Renewal May 26 Maintenance - Page 12 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Renewal May 26 Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
298 replies to this topic

#276 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 May 2015 - 09:35 PM

Wipe the whole Thor server then migrate them to Chaos! :D

#277 RHMY

RHMY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:13 PM

Don't wipe thor, my friends and I already spent $$$$ on it, we also got wipe during migration, from having 15+ mvp equips, to using only mocking hood and vvs fire katana, to others who still crying about their lost equips, please stop crying and move on already...

#278 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:27 PM

its just a suggestion.

just because were suggesting stuff like this doesn't mean we're that bitter. :v stop assuming LOL! 

#279 Shachi

Shachi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1469 posts
  • LocationXandar

Posted 27 May 2015 - 10:34 PM

i am one of the fallen 500 from thor, so far, i was able to gain end game items thru buy and sell and refining items. If GMs will wipe everything, then that will be the end of my ragnarok life.

Edited by Shachi, 27 May 2015 - 10:35 PM.

#280 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:20 AM

i was thinking about this idea also it they wipe the storages/zenny the zeny problem in Thor will be fixed

but on the other hand the non fallen users or the users that had not a problem of their items becoming unknown items they will quit/whine etc. 

If they're as strong and resilient as they claim to be, then they'll only whine for a bit and then eventually just rise again. Besides, it's for the good of THEIR server, unless they're pricks wanting to keep the imbalance.

#281 kokeshicat

kokeshicat

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 886 posts
  • LocationCamp Half-Blood

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:27 AM

If they're as strong and resilient as they claim to be, then they'll only whine for a bit and then eventually just rise again. Besides, it's for the good of THEIR server, unless they're pricks wanting to keep the imbalance.

^word. even without those equipments, if they have the skills especially on levelling they can easily get those items. :/ as long as they have their characters intact. 

Spoiler

#282 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:33 AM

Bottom line is that Thor will remain to be branded as a "broken server" until a wipe is done. We all know the extent of duping that has been going on in there, and also how much +15 equipment and boss cards remained after the migration. Migration item restriction mechanics failed, basically! It'll be difficult for new players to catch up at this rate.

#283 RHMY

RHMY

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 12:48 AM

My friends and I don't see Thor as a broken server, we did spend a little $$$$ and purchase items from kafra shop, it doesnt cost much to be able to get good equips, soon we will be hunting for mvp gears again. The last thing we need is having another wipe

Edited by RHMY, 28 May 2015 - 12:52 AM.

#284 Accelolita

Accelolita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAcademy City
  • Server:iRO Thor and Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:00 AM

Thank you so much for the hardwork Campithor. Q_Q 

My characters are still getting DCed, usually the ones I spent the most money on by buying from the cash shop... especially my beloved Snake Hat that helped me fight low-end MvPs... I'm still hoping they will get fixed, and the items I I relied on would still remain somehow... they are cash shop bought and Blacksmith Crafted anyway, while some others are gifted to me by a friend, a guild leader there, when I was still starting out...

@Topic of full server wipe

I fully understand the idea of having that implemented, and I know it's all fun if everyone started out with fresh low-end gears and with 0 zeny, all the while working their way up... but as long as bots exists, as long as players who relies and uses bots exists and plays, that fragile illusion of "Starting out on a Blank Slate" will end either way; it's like putting a bandage on an open wound that would continue to bleed, instead of suturing it..

And I know that some people out there are REALLY abusing the chaos that is happening right now, with the dupes and all of that, and I agree that they should be stopped, but wiping a whole server, while taking into consideration the minority of players who have gained their gears through buying from the Cash Shop and all the legal means acceptable, would still create problems later on; they either whine endlessly, or worse, lose the will to play and quit, all the while thinking to themselves that they spent their money for nothing.

If one really does want to start out from a blank slate, (and I know majority of people might reject this idea), might as well make a new Server, or a client where bots are totally not allowed and has zero chance of working, if that is even possible, and start fresh from there, attaining the true "Starting out on a Blank Slate" state, everybody who want to control the economy will spend hours and hours MANUALLY farming maps for crafting ingredients from Headgears, Equips, to stuff that are craftable by certain job classes or spending real money in the in-game Cash Shop.

In a nutshell, there is a possibility that WP didn't opted to fully wipe everything as much as it is possible to prevent such problems from arising, if they are able to save an equipment or item from being wiped just so the server could work, they will do it. At the cost, that item may or may not be obtained through Legal Means... Majority (who relied on illegal ways just to get those items) vs Minority (who relied on legal ways just to get those items); I think they at least wanted to save the minority, even if the bad majority would also be saved in the process... and all will be akin to the Hippocratic Oath; the will to help anyone no matter who they are and which side they are from.

Otherwise, I could not see any other reason, other than a few I could think of, on why Campitor would work THAT hard just to try and fix this problem, which could be easily solved by doing a mass wipe-out.

Edited by Accelolita, 28 May 2015 - 03:02 AM.

#285 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:45 AM

I understand all these sentiments. I'd be hesitant as well if they're going to wipe out my hard-earned items. However, I'd start to lose the drive to play on a broken server overtime.

My friends and I don't see Thor as a broken server, we did spend a little $$$$ and purchase items from kafra shop, it doesnt cost much to be able to get good equips, soon we will be hunting for mvp gears again. The last thing we need is having another wipe

You would say that, of course. But reality shows that there are tons of dupe items in Thor. There may also be some in Chaos, but there are a lot more in Thor, because as CMs have mentioned before, duped items are DIFFICULT to find (probably because RO is using old tech).

Furthermore, there's this Fallen500 issue and how some of the non-affected players were able to bring in their MVP cards and +15 equipment. Even if you insist that the server isn't broken, it actually is.

I acknowledge Campitor's effort, and he did mention that even the tool from kRO couldn't resolve the problem, that it created more problems.

This is why I think it might be better to have a full server wipe. I'm not saying this to offend anyone. I'm saying this because I think it's the only way right now to fix all the crap in Thor. It's a last resort, of course; and maybe if they indeed go through with a wipe, they'll just be giving everyone compensations so everyone will be on equal footing again.

Wouldn't you like a fresh, balanced and fixed server?

#286 babyblerd

babyblerd

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:42 AM

a little bit off topic but how about the gender character issue? Mine become MALE after the migration, I don't find it sexy when my character is male haha! I miss my female Suraaaa~ :p_laugh: already sent a ticket thought but I'm scared it'll take a year before they fix this because there's a lot of issue going on in Thor server~   :hmm:  :p_sleep:  :thx:  

#287 Trance3D2Y

Trance3D2Y

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 462 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:15 AM

Wipe everything except the purchased Kafra shop items? seems fair. Unless the $$$ we're talking about here are 'Roxas', 'Ninoy', 'UBE', etc....

#288 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:18 PM

It's too bad they didn't just handle it like mRO. Save a lot of headaches, especially with a server of characters that wasn't originally owned/run by WP - which a lot seem the be forgetting.

#289 Lazaruce

Lazaruce

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2171 posts
  • LocationLabyrinth Inside Forsaken Eternity (L.I.F.E)
  • Server:Thor

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:50 PM

How about re-creating the character then give them a name change?

the gears will not be saved and we'll hope for a good compensation 

It would make lesser hassle than fixing it.

I don't want to have things wipe...My fingers are aching from brewing oh please 

#290 PeaceMaker360

PeaceMaker360

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 104 posts
  • Locationphilippines
  • Server:THOR

Posted 28 May 2015 - 03:43 PM

im an fallen500 victim also my 2 other mains are still dc if that's the case for balancing the server wiping (cleaning dupes/cleaning the over-ups/the mvps/cleaning the zenny & the jewels that others stored 30k each) that would be the best solution and creating a compensation for all of the players for a fresh start

as for the players that had bought items using wp maybe they can exempt that items in the wipe.

its already a month+ now and when another problem occurs the more delays and broken the Thor server will become  

Edited by PeaceMaker360, 28 May 2015 - 03:43 PM.

#291 Accelolita

Accelolita

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • LocationAcademy City
  • Server:iRO Thor and Chaos

Posted 28 May 2015 - 11:44 PM

I hope you all excuse my limited knowledge regarding the subject, but, may I ask what is possibly the leading culprit behind the Characters that are getting DCed?

Is it because of a presence of an MvP Card (Doppelganger Card)? Or a +10 Equipment? Or a Blacksmith-crafted Water Elemental Weapon? Or certain Cash Shop equipment?

And all those I mentioned are the only noteworthy possession my three still DCed characters still has, they don't have any absurdly high-end equipment at all, just equipment that can get me through Moonlight Flower and Phreeoni (while still experiencing difficulty without sufficient HP/SP Restoration Supplies and Stat Foods) all the while being butchered by high-end MvPs...

But it still boggles my mind on why those three characters of mine are having these kinds of problems; problems which, I presently think right now, are only caused by absurdly over-upgraded equips (+12 equipment and beyond) and other bug-inducing stuff that others who are more exposed to the game might know more so than me... 

If what I currently know and suspect is wrong, then maybe there is more to it than that? I kept reading about "sprite errors", but is still not sure if that is the main culprit or if there are more to it than meets the eye?

EDIT:

Right now, I guess the best thing we can do is wait and be patient. Maybe let's try waiting for 3 or 5 months if things are really getting seriously difficult to fix? I know some might disagree when it comes to waiting that long, but for me, my perception of "Month" is pretty fast, it's such a short time for me. I guess we should give them more time... that's what I think...

Also, I have faith that they are doing their best in fixing the problem. The KRO Tool can be considered a blessing in disguise, for Campi...thor was able to find that it did not work, and from there, they should be able to plan a next phase of action.

Just like scientists do; test things three times first before giving up... I think that's how it goes, I forgot.

Anyway, I guess the keyword for now is "Patience"... I'm looking forward on what solutions they will come up with... or maybe, thinking outside the box, there might be other people here in this community, that, despite not being a part of the Warpportal Team, will be able to have some ideas on how to fix this problem (aside from the mass 'absolute' wipeout of items with extreme prejudice).

Edited by Accelolita, 28 May 2015 - 11:50 PM.

#292 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:38 AM

odds are it is not some high end item or you wouldn't see so many people with DC issues. it is most likely caused by items that pRO had that iRO does not have the information for. it is also more than one item since the GM team has already performed several waves to fix items and while some people are now able to access their chars, others are still unable to.

#293 Exuro

Exuro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3267 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 09:41 AM

Well, here's the thing. My RK in pRO is the only character I've geared up post-renewal. The other characters have crappy gear and/or pre-renewal equipment.

Weird thing is, almost all of my equipment was put into storage when I reset my RK's stats & skills in pRO, and the only thing that my RK in its inventory are a carded Mailbreaker, a +6 Hodremlin Valk Shield, a +8 Large Baphomet Horns (pRO version, the purple one), 10k+ badges, KVM equipment, and some other headgears/costumes. My boss cards and important equipment were in the storage. I'm not sure what item my RK had would've caused any issues. :hmm:

#294 rebilander

rebilander

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:42 AM

I think the KVM Equipment and badges causes these issues. All my other characters have no items in inventory except for these things. 

#295 Jeneeus

Jeneeus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2163 posts
  • LocationEden Kitchen
  • Server:Anti-Chaos

Posted 30 May 2015 - 03:39 PM

I have KVM equipments in my Arch Bishop and I don't have any problems at all.

#296 rebilander

rebilander

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 04:29 PM

Hmmm. Probably just for some. Or its the type of equipment. Hmm. 

#297 Yhiee05

Yhiee05

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 May 2015 - 06:08 PM

please implement the kagerou/oboro new clothing dye :D

5_zpsjvp8tnuv.jpg

#298 Psicratus

Psicratus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts
  • LocationBrazil, land of the hue
  • Server:The nostalgic one

Posted 31 May 2015 - 09:54 AM

Hey there buddies!

Classic player here, i've spent some time writing about a 3month WoE ranking system we used to have on bRO that was trully amazing, and while it lasted(wich was for 3 months, every year) made the server catch fire, alliances being made, and had great prizes both for the big and minor guilds, making it interesting for everyone and making WoE more than a PVP and a god farming for the top guilds main members.

Take a thought there because i think it would be great for you guys too, it's extremely open for critics and suggestions, pointing out renewall's characteristics, proposing it's prizes, changing or adding rules, it's only a proposal of a temporary "championship", you guys mold it to the server making it a great experience!

Your guild ranking!

Thanks for the attention, I hope it helps

Edited by Psicratus, 31 May 2015 - 10:20 AM.

#299 Myzery

Myzery

They pay me to post.

• Banned
  • 6670 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hey there buddies!

Classic player here, i've spent some time writing about a 3month WoE ranking system we used to have on bRO that was trully amazing, and while it lasted(wich was for 3 months, every year) made the server catch fire, alliances being made, and had great prizes both for the big and minor guilds, making it interesting for everyone and making WoE more than a PVP and a god farming for the top guilds main members.

Take a thought there because i think it would be great for you guys too, it's extremely open for critics and suggestions, pointing out renewall's characteristics, proposing it's prizes, changing or adding rules, it's only a proposal of a temporary "championship", you guys mold it to the server making it a great experience!

Your guild ranking!

Thanks for the attention, I hope it helps

Get back to your cage, this is Renewal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users