Shaman rebalance suggestion - Page 2 - Class Discussion - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Shaman rebalance suggestion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
40 replies to this topic

#26 Pitty

Pitty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 02 April 2015 - 04:02 AM

I do agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I also like the idea of flipping the AoE with the Totems. But, there are some issues with what you suggest.

Forsakers losing Chaos Totem may make it tough for the class to ever hope to pull off any great crowd control.

If Mystics are supposed to have a more Supportive role, then they should not be pulling off great crowd control using Chaos Totem.

For Mystics Losing Fire Rain and Hellfire but gaining Fire Totem would probably not ruin the class, though it would be weaker. I think when people say Mystic is OP, I only agree in a Player versus Monster context. Yes, if you want to grind for Exp on massive hordes of beasties you find a Mystic and get yourself a mount and just go rustle them up over and over. That sounds like fun to me. In Player versus Player, I find on my Mystic, Hellfire and Fire Rain are only really so overpowered when a bunch of mindless NPC are jumping into the inferno. Players, well, they tend to walk around.

Thank you for your response.

I do agree with your aspect. Chaos totem would be too OP at mystic skill bar.

Let me revise my suggestion.

Mystic would get the Fire totem and Plague charm/ or make Fire guard special mystic skill with tripled amount of rez (on lvl 10=30% rez). These changes would open more supportive view of angle to them.

Forsaker suggestion remains, without loosing chaos totem.

I was thinking about to make a comparison to templar classes. Mystic should play a supportive role like Radiant ofc on a lower level. Forsaker in my opinion has lot of similarities to the Tempest. Both have magic mastery, magic weapon mastery, AOE (atm 3x for Tempest, 1x for Forsaker). Crowd control represented by Sleep (Radi also can have it, but its okay since Radiant does not have such a dmg output as a mystic), and Chaos totem.

Hopefully you consider some of this reworked suggestion about bringing balance to shamans.

Thank you in advance.

#27 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 02 April 2015 - 12:54 PM

flame thrower as a totem (like butlers thing)

#28 sleepyTown

sleepyTown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 476 posts
  • Server:Triffi/Nova

Posted 02 April 2015 - 03:29 PM

Well enough for bartuk class for now . Lets do krux and turan now..no more monkeys for this year..

#29 crkiller

crkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 03 April 2015 - 04:53 AM

The skill of zerk '' Blood rage '' or whatever need a super nerf, hits per 4.1k each 10 seconds

#30 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:25 AM

Add back Arrow of ruin and stun to soul hunter..

#31 Sepilac

Sepilac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSIlent Hill
  • Server:Trifi

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:03 AM

Eliminating Trap

Eliminating Trap Hunter_Disable_Trap.gif Eliminating Trap

Levels: 10

Casting Time: 1 sec

Skill Downtime: 40 Sec

Range: 20 m

Target: Enemy Trap/Totem

Prerequisites Advanced Job: Avenger, Level 60, Detecting Trap Lv1

Eliminates a trap or a totem set in the field.

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Prerequisite Level 60 63 66 69 72 75 78 81 84 87

MP Consumption 86 94 101 110 122 130 137 144 151 171

Trap Removal Chance 70% 73% 75% 78% 80% 83% 85% 88% 90% 93%

Effective Radius 6 m 7 m 8 m 9 m 10 m 11 m 12 m 13 m 14 m 15 m

Targets 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skill Downtime with DNA* 37 sec 34 sec 31 sec 28 sec 25 sec 22 sec 19 sec 16 sec 13 sec 10

this skill can remove any totems right?, if yes then it can counter a team w/ a lot of mystics since it can remove 6, too bad i don't see a lot of avengers.

Edited by Sepilac, 03 April 2015 - 10:06 AM.

#32 Sepilac

Sepilac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationSIlent Hill
  • Server:Trifi

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:25 AM

The skill of zerk '' Blood rage '' or whatever need a super nerf, hits per 4.1k each 10 seconds

they made zerk a 1on1 maniac and i think devs will stand on that and might not change it, and maybe more than 4.1k if u are against SS zerk, more scad more dmg and hp absorb specially if it always hit critical, i understand how u feel but it is what it is now all we can do is wait for the other classes update, also hoping for a good improvement for sin skills, since most of them are AA :D

#33 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:29 AM

I m ok that a berserker dash to me and rape me in 5-6 skills but not that an elementalist kill even faster but with 30 meter range ~.~

#34 explicid17

explicid17

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1170 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:57 AM

it can counter a team w/ a lot of mystics since it can remove 6, too bad i don't see a lot of avengers.

yes, it is sad but why make a avenger that cannot farm lant, shards, pogs, red consumable xeons, or be somewhat useful in raids when you can make a mystic and do all of those and more?

The game promotes choosing a caster class and gives little reason to choose melee.

#35 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:59 AM

Avenger can counter mystic totems....but not the mystic xD

#36 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 12:15 PM

as if the Mystic Totems are the Problem ya^^

#37 crkiller

crkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 03 April 2015 - 01:26 PM

they made zerk a 1on1 maniac and i think devs will stand on that and might not change it, and maybe more than 4.1k if u are against SS zerk, more scad more dmg and hp absorb specially if it always hit critical, i understand how u feel but it is what it is now all we can do is wait for the other classes update, also hoping for a good improvement for sin skills, since most of them are AA :D

actually they no are a threat for an assassin, at least for me, but that skill really hurts. and ofc it need nerfs. that dmg is too much with that cooldown.

#38 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:48 PM

Eliminating Trap

Eliminating Trap Hunter_Disable_Trap.gif Eliminating Trap

Levels: 10

Casting Time: 1 sec

Skill Downtime: 40 Sec

Range: 20 m

Target: Enemy Trap/Totem

Prerequisites Advanced Job: Avenger, Level 60, Detecting Trap Lv1

Eliminates a trap or a totem set in the field.

Level 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Prerequisite Level 60 63 66 69 72 75 78 81 84 87

MP Consumption 86 94 101 110 122 130 137 144 151 171

Trap Removal Chance 70% 73% 75% 78% 80% 83% 85% 88% 90% 93%

Effective Radius 6 m 7 m 8 m 9 m 10 m 11 m 12 m 13 m 14 m 15 m

Targets 1 2 3 4 5 6

Skill Downtime with DNA* 37 sec 34 sec 31 sec 28 sec 25 sec 22 sec 19 sec 16 sec 13 sec 10

this skill can remove any totems right?, if yes then it can counter a team w/ a lot of mystics since it can remove 6, too bad i don't see a lot of avengers.

i have 69 lvl avenger and this skill works great vs mystics xD it also remove Terms of Service :D at 69 lvl avenger is fine at 90 is usueless cause of resistance

#39 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 April 2015 - 12:22 AM

I do agree with a lot of what you are saying here. I also like the idea of flipping the AoE with the Totems. But, there are some issues with what you suggest.

Forsakers losing Chaos Totem may make it tough for the class to ever hope to pull off any great crowd control.

If Mystics are supposed to have a more Supportive role, then they should not be pulling off great crowd control using Chaos Totem.

For Mystics Losing Fire Rain and Hellfire but gaining Fire Totem would probably not ruin the class, though it would be weaker. I think when people say Mystic is OP, I only agree in a Player versus Monster context. Yes, if you want to grind for Exp on massive hordes of beasties you find a Mystic and get yourself a mount and just go rustle them up over and over. That sounds like fun to me. In Player versus Player, I find on my Mystic, Hellfire and Fire Rain are only really so overpowered when a bunch of mindless NPC are jumping into the inferno. Players, well, they tend to walk around.

What about melees? They must walk around all the time without doing damage (and getting fire balls in face)?And just to let u know, the AOE is 20 meter range with other 9 meter range, it hits also casters...but you don't know this things, you never do PvP, go try a FOC and then say me if that AOEs are OP or not.

Anyway, when you will put totem to mystic and AOEs to forsaker?

#40 VanillaNinja

VanillaNinja

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5426 posts
  • LocationHome
  • Server:is unstable

Posted 20 April 2015 - 01:31 AM

instead of nerfing they should make other chars strong

#41 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 20 April 2015 - 02:32 AM

Yeah, I know, they are planning to change the dominator skills in the 2020, when Requiem : Rise of the Bartuk ends.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users