4/22 Classic Maintenance - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

4/22 Classic Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
106 replies to this topic

#26 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:19 PM

Please implement a way that I can turn in 150 of each seal stone to make my hammer Kthx. #questshouldn'tberoadblock
#godpartsneedtobehardestpart

your guildleader got 6 roots of stone in the same week that I got 4 woman's moustaches.

Tell me bro, what was hard about that?

#27 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:21 PM

Xellie's point is that the drop bonus will have an outsize effect on her and her guildmates, meaning that any argument that a drops bonus helps the have-nots catch up to the established players in the server is null and void; in fact, this only serves to widen the gap. you need to come up with a different argument if you want to be taken seriously.

#28 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:24 PM

Sigh. So whilst you're prepping the server for these newbies that we may or may not get, you're allowed us to flood it with high end items so they will never catch up?

Think about it at least! Drop events would be better off as spotlight only events, or on certain items. There are just things Classic does not need more of.

Referring to: ACAs, God components, MVP cards.

And yet you are offering something you claim would be beneficial serverwide? That being no more drop events? I'm not the one offering poor solutions to problems I purport there to be. I spoke no more rudely than you, acting as if what is best for you is best for anyone else. And playing down your clout on this server is just silly. You have yet to explain how drop events are so harmful.

This is not a solution that I personally really vouch for, but it is one I would tolerate; a drop event for most items, with the exception of god pieces and mvp cards. Whether it is effective or not, it's a much better solution than what you are offering.

Reading is a good skill.

Basically, Oda said this:

Good afternoon! Regarding the WoE/God item thread...would there be any interest/incentive for Valhalla to consider either a temporary freeze on the use of God items for the other side to "catch up"?

And I highly doubt the solution lays in giving those of us who have plenty of them even more of them.

Regardless of what they do to drops rates, there is no "catching up". We may all move faster, but the gap remains the same. Or I guess in the case of a guild with so many more people than others [sic], then theoretically the gap will increase; in my favour.

(and that's before we think of new players approaching the server)

So rather than fluffing out  calling me selfish, perhaps you could have just made your suggestion (which is basically the same as mine anyway) and I would have agreed with you.

Valid argument: We need more cute hats. The drop rate on things like kittybands is way too low. Hats are RO.

Edited by Xellie, 22 April 2015 - 12:27 PM.

#29 zerowon

zerowon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 941 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:28 PM

God parts should of been the hardest part and even if I did the kill quest I'd have to pay or bribe nearly every guild leader with a kill count done to make mine. Renewal had it reduced once it's gen population dipped below 2k and they have a hard time gaining enough parts instead of players to do quest.

#30 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:29 PM

Xellie's point is that the drop bonus will have an outsize effect on her and her guildmates, meaning that any argument that a drops bonus helps the have-nots catch up to the established players in the server is null and void; in fact, this only serves to widen the gap. you need to come up with a different argument if you want to be taken seriously.

You are implying that there is any possibility of widening the gap any further. There is a limit, and if we haven't reached it now, we will soon.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:31 PM

God parts should of been the hardest part and even if I did the kill quest I'd have to pay or bribe nearly every guild leader with a kill count done to make mine. Renewal had it reduced once it's gen population dipped below 2k and they have a hard time gaining enough parts instead of players to do quest.

Well they are not.

Deal with it.

Also God Items are supposed to be for a "guild". I don't really see any validity in crying about personal items. Take it up with your guildleader, it's his responsibility/duty to ensure that the guild is rewarded for it's work.

I make sure that my guildmembers reap the rewards of their work. And honestly when we work as a team the seals aren't a big deal. See how we pushed the entirety of seal 4 solo after sunday woe.

You are implying that there is any possibility of widening the gap any further. There is a limit, and if we haven't reached it now, we will soon.

Cool you get it. Now should we hurtle toward the point of no return even faster just because you don't want to make a sensible suggestion?

Edited by Xellie, 22 April 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#32 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Server:bad news

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:32 PM

s> creation pm offer

#33 ceinchase

ceinchase

Too Legit To Quit

• Artist Alley Alliance
  • 2625 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:41 PM

s> creation pm offer

I offer one package of Cheetos and a free oil change

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:42 PM

s> creation pm offer

I offer 50 seal chars and half a seal roll :p_idea:

#35 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:44 PM

Well they are not.

Deal with it.

Also God Items are supposed to be for a "guild". I don't really see any validity in crying about personal items. Take it up with your guildleader, it's his responsibility/duty to ensure that the guild is rewarded for it's work.

I make sure that my guildmembers reap the rewards of their work. And honestly when we work as a team the seals aren't a big deal. See how we pushed the entirety of seal 4 solo after sunday woe.

Cool you get it. Now should we hurtle toward the point of no return even faster just because you don't want to make a sensible suggestion?

When did I ever say I had a solution?? You're the one that gave the so called 'solution' of ending a drop event completely. I'm not saying you have a worse idea than I do, I'm saying it's bad and misleading to say that that would help.

#36 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:46 PM

iro renewal had its requirement reduced when they lost players but afaik the others did not and all them make god items just fine with similar sized populations or even smaller

if you want to have a lazy group of people in a mmo thats fine but you also wont get anywhere in that mmo as well

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:49 PM

When did I ever say I had a solution?? You're the one that gave the so called 'solution' of ending a drop event completely. I'm not saying you have a worse idea than I do, I'm saying it's bad and misleading to say that that would help.

Help with what tho?

All a drop event does is flood a low population server with even more of the crap that makes it harder to compete when starting out.... I already suggested they put in events that don't encompass the problematic items.

However, just so I can understand you better, pray tell, what exactly is a drop event "solving"?

You're the one that gave the so called 'solution' of ending a drop event completely.

Referring to: ACAs, God components, MVP cards.

Drop events would be better off as spotlight only events, or on certain items. There are just things Classic does not need more of.

If you couldn't be bothered to read before complaining, well you know, that is a personal problem and I think you just want to fight for the sake of fighting. You probably hate me for w/e guild affliated reasons and won't be able to see eye to eye with me, because it seems that you think I'm supposed to be some omnipotent being that knows and sees all across the server.

Like I said, you have a keyboard. Don't expect people like me to type crap out for you. I'm not selfish because I address the problems I perceive immediately, assuming that others will do likewise.

Regarding your comment about my "clout" on the server; if you have a suggestion you want posted, I suggest emailing it to my secretary at learntospeakforyourself@warpportalforums.com

Edited by Xellie, 22 April 2015 - 12:58 PM.

#38 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:08 PM

The drop of required characters for seals was before Renewal even hit. The fact that it is still as high and time consuming on a server as tiny as Classic is horrible.

The flip side is that it is almost too late to do anything about it since there is so much free farmed god item parts flooding the server/has been flooding the server.

Basically, it is all a lose lose. Leave seal requirements twice as high as server with 7-10 times the populations... The players with sets who can't make them will eventually quit because why play if you can't even make your -_-. Reduce seal amounts and the server will have many more god items here, which there are all ready too many of. There is no solution that will work, no matter what it will cripple more people.

The server was fun, for the first year. It is at the point were we can keep it alive by only life support with no chance of recovery (unless, see foundry WoE) or pull the plug. 

#39 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:10 PM

Help with what tho?

All a drop event does is flood a low population server with even more of the crap that makes it harder to compete when starting out.... I already suggested they put in events that don't encompass the problematic items.

However, just so I can understand you better, pray tell, what exactly is a drop event "solving"?

If you couldn't be bothered to read before complaining, well you know, that is a personal problem and I think you just want to fight for the sake of fighting. You probably hate me for w/e guild affliated reasons and won't be able to see eye to eye with me, because it seems that you think I'm supposed to be some omnipotent being that knows and sees all across the server.

Like I said, you have a keyboard. Don't expect people like me to type crap out for you. I'm not selfish because I address the problems I perceive immediately, assuming that others will do likewise.

Regarding your comment about my "clout" on the server; if you have a suggestion you want posted, I suggest emailing it to my secretary at learntospeakforyourself@warpportalforums.com

#40 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:15 PM

The drop of required characters for seals was before Renewal even hit. The fact that it is still as high and time consuming on a server as tiny as Classic is horrible.

The flip side is that it is almost too late to do anything about it since there is so much free farmed god item parts flooding the server/has been flooding the server.

Basically, it is all a lose lose. Leave seal requirements twice as high as server with 7-10 times the populations... The players with sets who can't make them will eventually quit because why play if you can't even make your -_-. Reduce seal amounts and the server will have many more god items here, which there are all ready too many of. There is no solution that will work, no matter what it will cripple more people.

The server was fun, for the first year. It is at the point were we can keep it alive by only life support with no chance of recovery (unless, see foundry WoE) or pull the plug. 

50 count seals were an iRO special, not vanilla. :p_idea:

can't make!= won't make.

Not sure how many people other players think we do seals with, but it's less than half of 10. It just takes time. Where your god items used to take a year to collect the set, now it takes a matter of weeks, and a month to create the chars/quest. I'd say that's not bad.

less qq more pew pew in the gd

#41 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:28 PM

50 count seals were an iRO special, not vanilla. :p_idea:

Welcome to iRO! It has been doing well and hasn't closed like other RO things, so they must be doing something right.   :p_omg:

Half the seal characters required on a server with 3-4k population (Renewal) and it was that way since Renewal was "prerenewal". 

Twice as many seal characters required on a server with 300-400 population, including all of the bots, venders, a-_-, ect (Classic).

Common sense is all that is needed to figure this problem out.

#42 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:30 PM

yeah classic should only need 5 chars to roll the seals. its math guys

#43 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:35 PM

Rate trolling as always.

It should have been 50 per seal from the beginning. I will admit that it is too late for this now.

Again it's a lose lose. There is no splatoon that will work for everyone.

#44 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:36 PM

basic math

#45 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:37 PM

he isnt trolling thats what you guys would prefer to happen as you say

#46 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:47 PM

Please show me where somebody wanted 5 characters per seal roll, Zleep. Too many people that all they do is troll :(.

#47 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:53 PM

we need to discuss if they would appear after 2 chars or after 3 chars. what do you think?

#48 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:54 PM

People want to play the game. Doing four different quests 100 times each isnt playing the game. Therefore nobody wants to actually do dumb seal quests, it's not a good prerequisite to make items. Especially when you consider that VH are probably going to always have at least one set of quests completed so it's unlikely anyone else is going to make items until anything happens with that.

It's not a good move to just change the seals to 50 right now, just like it's not a good move to just reset econs. If it was a part of a larger change related to fixing the problem sure I can support that.

That said these regular drop events are dumb, there didnt even seem to be a good reason for this one. We still have that 2x exp event that I think we're just going to have permanently at this point and we've got more exp events on top of that. While exp events dont really have a direct effect on the economy, every time they leave the server loses some activity as people have to get used to the slower rates. It feels a lot like the server's pretty active right now but I'm not sure the trade off is really worth it.

#49 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:57 PM

What's the larger change? I can't think of any change that would fix all of the problem with only pissing off minimal amounts of players. Closest I came was just a marketing campaign to increase population since this would help a lot.

Server is in a tough spot.

#50 needmorezleep

needmorezleep

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1013 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 01:59 PM

people do it with 10 people usually if you want it cut in half itll prob be 5 or slightly less.

btw what's the difference between killing 10000 monsters for a level or 100 quests for an item? some people might enjoy doing those quests or killing those monsters for rewards and some may not.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users