Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:29 PM

The issue us not receiving one of these, its if rng gods are against you and the whole spawn cast it on you at the same time, yeah this happened to me quite a few times

#177 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 07 August 2015 - 02:44 PM

oh ok. i've just never had that problem before then. painkiller and hp leech from HF thana katar seem to work just fine without earth armor

#178 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 03:42 PM

pk makes a pretty big difference, if all the maggots use earth atk at the same time you will get floored w/o ele armor.

#179 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:47 PM

I can survive the stacked earth attack while wearing dr, what about that huh. RNG gods of hunter fly proc always seemed to love me lulz

#180 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:51 PM

I can survive the stacked earth attack while wearing dr, what about that huh. RNG gods of hunter fly proc always seemed to love me lulz

The only thing that screws me over is SP leech.

#181 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 04:57 PM

Thanatos katar most of times should sufice that, if not just switch to either rideword or vana for a few seconds until u fill it up again

#182 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 05:59 PM

Taking contributions to my cause xD

#183 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

Btw how you guys RC the last MVP to death? any suggestion?

Cause most of the time I try to RC him he did not get in range, even if I cornered myself to prevent his magnum break.. it seems like the MVP is not in the range

though.. in the end I have to crit him to death.. I find it would be much more faster to DC+RC him and continue to RC for HP leech.. but just not know how..

cause he always pushes me away, even if I am cornered he does not get in range... Thanks for everyone advise

#184 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:33 PM

I walk past him. That is, if he pushes me way, I click to move to the cell behind him and just begin to RC once I'm close enough to him. You can also use dark illusion to get to him, but then you have a delay before you can RC him again. 

#185 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 07:45 PM

OK, Shucks took me through OGH. I can solo it but I apparently need more supplies since my gear isn't as awesome.

Still need myself 2x AK cards for my chakram before I feel comfortable, and some good Saphas.

#186 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:03 PM

Use Dark Illusion to get by his side if unsure about the attack range, works 100%

#187 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 08:50 PM

Thank you mik n ashuckel.. Will try it out again.. So when u work behind him again to RC and if he use magnum again u will have to repeat the same move again correct? Will tt affect dps if there is position lag? Or might as well DC + RC for the first time.. Den corner him and crit it all the way?

#188 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 09:07 PM

Afaik if u click on any mob to ctrl+click, u would be put to a cell of distance to the monster, meaning a 3x3 area around the user, if u can crit it u should be able to RC it as well, its kinda ilogic to not be able to do. Also, there's no RC when dc is up then crit, or rc all the way or w/e. DC amps your dmg by 150%, regardless RC or ctrl+click, if your dps is higher RCing, RC all the way till is dead, if crit has higher dps, crit all the way as well.

#189 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 07 August 2015 - 10:55 PM

It's the size of the sprite, for some reason you can ctrl+click attack him from further than you can RC him. It was a similar issue with the large octopus sprites from the event we had with the takoyaki stuff (lunar new year?)

Basically, just walk in a straight line past him and then RC when you get near. I do this maybe 2-3 times. My own preference is to DC +RC immediately, then when that's out I hallucination walk and just RC him until death. I usually kill him with time left on hallu walk, so I suppose I can do it before I dc+rc, but I tend not to so as not to have anything else to worry about when stacking the initial damage on him. 

edit: aww boo, I ruined my post count of 666. 

Edited by mikayel, 07 August 2015 - 10:56 PM.

#190 Ahpingz

Ahpingz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 11:15 AM

It's the size of the spirite, for some reason you can ctrl click attack him from further than you can RC him

Yup, I somehow encounter this situation as well, the moment when I ctrl+click him and change to RC, sometime the RC cannot reach him.. I have to re-organize the position to enable me to hit

Thanks guys, will try the way to walk pass him n RC again. I believe my DPS would be higher if I RC him, since my aspd is only about 190-191, just find it's a little bit troublesome to do it on Amdarias.

And maybe I need some more practice...

#191 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:12 AM

I just dark illusion to open up on him; then dc and RC until it wears off. if you're lazy you can just ctrl click him to death too; he dies in one EDP anyway.

I use hallu walk at like 50% and have full throttle (level 1 is sufficient) on standby if you get unlucky with HJ or MB.

#192 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:29 AM

I backslide into the npc before the mvp spawns, way easier. Spawned mobs wont see you there unless they move towards you

#193 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 05:32 AM

you can also lead him around the stairs but sometimes he just won't follow you so I just kill him where he spawns now :u

#194 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:28 AM

He doesn't even do that much damage.

#195 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 06:31 AM

then you shouldn't have any problem soloing it

#196 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 01:59 PM

My problem is more over not wasting supplies on the mobs. The AK/BK area hit harder than I thought it would.

#197 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:31 PM

Eh, I don't consider using EDP a waste. Typically the monsters drop enough of the 'glast heim nail and mouths' anyway, and those OC for about 2k each. So if each EDP lets you collect just ten of those, you already made your money back and didn't have to use any healing items (hp leech.)

the most annoying thing about amdarais is getting him to follow you to the stairs, the rest is ez-pz. 

#198 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:37 PM

Why do you have to get him to the stairs?

#199 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:41 PM

No other mobs spawn there, so you won't be bothered by raydric archers/bloody knights/etc. That map is also a mine field, sort of, if you deviate too far from the center area you get meteor storm rained on you. So you have a limited area, with maggot traps, that also spawns in the more annoying monsters from the previous areas. If you drag him to the top by the stairs, you are safe from _all_ of that. 

A single badly placed raydric shot, maggot earth attack, meteor storm (from a BK or from the map) with amdarais' own hits, and it's GG and time to waste a token. Why take the risk? It takes about 15-30 seconds to lure him to the top cuz of his AI to stop and spam dark soul strike, but after that, it's much safer. 

#200 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 02:42 PM

U dont have to, its just a safety measure, in case u dont kill fast enough mobs spawned wont bother you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users