New Cards! "Nightmare Pyramid" & "Infinite Space" Instance - Page 3 - kRO/jRO Translation Station - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

New Cards! "Nightmare Pyramid" & "Infinite Space" Instance

94 replies to this topic

#51 nitaant

nitaant

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:15 PM

this is renewal im guessing

#52 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

If it was Classic, I would be scared.

#53 MoyuZ777

MoyuZ777

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:18 PM

So have we heard anything official aboit this new cards?

#54 xLoli

xLoli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1143 posts
  • LocationVirginia, U.S.
  • Server:Valkyrie > Chaos

Posted 15 July 2015 - 04:27 PM

I. Pheeroni, come to mama.

#55 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:25 PM

It definitely feels like 5 to me. iRO's connection is very bad comparing to jRO.

I mean, look at this

and the second video, skip to 20:00. That gameplay is so smooth.. that lagless snap

Forget the speed, what's up with the first map? XD Also, Sura solo'ing OGH? I need to do that.

currently iRO has 0.5 sec cast delay for skyblow, 1 sec for knuckle arrow;

those videos must be after jRO's RR化 update (idk if iRO will even get this) - where SB has no cast delay (instead, has less than 0.5 sec skill cooldown; more like around 0.2 though), and KA's cast delay was also removed (no need for strings/kiels to spam) so it became fully animation-delay (ASPD) based;

snap speed in the vid is fairly similar in iRO (given high enough ASPD); the guy himself specifically may have high internet connection speeds and/or a macro-enabled mouse/keyboard, making the snaps more consistent (he could actually snap farther if he had /camera-on, though that would result in less accurate snap targeting as he has to compensate more for the screen shifting faster);

the 2-slotted nemesis (HF cards) does make killing OGH mobs more efficient - iRO nemesis is non-slotted; have to aspersio 2x HF carga

still possible to do OGH similar to the vid in iRO, just with kiels (actually has been done already)

#56 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 July 2015 - 08:54 PM

currently iRO has 0.5 sec cast delay for skyblow, 1 sec for knuckle arrow;

those videos must be after jRO's RR化 update (idk if iRO will even get this) - where SB has no cast delay (instead, has less than 0.5 sec skill cooldown; more like around 0.2 though), and KA's cast delay was also removed (no need for strings/kiels to spam) so it became fully animation-delay (ASPD) based;

snap speed in the vid is fairly similar in iRO (given high enough ASPD); the guy himself specifically may have high internet connection speeds and/or a macro-enabled mouse/keyboard, making the snaps more consistent (he could actually snap farther if he had /camera-on, though that would result in less accurate snap targeting as he has to compensate more for the screen shifting faster);

the 2-slotted nemesis (HF cards) does make killing OGH mobs more efficient - iRO nemesis is non-slotted; have to aspersio 2x HF carga

still possible to do OGH similar to the vid in iRO, just with kiels (actually has been done already)

Would be great to see no cast delay on SB/KA,Sura's Only GOH nowadays -_-

btw,japanese/korean internet speed>>>>>>>any internet speed (smooth gameplay is easy for them)

Edited by Hissis, 15 July 2015 - 08:54 PM.

#57 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 09:09 PM

yea, that's why i generalized about net speeds, instead of referring specifically to server connection speeds;

ASPD based KA would be cool indeed, though still no double-hit vs bosses / in WoE   :sob:

Edited by ka10, 15 July 2015 - 09:10 PM.

#58 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:43 PM

yea, that's why i generalized about net speeds, instead of referring specifically to server connection speeds;

ASPD based KA would be cool indeed, though still no double-hit vs bosses / in WoE   :sob:

It has to be the server's connection speed. No matter how fast an individual's net speed is, one will always experience "dead cell" or so call "position lag" in iRO. Besides North America is bigger in area, the lag is unavoidable.

Love the smoothness  :ani_slur:  

#59 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts

Posted 15 July 2015 - 10:47 PM

Would be great to see no cast delay on SB/KA,Sura's Only GOH nowadays -_-

btw,japanese/korean internet speed>>>>>>>any internet speed (smooth gameplay is easy for them)

hGDdPKQ.jpg

Koreans yeah. Japanese not so much. Really funny to see how bad the US is in comparison to pretty much everyone else though XD

#60 ka10

ka10

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1810 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 03:18 AM

It has to be the server's connection speed. No matter how fast an individual's net speed is, one will always experience "dead cell" or so call "position lag" in iRO. Besides North America is bigger in area, the lag is unavoidable.

dead cell is a totally different thing; pos lag is something you can do deliberately;

regional land size should not be too relevant; plus iRO is not exclusive to N.A. anyways

if you think iRO's servers are the main factor, then you could try contacting the CMs and see if they can do something about it; well, everyone would want to have smooth gameplay anyways  :ani_slur:

iRO is not that bad (though server pop, ISP, location does factor in)

one can try to reduce delay in-game by having TCP delay disabled;

otherwise, snap may have inconsistent travel distances even if the cursor is fairly steady near the screen edge as you spam;

Edited by ka10, 16 July 2015 - 03:21 AM.

#61 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:10 AM

dead cell is a totally different thing; pos lag is something you can do deliberately;

regional land size should not be too relevant; plus iRO is not exclusive to N.A. anyways

if you think iRO's servers are the main factor, then you could try contacting the CMs and see if they can do something about it; well, everyone would want to have smooth gameplay anyways  :ani_slur:

iRO is not that bad (though server pop, ISP, location does factor in)

one can try to reduce delay in-game by having TCP delay disabled;

otherwise, snap may have inconsistent travel distances even if the cursor is fairly steady near the screen edge as you spam;

oh wow that is very smooth indeed. I failed to do this when the online population is >3500 (or maybe just because the shop names are in the way?) What is TCP delay? Is it relevant to Leatrix Latency?

I always thought the following is caused by server's unstable connection, is there a way to fix these?

• Died just as the autoheal (ROFL+ROR+Lori Ruri) procs, so I died with full hp.
  • When someone uses a knockback skill, (i.e overbrand) the targeted monster will be stuck on the screen.
  • When monster uses a knockback skill, (i.e Cornus's pulse strike from last week's mid TI) this made resurrection difficult because it's hard to find the actual position where the corpse is.
  • When a monster hit me while I am in cicada skin shed and teleporting away, (teleporting skill, fly wing) my character literally fly back (like across the entire map, in the quickest way) to the original spot.

Edited by BigFootCounty, 16 July 2015 - 06:41 AM.

#62 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:22 AM

Did a bit of research, I think I know how to do some tweaks now. 

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=19534

#63 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 July 2015 - 06:25 AM

hGDdPKQ.jpg

Koreans yeah. Japanese not so much. Really funny to see how bad the US is in comparison to pretty much everyone else though XD

Dat Mexico placement >_<

#64 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:12 AM

hGDdPKQ.jpg

i dont think this is true,idk,looks strange.

i live in Brasil and 100 MB Internet is a big S.... here. i doubt the internet here is better than japan/USA .___. I REALLY DOUBT.

#65 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:20 AM

Did a bit of research, I think I know how to do some tweaks now. 

http://forums.irowik...ead.php?t=19534

is it safe? i mean,0 problems if i do this on my computer?

Actually i play using Leatrix + Ping Zapper and i still lag (not ''DAT LAG'')

P.S:Idk how to multi quote lol

#66 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:25 AM

hGDdPKQ.jpg

WUT?? Italy there? Aahahahahahahahaha. Lol, this is totally inaccurate. Italy should be like at the last position (apart from really big cities, in the rest of the country we have like 2-4mb download and 0,2-0,3 mb upload speed...)

Edited by meditation, 16 July 2015 - 07:26 AM.

#67 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:26 AM

uZtk6Fo.png

#68 BigFootCounty

BigFootCounty

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 07:35 AM

is it safe? i mean,0 problems if i do this on my computer?

Actually i play using Leatrix + Ping Zapper and i still lag (not ''DAT LAG'')

I cannot guarantee you this is safe.. I am testing it myself on my computer.

I must say this made quite a difference in terms of gameplay experience. (in a very mobby situation)

Instead of getting hitlock by mob and position lags everywhere, my character will now walk and stand in the right direction.

Not yet have I seen a knockback skill so I cannot determine whether the dead cell is fixed or not. (Don't have a RG, and cart revolution's knockback is too small to tell a difference >.<)

#69 Hissis

Hissis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3901 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 10:04 AM

I cannot guarantee you this is safe.. I am testing it myself on my computer.
I must say this made quite a difference in terms of gameplay experience. (in a very mobby situation)
Instead of getting hitlock by mob and position lags everywhere, my character will now walk and stand in the right direction.
Not yet have I seen a knockback skill so I cannot determine whether the dead cell is fixed or not. (Don't have a RG, and cart revolution's knockback is too small to tell a difference >.<)

ic...

Maybe i should try it...

#70 PervySageMarty

PervySageMarty

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3959 posts
  • LocationUnderground like a wild potato

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:10 PM

orc hero depends on whether it works on aoe or just single target.

Only effects single target. Only a word of mouth from my friend who has a jRO account

#71 6773131031232342973

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1484 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Violet
  • Server:Best ragnarok

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:44 PM

Dat Mexico placement >_<

;_;7

#72 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 16 July 2015 - 01:56 PM

On the topic of differences in renewals between jro and kro, we have the following from 2011 by Doddler: http://ro.doddlercon.com/home/?p=124

a neat read

#73 klintx

klintx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 271 posts
  • LocationSkypiea
  • Server:Thor

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:36 PM

this is not yet implemented on iRO right?

#74 Nirvanna21

Nirvanna21

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9553 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 August 2015 - 08:55 PM

I kinda hope it never is, some of those cards don't quite fit right with iRO's mechanics.

#75 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 03 August 2015 - 09:32 PM

just nightmare anceint mummy please, please, PLEASEE!! ok i stoped

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic