04/01 Classic Maintenance - Page 3 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

04/01 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#51 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 April 2015 - 07:43 AM

@sir Oda, please check out Alberta and Amatsu maps, since after the maintenance our characters there are stuck and cannot login... :(

Just saw the report, I'll check it out. 

E: I didn't have any issues getting to those maps. Can you take a screenshot of the error you're receiving?

#52 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:19 AM

the new cursed armor is bugged apparently. even after ppl put it in storage their walking speed is still slow. there's several ppl in prontera complaining. they tried to sell it to an npc to get rid of it but they can't. they're super upset and confused.

There doesn't seem to be any effect like that on the armor.

#53 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:37 AM

Tested the armor on multiple characters and have not encountered any changes to movement speed. 

#54 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:45 AM

its very weird looking at the DB something is causing the slowness but I cannot think of anything that was recently added that would cause this. If you character was created within the last few weeks and bugged can you let us know what you were doing right before you got bugged?

#55 Landoriel

Landoriel

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 08:54 AM

its very weird looking at the DB something is causing the slowness but I cannot think of anything that was recently added that would cause this. If you character was created within the last few weeks and bugged can you let us know what you were doing right before you got bugged?

I created the character yesterday and got the armor as a novice. It was fine until I changed to an Archer and finished the Thief Bug Janeway quest (iirc). From that point on i've been perma slowed, even when taking the armor off and storing it

#56 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 April 2015 - 10:41 AM

I created the character yesterday and got the armor as a novice. It was fine until I changed to an Archer and finished the Thief Bug Janeway quest (iirc). From that point on i've been perma slowed, even when taking the armor off and storing it

We are trying to replicate this bug, and checking the database for other characters with similar reduced movement speed.

#57 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 01:58 PM

it wasn't my character. there was a priest and an archer that were both in prontera and were visibly incredibly slow. agi up, auth badges, and speed potions did not increase their movement speed. i saw the gears of the priest and she did have the armor. she said that regardless if she had the armor equipped or if it was in her kafra, that she was slow. it was blatantly obvious how slow their characters were moving -- i would say its to the point where their characters are unplayable if they can't get rid of that "curse."

i got the impression that the archer had just received the armor. and because the quest line has not been implemented fully, he cannot really do anything with the armor at the moment. im not sure about the priest.

Edited by Ecclesio, 02 April 2015 - 02:00 PM.

#58 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:20 PM

Bless?

#59 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:24 PM

Can confirm, soon as I got the armor I started moving amazingly slow. This should be a pretty important fix if you're going to push players to pick up the armor, it really makes the game unplayable.

It seems like mental strength/curse movespeed, it's possible that the quest/armor is accidentally applying it to players with no visible effect.

Buffing with bless/agi doesnt remove the effect, you move slightly faster but it's still slower than normal move speed. Also Panacea/Holy Water dont remove it, maybe getting cursed then cleared may do it, but I dont think I have anything right now to curse myself.

#60 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:28 PM

Can confirm, soon as I got the armor I started moving amazingly slow. This should be a pretty important fix if you're going to push players to pick up the armor, it really makes the game unplayable.

It seems like mental strength/curse movespeed, it's possible that the quest/armor is accidentally applying it to players with no visible effect.

Buffing with bless/agi doesnt remove the effect, you move slightly faster but it's still slower than normal move speed. Also Panacea/Holy Water dont remove it, maybe getting cursed then cleared may do it, but I dont think I have anything right now to curse myself.

What's the character name? Was it when you received it or when you equipped it?

#61 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:31 PM

Character name: Curbed

Not sure about the second, I can try getting it on some other characters if you want to find out.

#62 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:34 PM

Sure, we're trying to find commonalities between the affected characters. 

#63 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:45 PM

Just tried it on another character (shrugging guy, acolyte) and havent really noticed a speed decrease. Even after swapping zone servers, relogging and re/un-equipping the armor a bunch.

When you get the armor it displays some kind of a curse animation above your head, is it accidentally applying a slow/curse effect when the animation goes off?

#64 Campitor

Campitor

Darned Forever

• RO1 Production
  • 11063 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:00 PM

Just tried it on another character (shrugging guy, acolyte) and havent really noticed a speed decrease. Even after swapping zone servers, relogging and re/un-equipping the armor a bunch.

When you get the armor it displays some kind of a curse animation above your head, is it accidentally applying a slow/curse effect when the animation goes off?

It shouldn't be.. its just a show effect not the skill.

I will test it a few times. Good news is during maintenance I can fix everyone's speed.

#65 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:02 PM

Went into pvp, cursing it and then curing it and also dying didnt fix it.

#66 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:48 PM

Maybe you guys made it weigh too much

#67 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 05:56 PM

Please: http://forums.warppo...ture-uncertain/

Also this could be great for Classic if you implement it properly: http://forums.warppo...-loyalty-event/

#68 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:00 PM

Are you really leaving newbs till next week like that?

lol....

#69 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:12 PM

Are you really leaving newbs till next week like that?

lol....

I really hope not, if I was stuck like this on any character I wanted to play I'd probably just close the game and never log on again.

Going to try stream some skel archers if anyone's curious how miserable it is: twitch.tv/thingdoer

18 minutes of sadness and I died to scary snakes running into firewalls I couldnt run away from, I killed not very many archers and moved slow as balls. Please fix it.

Edited by Themes, 02 April 2015 - 06:35 PM.

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 April 2015 - 06:24 PM

I really hope not, if I was stuck like this on any character I wanted to play I'd probably just close the game and never log on again.

Going to try stream some skel archers if anyone's curious how miserable it is: twitch.tv/thingdoer

that is exactly my concern.

I had a guildie message me today who came back after ~7 years or so and I sent him to janeway, if this is his first experience back then.... ummm.... wow.

Edited by Xellie, 02 April 2015 - 06:43 PM.

#71 FatDrunknSTUPlD

FatDrunknSTUPlD

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 399 posts
  • LocationBurbank Buy More
  • Server:iRO Beta Server

Posted 03 April 2015 - 03:05 AM

i hope they fix that bug, i didnt like how my friend was forced to make another char just to remove super slow status 

#72 Sushi

Sushi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 08:28 PM

That bug is really strange. I just saw a bugged monk that when in MS, he actually walks faster!!! I think faster than proper MS and faster than being bugged of course.

#73 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:07 PM

I sucked it up and finished Janeway on my Sage today. Miserable. I just put 500 Fly Wings on the account and teleported around to everything. I wouldnt wish it on anyone, I understand that this is a bug and you're not sure what's wrong. But if you cant isolate or fix it before next maintenance you should consider removing the quest before you drive new players away.

#74 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 01:06 AM

That bug is really strange. I just saw a bugged monk that when in MS, he actually walks faster!!! I think faster than proper MS and faster than being bugged of course.

Decrease Agility and Curse are the only things I know with that "speeding" effect on mental strength so it may help to find the source of the problem.

#75 ldngoc

ldngoc

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2015 - 06:09 AM

Character name 1: SupperKID

Character name 2: Little Tiger

Walk Very very slow after wear Curse Armor

Hic hic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users