Costume Quve Mask - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Costume Quve Mask

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

#26 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:42 AM

It was not a quest, actually. The masks and Costume WPH were from a box 2 years ago. Ever since, they never went back. It'd be nice to have them in boxes every 2-3 years because, like I said, it's nice to have an item that's nearly impossible to obtain every now and then

Yeah, I was going to edit the post, but... Thank you anyway.

#27 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:47 AM

Nah. As mentioned in another thread, if no items will be one of the "nearly-impossible-to-obtain" ones then the thrill of having those items around and people aiming to eventually get them will disappear. Might as well remove the effects if it's going to be available year-round.

It's nice to have a pretty nice item (talking about both effect and look here) that's somehow unobtainable unless you were lucky enough to have obtained one during an event/holiday. I'm not saying that because I have one -- I'd say the same thing if I didn't have 'em. Heck, like I said, I don't complain if I don't have any Beach Towels.

Beach Towels don't give a strong effect.

There's no "Nah" here, it's the truth. It's one of the strongest items for an aspd builds and it if it stays, it should not be rare.

I'm just going to bring it up in Tiki Tuesday until we get a definitive answer. If they keep the effect, I'll push for it to be common for everyone.

Edited by Myzery, 27 April 2015 - 08:47 AM.

#28 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:02 AM

It was not a quest, actually. The masks and Costume WPH were from a box 2 years ago. Ever since, they never went back. It'd be nice to have them in boxes every 2-3 years because, like I said, it's nice to have an item that's nearly impossible to obtain every now and then.

they were in a black Friday sale last year.

#29 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:10 AM

FAW says it gives 1% ATK but it only gives 1 ATK instead. Why are you guys not complaining about that also? Maybe because the ones who cant afford a Quve Mask for sure can't afford a +9 FAW and it does not impact in their selfish lifes....

I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT THAT!

5% is like +50atk!

As for Quve, w/e.
More then 1 unobtainable costume that gives outrageous effects!

It's just sad i have to look like a retard with crappy gear just because i want their effects!

Edited by IronFist, 27 April 2015 - 10:12 AM.

#30 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 27 April 2015 - 10:55 AM

they were in a black Friday sale last year.

Ah yea, forgot about that. Well see, it's not that rare. C'mon...

There's no "Nah" here, it's the truth. It's one of the strongest items for an aspd builds and it if it stays, it should not be rare.

I'm just going to bring it up in Tiki Tuesday until we get a definitive answer. If they keep the effect, I'll push for it to be common for everyone.

I don't get how the trend has become "the strongest items must not be rare." I can't see the sense in that. Shouldn't it be the other way around? If you want this to be a common item, then better just have the effects removed. I don't mind.

Edited by Exuro, 27 April 2015 - 11:10 AM.

#31 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:36 AM

Lol what? Is costume +aspd faw common for everyone?

These costumes are not too op, not too common, just like they should be. You all are just arguing for the sake of it.

It's too late to remove them now, they've been working for so long, that they are part of builds, gameplay, economy.

#32 Havenn

Havenn

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6523 posts
  • LocationRagnarok Online

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:47 AM

Lol what? Is costume +aspd faw common for everyone?

These costumes are not too op, not too common, just like they should be. You all are just arguing for the sake of it.

It's too late to remove them now, they've been working for so long, that they are part of builds, gameplay, economy.

Rudolf argument all over again here

#33 Noxnel

Noxnel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1595 posts
  • LocationUnder the floorboards

Posted 27 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

And I don't feel like my curiosity was soothed... Still, thank you.

#34 sv003

sv003

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1061 posts
  • LocationOklahoma

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:07 PM

Glad I made it my signature look, so it's staying with me. :P

Hey, I don't have that Beach Towel costume and I don't complain. :heh:

I don't have the "Beach Towel" item and I do complain :P

Adventurer's Trusty Towel is awesome and unlike many items was introduced once... Devoted eyes should of stayed a "Beta" item only... /pif

#35 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

S> beach towel costume

Price: negotiable zeny + time invested lobbying to have the item unbound

#36 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:09 PM

Honestly I feel like if Greece belly-upped due to its untenable welfare state, some of its citizens would migrate to the USA and complain we should have better welfare here.

And the cycle of stupidity continues.

Edited by Jaye, 27 April 2015 - 07:10 PM.

#37 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 07:24 PM

the entire EU is a welfare state.

#38 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:06 PM

The whole world moves in that direction until we start a war over it.

"So... you've borrowed 600,000,000,000 so far for your 70% of the population who does not work... um, pay up."

"uhhh.. we don't have that sort of money... if you want we'll print some money that has no value other than the fact we say it does...?"

"No, pay up. With something other than your monopoly money."

"We don't... um... can we borrow some money to pay you back with? *^-^* "

"brb with tanks."

#39 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:20 PM

Aaaand I don't understand why they nerfed rudolf actually. It wasn't too op and people had to sacrifice some good headgears to use it.

Also, once again, why do you care? This game has tons of serious issues and here we're arguing about things that aren't doing anything bad to anyone.

#40 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:24 PM

Aaaand I don't understand why they nerfed rudolf actually. It wasn't too op and people had to sacrifice some good headgears to use it.

Also, once again, why do you care? This game has tons of serious issues and here we're arguing about things that aren't doing anything bad to anyone.

Did you really want to start this argument again? You're wrong, wrong, wrong. This type of item negatively impacts the quality of the game as a whole. It devalues effort bigtime, makes new players dependent on it, makes people incapable of handling higher level content, etc. It hurts the economy, too. Hell, it even effects WoE. There are so many things wrong with this sort of game mechanic and you want to turn a blind eye to it because it's a big shiny read "Easy" button. Easy buttons are BAD BAD BAD for the gamer, ultimately. Get it through your head.

#41 belenoi

belenoi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1055 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:42 PM

Did you really want to start this argument again? You're wrong, wrong, wrong. This type of item negatively impacts the quality of the game as a whole. It devalues effort bigtime, makes new players dependent on it, makes people incapable of handling higher level content, etc. It hurts the economy, too. Hell, it even effects WoE. There are so many things wrong with this sort of game mechanic and you want to turn a blind eye to it because it's a big shiny read "Easy" button. Easy buttons are BAD BAD BAD for the gamer, ultimately. Get it through your head.

Lol, no u. You're exaggerating insanely. These costumes give minor bonuses and we have have costumes with effects now like shadow armor or costume wings. So what's the difference? And what about new players who already invested into these costumes? So you don't care about them? It's too damn late to remove them. You could ask to remove them week or 2 or month. But now too many people invested into them.

#42 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10855 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:52 PM

Oh please remove the effect since we need to balance the server ... :p_devil: :p_err:

#43 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 09:55 PM

i'd be ok with the costumes being nerfed to like half or a quarter of its effect.  The halloween mask only giving 5% etc etc, bapho hat only giving 500% milk effect instead of 2000% and 15% hp/sp.  Then give its full function back during their event timeframes.  I have a set of the halloween masks, and honestly i really hate using them due to how butt ugly they are.

Something that won't have as big of an impact as they do now.

#44 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:34 AM

I have a set of the halloween masks, and honestly i really hate using them due to how butt ugly they are.

Of course, that's subjective :heh:

#45 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 28 April 2015 - 02:45 AM

Who really benefits for these masks?

Rightclickers? So GX's

Lude Mask? well everyone can use it, but Preists mostly and maybe a mado mechanic with repair.

Most of the population is DB knights and Arrowshower Rangers.

I don't see anyone complaining about how +ranged % is calculated!

So go back to you're easy mode char and stop complaining about necessity to reach 193 because renewal overlooked their weapon atk spd mods.
You try getting 193 with duel swords, let alone an orchish axe for 100% on large which is like -40atkspd

Edited by IronFist, 28 April 2015 - 02:49 AM.

#46 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 04:43 AM

The whole world moves in that direction until we start a war over it.

"So... you've borrowed 600,000,000,000 so far for your 70% of the population who does not work... um, pay up."
"uhhh.. we don't have that sort of money... if you want we'll print some money that has no value other than the fact we say it does...?"
"No, pay up. With something other than your monopoly money."
"We don't... um... can we borrow some money to pay you back with? *^-^* "
"brb with tanks."

I'm waiting for the day the US tells China to shove it. As my college econ professor said, when that happens, whatever y'all were planning to do that day, go and do something else.

#47 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:04 AM

Re-release them again so noone can complain they're rare. Effects aren't that amazing anyways, you definitely don't NEED them (I have them but rather use cute costumes) :v

#48 Lapphy

Lapphy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts
  • LocationStafford, VA

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:07 AM

S> quve mask 1b

#49 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:37 AM

Lol, no u. You're exaggerating insanely. These costumes give minor bonuses and we have have costumes with effects now like shadow armor or costume wings. So what's the difference? And what about new players who already invested into these costumes? So you don't care about them? It's too damn late to remove them. You could ask to remove them week or 2 or month. But now too many people invested into them.

Nobody is exaggerating. It actually had a very noticeable effect on the game. Even if it were slow power creep, its still power creep and unjustified. You won't be happy until we're a slow boiled frog to a pRO-style crash, huh?

EVERY TIME we get a temp effect that is stronger than the current power creep of the game, SOMEBODY asks for it to stay. It doesn't take THAT long for the power creep to escalate to MVP cards from the cash shop and scrolls that give safe to +15, or costumes with +20 to all stats. It really doesn't. You need to nip this crap in the bud before people destroy their own server with incessant greed and entitlement. It should be GM's job to foresee this nonsense, and like a good guardian, just say 'no'.

Edited by Jaye, 28 April 2015 - 05:39 AM.

#50 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 06:02 AM

Honestly, I just don't like people looking like my Warlock. I want it to be rare so I can be unique for once! Yes, I know there's WPH and Gozarian Mask, but of course you'd prefer to wear your actual headgears when leveling.

If people are complaining too much about the rarity of these costumes, then just request to have the effects removed. It's not the end of the world for us who own them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users