Updating irowiki! [ how you can help ] [Classic] - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Updating irowiki! [ how you can help ] [Classic]

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

#26 Rate

Rate

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1114 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:bad news

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:46 PM

The problem is their stealth changes to old drop rates, ie Orleans glove among others. People saying nid garbs are at around 5% base when it should be 20. I haven't done it enough to confirm that, but it wouldn't surprise me. You should be demanding real drop rates from cms instead of guessing

Edited by Rate, 17 May 2015 - 04:47 PM.

#27 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 17 May 2015 - 04:53 PM

Classic is a unique server just give us the info CMs

#28 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 09:52 PM

It is a problem, there's just not much one person can do about it. The GMs have never really given us specifics as far as I'm aware. The reason we have the numbers we do is mostly from leaks of server scripts giving us this data. Although in the weird world we have where almost everything in any game gets datamined instantly we can probably make a case.

I will write a PM to Oda and see what we can do, but it'll probably take more than the effort of one person to get them to alter their stance on it as it's probably not his decision alone.

#29 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:04 PM

Go higher up the totem pole

iRO has been dependent on its external information sources for many years, Classic is unique in that we can't rip kRO's data/orlolleakedsoftware and for the playerbase's enjoyment, it is important to set their expectations correctly and give them access to the same level of information to which they have become accustomed.

I can say more, but this would become a speech. Just believe me Oda, tell your bosses, this is important to the players of classic.

#30 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:21 PM

Here's what I just sent to Oda:

"In Xellies thread (here) Rate started talking about getting the drop details updated for the Classic DB. This is absolutely something I'd like to do given all the changes we've had over the last year or so. However it's straight up not going to work with the current descriptors you've laid out for us. I posted about it here with some example images of how the database would look when applying your descriptors to existing data.

I've already expressed my dislike of the way it's currently broken down here (you even said it wasnt a bad idea). But honestly specific numbers are going to be significantly more useful. When people start looking at drop rates and experience rates they are forced to put them through a handful of multipliers on this server (base rates, event rates, VIP, Gum/Manuals) and in order to know what to expect it's very important that we have the specific data to work with.

There has already been a lot of confusion and anger with drop changes made so far that are not documented anywhere (Dimensional Gorge and Orleans Glove drop rates). What we really want to do is make a place where people can go and know exactly what they're getting. I was speaking with someone who had played on that pserver and he was mentioning how much he enjoyed being able to find out those sorts of details (they had an ingame database command that showed exact experience amounts and drop chances) and how annoying it is to look it up here knowing that it still may not be correct.

Most games these days are heavily datamined and things dont really stay secret for that long. A majority of the data we're asking for is already public knowledge, there's no reason to keep hiding it away behind vague descriptions because it doesnt help anyone that way. The players want to know what they're getting themselves into when they start killing things, every other server has those details available, why not Classic?"

Including a link to this post, if we can get more people commenting on it hopefully we can get them to see that having an accurate database is actually a pretty important tool for players in a server with as many customisations as Classic.

#31 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 May 2015 - 10:24 PM

A+ I will try to drop a message to Oda too and/or find out who's arm he has to twist to get these numbers so I can help

#32 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10262 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 18 May 2015 - 04:34 PM

Have started updating the repeatable exp event page!

#33 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 02:28 PM

Cool.

For those wondering he also responded to my PM mentioning that was something he was pursuing internally. If you need any sort of public support let us know, I'm sure we can get enough people to push for it.

I'll get back to working on the pages I mentioned before this week when I get the chance, been thinking a little bit about how to present leveling options to people.

#34 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:18 PM

There is some uneditable page I would like to edit for better readability (this one). I'm not sure who I need to ask for this.

I only know Juno, Izlude and Rachel "bounty boards" are there some other ones I missed?

#35 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:20 PM

it's a category, it's automatically generated

#36 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:25 PM

Alright, thanks.

#37 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 19 May 2015 - 11:34 PM

If you want to clean up the Monster Exclusive Skills page, look at redirects, it seems all the ones that dont get dumped into N all have redirects from their original name. Not sure if just creating a redirect will fix it or not but it seems to be the big difference. If you want to see what redirects where just open up a page and select Page Information from the toolbar on the left at the very bottom.

As for extra bounty boards, those are the only extra three that I know of.

#38 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 02:22 PM

Found this:

_Lava Golem repeatable exp quest added, speak to Jotun Tribesman at mag_dun01 (128, 79)

Available for players between level 70 and 90
Killing 50: 484800/290700
Killing 100: 969600/581400
Killing 150: 1454400/872100

http://forums.warppo...r-january-2014/

Saving it for later so I dont lose it and can update it.

#39 darkabe

darkabe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 20 May 2015 - 11:09 PM

Would it be possible to know the stats of the monsters involved in god item creation please? This would include the four mobs of the kill count and the MVP. I would like to add a page describing that quest with links to the monsters that need to be killed.

Edited by darkabe, 20 May 2015 - 11:10 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users