Patch Notes 10/13/2015 - Page 3 - Patch Notes and News - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes 10/13/2015

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
117 replies to this topic

#51 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:None

Posted 15 October 2015 - 08:07 PM

I'll give it a shot when my internet decides to unblock me in a few days. My favorite holiday event being ruined...Sad life of me :(

As for the monster spawning, it also occurs frequently in verdurous forest, last boss ryvius and pipsqueak mutisha, where those pesky goblins spawn and smack you till you mash that escape and shift button like dance dance revolution to get rid of the cutscene/dialogue.
Maybe the pipsqueak is me since I can't tank the minions on some of my characters.

Edited by Agitodesu, 15 October 2015 - 08:17 PM.

#52 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts
  • LocationGermany, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 15 October 2015 - 10:07 PM

All in all. I highly recommend giving this event a shot. Awesome job to the staff. I'd tip my hat to you, but I need all the defense I can get in Jack's opening cutscene!

Thank you ManItsMile. I'm glad to hear that so many like this event and I'll forward the positive feedback to the staff :)

As for the opening scene, I am aware that this is problematic. Very odd is that we didn't have a dialog when testing it.  :p_conf:

We're trying to fix it.

Edited by Popcorn, 15 October 2015 - 10:07 PM.

#53 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 15 October 2015 - 11:17 PM

ManItsMile is going to be my next alt! Just teasin'!

Strange about the dialogue. I do like it though! Is it possible to make it so no mobs are in the room at the start of the battle, but give his idle animation (where he laughs) a small chance to summon a few? Or something along the lines of that?
Please excuse my ignorance. I play a lot of games, but know nothing about programming them!

#54 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 16 October 2015 - 06:03 AM

I just wanted to mention that the dialog can be skipped by pressing ESC.

#55 VinylDorayaki

VinylDorayaki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 659 posts
  • LocationVirtual Reality
  • Server:Disboard

Posted 17 October 2015 - 05:56 PM

Will all the costumes in Mixboard will stay for a week or 2 week like usual ?

#56 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 17 October 2015 - 10:00 PM

Will all the costumes in Mixboard will stay for a week or 2 week like usual ?

For 2 weeks. But we replace ALL costumes by the seocnd bunch of halloween costumes on Oct, 28th.
The whole halloween event ends on November, 11th.

Edited by Popcorn, 17 October 2015 - 10:01 PM.

#57 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:24 AM

Please make sure to put the Advanced Jack'O Lantern costume in the Bigwheel (or Mixboard) by then !

#58 reqt

reqt

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Server:GAY

Posted 19 October 2015 - 07:03 PM

Its quite hard to obtain sss in event missions. In pt its still slightly manageable but solo is impossible. Possible to ease this?

#59 sigeel

sigeel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 412 posts
  • LocationCroatia

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:04 PM

the whole groggy thing with bosses is basically just making things more difficult for anyone. And I am not just saying this because of a halloween map. I am saying this for any boss in every map.

What was originally an attempt to make the bosses easier to kill, really backfired. 

Because there are two bosses at the end, when entering groggy mode, the time slows down for the player while at the same time the boss becomes invulnerable for a few seconds, also it zooms in on a boss which IMO is only making things worse for the player because you don't have a clear view of the map and the character ( example how to avoid the next attack or where to run)

now while one boss is going into groggy mode, the character is in slow motion but the other boss can just keep punching you in real time, and in some occasions, only one hit is enough to completely degrade a whole grade. lets say from SSS to SS and lower. the grade bar drops down too fast instead of dropping down gradually. and if you don't move out of the way ahead of time, it is inevitably what will happen.

now the other option, to ease obtaining the SSS rank might be to simply increase the number of enemies on the map. 20 per map is really way too low, when one shot from a boss in the map(not just in the boss room) can strip you down for a whole grade.

#60 Precrush

Precrush

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 09:30 PM

I also think it is quite annoying to struggle for that sss rank in every mission map, especially as an invoker.

#61 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:08 PM

I also think it is quite annoying to struggle for that sss rank in every mission map, especially as an invoker.

Chain lightning, magnet/spark rock, wraith of heaven, rain of fire if you like that.

In general, due to the small number of mobs in the maps, you may have to do 2 maps for a SSS

I do agree with the groggy status of bosses causing trouble.

Edit: for the classes that can use invincibility skills (moonwalk, burrow, emergency exit, etc) you can pop it during the groggy animation to combat losing your rank. It helps some people. Figured it would be worth mentioning haha

Edited by ManItsMike, 19 October 2015 - 10:13 PM.

#62 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:10 PM

Whether or not I get hit by a boss or monster, the maximum score I can get is an A on a destroyer solo play. The only way to get an SSS is at least 2 maps. Don't know if that was intended or not, but it would be nice to be able to get an SSS within 1 map run.

#63 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts
  • LocationCurrently on Earth
  • Server:Last one standing

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:16 PM

First, all you need to get all the rewards is SS ranking.

You will be rewarded with 3 objects only though.

(confirmed by myself and a lot of guild members)

I do play this mission solo, all the time.

I hit SSS raking every single time I go in there - one map.

If you can't do that, play 2 maps.

It's kind funny to read this complainings, remember it was you guys that were the ones being always like this :

OH look at that, all mission maps are easy as hell. They are a joke. There is not one that has a challenge for me.

Well, now you for sure got one that has. :p_smile:

Edit:

Or did you guys really forget how to play this game while only standing afk in F7, I really wonder.....

Edited by Fliederduft78, 19 October 2015 - 10:19 PM.

#64 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 10:20 PM

Hello,

Fliederduft78 is right, the rewards can already be obtained only having an SS rank.

We will adjust the map by the upcoming maintenance to yield the rewards for S rank too, but only with 2 rewards.

So basically you will get:

SSS - 4 rewards (with chance of the "good" rewards)

SS - 3 rewards (with chance of the "good" rewards)

And after the maintenance:

S - 2 rewards (with chance of the "good" rewards)

A-C - 2 normal rewards

D-E - 1 normal reward

F - no reward

We are not able to adjust the way ranks are calculated. 

#65 ManItsMike

ManItsMike

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 806 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:05 PM

I'm not 100% sure about mission map mechanics, as I'm a dungeon man, myself. (if anyone gets the obscure super mintendo reference, I'll give you a cookie) I believe if it takes you less hits to kill monsters, your sense bar would fill up more slowly. That may be the cause of people getting lower ranks, along with time, although most players would probably clock in at around a minute per map (I'm talking about the ones that are posting that I know well, here!)

Is someone able to clarify if I'm right here? Like I said, mission maps aren't my forté. I really just understand counters and back attacks haha

#66 Agitodesu

Agitodesu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1978 posts

Posted 19 October 2015 - 11:56 PM

I too can hit an SSS every single time I go there - one map.

Particular classes with different gear will have trouble getting an SSS is what I was trying to say or get to since that was the one class that I had issues with gear compared to another of the same class I got SSS with.

I'm trying to at least support how other players feel like since I tested it out a couple classes and with different gear.
I could have just said that I can SSS every time on almost all my characters unless everyone is brain dead in mission maps (No mercy).
But what do I know? I'm just a nub of pumpkin puree in your pumpkin pie.

From what I've seen, is that mike is bound on earth. And whilst earthbound, toss me a cookie as I live in your planet too, Mr. Dungeon man.

Edited by Agitodesu, 20 October 2015 - 12:25 AM.

#67 Homurasan

Homurasan

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 1116 posts
  • Server:You can guess.

Posted 20 October 2015 - 01:25 AM

I kind of guess that having one X-based class in your party is about necessary to rank SSS easily within one map (with only the first boss if your fellow has plenty of attack speed but a weak weapon). You can even take a few hits while your partner keeps shooting at the bosses backs, your rank still will go up at extreme speed given the Invoker / Summoner has decent gear and isn't targeted by any of them.

Now as a Sorcerer... I haven't managed to rank triple S alone yet. Damn furious boss won't become groggy with "only" a few meteors / lightnings / storms, while a few bubbles from my Summoner are enough to stun them. Gotta request this along with crits on my Emblem of fire è_é

As a side note : time is hardly a factor when considering mission map rank.

Hm, one more thing : Flieder, it isn't complaining I see, but remarks and questions. Ranting is a thing, suggesting is another.

Edited by Homurasan, 20 October 2015 - 01:30 AM.

#68 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:02 AM

As a side note : time is hardly a factor when considering mission map rank.

It's good that you point this out. It's a somewhat common misconception that time is important for the rank because the timer has such a prominent appearance in the interface, but it's actually not very important at all. Your rank goes down a little bit as time passes, but it's hardly noticeable.

For those who find it too hard to reach SSS, equipping a weaker weapon might help since you will land more hits before the monsters are defeated.

When it comes to bosses getting furious/groggy, I think the disorienting zoom-in on a boss when it becomes furious should be removed as soon as client updates are possible.

Edited by Laburey21, 20 October 2015 - 02:02 AM.

#69 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:11 AM

Time IS important. Try out standing around when you killed all mobs and you have an S rank for example. It falls down - slowly but it does.

#70 Laburey21

Laburey21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 409 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:16 AM

Time IS important. Try out standing around when you killed all mobs and you have an S rank for example. It falls down - slowly but it does.

It is very slow, about 1 ranking point in 5 seconds. A character with good technique but weak attack can spend more than 30 minutes on a run and still get SSS.

#71 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:19 AM

And I am very disappointed about many of you. First when there were no development at all you were happy the game is still running, but now when you see that some development is done you are only complaining about almost everything with a few exceptions.

The only thing I read in the forum lately is "We want, we want, we want" or "We don't like what you are doing because".

We want to hear the community and we want your opinion, but you can't get everything you want or in the exact way you want it. There are limitations and also other issues and side effects to think about.

And about ranting: What you guys want? Empty mission maps to run through with getting all the free stuff without really playing? I think some players are right, we should decrease the number of free stuff a bit, because the greedyness and lazyness of certain players have no limit anymore.

Homurasan, you shouldn't talk about ranting. It's not that I am blind when reading your posts.

However, yes I ranted now, because I am totally fed up with all the complains and "suggestions" (which are more complains than suggestions) lately.  :pif:

This event runs for 4 weeks (until November, 11th). I suggest to use it as long as it's there.

Edited by Popcorn, 20 October 2015 - 02:21 AM.

#72 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:25 AM

When it comes to bosses getting furious/groggy, I think the disorienting zoom-in on a boss when it becomes furious should be removed as soon as client updates are possible.

I would support this. :p_smile:

I never found this does anything regarding the point of a challenge for running a mission map, only thing it does is annoying people. So, Poppie, if you should ever have the chance to remove this. I guess that would be just fine with everyone.

As a tip, I believe the Halloween mission map bosses are of the same kind as Alvida and Hookah were. I guess you should be able to freeze/stun them (at least the "ghost" ones) - sure not while in rage mode.

This might be helpful to a lot of the classes.

Have you tried that?

Edited by Fliederduft78, 20 October 2015 - 02:28 AM.

#73 Popcorn

Popcorn

Woodie-Holic

• Dragon Saga Staff
  • 5559 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:27 AM

I would support this. :p_smile:

I never found this does anything regarding the point of a challenge for running a mission map, only thing it does is annoying people. 

I definitely 100% agree to this too.

#74 5143121023173906760

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1508 posts
  • Server:Sounds obvious !

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:29 AM

As a tip, I believe the Halloween missin map bosses are of the same kind as Alvida and Hookah were. I guess you should be able to freeze/stun them (at least the "ghost" ones) - sure not while in rage mode.

Bosses can't receive debuff while being in fever mode.

#75 Fliederduft78

Fliederduft78

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1691 posts

Posted 20 October 2015 - 02:32 AM

Bosses can't receive debuff while being in fever mode.

Yeah, sorry, I used the term "rage mode": But that is what I meant, yes. :p_smile:

sure not while in rage mode.

I simply translated it from the German term, sorry for confusion.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users