Personal Class Proficiency - Page 8 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 10 votes

Personal Class Proficiency

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#176 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 31 July 2015 - 11:30 AM

I've been in low, mid, high ti where priests complain they can't solo support because their sp won't last. Instant
C or lower rank imo, and the criteria I offered already pegged that there.

#177 Joatmon

Joatmon

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1303 posts

Posted 31 July 2015 - 07:30 PM

I've been in low, mid, high ti where priests complain they can't solo support because their sp won't last. Instant
C or lower rank imo, and the criteria I offered already pegged that there.

I feel like I should upgrade my badge all of a sudden. I'm always above 50% SP when I'm playing AB. In fact I don't think I even go under 75% that much. And my gears are -_-. (And I'm faster than most other ABs around my level >.> <.<)

#178 UpgradeAlpha

UpgradeAlpha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • Server:Thor

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:10 PM

First character was a Magnus priest was too excited with the coming monk class that I had str, luk and agi was kinda successful on leveling up with TU level 5 skill until Trans jobs came along. Did the nile rose quest and was stuck with a weight item that I hand to figure out with my set skills then to kill that ooh! Powerful dark priest solo a challenge to be able to rebirth, then as an HP did use mostly Magnus and TU until 3rd jobs. At first as an AB did frequent DQ on port malaya until maxing Adoramus then camping Kiel-D1 mvp until 150 with mora set and 2 vesper card gears, damage done with lex over 120,000k per Adoramus skill. Ranked myself B since I still need to explore more about the AB's secrets :-)

#179 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

Disney Prince in Disguise

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia
  • Server:Chaos, on hiatus

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:37 PM

reason my AB is A coz i havent tried FS build since i am busy developing my exorcist, holy caster and aspd melee hybrid.

#180 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 31 July 2015 - 08:59 PM

S genetic since im the best brewer around

:rice: :rice: :rice:

#181 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:05 PM

how do u know that you are the best?

#182 Darksorrow1234

Darksorrow1234

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2996 posts
  • Server:Chaosss

Posted 31 July 2015 - 09:12 PM

best brewer is renouille  :gg:

#183 AlmrOfAtlas

AlmrOfAtlas

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6533 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:05 PM

Best brewer is whoever has top rank!

1.  ~Renouille  :  119,808,000
  2. snilky snooter  :  17,242,334
  3. ~ Sinergia ~  :  10,926,210
  4. Smokies  :  10,639,690
  5. Universe  :  8,733,964
  6. O r i g i n  :  8,429,716
  7. Doctor Tame  :  4,549,607
  8. Hikiaru  :  3,646,077
  9. im fuzz  :  3,462,967
  10. Dodolia  :  3,173,749

And that isn't Ayin oAo

#184 Ashuckel

Ashuckel

'-' intensifies

• Members
  • 18996 posts
  • LocationJohto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, Alola
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 31 July 2015 - 10:57 PM

genetic brewer =/= biochem brewer :P

im almost there, mine can​ brew 11 foods/gene things each time, working on the perfect 12 per brew

#185 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 02:48 AM

This sounds kind of C/B territory actually!

B rank: moderate damage from monsters, *regular* heal 3.5k+, can support a party of 8 or less alone, you keep up at least bless/agi/magnificat 24/7, know how to use pneuma & lex.

C Rank: *regular* heal 3k+, can support 5 or less people, lapses buffs sometimes, pneuma and lex aeterna what's that? You die sometimes.

Wow. Have never known before I was over-estimating myself as an AB.  :heh:

According to your ranking, C+ actually.

More specific facts I'd like to explain :

- My normal heal always sticks around 2000-2500 won't be more. (+5 Wand of Affection is the best I can get)

- I'm sure I know Acolyte class' skill the most if compared to other classes.

- Using Party Window to send buffs to party has been uncomfortable for me, it causes my effectiveness on focusing my party to drop.

- From above, my heal and buffs often miss the target.

- Power of Odin+Impositio Manus are another fun skills to use

- Spamming Lex Aeterna when I get Magic String is really fun - on MVP actually, PVM situations are waste of SP

- My SP always runs out anyway -_- *sigh* trying to restore using blue pots sometimes. Depending on how much budget I have. Make sure it won't cause troubles on my life.

- I have true motivation and strong willing (woww! :heh: ) to keep Bless/Agi/Magni/Barrier/Secrament 24/7 enabled for the entire party.  There will always be some people walk very fast off my screen and they don't get my buffs. I always try to walk over them before casting, but it's still hard.

#186 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 August 2015 - 03:36 AM

- I have true motivation and strong willing (woww! :heh: ) to keep Bless/Agi/Magni/Barrier/Secrament 24/7 enabled for the entire party.  There will always be some people walk very fast off my screen and they don't get my buffs. I always try to walk over them before casting, but it's still hard.

Actually a better Priest knows who to buff/not to buff. Not everyone needs Bless/Agi/Sacrament, but you'll know who's in need. That helps you to conserve SP and support efficiently. And if you can stick to the party and make the right decisions quickly, then you should be fine. The amount you heal is the least (if any at all) factor in making you "good".

#187 LegendaryTorgue

LegendaryTorgue

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1598 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:10 AM

Genetic: B

RK: B

GX: C

Rest: F

Gears: B+

#188 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:38 AM

Wow. Have never known before I was over-estimating myself as an AB.  :heh:

Yeah just keep in mind the point is to be honest and brutal with yourself so you can identify if you have room to improve, right? It's good to see what the limits of the job class are so you can tell how far off from them you are. Some people I have met thought supporting a party of 12 solo, or healing for 5k+ is impossible, and fancied themselves 'about as good as a priest gets', and then I brought my AB to the table and showed them just how far off they were from 'as good as it gets'. :D

#189 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 01 August 2015 - 05:48 AM

Supporting a party of 12 solo on an AB in TI is stupid easy to the point that it bored me to tears

#190 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:10 AM

It usually bores me too, so I have to try and tank 3476457 monsters also. :chomok04: 

#191 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 August 2015 - 06:23 AM

Try doing it with a bad killer, that will wake you up a bit.

Alternatively, try doing it on classic. I've solo HPed to the top of ET and that was mildly challenging. Easier if I had drunk less, but hey. Where's the fun in priesting sober?

#192 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:01 AM

i support on my ME AB and i never run out of sp. i keep up party buffs, praef/assump, magni, sacra the RKs and casters, lex/pneuma prn. i don't have all the support skills though (i CAN cure/status recov/tree lvl 1/clearance) and haven't played around with adoramus yet, so that's why i rated myself B.

i see priests all the time sacra everyone in the party, even the rangers and gens who are CCing. they continue to do this even after i tell them to stop. then everyone has to stop and wait for the AB to sit and regen sp (this is not in TI or i would just leave). i would probably rate them a C if they did everything else ok, D if not really.

I'd say a real challenge would be to support a 12 person party on a battle priest /gg

#193 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:19 AM

*Looks at previous posts*

Healers have always been hardcore.

Killing stuff? Puh-lease...try keeping 11 loonies alive while you keep your mental sanity intact.

#194 Omegatroid

Omegatroid

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 988 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 07:23 AM

This is turning into class warfare...

#195 OBBO

OBBO

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 593 posts

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:06 AM

Actually a better Priest knows who to buff/not to buff. Not everyone needs Bless/Agi/Sacrament, but you'll know who's in need. That helps you to conserve SP and support efficiently. And if you can stick to the party and make the right decisions quickly, then you should be fine. The amount you heal is the least (if any at all) factor in making you "good".

I forgot to append "to the appropriate members" at the end of my sentence, sorry.

The major reason my sp runs out is that 12 members are getting bad injury (party heal) and at the same time, some RKs or RGs are getting red hp bar (Highness Heal + normal Heal while HH is delaying).

Those 2 skills consume my sp so hard lol. Doing this as an only 1 AB for 12 members further consumes. And they are often used as all members will be continually getting damages.

There are rare situations where some people helps me a lot by putting on some over-powered gears to themselves or do a self-potting (hehe)

And yes, Soul-Exhale or Aid Blue Potion are really appreciated. Thanks for saving my money (LOOL)

Besides, when I see other people that are not in my party, I can't endure myself to give them buffs ._." as long as they are not KSing or doing some ill-mannered habits. 

Yeah just keep in mind the point is to be honest and brutal with yourself so you can identify if you have room to improve, right? It's good to see what the limits of the job class are so you can tell how far off from them you are. Some people I have met thought supporting a party of 12 solo, or healing for 5k+ is impossible, and fancied themselves 'about as good as a priest gets', and then I brought my AB to the table and showed them just how far off they were from 'as good as it gets'. :D

If only someone could buy me an over-upgraded Empowered WoA ._."

Edited by OBBO, 01 August 2015 - 08:18 AM.

#196 ChakriGuard

ChakriGuard

Azzylike

• Members
  • 10857 posts
  • Server:Renew Chaos

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:15 AM

Hmm ... Good ABs dont heal or buff anything but Sacrament. They only spam Lex like there is no tomorrow :P

#197 MeisterKirisaki

MeisterKirisaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 508 posts
  • LocationiRO Loki

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:25 AM

Hmm ... Good ABs dont heal or buff anything but Sacrament. They only spam Lex like there is no tomorrow :P

Clearly nothing "good" about that type of AB.

#198 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:34 AM

i see priests all the time sacra everyone in the party, even the rangers and gens who are CCing. they continue to do this even after i tell them to stop. then everyone has to stop and wait for the AB to sit and regen sp (this is not in TI or i would just leave). i would probably rate them a C if they did everything else ok, D if not really.

This is exactly what I am talking about haha! understanding how your skills work and using them effectively is a mark of an admirable player. I hate having to try and explain to wizards that two wiz casting sg is not only pointless but also bad if sg1 is overwriting sg10. or explaining to 2 bards casting their songs within one another that they are creating dissonance (unchained sereanade) and not magic strings+lutie. Like, its youe job to effectively contribute to your class by knowing what you're doing. maybe ro has too much learning curve lol...

#199 fuyukikun

fuyukikun

• Members
  • 12269 posts
  • LocationIndonesia

Posted 01 August 2015 - 08:57 AM

the idiocy curve also leaning i think. reason: new players refuse to learn, 'elitist' refuse to share, in game description of things are inaccurate

#200 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 01 August 2015 - 09:04 AM

I sacra everyone if I have the sp to spare because it's boring lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic