224 replies to this topic

#151 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:30 AM

Havenn, come over here and spend the night your voice is cute.
XD

#152 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:45 AM

You can use this guide for now if you must solo http://irowiki.org/wiki/Old_Glast_Heim

On my GX I usually take 500 slims (just for safety, I end up using like 100 at most if leech RNG is being a jerk :v), 300 Straws (same reason, ends up using 50 on average).

Use your average MVP'ing and PVM gears there, being Evil suit the most important, followed for Undead for the 1st MVP battle. 

The hardest part is knowing how to handle the mobs in each section, being Raydrics the most dangerous for GX. A quick peek of videos of solo runs should get you the idea.

#153 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:52 AM

thanks for posting the same video that I had posted in my post, which consisted of your earlier post of the same video.

also wtf do you use straws for, I only spend like 100 slims (non-ranked) max in that place.

#154 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:55 AM

i could go there with you someday if u want, both my gxes solo that thing easily with barely any supply

#155 Akupuff

Akupuff

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2790 posts
  • Twitter:@akupuff
  • LocationMexico

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:11 AM

thanks for posting the same video that I had posted in my post, which consisted of your earlier post of the same video.

also wtf do you use straws for, I only spend like 100 slims (non-ranked) max in that place.

Got ninja'd, Necro, by you :v Leave me alone

Sometimes RNGesus from leeching just won't leech SP, so it's for those emergencies. Sorry for being prepared :v

#156 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:12 AM

i could go there with you someday if u want, both my gxes solo that thing easily with barely any supply

That would be wonderful! 

Looks like I need a Bathory Carded armor though, other than that I seem to have everything. Cept for an inverse scale... I'd imagine Thanatos has replaced that by now?

I've been wondering though... Why does Fatal FAW do so much more damage than an HBP? I mean HBP gives a decent ATK bonus and the Crit damage bonus is pretty good in and of itself... But I'm not that great on math so IDK. I'm guessing it's better if you hit 193 ASPD without an HBP and have a lot of good consumables, cause atm I need and HBP to hit 193.

#157 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:55 AM

Got ninja'd, Necro, by you :v Leave me alone

Sometimes RNGesus from leeching just won't leech SP, so it's for those emergencies. Sorry for being prepared :v

+9 easter egg hat :v

#158 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:50 AM

Because, lets say u have 120 luk, fatal10 faw gives u 26% crit dmg, and hbp only 15%. This 11% is a LOT, because crit dmg% amps your final dmg when its a crit

#159 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:53 AM

Most of cases u are lacking around 1aspd and 3~4% for using a fatal faw instead of hbp, most of times an agi+20 will make u 193 again

#160 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:09 AM

Well my GX is also for WoE so I won't be going for 120 Luk. Max Luk I'll probably get is about 90. I don't have 90 like right now though so maybe I'll invest in some foods for now so I can use a FAW but it will not have Petal card ;-; but I'm also using a Chakram combo and that's 40% increased crit damage, I just need some ASk.

So if my Luk caps at 90 is the FAW still worth it or would an HBP with Petal be similar damage?

#161 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:16 AM

the damage is still a lot better with faw, hbp is not a bad option also. even with 90 luk, is still 9% more crit dmg than hbp

#162 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:29 AM

Is the 9% worth 1b? O.o

#163 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:32 AM

its not even close to 1b, the gap between +9 hbp and +9 faw would be like, 300~400m at most

btw, check your pms

#164 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:34 AM

I was referring to making a +12 Death Blow HBP vs. a +12 Death Blow FAW with Fatal enchants.

#165 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:37 AM

not worth to +12 those things

#166 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:50 AM

Eh, then act like i said +9 xD
(Why are people selling them +12?)

#167 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:25 AM

+12 is just for the special enchants (special agi). or if you have that much zeny to spend

#168 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 11:41 AM

Aaaahhhhhh ok

#169 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:07 PM

Necessary gear for a GX: undead armor, evil armor

Things that make it easier: fire resist stuff like fireproof, fire-resist carded garment (magnum break, meteor storm)

If you plan to farm maggots: earth armor/earth resist stuff

Inverse scale is good, but thanatos will do the trick (and is often preferred for the hp/sp leech.)

First mvp is so easy, I just equip undead armor and set my guy to auto-attack as I go get a drink or something. Yesterday I came back to find the loots on the ground and realized how upset I'd be to find out the stuff dropped and then disappeared before I got back. Root is earth 4, so you can use a fire endow or just enchant poison + venom impression for 50% extra damage. I don't know why, but I'm very stingy with my elemental converters. ice pick combo works wonders on him, as he has a ton of defense. 

Biggest issue is the raydric archers and the RNG involved in summoning the undead commanders. For archers, take them 1-3 at a time.

It is EZPZ and a good way to make some cash. Enjoy helping to flood the market with silversmith bracelets. 

I use, on average, about 50-100 aloe leaflets on my GX. these are almost all exclusively while fighting Amdarais; hp/sp leech is good enough for the rest. Every now and again I'll use an ygg seed if Amdarais combos 2-3 hits on me after one another to the point that I can't leech back the hp. 

Edited by mikayel, 07 August 2015 - 01:10 PM.

#170 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

The only realy REQUIRED consumable there is edp, really, there are runs that i dont touch my potions, and i could easily not even use awaken there

#171 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:15 PM

As for archer, u will have a bad surprise if u try to face multiple of them at once

#172 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:18 PM

With rideword + thanatos, it's often cheaper to just use EDP to leech back your HP than to use healing items. If you need to use 10-15 healing items, and they cost 1k-2k each, then a single 20k edp is cheaper and better. 

God I love playing GX. 

One strategy I use and I believe all GXs naturally develop should be to have an emergency backslide escape ready. This is particularly useful in the section with Bloody Knights as they cast a mean meteor storm when their HP gets to about 30% or so. What I mean by that, is make sure that you have a clear path behind you and that you know exactly which direction you'll be backsliding. RC them, and once you see the fireball falling, you have enough time to backslide away from any danger and hit them with a CRS to finish them off (if you are using EDP, might take 2 without it unless you are using an inverse scale or Aspersio.) 

I do the same thing with archers, as they do not move to attack you the way normal raydrics do. So, often, you can just backslide away and they won't come chasing you. 

#173 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:39 PM

My strategy is: 1st part left area, just kill, wear dark blinder
Right area, same as left, i kill the maggots tho, chance to get some coagulated
Top area, kill the few raydric kn on the 1st 2 rooms, then i do 1 RC+CRS 2 times to kill the archers( i do normally 80k+ with only 1 counter), i do this whenever there are 4 or more archers together, if its 3 i rush them, i will dodge it. Once killed enough raydrics just wait for the mvp and kill it, sometimes i forget to put the right armor lol, but my hp is high enough and my dmg makes it die within dark claw basically.

2nd floor: The monsters there spawn at fixed locations, i memorized most of them, and they wont trigger unless u can be seen, so walking on cloak will make ur road free the whole time. I walk to the cel in the middle of the spawn and RC them to death, if u kill the BK before the meteor LAND it wont hit you so i default DR there. Do this on both sides, wait for the frikin LKs to spawn omg i hate this rng....
Top area, cloak and walk up, wait for the mvp, put bathory armor and kill, nothing surprising. I mostly get hit by critical slash only, wich doesnt deals more than 10k.

Now, IF i poped a bbgum on the 1st mvp to ensure the oca drop(i usually get to the 2nd one in less than 8min) i keep killing those maggots, chance for more coagulated and round shells for my rk, after effect ends just go to grab the treasure and leave.

Omg what a huge text lol

#174 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 07 August 2015 - 01:47 PM

If you plan to farm maggots: earth armor/earth resist stuff

Inverse scale is good, but thanatos will do the trick (and is often preferred for the hp/sp leech.)

maggots are earth element but i don't think they cast any earth element skills. i tank them really well with just a bigfoot shield and a DR backpack (on my AB). when i farm maggots on my GX i use thanatos katar and painkiller from my alt gen. i wear fire armor to prevent accidentally dying from the meteor storms in the final room.

i personally switch between inverse scale and thanatos katar so i don't have to worry about aspersio scrolls

#175 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:28 PM

They have earth attack, it deals 5~6k w/o any earth/insect reduction, the chance seems to be around 10% tho

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users