Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2015 - 06:27 PM

enchant poison is nice since ppl dont get any poison element reduction from either valk/immune shield, or KBCs.

basically there are 2 roles: support and offensive

as support your job is mainly to spread poisons to the most enemies u can, u will poison cloud and poison impress a lot, and most of time u can wear a lot of reduction gears.

as offensive gx, basically u kill lol, poisons keep having their uses, but u focus a bit less on them than a support gx. also keep in mind that gx suffers a lot from damage reduction gears+woe reduction, there are some times that u simply not gonna kill ur target. this also varies on weapon of choice, lets say the "traditional" +12 GBR, is pretty common, is powerfull, but sucks agains ppl with like 70%+ reductions, u need either a better weapon or sacrifice woe set to get some more damage.

in my experience, i played both gxes already, support is good, u survive a lot, but i got bored of doing "nothing". As killer, i had to go full offensive to see myself being an effective killer, no woe set, only armor with marc. main reason i dropped using reductions its because even if u use reductions (+12 CEB, Hanky, woe set), a single taoed rk can kill u with like 2~3 db because u are not wearing a shield, i just felt like walking around trying my max to avoid damage and then killing who i could(u will die eventually, kinda fast actually, get used to it).

and if u can reach 193 aspd while dual wielding, u are the best emp breaker in the game, capable of alone breaking an emp in a few minutes

@edit: if u gonna use a converter, use earth. this is more common sense, since ppl only get earth resist in KBCs, and just a few ppl pop all the elemental proofs, rather just not pop earthproof and keep the 20% bonus wind reduc (good agains AS, CL, GOH, ppl that use this converter when see a frozen target)

Edited by Ashuckel, 20 July 2015 - 06:37 PM.

#5 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:dedservRO

Posted 20 July 2015 - 07:08 PM

and to elaborate a bit more about support gx,

check the skill tree of the 3rd class of thief, and you will notice one thing ; they are both blessed with debuff. Masq for chaser, poison for gx.
They almost have similar play style and the only difference is ; chaser also blessed with the defensive skill, while gx is more toward offensive skill.

For debuff-ing, chaser is given a better and stronger skill set : masq, while gx is given with weaker debuff, but it last longer.
For an example; chaser simply use Masq ignorance against caster (or basically anything). It 100% stop enemy from casting skill when you successfully applied it to enemy. As for gx, we use leech end. It only stop people from casting skill that have longer than 1s cast time. But it last for a good 3~5 mins depend on enemy's stats and not to mention it basically drains 1% of enemy hp every 1 s.

a supportGx will run around with 70%~ demi redux. We are very tanky compare to most classes. The only time we will wield katar is ; 1) Breaking the emp. Using kvm katar for the 193proc since i assume most of us cant really reach 193 without that. 2) RC-ing when sura manage to CC (use offensive gear if it is safe). 3)During precast-ing in front of a door (woe1 only :v)

During woe-ing, there are certain classes that are seem to be quite weaker to our poison.
1)Sura. Leech end them and prevent them from casting Zen if they dont have sacra. OC might working against sura from big name guilds.
2)Rg. Leech end/ OCurse them if they dont have inspiration on. That will prevent them from sac-ing key target.
3)Ranger. Either LE or OC to prevent Arrow Storm. Unless they stand on string (or time it correctly), it will stop them most of the time.
4)Gx. OC them. 
5)Chaser. If you choose to LE them, make sure you are prepare to cure your guild with antidote. Otherwise, use MM for the skill delay. Plus it is quite harmless compare to LE but still can do it job to pin point the chaser location.
6)For other class, simply use LE or OC, depending on their builds. When in doubt, LE everything :v

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 20 July 2015 - 08:12 PM.

#6 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola

Posted 21 July 2015 - 01:36 AM

Also, avoid to use oblivium on any class with a probable int of 80 or more, this already give them around 70% resistance to being aflicted by it, otherwise choose magic murshroom if leech end is not effective, these are the 3 main poisons

#7 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:34 AM

there is one situation where MM is better than LE, which is during manhole-recall.

You probably will try your best to catch up with the recaller. But big name guilds probably have chaser(s) who can keep up with their recaller and manhole them as they recall. You should try to LE the recaller if the chaser arent there. But if they manage to pull of the manhole-recall, cast poison smoke using MM. Then you should hope that gene in your guilds will manage to howl them. That will buy your guild some time to either ; 1) regroup and refocus. 2) Cc-ing them 3)SD them.
MM is a lot better than LE is that situation, if and only if your guild got enough gene.

Edited by 3452140212150117003, 21 July 2015 - 02:35 AM.

#8 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:47 AM

i wonder does anyone primarily use gx for woe? or do they opt out for more higher damage dealers

#9 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 07:48 AM

haven't u seen all those GX pvp videos that one guy keep linking? they're so badass!

#10 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:04 AM

what one guy?

#11 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:10 AM

i wonder does anyone primarily use gx for woe? or do they opt out for more higher damage dealers

As long as you have a +13/14 gbr and the right gear you can still deal a ton of damage as a killer. You just need to switch gear at the right moment and know how to pot properly. I almost wiped an entire guild alone after their recall in the last woe.

Edited by meditation, 21 July 2015 - 08:12 AM.

#12 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:19 AM

As long as you have a +13/14 gbr and the right gear you can still deal a ton of damage as a killer. You just need to switch gear at the right moment and know how to pot properly. I almost wiped an entire guild alone after their recall in the last woe.

is that so >.>

#13 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:27 AM

is that so >.>

?

GX is a great damage dealer but like every damage dealer if you don't have a really strong weapon/ high atk/ whatever depending on the class you are using is just useless to try to act as a killer in the woe scene when you are not geared to do that.

#14 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 21 July 2015 - 08:41 AM

well. it isnt pre-renewal after all. Before, you probably can oneshot everyone :v
but after 3rd class introduction, we are more of a support dps compare to pure-onehit-ko class or primary dps (yeah, i know we can deal -_--tons of damage in pvm  but this is woe :| ).
One main problem with trying to build gx as an offensive class is the lack of redux. Remember ; Deadman deal 0 damage. Without thara, the damage that you will receive is kinda high. Against big guild that probably have taoRk(s) or heck, even multiple dbRk on string, it isnt really a viable option to run around with katar.
Yeah, gear swap might work, but then again, that stupid setting that prevent you to gear swap effectively while keeping edp is a problem (change this, and our option as a damage dealer will increase :3).

that why i prefer to build my gx as a halfChaser, having high redux, high vit, but still can deal decent amount of damage or become a breaker when it need to.

#15 atsilva

atsilva

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:00 AM

Is there something a serious WOE guild needs, that only GX can do?

Sorry, dont even play WOE anymore, but became curious about this matter since i had the impression ppl wouldnt use GX in WOE.

#16 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:46 AM

^ Same thought since before people would want a gx and now its even looked down on in woe. surprisngly! bring a gx to some of the high end guilds and they ask if u got a sura or rk instead or a chaser >.>

#17 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 21 July 2015 - 10:49 AM

well, not really. The three thing that gx can do is :

1)Damage dealer
>Sura can do better.Goh/Gfist for single target, TC/FC for aoe (that splash damage is stupid)
>not to mention their mobility  and crowd control

2)Breaker
>I personally think agiRk is better.
>mill shield, to survive against some of the oneshotting skill
>storm blast, to break cc
>as an agi ctrl-clicker, V.katlz is better against high hp, high redux player. And not to mention V.flail to stop potting.
>Hagalas, allow them to use different armor card than unfrozen. (angeling, GR, or basically anything that you want)
>Crush Strike, a mini goh, or mini gfist. (for some agiRk, their CS isnt a joke :v )

3)Debuffer (with poison)
>Chaser is better.
>If you manage to cast it to enemy, their effect is 100% working.
>As for gx, LE only working against <1s cast time. OC dont work if they got 100int (which i assure you, most of them do get with the amount of stats point for 175)

You can see this list and say:
a) Look, there is 3 class that can do gx job, and probably better than it.
or,
b)Look, Gx can do the job of 3 class, even tho it isnt as effective as those 3 class.

So in the end you should ask yourself, whether the glass is half full or half empty. 

#18 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:04 AM

seems a bit depressing actually

#19 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:07 AM

"Upon closer observation, GX doesn't seem as bad as I originally thought. GX has weeded out most of the bad Sinx players, that thought they were the  -_- when they 1 shotted everybody. They all probably jumped onto the OP bandwagon of Sura, Royal Guard, and Genetic, since most players simply cannot play the game unless they have distinct advantages over numberous classes. Props to those that stuck with thier Assassins through the good (trans), the bad (pre-trans), and the present. Having to rely on tactics, strategys, and good reaction skills, as opposed to, press your X button and win, makes for a higher skilled player ratio IMO. Sinx, pre-renewal, was so overpowered that it produced an army of not-so good players. -Bronx

#20 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:12 AM

Isn't there a way to play an offensive GX in WoE using a Combat Dagger and a Shield? I mean there's got to be other ways to do considerable damage with just a dagger, I've heard it's possible

#21 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:14 AM

"They all probably jumped onto the OP bandwagon of Sura, Royal Guard, and Genetic, since most players simply cannot play the game unless they have distinct advantages over numerous classes. "

This. This right here. This is what's wrong with this game.

#22 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:17 AM

"Upon closer observation, GX doesn't seem as bad as I originally thought. GX has weeded out most of the bad Sinx players, that thought they were the  -_- when they 1 shotted everybody. They all probably jumped onto the OP bandwagon of Sura, Royal Guard, and Genetic, since most players simply cannot play the game unless they have distinct advantages over numberous classes. Props to those that stuck with thier Assassins through the good (trans), the bad (pre-trans), and the present. Having to rely on tactics, strategys, and good reaction skills, as opposed to, press your X button and win, makes for a higher skilled player ratio IMO. Sinx, pre-renewal, was so overpowered that it produced an army of not-so good players. -Bronx

Couldnt said it better my self but still i feel that something is lacking i dont know what but something is lacking. like a skill over looked in the assassin class or something. I dont want to go on and on and say gx needs to be a one shotter too but atleast something that a gx can only do i suppose im asking for too much lol

Isn't there a way to play an offensive GX in WoE using a Combat Dagger and a Shield? I mean there's got to be other ways to do considerable damage with just a dagger, I've heard it's possible

i think its mainly for survivability

#23 meditation

meditation

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3547 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:20 AM

Honestly if you have a good equipment and you are good at playing GX i don't really see the problem... Obviously if you think to walk around in woe and spam RC randomly like an idiot you choose the wrong class to play i guess.

A good GX can be a pain in the *** in woe both as damage dealer and debuffer. And then ever heard of that skill called "backslide"? If you really know how to backslide you will have a world of possibilities while woeing...

#24 3452140212150117003

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 811 posts
  • Locationwest prontera

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:24 AM

^ yeah and that why i love gx as of it right now :3
there is a very clear line that separate the good and the bad

#25 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 21 July 2015 - 11:27 AM

what gears do you speak off please elaborate if possible

^ yeah and that why i love gx as of it right now :3
there is a very clear line that separate the good and the bad

^ this! and yet im still learning to play correctly.

you can have all the best equips but if u cant think and play ur class right. those same equips are useless on u :(

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users