Let's talk: HP Restoration Items. - Page 2 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Let's talk: HP Restoration Items.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#26 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts
  • Playing:Pogo's Lounge
  • Server:shock town

Posted 29 June 2015 - 11:46 PM

this would be really awesome, but sadly i think if the gms can't even handle simple bugs/item descriptions/proper translations there'd be no way this would happen.

#27 gorgoroth1

gorgoroth1

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 927 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos04Nov13Thor27Apr15

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:50 AM

Hopefully they didnt change much cooldown for renewal PvM, for me it's still good. However i found out iRO hotkey is less responsive when item/skills being set on same row (maybe because of high ping). Normally i would set my hotkey F1-F9 1-9 A-L Z-. Aloe leaflet on F1 and 5, offensive skill F2,F3,F4, Straws on 1 and White Raffle Sap on N. When in battle hitting F3 and F1 repeatly is a fail for me lol, so i had to use F3 and 5.

As for GvG,PvP it's hard to find a solution to please all players. Assuming all WoE'ers is cheating, playing around healing cooldown won't do much. It will end up to which guild could supply item more. 1 thing i could think of is reducing woe time and guild member, so guild leader are force to really select a few good classes/character to bring in for WoE.

#28 Ironhardt

Ironhardt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationRune-Midgards
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:06 AM

this would be like a dream come true for some poor players like me who doesnt even bring pots in mid TI sadly t'was just a dream </3 %HP/HEAL per second please :3

#29 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:16 AM

I'm sure overhealing could be abused with gear swapping. If your new HP value becomes whatever you overhealed to, even if temp, then an additional check would be required for gear that increases your HP, or people would be able to switch to say a tao, overheal, go back to unfro and retain it.

I can see a lot of ways for this to become a cash shop thing too, or have increased potency for kp spenders if obtainable elsewhere. If this was ever to become more than an idea, we'd have to be careful with its implementation.

considering that gear swap recalcs hp values every single time and that any excess hp is pushed down to total max, i don't really see any potential problem of people gear swapping to get additional over heal and such since that aspect is already addressed in game.

But yea, i can see this being a major push for more KP spending on life potions.  Multi stacking % hp/second is already a thing players utilize in game.  IIRC players can push up to like 25% hp/3 seconds atm with life potions/renovatio or something like that.  Much more if you start factoring in skills like warmer.  Not quite insanely OP, but its already pretty viable to utilize on a mental strength sura for tanking purposes.  If we consider potions giving a % heal/second component then i can see passive hp regen tanking to become a viable thing.

#30 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:49 AM

I don't really understand the problem of overhealing so, I don't really get the point to put effort in such system. I mean, potions are yours and how to use is your choice.

That being said, changing the healing system or even the damage system is practice not possible. WP does not have the resource and power to do so. Even they have the power, changing such a great system would take much much more time then we here can imagine. A lot of unwanted effects will appear.

I believe what WP now can do is collect ideas and send them to kRO. As far as I am concerned there are some custom changes that come this way.

About potion healing, I would like to see it like those 3rd job skills: become stronger when char's level become higher.  A white pot heal 325-405. What if at 175lv it can 1.75x the healing rate? Then it'd become 568.75-708.75. 

#31 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:53 AM

About potion healing, I would like to see it like those 3rd job skills: become stronger when char's level become higher.  A white pot heal 325-405. What if at 175lv it can 1.75x the healing rate? Then it'd become 568.75-708.75. 

a % based healing component to potions would ensure that they will always scale regardless of your level.  Doesn't have to be a lot, maybe like 5% at most is all you would need to make them worth while to keep using.

#32 UpgradeAlpha

UpgradeAlpha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 30 June 2015 - 01:59 AM

No love for Mora potions? I like them to be useful but nobody seems to like them because of the reuse cooldown.

#33 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:04 AM

No love for Mora potions? I like them to be useful but nobody seems to like them because of the reuse cooldown.

i tried them, but i remember them to be way to expensive for their strength.  Maybe if their prices were competitive with normal fat potions then they might actually be decent.

#34 Althes

Althes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1376 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:Both

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:34 AM

a % based healing component to potions would ensure that they will always scale regardless of your level.  Doesn't have to be a lot, maybe like 5% at most is all you would need to make them worth while to keep using.

The problem of such potions, what I can think of, is the source to get it. If they're buy-able from npc, that would make white slim almost useless.

Again, this is system-changing and is not, at least for now, practice.

#35 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:58 AM

I like potions the way they are now :/

#36 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:24 AM

I like potions the way they are now :/

Why? What do you like about the current system other than "you're used to it and don't like change"?

Potions the way they are now is the whole reason skills and mvps had to be ramped up to ridiculous dps that can't be survived without spamming pots like you're having a stroke.

That's bad gameplay.

#37 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 30 June 2015 - 05:46 AM

Why? What do you like about the current system other than "you're used to it and don't like change"?

Potions the way they are now is the whole reason skills and mvps had to be ramped up to ridiculous dps that can't be survived without spamming pots like you're having a stroke.

That's bad gameplay.

I never liked games where potions has on time effect or big cooldown, idk, makes me feel i'm wasting my hard trained fingers lol
Since the begining of my rpg days i always played game with instant potion effect(ragnarok, priston tale, etc) and yeah i'm used to it, but for me it feels its another part of the gameplay, not only coordinating your attacks u have to know when to pot, or seed/berry, ie: seed/berry on the 1st or 2nd hit of an EQ that would kill you, idk, i just like that poting also requires a bit of skill and knowledge

#38 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand, Beach

Posted 30 June 2015 - 06:16 AM

LETS NOT

Edited by IronFist, 01 July 2015 - 07:56 AM.

#39 RichieDagger

RichieDagger

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 929 posts
  • LocationUnder your bed.

Posted 30 June 2015 - 03:20 PM

Going to repost this here, because the other thread seems to be mostly people just denouncing auto-pot:

You could impliment an after-use cooldown and/or have items do healing over time rather than lump sum. If you really want to crack down, make them function like food in Fatal Labyrinth. Use too much too soon and you get movement and attack speed penalties; Keep pushing it and you just OD and drop dead.

#40 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:44 PM

Going to repost this here, because the other thread seems to be mostly people just denouncing auto-pot:

You could impliment an after-use cooldown and/or have items do healing over time rather than lump sum. If you really want to crack down, make them function like food in Fatal Labyrinth. Use too much too soon and you get movement and attack speed penalties; Keep pushing it and you just OD and drop dead.

i like this idea

#41 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:01 PM

step 1 : Stack 15 wizards

step 2:  laugh at HOT

It just doesn't work in RO :p_swt:

#42 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:09 PM

step 1 : Stack 15 wizards

step 2:  laugh at HOT

It just doesn't work in RO :p_swt:

acoustic rhythm team

laugh at 15 stacked wizards.

it doesn't work because this is all just a pipe dream and nothing will ever change anyway.

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 30 June 2015 - 10:12 PM

acoustic rhythm team

laugh at 15 stacked wizards.

it doesn't work because this is all just a pipe dream and nothing will ever change anyway.

only works for 10 people and not the performers themselves. So even if you LFF them through the portal I don't think that is an effective strategy. 

You also can't stack LFF ARs (if you need more than 10 ppl). For gtb users, there's acid bomb. pew pew I know how to woe

Edited by Xellie, 30 June 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#44 Ryuuzan

Ryuuzan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:01 PM

err question.. does WOE potions work outside of woe? just asking  :p_laugh:

#45 hotel

hotel

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1571 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:22 PM

they only work in woe and pvp

#46 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

only works for 10 people and not the performers themselves. So even if you LFF them through the portal I don't think that is an effective strategy. 

You also can't stack LFF ARs (if you need more than 10 ppl). For gtb users, there's acid bomb. pew pew I know how to woe

if you need more than 10 people to break a precast then i don't even know what to say.

#47 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:55 AM

if you need more than 10 people to break a precast then i don't even know what to say.

Hmm yes, 10 people should be able to fight an entire guild. Never mind how once you get out of CP your LFF AR won't reach you and all the wizards have to do is move their casts slightly.

Well more than 10 people would be needed to break my precast anyway. I can have that many champs/sinxs just sitting on the side sniping survivors.

#48 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 07:58 AM

Hmm yes, 10 people should be able to fight an entire guild. Never mind how once you get out of CP your LFF AR won't reach you and all the wizards have to do is move their casts slightly.

Well more than 10 people would be needed to break my precast anyway. I can have that many champs/sinxs just sitting on the side sniping survivors.

Pft, all you need is a single person to get through to disrupt the pre-cast.

#49 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:00 AM

Pft, all you need is a single person to get through to disrupt the pre-cast.

I solo guilds all the time, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have something waiting to kill me.

You're underestimating the about of damage that number of stacked wizards would do (at least on classic), any HOT restorative would have to be exceptionally broken to break through the 6~18k dps classic users encounter under cp/rushing precasts.

#50 IronFist

IronFist

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1547 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

I solo guilds all the time, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have something waiting to kill me.

You're underestimating the about of damage that number of stacked wizards would do (at least on classic), any HOT restorative would have to be exceptionally broken to break through the 6~18k dps classic users encounter under cp/rushing precasts.

Solo guilds, pft!

Send a single Sinx with GTB and 1 vit to kill CP team.
Send sage with ME followed by stringer and wizards.

It's about making space to set up you're casters. 

But if you want to play pre-renewal send in any i mean any legit rouge and let him recall in the enemy precast!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users