Ragial Notifier Android App - Page 3 - Ragnarok subforum archives - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Ragial Notifier Android App

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
88 replies to this topic

#51 KyrieDielle

KyrieDielle

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2428 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2015 - 03:56 AM

haha. Thanks for the layman's term. Inform us when you will upload the app. I am eager to try it.

#52 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:31 AM

Umm the app is already uploaded : https://play.google.....ragialnotifier

The link was in the first post :D

#53 AmericanPie

AmericanPie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 612 posts
  • LocationPVP Waiting Room
  • Server:Classic

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:54 AM

Sinxenu never had experienced with ios, can u somehow develop email notifiers perhaps via laptops/desktops? All tagged items can be notified via email so I just put email from the sender into vip and i just check my email notification

#54 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 01 June 2015 - 09:20 AM

Hmm, emailing users from code in Android is supported using older Java Mail APIs, but it adds the complexity of securely storing the email id and password in an app. I don't think I can add email notifs just yet, since I've never implemented it before. I'll think about it though.

#55 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 04:04 PM

This is really handy to have, thanks! I been playing around with it but I don't think it's something I've seen, would it be possible to add a search for buying shops as well?

#56 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:51 PM

This is really handy to have, thanks! I been playing around with it but I don't think it's something I've seen, would it be possible to add a search for buying shops as well?

Buying shops can also be parsed since they are also visible on ragial.com. However it requires a significant amount of code to do that. I will put it on the to-do list for now, but I don't think I can do it quickly.

Mainly, I'm trying to make a walkthrough of how to use the app. So that's at the top of the to-do list right now :D

#57 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 01 June 2015 - 07:54 PM

Oh, that's good to hear! I just thought it'd be neat because a lot of the time I'm waiting for buy shops to pop up for items I'm trying to sell in bulk. xD

#58 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 02 June 2015 - 06:51 PM

I was wondering, is there any way to request the moderators to pin this post?

I'm hoping that the app is useful to players, but if this post  reaches page 2 of the forums, then it will probably not be used anymore. So is there any moderator I can request to pin this post?

#59 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:04 PM

should pin it in the market section

#60 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 02 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

Ask one of them, they are quite nice about it :)

#61 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 03 June 2015 - 04:33 AM

Erm, exactly how do I ask them? 

Yeah, I'm quite new to this T.T

#62 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 03 June 2015 - 06:25 AM

Erm, exactly how do I ask them? 

Yeah, I'm quite new to this T.T

http://forums.warppo...tats&do=leaders

Pick a mod and send a PM.

#63 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 03 June 2015 - 08:43 AM

ZeroTigress

Thanks for the link :D

#64 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 04 June 2015 - 07:43 PM

Well, I've requested DrAzzy to pin this post a couple of days ago, and no response yet. Should I try another moderator?

#65 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 04 June 2015 - 08:33 PM

It's been a while to remember who did it for me (sorry), but I think it may have been VModCinnamon.

#66 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:56 PM

It's been a while to remember who did it for me (sorry), but I think it may have been VModCinnamon.

I've sent VModCinnamon a pm. Let's hope it gets pinned.

#67 souljahboy08

souljahboy08

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 213 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole with Santa Claus XD

Posted 04 June 2015 - 11:58 PM

Seems like it should be against the rules, but there is no way to prevent it unless the GMs shut down the ragial bots as well.

It's a bit of an unfair advantage; like having a bot shop for you. Quite frankly between the ragial bots, the buff bots, the warp bots, etc, I feel like iRO is letting people get away with too much lately.

Of course I use ragial myself, so that makes me kind of a hypocrite, but still...

XD

#68 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 05 June 2015 - 12:47 AM

Woah, it's pinned already. Thank you very much, VModCinnamon :D

#69 Alligator2405

Alligator2405

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2015 - 04:14 AM

Insane idea, thanks a lot for getting it to us!

#70 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 05 June 2015 - 08:17 PM

I've just uploaded a new version, v1.2 of the app which now supports Buying shops as well :D

Now, when you click on an item name and go to the venders screen, you will see a "V" or "B" on the top right of every card.

V = Vending or sellers

B = Buying shops

I know it looks a little clunky at the moment (I'm bad at GUI T.T) All the vending shops will be shown first, and then the buying shops will be shown. 

If the item does not have any buying shop at the moment, then it will not have any "B" cards 

#71 tactfuldemon

tactfuldemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 450 posts
  • LocationWhere the US Navy takes me

Posted 06 June 2015 - 03:26 PM

I am trying your app now. Thanks for doing this, I really don't have the time to refresh Ragial all the time in my browser. 

#72 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 09 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

I've updated the app with a few hot fixes.

There is a persistent problem with Fallen Angel Wing [1] and how Ragial handles this search. If you have set Search Specifically and type in Fallen Angel Wing [1], then you would expect to add this item in the list. However, due to some query problem (probably due to the enormous no. of FAW items on ragial.com), you will not be able to add it, and instead get an error message stating that the name is incorrect.

This is actually correct behaviour, as if you type Fallen Angel Wing [1] into ragial.com search behaviour, you will not get a single result with just the name "Fallen Angel Wing [1]".

I dont know why this happens, because when you just type "Fallen Angel Wing" (without the [1]) into ragial.com, you will get the FAW [1] item as one of the results at the top.

Since this is a flaw with how ragial.com is showing results, the app can't differentiate when searching specificly. 

Solution:

1) Update the app to 1.2.2 (I just submitted it, may be a few hours before it's available)

2) Click the Add icon (+) and type in Fallen Angel Wing [1] as normal.

Hopefully, the internal checks and corrections I made should convert FAW [1] to FAW, search ragial, get the data for FAW [1], and notify you when FAW [1] is available or on sale.

Edited by Haseox1, 09 June 2015 - 05:59 AM.

#73 neko1231

neko1231

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 721 posts

Posted 10 June 2015 - 03:11 PM

hmmm i have a problem... i missed the mini tutorial at the very beginning...so i don't know how to use the app now....... where can  i find the mini guide?

and actually this is want im looking for: how the notifier works? when will it notify me?

if i want to get notified when a certain item drops to a certain price, can i get this notification? 

thank you very much for the hard work :thx:

#74 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 13 June 2015 - 05:12 AM

hmmm i have a problem... i missed the mini tutorial at the very beginning...so i don't know how to use the app now....... where can  i find the mini guide?

and actually this is want im looking for: how the notifier works? when will it notify me?

if i want to get notified when a certain item drops to a certain price, can i get this notification? 

thank you very much for the hard work :thx:

Sorry for not being to respond earlier, I was travelling.

Hmm, I've forgotten to put a way to see the tutorial again, so I'll have to update the app again to add that feature. Till then, to see the tutorial again, you can go to the app settings and delete it's data and cache (also deletes all the items, so I don't recoment it)

On long clicking the items and selecting 1 or more items, there is a small alarm clock button on the top left. That enables the notification feature for the selected items. After that, depending on the timing settings (1 hour is default), every hour the app will do a search of Ragial.com in the background. If it finds any items which were selected being sold at a vender for a price lower than normal, it will notify you. If the item has buying shops as well and they are buying at a higher price, then you will also be notified.

Currently there is no fine grain tuning as to how much of a discount there should be. So even if there is a 1 % discount or 99 % discount, you will be notified. I'll add it on my list of todo things, so wait a while :D

#75 Haseox1

Haseox1

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMumbai, India

Posted 21 June 2015 - 09:59 AM

Btw, I was wondering if it was in violation of some rule to use one of my merchants to publicise the app on chaos?

The forum here is not really visited by most of the players who would really benefit from the app, so I was just wondering. Any clarification will be appreciated regarding this. :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users