Let's talk: HP Restoration Items. - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Let's talk: HP Restoration Items.

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#51 schia

schia

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1356 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:07 AM

I solo guilds all the time, but that doesn't mean they shouldn't have something waiting to kill me.

You're underestimating the about of damage that number of stacked wizards would do (at least on classic), any HOT restorative would have to be exceptionally broken to break through the 6~18k dps classic users encounter under cp/rushing precasts.

you realize that this thread is equivalent to just a bunch of people sitting around a hookah telling each other stoner stories and talking about how great the universe would be if they could change the laws of the universe right?  If you're here just to disagree with people wanting to start a conversation for fun then i don't understand why you're even here. 

Its as if you actively search to make sure no one else has fun if you can't have fun.  If you're not having fun in this game then why are you still here?  Find something more productive or fun to do with your time.

#52 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:21 AM

Solo guilds, pft!

Send a single Sinx with GTB and 1 vit to kill CP team.
Send sage with ME followed by stringer and wizards.

It's about making space to set up you're casters. 

But if you want to play pre-renewal send in any i mean any legit rouge and let him recall in the enemy precast!

What is acid bomb and why does it hurt even with 1 vit? qq

do cp teams pot?

what if they TSS me?

What if they frenzy LK me

What if they use tarot or arrow vulcan

what if they sac the cp team or sw them?

Theorycrafting is fun.

p.s: gtb biochem speedpot + acid bomb is the best way, followed by gtb hw, speed pot and ganban on spawn or gtb scholar :D

Edited by Xellie, 01 July 2015 - 08:22 AM.

#53 Thallein

Thallein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:37 AM

I don't like the idea of having to text or arrange a 2 man party with someone with a Priest just to kill an MVP. I tried that -_- once with Gloom and it didn't work out in the end because the ^_^ decided not to wake up every 5 hours after like the first day. The better organized players would definitely be rewarded, and on one hand I LOVE the idea that organization SHOULD be rewarded, but at the same time....you can't always count on someone else 100% of the time and that would limit me, so I wouldn't like that part of it. Great discussion for an idea, but I'm not 100% on board with this.

I think most people who do play this game like it in part because of the ability to spam items and not be limited in that aspect.

#54 XPoke

XPoke

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 July 2015 - 08:52 AM

the real issue with changing potions is the way damage is dealt in this game.

not a lot of  games nowadays have such huge numbers in pvp, most games have like 5v5 up to maybe 15vs15

but RO pvp is pretty big on the numbers

If instant heals were to be removed from the game (believe me i wish it could) then either each character's individual damage will have to be nerfed (aka massive woe damage reduction buff) so hard that 10+ people attacking them at the same time would not result in instagibs, which means a 1 v 1 fight will... probably never end.

If not, then the heal over time potions will have to be buffed a ridiculous amount, either in amount healed, or damage mitigation.

How's this for an idea though? 

Change potions from healing to "damage shielding", as in it doesn't recover your hit points but it absorbs a certain amount of damage per use, and make the max blocked value the player's current hp value. Maximum 5 stacks, etc

this prioritizes human decision making (oh i'm about to get hit, better chug a few pots)

vs inhuman autopot reaction time (got hit 0.001ms ago better start repeatedly chugging pots until my hp goes up)

at the very least, it'll break autopot for a while, until they start making them smarter anyways.

another idea i've toyed with is the buffing of priest healing classes, i dont play one myself because they are so under valued in this game, since pots are more effective and better at keeping you alive, all anyone needs is a buff slave.

why not tweak the skill so

lower level heals are SP ineffective, very low to no cooldown and heal as much as level 10 heal does right now

higher level heals are very sp effective, but invoke a longer cooldown and heals for more than the current level 10 heal

Give priest heals a splash aoe effect from it's target that heals for 33% of the main target value

make kyrie a party buff already

and i'm sure there's plenty of people who enjoy button smashing, but just throwing it out there, there's probably an equal number of players who do not.

At least I'm not one for punishing my keyboard  :P

Edited by XPoke, 01 July 2015 - 08:54 AM.

#55 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 July 2015 - 09:07 AM

damage shielding potions is interesting o.o

#56 Mischelle

Mischelle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 July 2015 - 09:29 AM

Okay, this is NOT going to be an autopot thread.  Keep that crap to yourself.  And I don't want any drama here, hit the back button on your browser if you're just going to attack other users for their ideas.  Instead I want to foster discussion, ideas, and how, if we even can, do something about an apparent issue with pots/healing items.

I think the first thing to do would be to 1) make things heal for more and 2) put a cooldown on their use.

Maybe make all heals % based instead of a flat numerical range?  Weaker things could have shorter cooldowns?

Could we go so far as to have really awesome healing items but you can only use 1 until you are out of combat?

Maybe the issue is damage?  Do we need to scale back numbers?  Could we even do that?  I don't think WP has the ability to change the game that much.

I'm just tossing ideas out.  How can we fix this?  How can we make our beloved RO better?

*you have demonstrated before that you don't actually like the game that we play, ragnarok online, nor are you willing to play within the mechanical confines that exist for the game, preferring some other, imaginary game.

#57 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

My original "Classic" characters got jerked over into Renewal and I didn't get a choice but I accepted the change, as did many.
The "Classic" server isn't classical at all in it's current state. So that point is moot.

To be fair and so this second statement is fixed. Myz said the mechanics of classic is the same as what people played as kids. That is 100% accurate. The mechanics have never changed in that sense. As for the name "classic", it's miss leading because it's simply it's own pre-renewal server. It has its own custom changes to in game features, just like chaos has its own iro specific changes that no other official server has.

At the main point of the thread. It's a cool concept. I wouldn't want to see it on classic but wouldn't be a problem for me on renewal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users