CR - Elementalist Suggestions 10/5/2015 - Xenoa Armory - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

CR - Elementalist Suggestions 10/5/2015

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 05 October 2015 - 01:34 PM

Here are a few suggestions of mine of which I would like you guys input on:

1. Removal of Rage of Bugs - Back in season 1, Elementalists were meant to be a hard hitting single target caster which I still believe that they should remain that way.  This means that Rage of Bugs must go back to being a Druid only skill.  For those who have said that it would make them really weak PvE wise, I main'd Elementalist long before they beefed them up and I had absolutely no problem farming.  The only thing I believe they needed at all then was the forward dash skill returned to them.
  2. Limit the phobias to 1 - What I mean by this is that Elementalists should only be able to choose 1 of the phobia skills to specialize in.  Once they pick one of the 4(Aerophobia, Electrophobia, Pyrophobia and Hydrophobia), they cannot take the other phobia skills.  Needless to say, this also means the skills under each phobia as well.  Some have suggested to me that a few more skills should then be added for each phobia skill tree as well.  Also, the phobia skills need to have some animation given as right now, people can take all 4 of them and spam them all at once within a 2 second window.
  3. High Concentration passive - High concentration should be made passive just like Forsaker or Tempest magic boosting skills.
  4. Phobias reduce cap resistance - Instead of the skills reducing the target's total resistance, why not reduce this overkill value to say... -20% and make it affect the target's cap resistance?  That way if the target has 150% resistance(cap 80%), with the skill on them they would still have 150% but their cap would now be at 60% while the debuff remains.  If the target has 47% resistance(cap 80%), with the debuff they would still have that 47% (60% > 47%).

Current bugs:

1. Absorbing Energy - Deals physical damage when it is supposed to deal Water Property damage.  This skill ignores all defense on top of that.
  2. Magic Counterattack - Deals physical damage when it is supposed to deal Fire Property damage.  This skill also ignores all defense just like Absorbing Energy.
  3. Phobia Skills - Currently have no skill animation nor skill delay period.

Any constructive thoughts or suggestions?

Edited by NemesisDemon, 07 October 2015 - 02:31 AM.

#2 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 05 October 2015 - 03:09 PM

All - NO.

Elem OK now.

Dont touch anything.

#3 BloodyHalo

BloodyHalo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1027 posts
  • LocationHollow Bastion
  • Server:Long Live Hammerine

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:33 PM

All - NO.

Elem OK now.

Dont touch anything.

Your forum name is bugkiller, clearly you want something touched.  Be more constructive.

#4 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 05 October 2015 - 08:41 PM

I like this suggestions...and I agree a lot with rage of bugs one. Maybe you should be able to choose max 2 phobias instead of 1, 1 only if they add more skills to each phobia.

#5 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 October 2015 - 09:12 PM

so this Class can lower someone Resist up to 50 % and if the Weapon De buff hits it`s close to resist cap.

that`s just insane. Compare that with a Defense De buff ?! the equivalent must be something around 2500 Defense.

It`s way to easy to accomplish 20 Sec CD but 28 Sec. Skill duration instant Cast with 30m Range - Thats just insane OP.

I call that easy mode. 

The Resist System needs a  Revamp. You can`t call something resist if you still getting hit for 3-5K DMG 

Either you need to increase the Resist Cap to something like 200 % or we need something stronger against Scad.

Player can reach 100% SCC today so we need stronger SCC Down Enchants or stronger Scad Down Enchants.

Where is the balance in the Past you could reduce the incoming DMG to something like 2K DMG Max

That simply doubled. This ongoing Trend made Def and Resist irrelevant for someone with only like 10K HP 

Your getting 2 hilted or 1 hilted in PB Mode -- Good Game^^

So in  PB Mode thats more than 10K on capped Resist. Just Madness. I won`t support this only for the sake

of selling 40 % HP Cash Items.

don`t tell me they are out of the Game, you don`t know about the replacement yet. 

So Element is a Heavy Nuker ok, but what`s the standard today anyway?! 

You only try to fix / adjust the Classes around the Madness comparing em to the other Classes.

I say adjust the Madness itself and the Classes become more balanced as well.

Edited by Sandyman, 05 October 2015 - 09:17 PM.

#6 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:20 AM

Disagree with 1
I like number 2 but only of there's more skills added to each element tree. Specialized elems. I like it.
50/50 on 3. How about having it non kickable? And when it's activated everything else can't be kicked either?
Yeah both of those bugs are funny, because absorb used to work perfectly well before lol.

#7 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 October 2015 - 12:26 PM

so this Class can lower someone Resist up to 50 % and if the Weapon De buff hits it`s close to resist cap.

that`s just insane. Compare that with a Defense De buff ?! the equivalent must be something around 2500 Defense.

It`s way to easy to accomplish 20 Sec CD but 28 Sec. Skill duration instant Cast with 30m Range - Thats just insane OP.

I call that easy mode. 

The Resist System needs a  Revamp. You can`t call something resist if you still getting hit for 3-5K DMG 

Either you need to increase the Resist Cap to something like 200 % or we need something stronger against Scad.

Player can reach 100% SCC today so we need stronger SCC Down Enchants or stronger Scad Down Enchants.

Where is the balance in the Past you could reduce the incoming DMG to something like 2K DMG Max

That simply doubled. This ongoing Trend made Def and Resist irrelevant for someone with only like 10K HP 

Your getting 2 hilted or 1 hilted in PB Mode -- Good Game^^

So in  PB Mode thats more than 10K on capped Resist. Just Madness. I won`t support this only for the sake

of selling 40 % HP Cash Items.

don`t tell me they are out of the Game, you don`t know about the replacement yet. 

So Element is a Heavy Nuker ok, but what`s the standard today anyway?! 

You only try to fix / adjust the Classes around the Madness comparing em to the other Classes.

I say adjust the Madness itself and the Classes become more balanced as well.

Well in regards to your statement about the -50% resist, heres my thoughts on that for some time now: change it to say -20% to the targets CAP resistance.  What I mean by this is that if the target has say... 80% resistance and this is applied, their resistance is now 60%.  If they have 57% resistance and this is applied, their resistance stays 57%.

In regards to "The Resist System needs a  Revamp. You can`t call something resist if you still getting hit for 3-5K DMG", melee can hit much harder than this on cap resist and thus, this becomes irrelevant.

"Skill duration instant Cast with 30m Range" Nearly every melee class has some method with which to close that 30m range instantly so even that becomes irrelevant, however, I do believe that the phobia skills most certainly need their own skill animation and I wouldn't even mind a charge up time(just like fairy's curse).

"Either you need to increase the Resist Cap to something like 200 % or we need something stronger against Scad." If they did this, there would be virtually no melee in the game given it would be virtually impossible to cap resistances.

"Your getting 2 hilted or 1 hilted in PB Mode -- Good Game^^" You mean like zerkers and warlords do anyways?

"So in  PB Mode thats more than 10K on capped Resist. Just Madness. I won`t support this only for the sake of selling 40 % HP Cash Items." VMod already stated that 40% will be removed from the game soon.

"You only try to fix / adjust the Classes around the Madness comparing em to the other Classes." No, I say adjust the class to the way it was originally MEANT to be.  A single target heavy hitting caster.

Edited by NemesisDemon, 06 October 2015 - 01:07 PM.

#8 reqbugkiller

reqbugkiller

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Trifri

Posted 06 October 2015 - 03:58 PM

Change anything unnecessary, everything works as expected.
Elem balanced character.

#9 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 06 October 2015 - 07:53 PM

Thats not balance at all.

That`s a spiral of unbalance. 

Don`t step into the Dev`s Footsteps...and selling only unbalance.

Well thats exactly what i thought will happen.

No surprise at all. 

"Solo Target Heavy Hitter" 

that fits for all Classes besides Tank.

If you call that a Concept, than you will only attract 12 Years old Kidz who want to one hit theirs Enemies.  

What a charming , clever PvP.

...not^^

only because Zerk can, does not make it right. Your just copy paste same mistakes from one Class to the next.

If Zerk is able to ignore Def. or simply DMG has gone out of Hand than increase the Defensive Skills / Potential in Game.

if your just helping to push the boundaries your just advertising Pay2Win

Edited by Sandyman, 06 October 2015 - 08:05 PM.

#10 Lyia

Lyia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 266 posts
  • Server:Nova

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:15 AM

Interesting, but wasnt RoB moved to BMs tree one of the most requested changes the last time elves got "rebalanced"?

Good job!

Oh, also Sandy made a great point about resist Vs scad.

#11 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:26 AM

Thats not balance at all.

That`s a spiral of unbalance. 

Don`t step into the Dev`s Footsteps...and selling only unbalance.

Well thats exactly what i thought will happen.

No surprise at all. 

"Solo Target Heavy Hitter" 

that fits for all Classes besides Tank.

If you call that a Concept, than you will only attract 12 Years old Kidz who want to one hit theirs Enemies.  

What a charming , clever PvP.

...not^^

only because Zerk can, does not make it right. Your just copy paste same mistakes from one Class to the next.

If Zerk is able to ignore Def. or simply DMG has gone out of Hand than increase the Defensive Skills / Potential in Game.

if your just helping to push the boundaries your just advertising Pay2Win

You have literally contradicted yourself again.  You are complaining about the class yet you seem to not know what my desired changes are to begin with.  You are doing nothing but complaining about both Elementalists and everything else.  This thread is "Elementalist Suggestions" not "General Complaints/Suggestions".  I want the class to go back to as close to how it was before they changed the Elementalist class this last time.  I have main'd an Elementalist for several years now and even before the changes, the only thing I really wanted for them was the dash returned and Fairy's Curse increased some(since everyone had beyond cap res like it was nothing).  They were fine the way they were beyond that.  

#12 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

Added both another bug and another suggestion.

#13 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 03:00 AM

Hmm, can't agree with phobia reducing max resist. People have spent quite a lot making sure elems can't break resist, don't think it's fair to go and destroy that. Also 50 resist is too much. Can we settle on 35?

#14 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:09 AM

Phobias skills should work like Nemesis said, if target has 100% resistance, and you debuff 30%, the resistance should down to 50%.

I think debuff + 502 dmg at insta cast is too much too....they should have a 0.5 seconds cast time.

Also I think fire and elec phobia should have the yellow attack "ball" like now, while wind and water the blue one (same as snow burst). It sucks u use water down and u see that yellow attack ball lol.

#15 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:23 AM

well the Reasons for my Critic, or with your Words: "Complains" include the full Spectrum of the Game. Not only the Skills itself.

Mby. you just don`t fully understand that Nemesis.

First you have to look what`s the Reason why we have unbalance in the First Place.

If your only looking for small fixes, than you underestimate the Core Problem, or the causes.

But hey it`s all fine with the Game^^ ya ofc. 

That should have been the first selective Question for this CR thingy^^

And all who think it`s all fine should have never been selected in the First Place. Its not all bad nevertheless

It`s not about being Negative or Positive. It`s about seeing more than only 1 Class., the Game status itself.

Since that`s the Reason for all our Problem. Not only the CD or Affect of single Skill/DNA. That`s snow job.

We have a inflation of Stats, like Def. and Resist . It`s no Wonder. Both are Start S2 Mechanics.

But the DMG changed from those Times dramatic. It`s a Global Problem.

Edited by Sandyman, 07 October 2015 - 04:29 AM.

#16 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 04:55 AM

Phobias skills should work like Nemesis said, if target has 100% resistance, and you debuff 30%, the resistance should down to 50%.
I think debuff + 502 dmg at insta cast is too much too....they should have a 0.5 seconds cast time.
Also I think fire and elec phobia should have the yellow attack "ball" like now, while wind and water the blue one (same as snow burst). It sucks u use water down and u see that yellow attack ball lol.

Oy but what about players that got infinite shield specifically to counter that debuff. Or got infinite jewels for that. I don't think the fire debuff would be fair for melee players.
I mean imagine a commie getting hit by that when he's rushing into a mystic.
Just when from 3k a tick to over 4.5k with no chance of survival
As for animation colors. Why can't they make
Fire : red
Elec : whitish yellow
Water : dark blue
Wind : bluish gray
Even better if they added actual animation to the ball, so the ball would be on fire or filled with lightning or water and there's no animation for wind unless they shove a tumble weed inside the ball lol

Edited by NorrinRadd, 07 October 2015 - 05:00 AM.

#17 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 October 2015 - 05:06 AM

Oy but what about players that got infinite shield specifically to counter that debuff. Or got infinite jewels for that. I don't think the fire debuff would be fair for melee players.

What's ur idea for it then? Keep the debuffs like this? I don't like that players can counter that debuffs 100%...it even advantage casters that always have a much bigger resistance.

Edited by Kazara, 07 October 2015 - 05:10 AM.

#18 NorrinRadd

NorrinRadd

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 333 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 06:02 AM

How about
Cuts your real resist by 50%

So if you have 80 resist it drops to 40.
If you have 100 it drops to 50
And only way to stay capped is to have 160 resist, which is quite insane. And mostly commies and prots with infinite shield have that much, which is perfectly fine with them not being broken.
Sure players stacked with regals can still have high fire resist especially with scad 2 ball, but then add in mystic frdd5 or saker bw, and you can still break fire.
Pretty much this has a weaker effect on players with less resist, which is nice. And a much stronger effect on players with 100+ resist, which is also nice.

#19 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:46 PM

Hmm, can't agree with phobia reducing max resist. People have spent quite a lot making sure elems can't break resist, don't think it's fair to go and destroy that. Also 50 resist is too much. Can we settle on 35?

I am one of those, however, it was one of the ideas I had about a year ago when they were taking suggestions as the -10% debuff almost never did anything to people.  I do agree, however, that the -50% is indeed a bit excessive.

#20 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 12:53 PM

How about
Cuts your real resist by 50%

So if you have 80 resist it drops to 40.
If you have 100 it drops to 50
And only way to stay capped is to have 160 resist, which is quite insane. And mostly commies and prots with infinite shield have that much, which is perfectly fine with them not being broken.
Sure players stacked with regals can still have high fire resist especially with scad 2 ball, but then add in mystic frdd5 or saker bw, and you can still break fire.
Pretty much this has a weaker effect on players with less resist, which is nice. And a much stronger effect on players with 100+ resist, which is also nice.

I like this.  It would be something similar to I believe Shout of Ferocious Tiger but from a resistance standpoint.  Then, you wouldn't have people getting negative resist after getting hit by it.

#21 Vulcano

Vulcano

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3907 posts
  • LocationPortugal
  • Server:Nova/trifrri server

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:05 PM

i agree on phobias, elemt should only learn one elemt type phobia, it makes more unique and fun for build the skills, i stay most of times confused why elemt shouts every skill phobia at time >_<

#22 NemesisDemon

NemesisDemon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 07 October 2015 - 01:48 PM

i agree on phobias, elemt should only learn one elemt type phobia, it makes more unique and fun for build the skills, i stay most of times confused why elemt shouts every skill phobia at time >_<

Yes, I dont like how so many elems get all 4 of them and use them in a short burst window (like 4 hits in 2 seconds) with no between skill delay... 

#23 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:08 PM

there is a very one sided Trend going on...

People only focus on the DMG Aspect of nearly every Class so far.

can`t blame you^^ nothing besides DMG matters today.

But for a Class like Elementalist there should be more. Don`t oversee the Supportive Character of this Class.

It`s the strongest first Job Healer by far. And has even on Second Job much to offer:

Spoiler

Dev`s focus only on DMG because that promotes Cash Shop and the unbalance , that`s their Agenda.

But if your not biased it should not be yours as well.

Raise the Supportive Potential of the Class. It`s not only a Heavy Nuker like Zerk it has strong Healer and Supportive Potential/ Characteristic. 

Edited by Sandyman, 07 October 2015 - 11:09 PM.

#24 Kazara

Kazara

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3057 posts
  • LocationItaly

Posted 07 October 2015 - 11:36 PM

Strongest first job healer? With heals high cd that can't crit? Lol

#25 Sandyman

Sandyman

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1677 posts

Posted 08 October 2015 - 12:00 AM

that`s why i said improve it...

BM has Battle_Magician_Wave_of_Purification.gif this alone makes em strong Supporter.

And ya i say strongest Healer, AoE Hot could be a mighty Tool. I see the Potential.

Not my fault that Inflation made em useless...

High CD is not the Problem when the Skills get an improvement that they are worth Skilling again.

So if you say they are useless delete em but than the Class will become really only another Nuker in Game like all the other.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users