Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10260 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:38 PM

Here's the place for feedback about the changes to guild dungeon that we are beginning this week: 

8/19

Guild Dungeon Buff

For further information see:

https://forums.warpp...eon-discussion/

https://forums.warpp...ance/?p=2243147

gld_dun03 increase spawn rate 30%

gld_dun04 increase spawn rate 50%

gld_dun01 increase spawn rate 30%

Drops Changes

Principles of Magic Vol1 0 -.2%

Discussion that needs to happen

Bowman Scarf (55 Currently Exist)

Icarus Wing (7 Currently Exist)

#2 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:26 PM

my responses from patch note thread:

You know principles of magic is more powerful than the sniper items? :P

The bowman scarf and icarus wing are sp reductions, both give dex+ 3 (which is less than a nimble glove) and given that we have infinite sp items on the server (special mention WoE Blues from BG) - I see them having little to no effect on WoE and being "nice" for mid tier PVM.

I would not increase the spawn of gld_dun03 for now. The GSB rate in there is comparable to Luina. It is only baldur (gld_dun01) and brit (gld_dun04) that are low/bad.

edit: To make baldur more desirable for use, I would suggest AI adjustments on gajomart - or just increasing the spawn of the other mobs (skel general / am mut). Since it's the weapon strip that makes Baldur really hard to use for all classes. I'd keep gajomart spawn rate lower and buff the other two. That's my suggestion regarding the crappy skills those mobs use.

acknowledge, the magic bible (aka principles of magic) is going to be a game changer... this is something we should be offered a chance to discuss. NOT crappy sniper gear.

Absolutely agree. It's probably more powerful on Classic than original servers due to the crazy items we have here too. It's availability should be adapted to reflect that.

Maybe we need some calcs on the bible to show it.

#3 lyndel84

lyndel84

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 12:17 AM

Discussion that needs to happen

Bowman Scarf (55 Currently Exist)

Icarus Wing (7 Currently Exist)

No discussion needed. There's lots of items that are more powerful than those two ingame.

#4 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 02:36 PM

For the magic bible, +2 int isn't really a big deal. I would say we're at about the same point in pre-renewal in terms of potential matk a high wizard can achieve. For a gear that would make some difference, crown of deceit is a pretty powerful headgear that needs its availability looked at before it arrives. Any word on that one btw?

And I think people will enjoy the sniper gears. They could honestly have their drop rate bumped up to like 0.1% or 0.2%.

#5 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:51 PM

Brit GD is great. Can tele around and find nice little mobs to kill. Much better.

If I was going to be picky...

1. Zombies are SUPER lazy. They don't chase very far and stop randomly making mobbing them extremely difficult especially with...

2. Mini demons JT is annoying considering HOW many freaking mini-demons there are. Not sure if CM will consider lowering their spawn slightly?

3. Wraith AGI Down is annoying. I'm ok with the curse/poison/etc because it wears off and you return to "normal". Losing AGI up is very detrimental to someone trying to solo.

Like I said, i think the new GD is great and it's very nostalgic for me (It was the best place to level before biolabs) so I'm happy. I  would love to see zombies not give up so easy though. 

#6 squirreI

squirreI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 467 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 06:33 PM

If you wear shadow armor, mini demon's dark thunder will not hit you.

Overall I don't really think they should accommodate your issues here. One could argue that they should reduce a kasa's matk because it deals too much damage. Everything's there to add some difficulty and you have to draw the line somewhere. Mob increases are definitely okay though.

I can sort of agree with the issue with gajomarts regarding weapon strip, but I don't think I've every really gotten stripped by one on whatever class I played. Certain classes are just better than other classes in each dungeon.

#7 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:04 PM

Seeing as other dungeons had the mob AI tweaked to make them more "mobbable" I think Fapman's ideas are valid.

#8 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 07:47 PM

Like I said, I was being picky. I don't expect them to rework mini-demons for me. I was just explaining how the lazy zombie problem is compounded when a mini demon JTs you away.

As Xellie said, making the zombies follow a little more aggressively seemed like an AI tweek similar to the one others got which could make a huge difference when mobbing in Brit.

Edited by Fapman, 19 August 2015 - 08:33 PM.

#9 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 20 August 2015 - 11:59 AM

I was referring to Luina, but yes. Similar adjustments in Brit would make it good. Remember there's very few good grand cross/Magnus ex. Maps out there, so buffing brit would also serve to help these characters out somewhat.

Somewhat sidenote nitpicking : It'd be nice if these discussions happened at least a week before the changes so feedback can go in before the additions.

#10 lxst

lxst

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDetroit, Mi, USA
  • Server:Classic/RT

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

were the other drops fixed? loki's nail, legbone of ghoul, ect? also is it just me or do RT not drop in bio 2? about bio 2 can we get some job exp and maybe low drop chance GSB in bio 2?

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 27 August 2015 - 10:58 AM

feedback on brit

"it still sucks"

This isn't just monster density tho, this is about how annoying the mobs are too vs drop rate.

#12 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 August 2015 - 12:53 PM

Yup. Solo avg per he gum in Luina is ~30 boxes and Brit is ~10.

Mobs are ok just the drop rate is horrendous.

#13 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 August 2015 - 04:52 PM

Yup. Solo avg per he gum in Luina is ~30 boxes and Brit is ~10.

Mobs are ok just the drop rate is horrendous.

Yup. I agree. Went to Brit for a couple days but had to stop because it just wasn't worth the time/gum.

#14 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 09:48 AM

I went to Britoniah GD for a little bit this morning and I have to agree with the previous posters that it still needs some help.  The spawn density is okay now (thank you again!), but the fact that the mobs spam Decrease AGI, Curse, and Dark Jupitel Thunder makes mobbing there miserable (borderline impossible).

The two obvious solution are...

1. Play with the monster AI of the Wraith Dead to decrease the chance that it uses Decrease AGI, to make the Zombie Monster keep chasing you, and less Dark JT from the Mini Demon

2. Increase the GSB drop rate by a substantial amount for the monsters there to compensate for how difficult it is to mob efficiently there.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

#15 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 29 August 2015 - 10:13 AM

My initial thoughts would be to leave AI alone. Increase drop rate for GSB by 50% (should bring avg up to 15 per he gum for solo). Test between that increase to double what it currently is.

Something about changing the AI bothers me, but the % drop should be buffed. No higher then double what it currently is though.

#16 Ecclesio

Ecclesio

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts

Posted 29 August 2015 - 01:14 PM

Yeah, I would be more comfortable with just increasing the drop rate.

#17 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 29 August 2015 - 07:35 PM

brb farming sealed shrine?

#18 Fapman

Fapman

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 08:44 AM

My initial thoughts would be to leave AI alone. Increase drop rate for GSB by 50% (should bring avg up to 15 per he gum for solo). Test between that increase to double what it currently is.

Something about changing the AI bothers me, but the % drop should be buffed. No higher then double what it currently is though.

Yeah. I think we all agree that something needs to change. Your solution would be a lot simpler than adjusting monster AI.

#19 Themes

Themes

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1412 posts

Posted 31 August 2015 - 05:25 PM

Payon Dungeon feedback:

Solid. Spent an hour or so down there (Wiz/Priest), got comparable boxes to what I'd normally expect from solo Valk with LK. Density is nice and it's easy enough to mob, probably doesnt need any more changes to the mob count.

I'll comment on Valk later this week and see if I can get an invite to a guild with Brit later too.

#20 kijudoav

kijudoav

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 453 posts
  • Server:both.

Posted 27 September 2015 - 09:04 PM

how about we give a buff to the drop rate of Gate Keepers and Gate Keeper-DDs from Zakudams?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users