to Janeway for leveling transcendent please. If you are TOO LAZY to grind/level then why just go straight to your 3rd jobs. Also please let SUPER NOVICE use Janeway too so that people will play an "extinct" class.

#209 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:31 PM

super novice can be used by janeway but you need to get to 45 on your own.

#210 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:42 PM

Thank you Janeway for allowing my guildies and me to 99/50 several characters in one day. :no1:

We actually had a lot of fun making them.

#211 Kingcool23

Kingcool23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:09 PM

Rofl. As if IRO isnt pay2win lol.

There are already tons of Items you need from Kafra Shop and the Ingame prizes are so overprized that you have to buy KP to get stronger.

Me for example buys around 20k WPE each monthe to get at least a bit money in game and some good gears.

Btw whats that blabbering about a new server?

Didnt past few years showed us that IRO nor EURO RO could keep up 2 or 3 servers?

IF i am not mistaken at the beginning from IRO renewal there already where 2 Servers and the 1 classic Server.

But now we have again just one renewal server....why do you guys think is it like that?

Even if they wold open a new server they would close it down after 1 year.

And try keeping it alive by offering transfer options.

Something is bothering me too...in the last 2 years we only had LOW LV Events.

I mean only Chars under lv 100 getting events where they can fast lv up and the only thing we have is TI and even that only until 150.

Its so -_- easy to lv any class to lv 99 then rebirth and again to 99 it takes you only....well i normaly need around just 1 week.

But from 150~175 for example...that takes waaaay more time....why not implementing events there?

Edited by Kingcool23, 02 April 2015 - 09:11 PM.

#212 OreoBoolat

OreoBoolat

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:28 PM

There are already tons of Items you need from Kafra Shop and the Ingame prizes are so overprized that you have to buy KP to get stronger.

Me for example buys around 20k WPE each monthe to get at least a bit money in game and some good gears.

Didnt past few years showed us that IRO nor EURO RO could keep up 2 or 3 servers?

IF i am not mistaken at the beginning from IRO renewal there already where 2 Servers and the 1 classic Server.

But now we have again just one renewal server....why do you guys think is it like that?

I mean only Chars under lv 100 getting events where they can fast lv up and the only thing we have is TI and even that only until 150.

Its so -_- easy to lv any class to lv 99 then rebirth and again to 99 it takes you only....well i normaly need around just 1 week.

But from 150~175 for example...that takes waaaay more time....why not implementing events there?

Pampered too much, and this happens. Be grateful that they cater for newbies. You have a lot of instances to do, why not do that instead. What, do you want a Janeway for 100-175 now? Better join pserver then. If we have an event that cater >Lv100, then you'll never learn on how to play your class correctly, instead, we'll have dumbs and retards who just spam skills in WOE and other places.

And you don't even have to use any money anyway to buy WPE to have all those great stuff, you've got to have patience, that's all. Create any alts, sniper maybe, and hunt GTB in ET tower every week, if you're lucky, you got card, if you don't, next time then.

Edited by OreoBoolat, 02 April 2015 - 09:29 PM.

#213 Kingcool23

Kingcool23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

rofl that card farming takes too much time.

Its neeeds thousand years and only some lucky bastard get the best one...like Lord Knight card for example....how was that again...only 6 existing currently and one card costs currently arround 300b?

The only cards i get are worth only 5m max.

And lol i wonder how long i would have to play for example so i can buy a QFL+12....lol i think 1 year rrofl.

And lol whats the deal then in making more and more <lv 100 classes events?

They dont learn how to play either and THERE are waaaay more instances then in 150+!

#214 LawrenzTyr18

LawrenzTyr18

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 591 posts
  • LocationHorcatereilberg-the Grand City

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:15 PM

The others have already explained the negative that can happen when Janeway is left back to cater characters to transcendent classes. I still remembered the first time they implemented Janeway to server. Things were going out alright until it was abused by the bots. It was an endless creation of bots traveling to regular farm areas. Doing their dirty deeds.

Anyway, with players leveling up so fast, especially the new comers, a player doesn't even have the normal learning time of their own skills and how to distribute their own stats. If I recall, a newbie player had joined a low TI.  When everyone in the party died, they asked the newbie priestess why didn't she (or he) priest ressurected the other priest. The priestess said: "You can do that? Can you tell me how to ress people?! D: "  *Facepalm

You see what I mean there? That's the worst thing that could ever happen - players don't know how to play their own class. Other than stat/skill distribution, they won't even know how to gain zeny out there or hunt items! It always results for them to constant begging of zeny from other people! Sure, it may be fine if you give them some spare zeny but you will never know that they will be telling the other newbie friends they had made out there that you are giving away free zeny! Thus it ends for you being bombarded by people who wants zeny!

Everyone who had made characters when she was first implemented knows the experience! This is the reason why I and the others here are explaining the negative effects of Janeway! D:

You must have a well-paying job in order to get 20k WPE every month... ;A;

You have just notice that there will be a new server opening? Have you even been reading the forums?

If you don't know the reason for the new server then the best advice I can give you is to find the information in the RO community chat sticky threads.....

Here I'll post the link as well for you to read:http://forums.warppo...nes-update-402/

Also, I'll provide you a brief summary if you don't know.

RO is opening a new server called Thor around the third or fourth week of April 2015. The reason behind this creation is due to the fact that pRO servers have already been shutdown permanently on the 30th of March 2015. Even before the closure, the plan was already in motion around February (someone correct me if I'm wrong) as kRO, iRO and pRO were already communicating what to do the accounts in pRO. They were already preparing the huge list of item restrictions, and the account migration as well. After planning, the migration pages were up on pRO for players to use and get migrated on the upcoming new server.

As we speak right now, iRO staff are probably filtering items from the restricted list and wiping zeny as such. Two or three weeks later, the server will be up!

If you are thinking why can't they just transfer the accounts straightforward to chaos, well the answer is clear really. I have already mentioned that the items are being filtered and wipe and the zeny as well, yes? So..the new server acts like a huge filter paper or strainer or sifter. They get rid of the items( and items as well that were exclusive to pRO only), make the newly migrated player base be comfortable to iRO's rules, wipeout the zeny, and last but not the least, monitor them. If the staff are comfortable, they might merge that server to chaos.

That's it... *Sigh* I need some tea.....

#215 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:22 PM

brace yourself, the QQ king kingcool23 is baaack!

#216 Shippou22

Shippou22

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:chaos

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:47 PM

im not sure why certain people "expect" pRO players to have a right to migrating their chars and not start from scratch. the migration is a PRIVILEGE, when you pour zeny into an online game like RO, you accept that at any moment in time everything could banish just like *pop* never to be seen again.

or do you really think GMs or warpportal will suddenly reimburse you, your money if they decide RO has to be taken out? of course not.

so while janeway is interesting (  i guess) to help pRO players, people need to get their facts straight and stop threating them like victims of an earthquake that we should shelter and lay down the red carpet for them to come into the server.

i have nothing against pRO players personally, but what was so bad about them having to start from scratch in Chaos? arent they getting their own server already?

#217 Daray

Daray

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1019 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

brace yourself, the QQ king kingcool23 is baaack!

Everyone below my post is aware that the bold part is clearly a trap!

#218 Alanthier

Alanthier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1432 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:08 AM

ever try toucan-siorava TI?

Or Cendrawasih and gajomart(before their level change)? you want bad TI...this is boring yes but easy...try one where it's shield break + divest + magnetic earth + pulse strike every 2 seconds lol

#219 Kingcool23

Kingcool23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:21 AM

Rofl they should deal with losing their spended real life cash .

What should I say?

I spended much money in EURO RO for example (the original EURO Ro and not the new EURO RO what was created from France RO) and they closed down....straaange IRO didnt gave us EURO RO players a new server...there wasnt even an event or migratin thing about it.

We just had to start over here from the beginning without nothing.

And in my eyes its damn unfair that the PRo server gets all theses benefits-.-

Edited by Kingcool23, 03 April 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#220 Kingcool23

Kingcool23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

and here i thought since so many years usa and europe are best friends lol

#221 Kuroyukiii

Kuroyukiii

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:57 AM

Ranting time.

1) All you children worry about "Autumn Heaband" and its "effects" and I'm here worried about how come the matter for Night Sparrow Hat has yet to been addressed. Rangers are already strong, they already have a WWS to go along for its A/S build, and im tired of people ranting about why its getting nerfed when really its getting fixed.

The irony about this thing is, people expect the so-called hardcore wanderer players to make GMs address an official statement regrading Sparrow Hat, but the first hat addressed for re-evaluation is Autumn headband. ROFL.

NSH & AH released -> both effect are broken -> NSH unchanged while AH got AS boost -> wanderer players crying AH change was unfair -> cry again -> cry again -> cry -> cry -> Oda addressed they will re-evaluate AH in maintenance thread -> the first post from hardcore wanderer is about janeway -> no more cry

Forum is much fun.

#222 Kingcool23

Kingcool23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:01 AM

lol monokuma

#223 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:29 AM

wow this is amazing.  equating countries national policy with how game companies draw up contracts.  never stop posting you.

#224 DeadIntern

DeadIntern

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1726 posts
  • Server:Renewal - Chaos

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:23 AM

wow this is amazing.  equating countries national policy with how game companies draw up contracts.  never stop posting you.

If only nation leaders play iRO too.. 

#225 Alathea

Alathea

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • LocationLuina
  • Server:Renewal-Chaos

Posted 03 April 2015 - 05:49 AM

Janeway is great for newbies to explore their newfound skills. Let them enjoy it for a while before even considering giving them the zeny to transcend. Reckon, they can earn that money to transcend given enough patience and perseverance. :)

This isn't Hetalia, mate. XD The server migration is nothing personal and I believe it went through due process with both parties in mutual agreement. It's happening, we will just have to accept it. The more we resist, the more it will hurt. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users