Server Maintenance at 2015/4/30 - Page 5 - Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance at 2015/4/30

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#101 UraharaStore

UraharaStore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:07 PM

Can we have the community appreciation ring as our compensation? please

#102 tZerot

tZerot

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 03 May 2015 - 07:12 PM

barbarian at level 10 has an 89% chance to freeze but is only obtainable by farming or buying blue poison mushroom cards, either of which are time consuming.

stumblebum at level 10 does have 59% stun rate at level 10 which also requires cards and is also time consuming to achieve, which is why it's being discussed.

i would prefer stumblebum having 100% stun rate as previous and instant cast time and a movement speed debuff of about 20%. 

No Stun, Block (Yes I'm referring to Twin and Pally class), Freeze or Evade should ever be 100%, because that's not realistic.  Realistically speaking, there's ALWAYS  a chance that a hit will not connect, a stun attempt will miss, or a Attack will not be successfully blocked or dodged.

Edited by tZerot, 03 May 2015 - 07:12 PM.

#103 falcoford

falcoford

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 May 2015 - 09:48 PM

Stumblebum should not have 100% stun rate and instant cast time..... That would be so broken lmao... Gotta pick and choose.

Edited by falcoford, 03 May 2015 - 09:49 PM.

#104 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:49 AM

No Stun, Block (Yes I'm referring to Twin and Pally class), Freeze or Evade should ever be 100%, because that's not realistic. Realistically speaking, there's ALWAYS a chance that a hit will not connect, a stun attempt will miss, or a Attack will not be successfully blocked or dodged.

i'm having some difficulty trying to understand where you're seeing anything realistic with a games mechanics, especially one where the avatar heads are far larger and disproportionate to the rest of the body. i still can't find my characters nose.

but let's get a few facts straight. evade prior to its nerf was never 100%. 70% was the reported cap, but it was also affected by level differences, so it was actually higher depending on the respective levels of the opponents.

stun skills in general are difficult to execute, have lengthy requirements to fulfill, or are limited by their range and various other restrictions. this does not include knockdowns with a specific animation, flinch locks, or other methods of rendering an opponent incapacitated.

chain combos that stun do not have a stun rate to even consider or modify. once the animation targets the hitbox of the opponent and is executed, it will always stun. this would most likely need additional dev tools to remove from the chain combo itself. another method would be to remove the chain combo completely which would be redundant since not all chain combos stun.

block rate was quite a problem, but it was never 100%. evade ninjas were overpowered since they could stack evade and still have block rate on hand. but again, it was never 100%.

imagine chasing an opponent with 500 move speed using a skill that can stun but only by chance. what are your chances of catching that opponent before he kills you or the timer runs out?

it wouldn't be impossible, but it would be pretty difficult. stumblebum is an easily avoidable skill for a class that is ground locked until an opponent is launched. even if it gets reverted, they would still be somewhere in the bottom of the pvp class chain. this is not to say that they can't be up there, but it takes more than one skill to do it. despite those set backs, i have yet to see any overlord stack to take advantage of the classes current benefits since many are so turned off by their current state.

#105 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:56 AM

Stumblebum should not have 100% stun rate and instant cast time..... That would be so broken lmao... Gotta pick and choose.

Ehhh not really, even when Stumblebum had 100% stun and the Myrm was affected by casting acceleration making it an instant cast the skill wasn't broken, it was sometimes super annoying but never broken.

but let's get a few facts straight. evade prior to its nerf was never 100%. 70% was the reported cap, but it was also affected by level differences, so it was actually higher depending on the respective levels of the opponents.

That's actually  false in the history of DS evade was (for a very long time) 100% and it was horrifying before it was nerfed. It was completely possible for some classes to do 15v1s and win.

Edited by StormHaven, 04 May 2015 - 01:06 AM.

#106 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 12:59 AM

it gives the image of being overpowered when it's not. there is a major difference between cast time and cast animation. even if the cast time were removed or greatly reduced, the cast animation would still take affect, though much faster. to fully take advantage of that feature, high movement speed would be ideal, which would most likely lead to a squishy movement speed build because casting stumblebum with a 1.5 second stun duration would force you to consider the fastest build that can make you reach your opponent before that stun wears off.

Edited by noxis, 04 May 2015 - 01:04 AM.

#107 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:11 AM

That's actually false in the history of DS evade was (for a very long time) 100% and it was horrifying before it was nerfed. It was completely possible for some classes to do 15v1s and win.

Then I must have magically beat Tajima and red with GM powers.

#108 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:14 AM

That's actually false in the history of DS evade was (for a very long time) 100% and it was horrifying before it was nerfed. It was completely possible for some classes to do 15v1s and win.

15v1 was quite possible to do with capsules. but evade was never 100%.

#109 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:19 AM

Stumblebum used to lower aim, Now it lowers opponents evade. Which I find very helpful since I had around 130 aim back in the old aim rate system. I would love to see stumblebum receive the 100% stun rate back and still keep the lower evade debuff. I always loved to bully overlords since I play it myself and I know what they are weak to(abuse overlords entire skill base with flinch skills)Overlords have 2-4 anti flinch skill which is pretty useless in most cases though. They should also receive other buffs other than stumblebum. I find the damage they do compared to other classes extremely low. High burst potential then the respective cool down time after the burst costs more (Loses more dps) than it should be. I play both pvp and pve, but I suck at pvp with overlords so maybe its just that (pm me if you wanna pvp my overlord lvl 82).

I did suggest a slight raise of the current CD cap on overlords. They need a bit more love. Maybe Mayweather will offer them some hugs.

#110 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:28 AM

Then I must have magically beat Tajima and red with GM powers.

15v1 was quite possible to do with capsules. but evade was never 100%.

Evade was nerfed twice in DS, the first nerf took it from 100% to a 70% softcap, the 2nd nerf took it from 70% to 20%. The time when Taj,Red, etc played evade was 70% capped (which was RoP-New Origins), but before RoP evade was capped at 100%.

Edited by StormHaven, 04 May 2015 - 01:32 AM.

#111 sean718

sean718

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:49 AM

Evade was nerfed twice in DS, the first nerf took it from 100% to a 70% softcap, the 2nd nerf took it from 70% to 20%. The time when Taj,Red, etc played evade was 70% capped (which was RoP-New Origins), but before RoP evade was capped at 100%.

It was never truly 100% before the 70% cap. But then again, my aim was quite high and I did miss quite a bit before it but was still able to hit due to solid aim increase by stacking. Though that formula is now obsolete.

As for a quick fix for evade. It would be possible to give a job based boost of a solid 20% evade that can be upgraded by gear but also have a cap of 50%. Much like how critical rate works. Those katars with block damage and block rate isn't doing the ninja class any favors especially when recipe weapons don't even have them.

Edited by sean718, 04 May 2015 - 01:56 AM.

#112 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:32 AM

server files for pre 70% cap was based on the slope formula in comparison with aim rate. the difference was just astronomical. to be precise, there was no actual cap. the real cap was the available options on equipment and gear. much like movement speed and attack speed, neither of which have a cap.

Edited by noxis, 04 May 2015 - 02:42 AM.

#113 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 May 2015 - 05:36 AM

I did suggest a slight raise of the current CD cap on overlords. They need a bit more love. Maybe Mayweather will offer them some hugs.

Mayweather is apparently the Overlord god.

We have a 400% CD cap which is high compared to others. I just want Physical attack to have more impact as we can hit 75k-100k+ attack buffed but are still outdamaged by a considerable number of classes.

#114 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:07 AM

We have a 400% CD cap which is high compared to others. I just want Physical attack to have more impact as we can hit 75k-100k+ attack buffed but are still outdamaged by a considerable number of classes.

cd cap should be increased for overlords since they are supposed to be known for high outputs of damage. 

a small increase should be done to effectively display that fact. but even without an increase, they can still do considerable damage in pvp and pve in our current state (withholding future pvp and elemental possibilities) when considering elemental factors. it would not be difficult to achieve 7k element attack with bloody roar, but since resistance takes a part in the equation and depending on the opponent, that may not amount to much of an increase at true end game levels. 

true end game would be to consider maximum possible resist, versus maximum possible element attack and see how it plays out. in that scenario, overlords will still be out dps'd by other classes. they have one possible stat that can be maximized in that case which is critical damage. it is the only modifier specifically true to their class because of physical damage buffs obtainable by bloody roar and a 2 handed weapon. 

overlords cannot reach high rates of combos and burst dps like some other classes, but they should at least hit hard enough on their skills to make up for that difference.

#115 Infin1te

Infin1te

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 08:09 AM

You're outdamaged by other phys classes cause you don't have any 6*s to back that high phys attack up. Not a single one.

From some of the combos I've seen overlords pull. Pretty high damage if they had a few 6* attacks.

#116 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

You're outdamaged by other phys classes cause you don't have any 6*s to back that high phys attack up. Not a single one.

From some of the combos I've seen overlords pull. Pretty high damage if they had a few 6* attacks.

I've used level 60 accessories and achieved 3k element attack. Just 1 6* immediately would bump it up to 4k+.

#117 noxis

noxis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:10 AM

I've used level 60 accessories and achieved 3k element attack. Just 1 6* immediately would bump it up to 4k+.

exactly. it may seem high, but high element attack is quite different when compared to the small amount of multiple hits overlords can do with their skills. it is not nearly enough compared to spammers, quick shoot downs, etc. so a damage increase would actually put them on almost even grounds.

Edited by noxis, 04 May 2015 - 10:10 AM.

#118 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:38 AM

Hello,

regarding Stumblebum:

How it's now on Level 5:

Chance of Stun 54%, Final Evade Rate -38%, Min Phys. Attack -40%, Max Phys. Attack -40%

How it was on Level 5:

Chance of Stun 100%, Aim Rate -40%, Min Phys. Attack -40%, Max Phys. Attack -40%

Edited by VModPopcorn, 04 May 2015 - 10:38 AM.

#119 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:03 PM

Anyone else find it dumb that everything goes through pvp modifier's of -90%, except healing and elements?

What is the current dev team capable of?

ie, They were able to remove restrictions from item's like Ragged Ghost Set.

ie. They were able to revert Crosscut and Broom Jab's shared cooldown.

What want to see in future updates.

-Element's goes through pvp modifier -90%.

-Sorcerer magic, spell whiffing, or quick cancel (skill)->(jump)->(skill) Like Paladin's

-Healing goes through a -80% effectivity pvp modifier.

-Soulbound behavior to allow items to be shared throughout the account.

-Drop Table Revamp, monster count chest revamp 100,300/500/1000 etc.

-Block animation revert, so it doesn't stop the dragoon/ninja from attacking (Passive Blocking)

-BSQ deathbuff, removed upon obtaining a flag or killing an enemy.

-Increased cooldown on crowd control, decrease duration of debuffs,

-*Dreaming* Resource escape, a skill that help escape by consuming awakening, to prevent locks.

#120 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 01:11 PM

About the ragged ghost set, most (newish?) IM sets have two versions to them usually it's either a stated or statless one, In the case of a couple of sets (Mainly the God sets and Ragged Ghost) there's a version that allows for sockets and a version that doesn't. That's why occasionally you'll see IM sets missing stats or etc.

You're right about that is dumb that elements and healing doing go through the pvp modifier, at one point it did make sense for healing to not go through the modifier since classes with heals did very little damage and were squishy, but that time as long past.

Edited by StormHaven, 04 May 2015 - 01:15 PM.

#121 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:30 PM

About the ragged ghost set, most (newish?) IM sets have two versions to them usually it's either a stated or statless one, In the case of a couple of sets (Mainly the God sets and Ragged Ghost) there's a version that allows for sockets and a version that doesn't. That's why occasionally you'll see IM sets missing stats or etc.

Wait there are other IM sets that have no socket restriction other than the ragged ghost set now?

#122 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 02:49 PM

Wait there are other IM sets that have no socket restriction other than the ragged ghost set now?

Originally the God sets were introduced with 1st and 2nd socket slots on another version, but interest of the player base here Shazam choose not to have the socketed versions put in due to balance reasons with elements.

#123 UraharaStore

UraharaStore

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 May 2015 - 10:01 PM

Please allow paladin to use TR in bsq/pvp. Pally is so weak atm u guys should give pally more buffs.

#124 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 04:45 AM

Please allow paladin to use TR in bsq/pvp. Pally is so weak atm u guys should give pally more buffs.

5/5 TR is near insta cast spin it bear and a cooldown gap on both storm blades so low that you can infinitely air lock.

#125 Seenzoned

Seenzoned

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 May 2015 - 08:21 AM

Hello,

regarding Stumblebum:

How it's now on Level 5:
Chance of Stun 54%, Final Evade Rate -38%, Min Phys. Attack -40%, Max Phys. Attack -40%

How it was on Level 5:
Chance of Stun 100%, Aim Rate -40%, Min Phys. Attack -40%, Max Phys. Attack -40%

Wat about 100% stun rate, Aim Rate -40%, Final Eva Rate -38%, with ASPD -15%?

Since i think eva is still needed for pve wise due to f7 boosting some low level char and help cast stumblebum to make them at least can hit bombs to get combo, also in pvp as an overlord, i still miss tbh >,<

ASPD will also help alot for any pve mobs or in pvp

Edit : Because i think reduce base damage is actually kinda useless?, and asking for lower aspd maybe kinda greedy XD

Edited by 100000850662272, 05 May 2015 - 08:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users