#28 Stratum

Stratum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 May 2015 - 07:36 PM

- A visual bug with the RO1 Assassin Cross Costume when using hide has been resolved

4h2pzn.jpg

Sigh... :p_swt:

#29 537140823064428417

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:48 AM

Njoror dont always listen to the vcr reqquest and sugest to nerf battle tactics, theres always the strongest on different class. It will ruin the game if the dev nerf each class. Better to leave the skills without changing it. Not all warrior and knights are into pvp. K

#30 MightyMoo

MightyMoo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 435 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:59 AM

oh yeah... why osiris +9 is illegal, but mummy/requiem card +9 is legal and allowed to stay?

Wow, is there a +9 Osiris?   I must go look in AH!!

#31 phoenixmaster

phoenixmaster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:01 AM

Nice... Now Europe zone cant go woe... Thank you... You did well... Is impossible for us go to the woe at 2 am here in that 17:00 for you. You should think in the others countries...

#32 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 28 May 2015 - 05:35 AM

Let's see who will attend woe now..
Anyway finally a bug fix also che if are only some little visual ones

#33 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• RO2 Community Representative
  • 1084 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 08:01 AM

Njoror dont always listen to the vcr reqquest and sugest to nerf battle tactics, theres always the strongest on different class. It will ruin the game if the dev nerf each class. Better to leave the skills without changing it. Not all warrior and knights are into pvp. K

Whether a player does pvp or not isn't reason to allow a broken skill to remain. The high crits of Battle Tactics aren't even needed in PvE, specially in a Tank class. At the very least, there should be a "sacrifice" to do when going for that build: less defense skills, or something... basically, not being a tank and dps at the same time, most other "high damage" characters are super squishy. And tanks are usually low damage. that's the nature of games with classes.

Just for the record, we're not only against battle tactics, we want all super high DoTs and oneshots to go away. Personally, I even want the OP invulnerability of sins to go away, it's not needed in a class that isn't meant to tank things anyways, specially with the high vigor we can achieve. And even heals should be more balanced.

Of course, it's not only the characters that are imbalanced. Monsters are insanely strong starting with DW and following onto FP, even if they are manageable by playing smart, with a good party and gear of the proper level. We don't want that trend to  continue with Jawaii and if possible that devs fix the maps that already exist. Please, try to not be selfish when it comes to balance, we're trying our best to not be selfish either because the main point of the VCR program is to help make the game fun and enjoyable for everyone, not for minorities.

Nice... Now Europe zone cant go woe... Thank you... You did well... Is impossible for us go to the woe at 2 am here in that 17:00 for you. You should think in the others countries...

Is it really impossible to stay up at 2am a saturday? It might be different in some places, but the few friends i have on europe usually are free on sunday so they can stay up to late if it's a weekend. That said, i think it's not easy to find a good time for WoE anyways, there will always be someone who'll have to make sacrifices to participate.

#34 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:06 AM

4h2pzn.jpg

Your costume is more of an assassin than you are!

#35 Arbalist

Arbalist

Too Legit To Quit

• 1307 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:15 AM

4h2pzn.jpg

Quite odd, it's fixed on test server so it may have been accidentally pushed into next week's patch instead. At least this means a fix is ready, so the wait shouldn't be too long ><

Update: I found someone with the costume in the live server and confirmed that it works for both me and them :o did you mispatch/prepatch your client? 

Edited by Arbalist, 28 May 2015 - 07:55 PM.

#36 7960130505150019417

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 28 May 2015 - 09:25 AM

Is it really impossible to stay up at 2am a saturday? It might be different in some places, but the few friends i have on europe usually are free on sunday so they can stay up to late if it's a weekend. That said, i think it's not easy to find a good time for WoE anyways, there will always be someone who'll have to make sacrifices to participate.

Some people want to stay up while others don't want to stay up.  It's all about convenience.  Well no duh its not easy to find a good WoE time and the old times weren't even that bad to begin with.  If you really wanted a decent time you take the previous Sunday time and move that time to Saturday and make WoE once a week instead.  Then again who cares not the devs, they are too busy trying to give us a non buggy jawaii just kidding its going to be filled with bugs.  

#37 ChangsAltron

ChangsAltron

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 01:07 PM

4h2pzn.jpg

and why is this a bad thing? :rice:

#38 coleengerz

coleengerz

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 04:41 PM

how to fix patch problem...

#39 Blondheart

Blondheart

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 May 2015 - 10:51 PM

Well I guess I will make the obligatory post and say fix rangers!  I notice we don't even talk about that anymore.  Rangers have been broken now for 15 months.  But yeah battle tactics is more important I guess.  Pretty much everything else is.  

Also anyone who represents the game telling someone they should be able to stay up til 2 am to do woe...that is NOT ok.  No one has any concept of players real lives or obligations.  No one that represents the game should tell anyone they have to stay up to 2 am or anything else that might have an impact on their sleep, health or infringe in any way on their real life.  If they want to and are able that's fine.  That is each players choice, that is not something for a VCR to tell people they have to do based on what their friends do.  Trying to shame or cajole people into giving up sleep, family or religious obligations to play a game is NOT ok.  The obvious answer was have woe at two very different times during the week to accommodate more people...so why that was removed?   I don't know.  But as usual every choice is counter intuitive.  It's already been established that a huge portion of the population didn't see the poll.  Of course now that those people are aware of it after the fact, the smart choice would be a new poll.  But I'm sure they won't do that, it would make sense.  So don't put this on the players.

Lastly I am sick to death of people being told by a VCR they should be grateful or not to be selfish.  I think the game should be grateful people still show up to play it considering it's so so SO BROKEN.  So stop telling us to be grateful for the crumbs we are thrown.  If you actually fix the game THEN I will be grateful. The simple fact that some classes are referred to as "minorities" speaks volumes about how unbalanced the game is.  Every single time I tell a VCR about a bug or problem with game mechanics...regardless what it is or which one I tell I ALWAYS get a variation of the same answer; "I can tell them but I doubt they will do anything."  So why am I even bothering to report stuff?  It doesn't exactly instill confidence in players to be told that.

Edited by Blondheart, 29 May 2015 - 02:43 AM.

#40 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 04:47 AM

Well I guess I will make the obligatory post and say fix rangers!  I notice we don't even talk about that anymore.  Rangers have been broken now for 15 months.  But yeah battle tactics is more important I guess.  Pretty much everything else is.  

Also anyone who represents the game telling someone they should be able to stay up til 2 am to do woe...that is NOT ok.  No one has any concept of players real lives or obligations.  No one that represents the game should tell anyone they have to stay up to 2 am or anything else that might have an impact on their sleep, health or infringe in any way on their real life.  If they want to and are able that's fine.  That is each players choice, that is not something for a VCR to tell people they have to do based on what their friends do.  Trying to shame or cajole people into giving up sleep, family or religious obligations to play a game is NOT ok.  The obvious answer was have woe at two very different times during the week to accommodate more people...so why that was removed?   I don't know.  But as usual every choice is counter intuitive.  It's already been established that a huge portion of the population didn't see the poll.  Of course now that those people are aware of it after the fact, the smart choice would be a new poll.  But I'm sure they won't do that, it would make sense.  So don't put this on the players.

Lastly I am sick to death of people being told by a VCR they should be grateful or not to be selfish.  I think the game should be grateful people still show up to play it considering it's so so SO BROKEN.  So stop telling us to be grateful for the crumbs we are thrown.  If you actually fix the game THEN I will be grateful. The simple fact that some classes are referred to as "minorities" speaks volumes about how unbalanced the game is.  Every single time I tell a VCR about a bug or problem with game mechanics...regardless what it is or which one I tell I ALWAYS get a variation of the same answer; "I can tell them but I doubt they will do anything."  So why am I even bothering to report stuff?  It doesn't exactly instill confidence in players to be told that.

You know... I'm "sick to death" of you misreading all my posts. And yeah, issue a warning if you consider that an attack, i just don't care anymore about what you say or do about me.

"Is it really impossible to stay up at 2am a saturday?" <- Where in this question am I saying "It's not a big deal, do it, anyone can"? I'm simply asking if it is impossible, maybe they have obligations on sunday morning, maybe they have exams (i know some universities have classes on weekends), so no, i'm not forcing them to do anything, I'm simply asking for feedback about "WHY" the chosen schedule is wrong for them. Should I not say anything then? And whatever you say, doing ANYTHING on a game involves giving up time you'd use to do something else, and YES, it is the player's choice to do so. I've never said it wasn't so, I've never said they are forced and must do it (and truly, are they? or do they do those things because they want to and enjoy them?). If I mention my friends' cases is simply to express what I know of the matter, so they can fill me in on what i don't know.

The schedule is bad for a lot of people, we agree on that, it's always been like that. isn't that why the poll was started in the first place? there's always some region in the world getting the short stick, and i know it sucks. I've also agreed in my posts that different schedules would have been better, I've even asked if it was possible to have one weekly woe instead on weekends, since weekdays are too hard on most workers/students; but even with one weekly woe, you'd either leave out some people, or require development time to make separate woes work in a single day.

And just in case the point didn't reach you, I used the word "minorities" to refer to people, not classes. People who enjoy imbalances and / or benefits from them, who is fine with whatever status the game is in, just because they get their fun at cost of everyone else's frustration. I don't want that kind of people to be the only ones enjoying the game.

As a final note, anyone has the chance to be a VCR if they want to, doors are always open for people who wants to help with the future of the game. And if you have a problem with a VCR, Njoror's inbox is always free, he even shares his skype in the signature for people to reach him.

#41 Pavelmimimi

Pavelmimimi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:17 AM

Read The thread.
My evidence(not trying to offend someone, just laughing)
A)when someone says "we're trying to fix the game for everyone" and the person reads is as "EVERYONE IS NOT EQUAL TO RANGERS, RIGHT? I am right!" The nickname Blond really pays off.
B)When VCR tells me that they are trying to fix the game for everyone and not minorities, and moves the WoE time for SEA/TW players, killing it for the originaL community of this server-good game la, well played la.
C)When I am reading the last patch notes and I am reading about phantom updates, while seeing regular Kafra shop updates, instead of fixing the balance by removing obviously unfair methods like bots or ultimately reformed cards. For real? All I can see is the path of RO1, when bots at first were not considered as a trouble, then it was too late, and in the end Gravity just said Well folks, since all the community left due to bots and stuff, it is not profitable for us to ban them now-we need them as a frequent Kafra shop customers!
How about to keep people in the game not by obvious balance promises, but real witch hunting
TLDR
Not trying to offend someone, just asking community to stop eating each other. VCR team, love and hugs, we are hoping on your success with jawaii release.
P.s. Except Faku, you are nice guy and telling smart things, but don't you dare tell me to go WoE at 2am on weekend, you are not my real dad, nor wife. :P telling not to be selfish huh? Well, I see how much you are involved in real life things like job, or family, if you consider such things and sacrifices for the game at its current state as a normal thing.
From lots of people I got to communicate as a newcomer in this game, almost everyone are still in because they are hoping for the bright side in the nearby future, maybe not for the fair balance because it will never be ideal, but for not messing around against people with +9 gear who will give not a damn thing about balance, but would be happy to see that with no more one shots their exploited stuff will boost them even higher.
Edit-by +9 gear I meant all sorts of osi cards.

Edited by Pavelmimimi, 29 May 2015 - 06:30 AM.

#42 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:29 AM

The Volunteer Class Representative program went from trying to help balance out the job classes to just trying to fix aspects of the game in general. And yet after more than a year of this program being in effect, I'm not really feeling much of an improvement in the game as a whole. So why bother applying for the position if it's made about the same impact in the game compared to before the program was initiated (which is little to none)?

Players have been giving suggestions on how to improve the game since BETA and having the VCR program hasn't really changed much. At this point, I'd be happy to just have a classic pre-AOV server so I can have some enjoyment of the game back even if things don't get fixed properly.

#43 magpi

magpi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 793 posts
  • LocationBoston

Posted 29 May 2015 - 06:57 AM

Okay, we can ask for all the bugs that VCR's had a hand in fixing for the past year to be rolled back, if we are really that useless. You know... the bugs that got reported in the forums with as much information as "this isn't working".

I've just been sitting here for 6 months doing nothing...

That's cool, you're welcome. 

//endsarcasm

#44 UnknownBeing

UnknownBeing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:27 AM

Oh gee...revenue from RO2 fell again last quarter. More players leaving the game boys. c:

#45 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:29 AM

Okay, we can ask for all the bugs that VCR's had a hand in fixing for the past year to be rolled back, if we are really that useless. You know... the bugs that got reported in the forums with as much information as "this isn't working".

//endsarcasm

Which are appreciated, but the unimproved parts of the game I was referring to are the surface ones like game features and stuff that tend to either retain or chase players away. Like the revamped refinement system that's more Kafra Shop-reliant; the raid system made almost completely obsolete; the unbalanced new Stat system; the watered down elements system; job classes still haven't been balanced all that well after a few VCR turnovers; lack of an actual pet system (not a 30-second summon); chef life job still HUGELY reliant on NPC-purchase items; WoE being nowhere near as intense as the RO original; and the downgrade of the graphics quality of the game among other things.

But if the VCR program has actually improved these aspects of the game, please do elaborate on that.

#46 Shinyusuke

Shinyusuke

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2064 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:37 AM

//endsarcasm

Don't take it personal we all know VRC are doing their best, what i think he means is that also with all your works the game is so sick that there are no sensible differences. You do your best checking bugs and testing new content but in the end who fix them or make changes are always developers and if they don't do their job your effort can't be seen or is underestimate. I doubt no one of you VRC QQed about the high difficulty of DW, the useless ml21-27 gears, the crazyness of as and sc, the dummy idea of selling cazar for mp instead of balancing then 2 dungeons and so on. Unfortunately all your work is not under the sunlight so what we normal players see is the not done only.

#47 Telovi

Telovi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 494 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2015 - 07:45 AM

If there are still people hoping for a game they fantasize, of course they are still people striving for a game they deserve.

#48 602130608175754197

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:00 AM

"minority  ranger class"   runes +50, 5 osiris card pls

#49 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 10:02 AM

If there are still people hoping for a game they fantasize, of course they are still people striving for a game they deserve.

Pre-AOV = Batman
Post-AOV = Joker

#50 faku1810

faku1810

Too Legit To Quit

• 1084 posts

Posted 29 May 2015 - 11:56 AM

B)When VCR tells me that they are trying to fix the game for everyone and not minorities, and moves the WoE time for SEA/TW players, killing it for the originaL community of this server-good game la, well played la.
P.s. Except Faku, you are nice guy and telling smart things, but don't you dare tell me to go WoE at 2am on weekend, you are not my real dad, nor wife. :P telling not to be selfish huh? Well, I see how much you are involved in real life things like job, or family, if you consider such things and sacrifices for the game at its current state as a normal thing.

First of all, I agree with most of what you said in your post, so I'll just quote this, to give a more direct reply.

The WoE times were decided by Warpportal based on results from a Poll they advertised on Facebook and Twitter. I'm not sure if it was on the main site, but I'd expect that to be the case (though i don't remember seeing it linked in the game's loader), so at least on that, we VCRs didn't have a hand on it aside of a few discussions in which we suggested that the poll should be advertised in more media, and the forums. I can only guess that the reason they didn't do it like that was because those other platforms allowed to "categorize" (maybe not the better word) the results based on regions.

Sincerely, i wish there was a way to please everyone that wants to join WoE on a regular basis, and in no way i'm saying the decided times are the best in the world because they might be perfect for someone, good enough for someone else, or total crap for the rest. And as I said in my previous post, I'm not telling anyone that they must give up sleep time and go to WoE, I have no authority to do so nor intention of doing it either, I believe that it's still a player's decision (even if somewhat restricted).

And you might not understand it the same way I do, but regardless of my own personal life details.. playing games is always a sacrifice of time, I mean... the time you spend playing, you could be studying, eating, talking with your parents or friends (though there are friends in the game too), going out, etc, etc, or am i wrong on that? Obviously, the normal thing would be that a player decides when to play and what they're "sacrificing" at that moment, like if I want to take a break from studies, login and go play, it's my decision.

Having WoE as a server wide event in a fixed time in an international server, makes it harder for people to have that kind of liberty, and you can't simply say "ok, i'll go play at that imposed time regardless of what i have to/want to do", i do understand that. For example, the old WoE time was (if i remember correctly) very late at night on a sunday (so basically, monday already) for those in the east; since you and others mention the 2 a.m time as an issue, i'm sure you understand it wasn't easy for them either, furthermore, being on a weekday, and not a weekend (then again, some people are still not happy because the new time means giving up church, so this further proves that there's no time that would be perfect for everyone, at least until they develop a time-distortion machine that allows to be evening in the whole world for one hour [and even then, i'm just assuming that people have evenings free D:]).

TLDR; as I said, I'm not justifying the time, I really think the poll should have been handled better, and I'm certainly not telling you or anyone to suck it up and go with it. I'm just stating a simple fact: It's a server with people from all over the world and there's hardly a time that will allow everyone to play without feeling they have to sacrifice time they wanted to (or are forced to, with jobs, studies, etc) spend doing something else.

Sorry if i made the post too long or felt too defensive, I just want to try and make clear that I'm no one's enemy here, and I think we'd achieve more things by talking things right than just jumping at each other's throats. We make mistakes like any human would, but I'm confident that we all just want to enjoy the game because that's what a game is for.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users