[Issue] Game Progress not saving (15/4/11) - Page 9 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Issue] Game Progress not saving (15/4/11)

• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#201 Cheny

Cheny

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 12:50 PM

can we just do a roll up? popcorn

#202 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:00 PM

can we just do a roll up? popcorn

thanks for the laugh.

my suggestion to the staff:

pull out all the stops on this compensation event. exp bonuses, drop rates, free items, etc. do everything you can to show to your players and customers that they are appreciated.

in fact, naming the event an appreciation event isn't too far off.

also, please hold an IM bonus for 2 weeks. say, 50% increase. 

#203 OwesomeOtter

OwesomeOtter

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

i just started playing again 2 weeks ago ;-;

i cri evrytiem

#204 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 12 April 2015 - 06:19 PM

That is not quite correct. There is a corruption in any daily database back to 3/28. This corruption was not noticeable, because it didn't affect any actual player.

If it's not very noticeable then it should be possible to at least do a partial recovery from older backups and page/index data. Did anyone actually try this?

#205 april21997

april21997

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 87 posts
  • LocationAntipolo City
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 12 April 2015 - 07:45 PM

< Disappointed

Lost Hero Pos Set w/ 6* Elecards and some gold

From lvl 81 back to lvl74

i didnt sleep for 3days last 2 weeks just to lvl up my char

Spent a lot of time/money/effort 

cause i really love this game

but now i dont know what to say what to do 

just hoping miracle will happen 

:p_sick:  :p_sick:  :p_sad:  :p_sad:  :sob:  :sob:

#206 VNGoldStar

VNGoldStar

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

i take all . i need explanation , I need compensation , i come from vietnam , i like dragon saga , i don't Fluent in English, if don't explanation , thank for everything , you gave me motivation to abandon after playing the game for a long time  :sob:  :sob:  :sob: 

#207 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 12 April 2015 - 09:38 PM

If it's not very noticeable then it should be possible to at least do a partial recovery from older backups and page/index data. Did anyone actually try this?

I was told that this has been tried several times. Also I have been told by the producer that this rollback was hard to accept for him. To be honest, I also don't fully understand what happend. 

All what I honestly can tell you is, that the staff tried the very best to prevent what lastly had to happen. They kinda had a breakdown when they finally had to accept that there is no other way.

#208 razorsis

razorsis

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:44 PM

WHATT whe doing with the lost IM ........ :questionmark:

#209 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 12 April 2015 - 11:53 PM

Poppie said, we are getting them back.   :p_smile:

He said the producer told him  this should happen already today (in the other thread, with the producer statement).

#210 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 13 April 2015 - 04:28 AM

I was told that this has been tried several times. Also I have been told by the producer that this rollback was hard to accept for him. To be honest, I also don't fully understand what happend. 

All what I honestly can tell you is, that the staff tried the very best to prevent what lastly had to happen. They kinda had a breakdown when they finally had to accept that there is no other way.

I just thought of something, It seems the hardware failure was not the cause of the database corruption since that happened already on March 28. It was when trying to restore the database that the corruption was discovered, so maybe the hardware failure was a stroke of luck. Like, if the hardware failure had happened say a month from now, the rollback would still have been to March 28 and we would have lost even more progress...?  :p_swt:

#211 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 13 April 2015 - 05:08 AM

I just thought of something, It seems the hardware failure was not the cause of the database corruption since that happened already on March 28. It was when trying to restore the database that the corruption was discovered, so maybe the hardware failure was a stroke of luck. Like, if the hardware failure had happened say a month from now, the rollback would still have been to March 28 and we would have lost even more progress...?  :p_swt:

Yes, you're right. It was a stroke of luck that the hardware finally failed completely last Saturday and not 6 months in the future. And you're also right saying we would have had to rollback everything to the exact same date as now.

The database corruption itself is caused by the same failure that finally resulted into a complete malfunction of the hardware. And so it finally broke. This was a combination of different incidents which were unpredictable to happen all at the same time and therefore it has completely undergone our safety systems. As our Producer already stated, it was a freak incident.

It was the worst what ever could happen and as bad as it is,  we can be kinda "happy" that it decided to break now and instead of 6 month in the future. It was a blessing disguise.

Edited by VModPopcorn, 13 April 2015 - 05:09 AM.

#212 Fatmanu

Fatmanu

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Wyvern

Posted 13 April 2015 - 09:27 AM

How can I post a picture here ?

#213 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 14 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

... I'm freaking glad the little plastic thingy decided to let go last week instead of in a few months.  :p_swt:

Madoka bless the 'luck' we've had here.

#214 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 14 April 2015 - 07:01 PM

... I'm freaking glad the little plastic thingy decided to let go last week instead of in a few months.  :p_swt:

Madoka bless the 'luck' we've had here.

If it had been a few months, I think there would have been another kind of trouble as well because the "guild obsolesence" would have kicked in.

If a guild master doesn't log in for a certain amount of time (don't remember exactly how long, maybe it's two months?) the title is automatically transferred to a vice master (or a common member if there is no vice master, I assume). But with a rollback, it would be like no one in the guild had logged in and there would be no one to become the new guild master.

So in this case it's possible that all guilds would have been deleted.  :Emo_17:

Edited by Laburey21, 14 April 2015 - 07:04 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users