They're still better than gladiator at dealing damage due to multi hitting element procs.
Now, Dragoons are fundamentally crippled by the system.
1.Absolute Def Rate, a non existent stat that needs to be incredibly high, since it affects def rate(given by shields) , % cards only effect flat's (shields giving the most amount of flat absolute def rate.),(this stat determines chance of blocking.)
2. Shield Mastery - does not give final block rate, or block damage that scales with level. ( Amazing how our competent dev team can't even fix this after almost 2 years )
3. Block Damage - only way to get higher block damage is via shield, enchanting or soul crafting won't help
4. Parry- Doesn't give any block damage, it give's absolute block rate % which is again useless. if you have no def rate, due to broken shield mastery.
5. Def percent passives for dragoon should go to total, there only redeeming feature for being a tank should be there ease for getting defense ( which will help with getting high resistance )
6. Sacred Protection, the ideal skill for a tanking Dragoon, the skill is a disappointment at level 5 you take 50% of what ever damage the one you're protecting, in other words you'll die for them, the skill itself should be buffed, it should give the ones being protected 50% of Dragoon's resistance & defense. should probably be instant cast.
7. Super armor, no longer super, knockback skill's destroy super armor.